PSN Servers down?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 229 comments
PSN is back , least for me. I guess Sony is turning on servers back .

Anyway, F1 in Spa just started. Thrilling start and few 1st laps .

EDIT: Half an hour later I've noticed PS3 is d i s c o nected again. PSN down again :boggled::lol:

Least F1 race in Spa is great.

Last edited:
Hacking game systems is very amateur.
It's actually quite difficult now - but that's not what this was. It was a denial of service, which is about the most amateurish thing you can do.

And it doesn't affect the company that the 'hackers' claim to go after, just the consumer. Sony will shrug it off - it's only folk who wanted to play online today who will have been inconvenienced.

They're just after publicity because they're attention whores. So now it's largely over, let's stop talking about who did what rather than giving them what they want.

It's down here too. On my ps3/ps4/ps vita. SO, bye bye all Sony products. PC gaming it is for the next 2-3 months. (cus that is how long it took last time to get psn working again - here anyways)

It's down here too. On my ps3/ps4/ps vita. SO, bye bye all Sony products. PC gaming it is for the next 2-3 months. (cus that is how long it took last time to get psn working again - here anyways)

That's their main goal is to get people to go to PC gaming than console gaming.

There's maintenance scheduled for tomorrow too, but that's been known about for a week.
Thanks Famine, I didn't know about any scheduled maintenance.

After looking for a few minutes, I found this on the scheduled maintenance.

This says that PSN servers are starting to come back online for some people.

(10:07 am CDT) Update:

SOE confirms servers are stable.

Note:
We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulty enjoying the PSN. We have confirmed the PSN is stable. If you are having trouble, we encourage you to contact your internet service provider.

Last edited:
I can log in to PSN but I get code 2:6399, unable to connect to servers, when I start up GT6.

It seemed ok in the afternoon but now all is down again.
I can comfirm that PSN is down as of writing.

Edit: I have signed in manually (did it 3 times, auto sign-in did not work for me), but only 6 friends are showing up in my friends list (should be about 45). GTA online is working for me at the moment.

Last edited:
There was notice for maintenance for the last 3 days (I know this because I needed to switch my main PS4 device, and thus needed to contact CS).

No DDoS attack, just normal schedule maintenance. Or DDoS attack if reading it as that makes the whole thing more interesting, if not false.

upload_2014-8-24_17-6-38.png

Back