Scenery

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 417 comments
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_29.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_22.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_15.jpg

A building you'd be forgiven for never seeing when racing at Monza:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes__2_zps0cf1752d.jpg

The obligatory "I wish we could drive the old circuit" shots from Monza and Spa:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes__5_zps2e209236.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_16_zps87577f7b.jpg

Gravel... just gravel.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_29_zps526cbd99.jpg

Spa's little-known shed museum, the exhibits fenced-off to prevent visitors getting too close:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6_zps90365b5b.jpg

Spa by night:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_26_zpsf6ef84bb.jpg

Spa's karting area, the buildings look fine although the track needs a little work:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_11_zps5269f150.jpg

The Elusive Light & Sound
This picture started out as my usual terrible effort. A red Mercedes Vision GT speeding through the tunnel at SSRX.

Then, it struck me just how terrible the idea was so, i went a little mad, erased the car, drew a few lines and what you see above is the result...Yes, it's still crap!

For anyone who want's to create a long exposure effect on your pictures, it's really quite easy. Some Zoom Blur, some slightly wavy lines, some blured, some not and have a play with their various blend modes...it's piss easy!

Aaaaanyway, here is the original shot i started with, as you can see...it was going to end up looking just awful!

0h2z.jpg

Thanks for looking (and lauging!)
👍

See, things like this make me angry, they bother to make ultra realistic trees and such, but they can't refine the actual cars. Oh well, it's beautiful.

See, things like this make me angry, they bother to make ultra realistic trees and such, but they can't refine the actual cars. Oh well, it's beautiful.
I think they're planning on keeping the tracks and ditching the cars for next gen and completely remodeling them.

/random idea

How do you get this high with the camera and out of the track I suppose to take the photos?
When I try to lift the camera as high as possible it nearly passes the fences and the guardrails and other barriers of the track which all have collisions so I don't understand how you get those photos?
Would you mind to explain it to me? That would be really nice!

By the way great pictures people! :) 👍

How do you get this high with the camera and out of the track I suppose to take the photos?
When I try to lift the camera as high as possible it nearly passes the fences and the guardrails and other barriers of the track which all have collisions so I don't understand how you get those photos?
Would you mind to explain it to me? That would be really nice!

By the way great pictures people! :) 👍

Well, it's all about location. There are very few places on the new tracks to the GT series that have them. Mount Panorama is one. In real life a helicopter flies around the track for the broadcast of any race held there, so I suppose PD added a few camera angles to match...

Sometimes, when you go into Photo Mode during a replay, there can be up to 21 different positions for the camera. You just have to find the right one! Other things you can try are different locations on a track with elevation

Well, it's all about location. There are very few places on the new tracks to the GT series that have them. Mount Panorama is one. In real life a helicopter flies around the track for the broadcast of any race held there, so I suppose PD added a few camera angles to match...

Sometimes, when you go into Photo Mode during a replay, there can be up to 21 different positions for the camera. You just have to find the right one! Other things you can try are different locations on a track with elevation
Oh well didn't thaught that the solution would be so easy!
I just considered the first camera which can be moved, a bit naive by me to ignore the other cameras... :banghead:
However thank you very much for the explenation! :) 👍

Back