Update 1.12 help!

• Thread starter gordongt
  • 100 comments
Is anyone having problems with installing the update that comes after it i.e PD's blue and grey update? Mine just isn't moving at all.

took me a long time, but what I ended up with... the new track wont't load. it freezes... I have a 250 GB drive i wish to try... we'll see.

Wow we'll I'm not gonna download the update until it works.

Problem is that you cannot know... some people are bugging at the installation, whilst some, like me bugs at loading the event. I'll upgrade by HDD tonight and reinstall the updates. may take a while, but i'll keep you posted.

Well I'm 21 hours into this format and it's nearly done... I tried everything to get this update complete I hope this works and lets me complete the install or it's off to the shops begrudgingly for a new ps3 tomorrow :irked:

IMG_0514[1].JPG

I got an error twice, Reset my modem and it went through just fine. Even if you have good connections don't run other devices with internet while it downloads, this helps out a lot

I have a game save but its not as recent as I would like it to be considering I never saw this happening and I do have a life and don't consider crazy scenario's! But thanks anyway for your blunt arrogant reply to my random bad luck 👍 don't speak to me again please I don't like your high and mighty smart ass replies... Thanks :)
Not involved here, but I fail to see how that was arrogant. Your reply is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction and FAR more arrogant and overall nasty than his.

You open your post with "Not involved here" yet all that Jibberish follows? Go troll somewhere else... this was almost a day ago and it seemed to have passed and then Mr nothingelsetodo sticks his oar in! pffft go away also please :rolleyes:

I'm done replying in here to people not even associated with this error as they updated just fine! 👎

You don't like my attitude that's tough, I don't like yours and I didn't like his so we all square and I'm out of here bye bye :)

for the sake of argument i've finished formatting the new (used) hard drive (kudos to my job) and re-downloading the updates one by one as we speak... i'm 22% in update #1 of 11... and I think the unit will run through the night to allow installation. One thing is clear the hdd i've put in is quiter than the toshiba drive it had.

May be a good sign

I don't have the option to reinstall old updates, thanks to the greatness of 156kb/s (1.2mbit/s for all of u noobs that use bits) it would probably take like 2-3 days. -_-

I don't have the option to reinstall old updates, thanks to the greatness of 156kb/s (1.2mbit/s for all of u noobs that use bits) it would probably take like 2-3 days. -_-

I'm on a 5 mbits connection... just to downloads the updates, that'll take the whole night.

Right.

I initially downloaded the 1.12 update thru the PS+ auto update and the install failed as I had to turn off to leave for work.
Came back and I got constant install errors.
I deleted all my game data and redownloaded everything overnight and it was installing when I woke up. So I left it to install as I left for work and when I got home the PS3 was off. Switched it on and went into GT6. Came up with the install screen and started to install again, got half way thru and failed. Twice.

So now I'm redownloading everything again via the automatic update. So hopefully it will have only downloaded when I get home and I can see the install all thru the evening/night.

If it fails again, I'm killing my PS3.

Does anyone have any suggestions around this or am I doing the right thing?

Right.

I initially downloaded the 1.12 update thru the PS+ auto update and the install failed as I had to turn off to leave for work.
I deleted all my game data and redownloaded everything overnight and it was installing when I woke up. So I left it to install as I left for work and when I got home the PS3 was off. Switched it on and went into GT6. Came up with the install screen and started to install again, got half way thru and failed. Twice.

So now I'm redownloading everything again via the automatic update. So hopefully it will have only downloaded when I get home and I can see the install all thru the evening/night.

If it helps, try to have some one close to the unit and move the controller once in while. I was downloading updates last night went I went to bed at 12 am GMT-4 this morning the PS/ was off... it came out that it crashed during the download of the 2nd update out of 11, and it was picking it up from there... it was already downloading patch 6/10 when i left for work this morning. I should be able to test the whole thing tonight. I still have a much more quieter hard disk that I had before.

Right.

I didn't want to post in here again tbh but this post is pretty much the exact same as my issue, after everything I done even a full 24hr format and redownloaded and installed everything again it failed at the installation part and shuts down PS3... reboot and it starts installing again and crashes after an hour or so...

I give up now and I'm off to buy a new PS3 and be done with this issue 👎 Glad to see i'm not the only one banging there head off a brick wall all because of clicking accept on a forced update :rolleyes: Sorry about your probs SVT but you are not alone :(

Cheers
Ron.

If it helps, try to have some one close to the unit and move the controller once in while. I was downloading updates last night went I went to bed at 12 am GMT-4 this morning the PS/ was off... it came out that it crashed during the download of the 2nd update out of 11, and it was picking it up from there... it was already downloading patch 6/10 when i left for work this morning. I should be able to test the whole thing tonight. I still have a much more quieter hard disk that I had before.

I've just been home this lunchtime to check the status of it. It's downloaded all the updates to 1.12 and other updates too as it normally does with the PS+ updates.

I'll set the install going tonight and report back on what happens.

I didn't want to post in here again tbh but this post is pretty much the exact same as my issue, after everything I done even a full 24hr format and redownloaded and installed everything again it failed at the installation part and shuts down PS3... reboot and it starts installing again and crashes after an hour or so...

I give up now and I'm off to buy a new PS3 and be done with this issue 👎 Glad to see i'm not the only one banging there head off a brick wall all because of clicking accept on a forced update :rolleyes: Sorry about your probs SVT but you are not alone :(

Cheers
Ron.

Glad I'm not the only one, but I wouldn't rush out to buy another PS3. Which one are you running?

I'm running a standard 320GB slim.

Hi everyone.

I haven't been on GT in ages, been deeply vested into DOTA, but I have also been having downloading issues. I am downloading about 160GB+ of data right now so I am assuming this is the issue. When this completes I will try the update again and let you know my results. Thanks. :)

I've just been home this lunchtime to check the status of it. It's downloaded all the updates to 1.12 and other updates too as it normally does with the PS+ updates.

I'll set the install going tonight and report back on what happens.

Glad I'm not the only one, but I wouldn't rush out to buy another PS3. Which one are you running?

I'm running a standard 320GB slim.

Same here mate 320GB slim, I'm all out of options after wasting 2 days already and seeing the same downloads fail on install even after PS3 reset to factory :(
Good luck with yours 👍

Mine was a 80Gb Fat until I have been given a nice shiny (used) 250 Gig to install.

I feel like a $100000... Cannot say a million bucks, because the drive is used... but hey!

Hopefully the new drive will solve that problem.

Same here mate 320GB slim, I'm all out of options after wasting 2 days already and seeing the same downloads fail on install even after PS3 reset to factory :(
Good luck with yours 👍

What I don't understand is why yours re formatted itself and mine hasn't after 2 failed installs.
I think that my initial failed install may have been because I quit the game during the main install in the game.

I'm going to leave it to install all evening and overnight then there is no excuse for it to be switched off. If it fails again, I'll wait for 1.13 or what ever the next update will be numbered and see if that fixes said issue and head back to the PS4.

Right.

You turned it off during an update? It even goes as far as specifically telling you not to turn the ps3.

You turned it off during an update? It even goes as far as specifically telling you not to turn the ps3.

Not when it was downloading the update but when it was installing the 1.12 update. I thought that it'd save the amount it already installed and then just simply carry on. IIRC GT5 Prologue's updates worked like this.

Anyway I have a plan of action for tonight and fingers crossed I'll be up and running on Sierra.

Cheers
Ron.
Considering that we are not sure what causes the update problem,I would wait before purchasing another pa3. I have another ps3 that I am going to try to install and update to 1.12 using it.

Borrowed my wife's console and put my account on it... uploaded my gamesave and everything went flawlessly 👍 mine is for the knackers yard and she now needs a new console, she is now trying to fix the issue on my old console :P Good luck with that babe x ;)

Back on the track here anyway :cheers:

Not when it was downloading the update but when it was installing the 1.12 update. I thought that it'd save the amount it already installed and then just simply carry on. IIRC GT5 Prologue's updates worked like this.

Anyway I have a plan of action for tonight and fingers crossed I'll be up and running on Sierra.
I would be surprised if something in the new update data didn't get corrupted in the instance you shut it down. You're better off shutting it down during a download than install. I would poke around more. You may have to reformat the hard drive or delete all the gt data at minimum. Save your save file to a USB.

I would be surprised if something in the new update data didn't get corrupted in the instance you shut it down. You're better off shutting it down during a download than install. I would poke around more. You may have to reformat the hard drive or delete all the gt data at minimum. Save your save file to a USB.

I've re downloaded all the game data after deleting it, I have my original saves on the HDD and uploaded to PS+ servers. I've not had to reformat the PS3 either. Tonight I will be installing it in one go, it's been redownloaded again and just needs installing.

Back