The Nürburgring vs Circuito de la Sierra

The Nürburgring vs Circuito de la Sierra

• Nürburgring

Votes: 163 64.4%
  • Circuito de la Sierra

Votes: 90 35.6%

• Total voters
It is an example track from the up coming course creator function. It is a massive improvement on the created courses from GT5.
How do you know this?...
So what if to make Sierra, all PD did was drive along those roads in Zahara in Spain and the track was generated automatically? Maybe it linked up the non-road parts or maybe they walked or cycled those bits.
Using Google Earth, you see that some parts are existing layouts and some parts aren't, there must have been a lot of work there for PD.

Sierra for what its represents that PD can do.
It is an example track from the up coming course creator function. It is a massive improvement on the created courses from GT5.

Is this a fact? Where was this reported?

Nurb is easier at it has less of those sudden tight corners. Sierra is more challenging, and not only because you're sort of running it counter clockwise..

I vote for Sierra for the simple fact that I'm tired of seeing every populated room running ONLY on Nurburgring and have become bored of the track.

Well I prefer Sierra
It has a similar feel to Course Maker, the choices of corners aren't as good as the GT5's one. But lately Nurb has been too repeative,

Overall it is hard to choose between the two. Sierra's scenery is just great for my SW20, it just fits it.

I'd say I like complexity courses that people make, such as the LoTS folk. So for now I can say I vote for either or.

Is this a fact? Where was this reported?
Well, some clues leads to a CM generated track...

- Update Details (1.12) log:
In the first original long course “Circuit de La Sierra” modeled after the Ronda region of Spain...

- Main Menu of Sierra's Special Event:
Try your hand at this special event on our first ever custom-created long distance track!
W6tq4wR.jpg

Plus, the emphasis PD gave to the track (highlighted in red) on Sierra's landscape is a lil strange

just speculation, but i think Andalucia/ Zahara will be a CM theme and this 'Circuit de la Sierra' was the 'teaser' track

In the first original long course “Circuit de La Sierra” modeled after the Ronda region of Spain...

Try your hand at this special event on our first ever custom-created long distance track!
W6tq4wR.jpg

Plus, the emphasis PD gave to the track (highlighted in red) on Sierra's landscape is a lil strange

just speculation, but i think Andalucia/ Zahara will be a CM theme and this 'Circuit de la Sierra' was the 'teaser' track

Ah I see, thanks for the info fagnerpc!

W6tq4wR.jpg

That's a reeeaaaaalllllly big stretch!

W6tq4wR.jpg

Thanks @fagnerpc for your accurate evidence. I also remember, but can't prove, that PD were going to release a custom created track before releasing the track creator.
You might be right that Zahara is just a theme that they've used to create a track. With so much of it actually following real roads it made me wonder if they had used the upcoming GPS tool. They might have just got a good creator that allows you to place the track where you want it.

I still hope and believe that they are wanting to fully utilise the GPS tool to create tracks though. And I'm very pleased at that direction and idea.

Last edited:
In Nurburgring, you have just one moment of "relax'' with a 500hp car...This is scary... Circuito de la Sierra is very fast, I liked very much, but you have many moments of "relax". Nurburgring 10. Circuito de la Sierra 8.

Last edited:
Thanks @fagnerpc for your accurate evidence. I also remember, but can't prove, that PD were going to release a custom created track before releasing the track creator.
You might be right that Zahara is just a theme that they've used to create a track. With so much of it actually following real roads it made me wonder if they had used the upcoming GPS tool. They might have just got a good creator that allows you to place the track where you want it.

I still hope and believe that they are wanting to fully utilise the GPS tool to create tracks though. And I'm very pleased at that direction and idea.

It doesn't need to be a finished GPS tool for them to use it, they could just import or modify their own GPS data however they wanted, and the in-game course maker wouldn't need to be finished for them to layout the course either, so I definitely think this could be a preview of what is coming. The track certainly looks like something an upgraded course maker might be capable of, especially in the long distance shots in the replays.

Nope.

A big part of the track is based on the existing road. They obviously put racing kerbs in there and stuff like that, but the layout is based in big part on the existing road on the real location.

see the mapping zahara de la sierra thread for more info.

It roughly follows real roads for around 50% of the course, but it is not intended to replicate the real roads, if that makes sense. My own theory is that each of the green number signs represents a sector node, and the course maker just creates the route between them all.

Nurb is easier at it has less of those sudden tight corners. Sierra is more challenging, and not only because you're sort of running it counter clockwise..

I'm not so sure, Leon. It's really hard for any of us to call it, though; we've been running the 'Ring in PD's games for nearly a decade now, so familiarity plays a big part in the Nurb's "easiness". Then again, I've found Sierra quite easy so far, with not a whole lot of standout corners, but that very well could be because of the special event PD set up. It doesn't encourage all-out, completely committed racing, so maybe in that respect - comparing both circuits on a 10/10th approach - Sierra could be as difficult, or more so, than the Nordschleife.

Then again, half the challenge of the 'Ring is that the tarmac isn't super-smooth. That certainly isn't a problem on Sierra...

Well, I found those tight 2nd gear corners right after high speed straightaways problematic as I haven't nailed down the braking points yet. Nurb has none of those..

It roughly follows real roads for around 50% of the course, but it is not intended to replicate the real roads, if that makes sense. My own theory is that each of the green number signs represents a sector node, and the course maker just creates the route between them all.
Its more than 50. I would say its 75% or a bit more. I dont think the course creator has anything to do with it, I dont get why people got this idea.
What would make sense about the course creator would be a flat, plain terrain, for more simplicity.

Well, I found those tight 2nd gear corners right after high speed straightaways problematic as I haven't nailed down the braking points yet. Nurb has none of those..
Give it more than 3 days and I'm sure eventually you'll nail down these breaking points as well at which point they will no longer be problematic as is the Nurb to you today.

Give it more than 3 days and I'm sure eventually you'll nail down these breaking points as well at which point they will no longer be problematic as is the Nurb to you today.

True.. But Nurb will still be far easier to drive as it has more natural flow to it.

If you drive, with a wheel, at Sierra like a sane person (as if it was not closed) and on street tyres (c_) it will take about half an hour. For the virtual track. There are a lot of slow corners and dangerous places.

Yep, Kaz said about some custom tracks to show what the course maker could do in past interviews

“We might start off by providing tracks that we’ve made to the users first – and then the editing user interface might come a little bit after that.”

at this stage, i think the GPS tool will be simplified... probably they will hold this feature for a new GT on PS4 (could be an amazing selling point)

btw, i noticed others things about the Sierra's track:
- Length of the track: 27.000 km - only track with this precise length (odd to a 'real road' track);
- Duplicate buildings, houses (etc) along the track: various restaurants, hills with houses on a certain pattern (etc);
- Only track without preset angles on replay: just the 'free cam' is available;
- Green signs with numbers before the corners (sectors?).

and, finally, look at this post:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=130337954&postcount=7571

2 hardest tracks? I find Ascari more difficult than either of these 2. Dont know what it is but I always struggle, maybe I just need to put some more time into it.

Sierra is great, but its always going to be the Ring for me

Ascari is harder because sun dont work in Spain. I voted for ring it is better track, when novelty of Zahara goes away it will be played less then 75% tracks in gt6.

I'd say they're both probably equally difficult, although having driven on the Nurburgring for three iterations of the series I now know where all of the danger zones are, to the extent that I don't even notice them anymore, whereas in a 550PP+ car on De La Sierra I'm likely to go off-track every few laps.

True.. But Nurb will still be far easier to drive as it has more natural flow to it.
Clearly you're not the only one who thinks this way but I must remain with the group who thinks the Nurb is harder. It is tighter with a lot more bumps and from my personal experience it took me a very very long time to learn the Nurb track but I've been around the Sierra track three times now with very few offs for a new track I've never driven before with significantly more than your typical 12-14 turns (no racing line). Not even close to the frustrations I've had with the Nurb.

Good racing whereever it shall be.

Clearly you're not the only one who thinks this way but I must remain with the group who thinks the Nurb is harder. It is tighter with a lot more bumps and from my personal experience it took me a very very long time to learn the Nurb track but I've been around the Sierra track three times now with very few offs for a new track I've never driven before with significantly more than your typical 12-14 turns (no racing line). Not even close to the frustrations I've had with the Nurb.
For a PS4 game PD could make the track surface more interesting, with not perfect tarmac and maybe even a convex part. For instance the chicane after a bridge at #23 is fun at first, but the realization then comes: just a tad too smooth.

Good racing whereever it shall be.

yeah, I can't even begin to see the rationale behind the idea that Sierra is more difficult than Nurby. Sierra is mostly smooth, graceful curves and gentle elevation changes. Nurby is just full of tricky corners and danger zones...

Latest Posts

Back