Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

Has there been a lighting change across the whole game? its now looking rather amazing every track i been on seem to have the same awesome lighting from suzuka.

the rear tail lights of the bmw m5 premium now is different (edited now got pics)
1.13.jpg

1.14.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds seem to be somewhat throttle based more than they used to. Rwd physics seem to be different, easier to drive and correct mistakes.

You are totally correct Jimmy Pop, and you are the only person i could find that seems to have noticed or even mention that the physics have definitely been altered. The physics feel really different to me since the 1.14 update went live.
Definitely easier to catch slides now and the cars feel less toy like, they feel much bigger and seem to feel like they carry more weight. Apart from you, i could find no other person who has mentioned this, either on here or any other forum. not one person on you tube has even mentioned it.

You are totally correct Jimmy Pop, and you are the only person i could find that seems to have noticed or even mention that the physics have definitely been altered. The physics feel really different to me since the 1.14 update went live.
Definitely easier to catch slides now and the cars feel less toy like, they feel much bigger and seem to feel like they carry more weight. Apart from you, i could find no other person who has mentioned this, either on here or any other forum. not one person on you tube has even mentioned it.

Now you mention it you might be right.
And I thought I was getting better :( oh well.

There is a reason it hasn't been talked about a lot and that's because there is no change in physics. We briefly discussed this in the FITT thread and polling some of the tuners and testers there, we all came to the same agreement and that is that there has not been any change to the physics in version 1.14. I have 3 cars that are tuned that I drive every day and I myself have not noticed any change in physics. Like I said, there is a reason you couldn't find anyone to agree with you, besides the two people here with one thinking you "might" be right, and that's because it didn't happen. If there was a change, more people would have been talking about it. Here is the thread if you want to discuss it further.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-14-handling-changes.319974/#post-10246318

There is a reason it hasn't been talked about a lot and that's because there is no change in physics. We briefly discussed this in the FITT thread and polling some of the tuners and testers there, we all came to the same agreement and that is that there has not been any change to the physics in version 1.14. I have 3 cars that are tuned that I drive every day and I myself have not noticed any change in physics. Like I said, there is a reason you couldn't find anyone to agree with you, besides the two people here with one thinking you "might" be right, and that's because it didn't happen. If there was a change, more people would have been talking about it. Here is the thread if you want to discuss it further.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-14-handling-changes.319974/#post-10246318

Happy days :) that means I am getting better :)

I know for a fact the cars handle differently than they did before, no way on earth could i drift the stock cars like i usually do after i got this update. I never drift any of the cars upgraded because they are horrid to drift(way to snappy). Drifting the stock cars is a dream though (right amount of torque), i could literally hold the car sideways with the throttle fully open, balancing it on max torque, then just as the car is going to snap back straight i would keep my throttle (fully open) but recentre the steering just in time to prevent it spearing off in the other direction. That is almost impossible to do with fully upgraded cars, you have to lift off right as the car is going to snap back.. Now i can not do that without having to learn the steering holding points again (they have moved) BELIEVE ME! i couldn't do the stuff i was great at before after the update was installed. I am actually stunned that only one other person has noticed the change. Its actually really obvious to me. Everyone goes on about physics yet hardly anyone noticed this. I take on bored what you say here and that you and others have decided what you all think. But on this occasion my friend, i am most definitely sticking to my guns. I know i am correct and i know Jimmy pop is correct. Its possible to catch the fully upgraded cars when they start sliding now without always having to lift off the throttle, like before. One way you could test this is to uninstall the update and try the game with a controller then reinstall the update and try it again with a controller. you will see i am correct.

They all feel the same to me.
Are you using a wheel? i am thinking most people are, so it may be more evident to a person using a controller.
For about 3 months i have driven the same tack every night perfecting my drifting on that track with about ten of my fave cars, (all stock no upgrades) and i had the balance point on the steering for these cars nailed to perfection, on the controller. NOW ITS SHOT TO HELL! Its so different i literally had to take a breath, and am now having to learn the steering balance point in my drift all over again. There is like a real sweat spot on the steering where you can drift a none upgraded car and balance it on that sweat spot, throttle fully open, then bring it back to straight without coming off the throttle. I had that nailed, now its gone, its definitely changed. They deffo tweaked the over the top tank slapper effect that was there before.
I actually joined this site to point the physics change out, and because only one other person had noticed it.

Are you using a wheel? i am thinking most people are, so it may be more evident to a person using a controller.
For about 3 months i have driven the same tack every night perfecting my drifting on that track with about ten of my fave cars, (all stock no upgrades) and i had the balance point on the steering for these cars nailed to perfection, on the controller. NOW ITS SHOT TO HELL! Its so different i literally had to take a breath, and am now having to learn the steering balance point in my drift all over again. There is like a real sweat spot on the steering where you can drift a none upgraded car and balance it on that sweat spot, throttle fully open, then bring it back to straight without coming off the throttle. I had that nailed, now its gone, its definitely changed. They deffo tweaked the over the top tank slapper effect that was there before.
I actually joined this site to point the physics change out, and because only one other person had noticed it.
DS3 over here

I can chime-in that catching slides feels easier, both in my MK.IV Supra & 300ZX, but I 'chalk' that up to using KW Suspension values in tuning now, with more experience in said cars.

Interesting bit about sounds having more 'intake' to them, still being impressed by the improvement in delivery. BTW horns can be much louder - use with caution :lol:

DS3 user who noticed a physics change.
Only use my wheel on the p,c, racing games i play. Mainly Raceroom, at the moment.
However I must add that my LFA felt different yesterday, and the BMW M4 feels tighter, but that's about it.

Tonight testing for a championship with FR classic cars some reported cars feeling a bit more slippy, a little more snappy. Sport soft tyres, anyone else experience similar with FR?

Are any of the Holdens or XR8 been updated? Does the Commodore SS with Racing exhaust still sound like a 4cylinder?

Back