Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments

Aston Martin V8 Vantage 1999

Ok first things first. I would not recommend this car for small tracks. It's too big and has too much power for them. However large tracks. O baby. I love this car so much it tares up large tracks. Sarthe, "the Burg", Spa, Monza, etc. Yes it has a lot of HP, but it still throws down fast laps for it's weight. I actually made this car for a competition, but it didn't do so well at the small track. I still left the added weight that was required because I feel it balances the car better, but you can get rid of it if you want. Might be harder to control tho. I did a 6:58 at Nurburgring which was super good for me since i suck so much there and it was so easy too. I'm sure much faster times can be had with this car.

Last edited:
This isn't really tune related, I was just wondering what color that is on the MS Elise. Is it some sort of Jag green or BRG? Or is it a dark green that I have yet to see (and buy) in the UCD?

DDAAVVIIDD82
This isn't really tune related, I was just wondering what color that is on the MS Elise. Is it some sort of Jag green or BRG? Or is it a dark green that I have yet to see (and buy) in the UCD?

Ahah why you like it? Because I sure do. I wanted a green for the lotus since its British, but also liked the dark blacks. I'm like 99% sure it's dark green mica. I have to check for sure, but it's awesome. Looks all black than just the parts that the sun hits does it go a brighter green.

I've got a TVR Cerbera speed 12... I've used it in drift, hit insane speed and had some fun... Even though I've "retired" from serious racing, I'm annoyed by the fact that this car hardly does "normal" turns well. I've had a hard time finding a good tune for it, and the car seems to have potential!

Edit: I know you have a speed 12 because of your WICKED drift tune..

I'm okay with oversteerieness, as I have relatively good control, but I'm annoyed by the understeer!

Last edited:
Aaronrray
I've got a TVR Cerbera speed 12... I've used it in drift, hit insane speed and had some fun... Even though I've "retired" from serious racing, I'm annoyed by the fact that this car hardly does "normal" turns well. I've had a hard time finding a good tune for it, and the car seems to have potential!

Edit: I know you have a speed 12 because of your WICKED drift tune..

I'm okay with oversteerieness, as I have relatively good control, but I'm annoyed by the understeer!

You are right I have a few speed 12's lol. I assume this is a request for me to make a race tune for it. I too find it awesome, but strange that it can't turn easy corners. Always goes really wide I find, but really strangely as it turns fine and than understeers. I'll try to make a race tune, but I would suggest try my new vantage tune on it because they are basically the same power and turning ability.

shmogt
You are right I have a few speed 12's lol. I assume this is a request for me to make a race tune for it. I too find it awesome, but strange that it can't turn easy corners. Always goes really wide I find, but really strangely as it turns fine and than understeers. I'll try to make a race tune, but I would suggest try my new vantage tune on it because they are basically the same power and turning ability.

Thank you so much

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 2000

Speed 12, understeer problem? Says who? This car has now been tuned to be an actual race car, but still keeping the beast spirit. I love it. Don't be a fool now and think you can slam on the gas and breaks whenever you feel like it and have it respond like a civic. This still has 1000hp+ at around 1000kg which is some seriously good power to weight ratio. If you drive it like any other race car I find it fairly easy to make any corner no matter the track. There is a ton of power tho so if you just slam the gas the tires will smoke for sure and you could risk going out of control. Drive like a race car driver and enjoy!

P.S. I don't recommend this car for oval tracks

Last edited:
shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69241069@N06/6426267071/
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 race by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: TVR Cerbera Speed 12 2000
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 1027HP/6900rpm
Torque: 856 ft-lb/5300rpm
Weight: 1020 kg
Miles: 115.4
Performance Points: 690

PARTS:
All parts, spoiler, supercharger, chassis reinforcement. I'm using racing soft tires. Do a engine rebuild and chassis restore if needed.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35/80
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.824
2nd: 2.716
3rd: 1.892
4th: 1.473
5th: 1.216
6th: 1.038
Final: 2.898
Top Speed: 205

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/12
Accel: xx/30
Braking: xx/49

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 16.4/14.2
Extension: 6/4
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll: 5/4
Camber: 3.2/4.5
Toe: -0.34/-0.40

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/9

TUNER COMMENTS:

Speed 12, understeer problem? Says who? This car has now been tuned to be an actual race car, but still keeping the beast spirit. I love it. Don't be a fool now and think you can slam on the gas and breaks whenever you feel like it and have it respond like a civic. This still has 1000hp+ at around 1000kg which is some seriously good power to weight ratio. If you drive it like any other race car I find it fairly easy to make any corner no matter the track. There is a ton of power tho so if you just slam the gas the tires will smoke for sure and you could risk going out of control. Drive like a race car driver and enjoy!

Thank you Soooo much!

EDIT: I tried the tune and it is WILD! It is at the level of group c cars, yet it has a fun feel to driving, this may be the only road car that is legitimately competitive (and better) against the McLaren F1! It also out accelerates anything! The tranny setting can be reset for the track, but I'm absolutely amazed and... Speechless!

Last edited:
Aaronrray
Thank you Soooo much!

EDIT: I tried the tune and it is WILD! It is at the level of group c cars, yet it has a fun feel to driving, this may be the only road car that is legitimately competitive (and better) against the McLaren F1! It also out accelerates anything! The tranny setting can be reset for the track, but I'm absolutely amazed and... Speechless!

Thanks making monster cars manageable is my specialty. The tranny I feel is good for virtually any track, but if you do change it for whatever reason make sure the gap between gear 1, 2, and 3 are really wide than tighten up the last 3. That's the only way it can accelerate without just endlessly spinning/smoking the tires.

shmogt
Thanks making monster cars manageable is my specialty. The tranny I feel is good for virtually any track, but if you do change it for whatever reason make sure the gap between gear 1, 2, and 3 are really wide than tighten up the last 3. That's the only way it can accelerate without just endlessly spinning/smoking the tires.

Ok, thanks, that REALLY helps!!

dirtbiker535
Didn't see a Mclaren f1 tune.
Could you please make one.

I might make one. For mine I'm using someone's tune and it works great, but not very good online. Try checking to see if praiano has one in his garage because he usually makes sure its good offline and online.

dirtbiker535
His tune is very good but the tune was before 1.01 or whatever which change the tranny numbers.

Usually when that happened you can put them close enough and it will still work fine. Best thing is tell him how great it was and about how it's changed since the update and most people will update it.

Ferrari Enzo '02 drag by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Ferrari Enzo 2002
Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 922HP/8900rpm
Torque: 609 ft-lb/6400rpm
Weight: 1044 kg
Miles: 1,643.2
Performance Points: 636

PARTS:
All parts including spoiler and I added Chassis Reinforcement, but its optional

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 2/10

Transmission
1st: 3.321
2nd: 2.426
3rd: 1.688
4th: 1.345
5th: 1.115
6th: 0.958
Final: 3.260
Top Speed: 199

Initial: xx/10
Accel: xx/30
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/45
Spring Rate: 15.0/6.6
Extension: 10/6
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll: 7/7
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.15/0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy (should work everywhere). The set up may look a little different from what your used to, but I'm telling you it's awesome as long as you follow the instructions perfectly. Make sure you line up straight to avoid having to really steer at all. Always launch in 2nd as there is sort of a built in time delay when it comes to the rest of the gears. After you launch I would say 90% of the time you will be losing for the first tiny bit up until you shift to the next gear since the tires smoke, which is fine. MOST IMPORTANT is you must shift to 3rd at exactly 90mph (145kph). It will be tempting to shift earlier as the other person will be far ahead, but trust me anything other than 90 will grantee you lose. Once you shift to 3rd you will find the car turns into a rocket catching up like crazy. All the other gears just shift at the red line and watch as you catch up and pass the other person. I never drag race, but was testing this out all today and beat GT-R, R8, 458, Ford GT, etc. All the top cars I was able to beat by following these instructions and like I said I never drag so I am sure after a tiny bit of practice all of you will be much better.

P.S. The pics are not mine, but the person who took them was banned so I couldn't ask permission lol
Hey how did u get 922 hp ? what was the breaking in km for premium cars? i did 447 kms on enzo and did engine rebuild. only had 874 hp :(

Nissan STAGEA 25t RS FOUR S 1998

For a station wagon this thing is sweet. It looks pretty mean and is very fast. I find it easy to drive however it is very big so getting super close to tight corners requires a little more skill. I haven't raced with it online, but i would really like to see how it stacks up against normal cars.

Last edited:

Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) 1996

So what I do sometimes is go to that main list with every ones tunes and see what has not already been done since I like to do new stuff. I see this car no one has a tune for. That's crazy to me and I had to make one. Like I expected the car is amazing and literally so much fun. It looks awesome with the stripe and little red stripes and now it drives awesome as well. You can push it real hard and have lots of fun or drive it very precise for super quick laps. I love this car even the rims are cool with the black and white outline.

Last edited:
shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69241069@N06/6522902395/
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) 1996
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 652HP/5400rpm
Torque: 608 ft-lb/5400rpm
Weight: 1246 kg
Miles: 1,292.0
Performance Points: 587

PARTS:
All parts, spoiler. I'm using racing soft tires. Do a engine rebuild and chassis restore if needed.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
1st: 2.915
2nd: 2.009
3rd: 1.469
4th: 1.191
5th: 0.956
6th: 0.768
Final: 3.260
Top Speed: 186

Initial: xx/7
Accel: xx/31
Braking: xx/16

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.0/7.8
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll: 3/4
Camber: 1.4/0.9
Toe: -0.05/0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

TUNER COMMENTS:

So what I do sometimes is go to that main list with every ones tunes and see what has not already been done since I like to do new stuff. I see this car no one has a tune for. That's crazy to me and I had to make one. Like I expected the car is amazing and literally so much fun. It looks awesome with the stripe and little red stripes and now it drives awesome as well. You can push it real hard and have lots of fun or drive it very precise for super quick laps. I love this car even the rims are cool with the black and white outline.

I love that car! It has a fun feel, with a good performance ability...

I might be missing something here but the Veyron Tune I cannot get your Gear Ratios settings no matter what I try. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th I can get but 5th will only go to 1.461, 6th to 1.167 and 7th to 0.971. I set final Gear ratio to 2.328 but it then says max speed of 283mph so I chose 236mph and it throws all the Ratios back out.

What am I doing wrong?

RenoRanes007
I might be missing something here but the Veyron Tune I cannot get your Gear Ratios settings no matter what I try. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th I can get but 5th will only go to 1.461, 6th to 1.167 and 7th to 0.971. I set final Gear ratio to 2.328 but it then says max speed of 283mph so I chose 236mph and it throws all the Ratios back out.

What am I doing wrong?

Press reset. Always set the top speed first, than the gears, than the final gear

Not really a review but still , when i saw you posted i had to give it a try :D .
Its a vette afterall that is the only reason i need :P

I tried the car briefly and i was impressed it is a very nice car to drive , not crazy but just the way a vette should handle so the occasional planned powerslide was there if i wanted . However i did decide to try it at 550pp ( yes i know the tune is for 587pp ) as well but without the spoiler seeing i do prefer the looks of the cars without , yes i understand sometimes you need it tho .
Anyways at 550 pp and no aero this is also a very nice ride . Yes is it lacking a bit hp sometimes but then again this wasn't a 550 tune so i might have to give that pp stuff a peek .

Still this is a very drivers friendly corvette wich can be easely driven for any skill class , a lot of fun with the car and again not a car you see on the starting grid a lot .

I liked it a lot 👍

Press reset. Always set the top speed first, than the gears, than the final gear

Ah nice one, cheers :D

I'll be using it properly a little later for some multi player racing but it has already bettered my previous times on some tracks by 2+ seconds and thats not even really trying. Nice one! :D

Not really a review but still , when i saw you posted i had to give it a try :D .
Its a vette afterall that is the only reason i need :P

I tried the car briefly and i was impressed it is a very nice car to drive , not crazy but just the way a vette should handle so the occasional planned powerslide was there if i wanted . However i did decide to try it at 550pp ( yes i know the tune is for 587pp ) as well but without the spoiler seeing i do prefer the looks of the cars without , yes i understand sometimes you need it tho .
Anyways at 550 pp and no aero this is also a very nice ride . Yes is it lacking a bit hp sometimes but then again this wasn't a 550 tune so i might have to give that pp stuff a peek .

Still this is a very drivers friendly corvette wich can be easely driven for any skill class , a lot of fun with the car and again not a car you see on the starting grid a lot .

I liked it a lot 👍
thanks I drove with it online today at tons of different style tracks and it was pretty sweet everywhere

Ah nice one, cheers :D

I'll be using it properly a little later for some multi player racing but it has already bettered my previous times on some tracks by 2+ seconds and thats not even really trying. Nice one! :D

Personally I feel my Veyron tune is seriously amazing, but give it a few laps before because the brakes and sheer speed take some getting used to. I also managed blistering times when not trying and shaved another 2 sec off when I seriously focused so hopefully same thing happened for you.

Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT 1995

Ok the only reason I made this car is because you can now change rims on the standard cars and I wanted to make it as close as possible to the Fast and the Furious green eclipse in the first movie. I have never driven this car before purely because i hated the rims, but now all that has changed. The car looks super cool and more importantly drives great too. Night time city courses online with other tuner cars make you actually think you are in the movie. It's really fun. Lots of power for a FF car and it handles it pretty well. Little bit of understeer here and there and a small bit of tire spin, but all that can be corrected by you knowing when to break and how hard to accelerate.

P.S. I have some really awesome pics with this car here

Last edited:
Back