Weird BUG after pit stops in ONLINE MODE!!!

• Thread starter Osr20_L
  • 217 comments
Is it possible PD were already aware of this bug before release, which is why there are no proper endurance races in GT6?

It sure isn't impossible! But they could have let us know no?!
Or they could communicate when and if they're planning on resolving it cause this is really amateuristic by PD and Kaz.

Hi all - I experienced the same bug in a race last night. Went in the pits for fresh tyres (RS) and they were a whole second slower than the tyres (RS) I started the race one.

I didn't save the replay but another racer did, and he said that after I pitted he could see my tyre wear indicator flashing between 10 and 5 for a whole lap. Dunno if that tells us anything?

I am looking in retrospect, but I remember having an experience when doing some S-class career races where after pitting things seemed funny. I shrugged it off on the weather conditions but seeing this makes me think there really was something up.

Here's my take on this bug. I was doing NASCAR testing for an endurance race at Daytona. Transmission was set to 205 mph and we're running 759 HP. I was running times of 46.6 solo. After pit stops I can't break 47 seconds solo and the handling is way off. In addition my transmission tops out just after 195. I'm hearing my tires squeal like it changed my suspension settings. I think this bug changes your transmission and suspension.

I gave up on gt6.
Over 2 months ago i paid nearly 80euros for a game which really Lets the "pro"simracers down.
Nearly no communication about it and the promise that they cant guarantee it Will get fixed.

I'm now playing race07 on pc which Costed me 12,99. Maybe if we would all leave gt6 Kaz and PD would realise something is wrong and maybe, just maybe they'd fix their 80euro game where you cant even have a normal car after pitstop.

I gave up on gt6.
Over 2 months ago i paid nearly 80euros for a game which really Lets the "pro"simracers down.
Nearly no communication about it and the promise that they cant guarantee it Will get fixed.

I'm now playing race07 on pc which Costed me 12,99. Maybe if we would all leave gt6 Kaz and PD would realise something is wrong and maybe, just maybe they'd fix their 80euro game where you cant even have a normal car after pitstop.

Sadly me too, I loved GT series for the endurance events, now we can`t even do them online.

I gave up on gt6.

I wonder what PD and Kaz's reaction would be like if they lost more than half of their fans to PC sims. To me PD feels a little arrogant and care free of what we think of their game and it really is a shame because there are so many developers now making racing games and are really putting alot of effort into bringing us a quality product. PD on the other hand seem to be annoyed with us wanting a more finished and upto todays standards for a sim. This puzzles me greatly, do they not want to make Gran Turismo anymore?

I dunno, I just feel a vibe that Kaz is just fed up of us fans! It's a real shame that they do not communicate with us like other developers do with their followers. If they did GT6 should and probably would of been ahead of their competition but that is not the case today.

I really think that if GT7 on PS4 fails to deliver it will be the end of PD, especially if pCARS on PS4 is good. Maybe by that time PD might actually give better improvements of what we have been asking for all along, although i'm not holding my breath anymore as we have been stuck with a buggy GT6 since release and no telling when it will be fixed.

This puzzles me greatly, do they not want to make Gran Turismo anymore?

It puzzles me also very much. I was thinking about this ''tyre bug'' for quite a while. I noticed the bug very early in the game as we did a endurance pre-season race on our forum in the first two weeks since release in December.

At first I wasn't bothered much, thinking PD will soon solve these ''small'' online bugs. As the updates went by and nothing happened I was getting awfully confused by the whole situation now.

First of all, surely PD is aware of the this bug. Now, we are almost 3 months since the release date and PD haven't done anything about it. I find this awfully strange. I don't know what it takes to solve these kind of bugs. But does it seriously take 3 months to fix a bug?! Also if they didn't get around it untill now, will they ever? I mean how long does it take to get it done then, six months, a year?

Another confusing thing is that PD is totaly quite about this, nothing mentioned on the GT site at all. No feedback from PD and as you mentioned they are not interested in our feedback. But why? When GT5 came out I remember PD publishing the bugs found in the game also we got a date of the update when this will be solved. Why are we not getting this news from Kaz and PD in GT6? So by now I'm thinking what the hell is going on here!

Well I got theory. I remember reading on GTP news section that soon after the release many online features will be added in the near future.

In addition to popular features such as Open Lobbies and Seasonal Events from the previous edition, this instalment will now have a variety of new community features: organise your own clubs, communicate in forums and host race events for your members.

In my opinion the game was obviously released to soon, basicly there is no online mode in this game, I would rather call it a joke! But if you read we were promised a big online update in the near future. So it's coming sooner or later. Which is good news.

So my theory is, when we get this online mode update all issues and bugs will be sorted. Why don't PD at least sort the tyre bug already in this version of online mode I can't figure out. Maybe they don't want to bother with bugs in this version, my guess is they must be fully concentrating to get us the online features they promised sometime ago. It looks PD totaly gave up on the current online version which is good becouse you cant fix a joke gone bad.

Anyway this post is getting way to long. I know most of you don't even bother with this game anymore but be patient racers, good times are coming becouse it can't get worse tbh. The update is coming and I'm sure we'll all have a blast racing in online mode with many more options and features than we had in GT5. I just hope this happens as soon as possible becouse people are loosing interest in a hurry. This might actually be their last chance to keep the franchise alive.

See ya around 👍

Last edited:
Yes this defiantly is a problem I regularly run 30 lap races and the second set of tyres burn much faster, I do one make races so this is not a setup issue.

I usually make a compulsory tyre type change and regardless of the compound chosen the rear tyres will degrade significantly faster than the fronts even if on the first tyre the fronts are burning faster .

I really hope this is fixed as it makes tyre strategy pointless.

Was doing a 10 lapper at Monza in an Enzo on race medium tires. The 1st stint the front left wore out the most but on the 2nd stint the left rear wore out the most.

Another weird thing is that my top speed or acceleration significantly increased during the 2nd stint. During the 1st stint I never hit the rev limit but during the 2nd stint it was hitting it on every lap at the end of the pit straight.

That's not it. I've had this bug happen once or twice. It's rare though it does happen.

Sander001: From my experiences racing with friends, this issue only seems to happen to racers using a CONTROLLER (sticks, DS3), as opposed to a wheel, in races preceded by a QUALIFIER. I've tested this theory on both my wheel (Driving Force GT) and my controller and found this to be my best explanation.

As for the tire wear issue:
Tires wear normally before a pit stop. After the pit, depending on the drivetrain (FF, FR, MR, RR, 4WD), tire wear seems to reverse from front to rear EXCEPT on FF cars, where the front tires wear much more quickly after a pit stop.

Pit lag: Happens on all tracks with a pit lane. This was an issue in GT5 also if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong). However, it seems to be much much worse in GT6 as stated above and in other threads.

A note: It irks me so that PD has spent their time updating car interiors, paint colors, and other seemingly useless things that don't quite improve gameplay. They are sure to have some sort of awareness to the offline/online bugs and issues we all face while playing the game. Instead of releasing a second Mercedes Benz VGT they should have been fixing the bugs that actually effect us. I mean, the last "hot fix" update was nearly a month ago (1/31/13 i believe)! We really need some sort of open line of communication with PD in order to constructively express our opinions, inform them of bugs and glitches, and "help them help us" as the saying goes. As with any online play in any game, I am fully aware that there must be a beta test period to work out issues. The only way to do it with GT6 is to make it live and fix it on the go. PD should let us help them make the necessary improvements to the game by simply giving us the ability to report any bugs we may find.

[quote="Wheaties_33, post: 9402482, member: 255430"
A note: It irks me so that PD has spent their time updating car interiors, paint colors, and other seemingly useless things that don't quite improve gameplay. They are sure to have some sort of awareness to the offline/online bugs and issues we all face while playing the game. Instead of releasing a second Mercedes Benz VGT they should have been fixing the bugs that actually effect us. I mean, the last "hot fix" update was nearly a month ago (1/31/13 i believe)! We really need some sort of open line of communication with PD in order to constructively express our opinions, inform them of bugs and glitches, and "help them help us" as the saying goes. As with any online play in any game, I am fully aware that there must be a beta test period to work out issues. The only way to do it with GT6 is to make it live and fix it on the go. PD should let us help them make the necessary improvements to the game by simply giving us the ability to report any bugs we may find.[/quote]

The reason PD has been spending their time that way is because in GT5 plenty of people complained about the lack of "premium" cars. I agree that gameplay is much more important.

In GT5 I remember PD being the developer that actually took care of it's games. Most developer's release one or two patches and that's it. (Not including DLC expansions.) I love the additional content that GT6 has, but I don't understand why it has issues that GT5 didn't. Must be something to do with the new engine.

My fix for the transmission if I'm going to do an endurance race is to adjust test the transmission's gearing under the pit road bug. There doesn't seem to be a good fix for the tire wear. You can't do nearly as many laps under the pit road bug because it destroys your tires. This can double or even triple the number of times you need to stop (depending on the cars and track) on pretty much any any track except an oval.

Me and some friends find out that some cars actually does not answer the pit bug (in other words: immune to it). Some FF cars doesnt get it with any tires (like Scirocco GT24), and some dont get the bug with Sports: Soft, Sports: Medium, Sports: Hard tires (Subaru Impreza TC, Lancer Evolution X Rally car - GT5´s Lancer TC, Subaru BRZ GT300). Some others answered, even being FF (GT5s Civic 97 RM). Anyone had noticed this?

Me and some friends find out that some cars actually does not answer the pit bug (in other words: immune to it). Some FF cars doesnt get it with any tires (like Scirocco GT24), and some dont get the bug with Sports: Soft, Sports: Medium, Sports: Hard tires (Subaru Impreza TC, Lancer Evolution X Rally car - GT5´s Lancer TC, Subaru BRZ GT300). Some others answered, even being FF (GT5s Civic 97 RM). Anyone had noticed this?
It has always been with RACING TIRES only in my testing. It also doesn't matter if FR or MR or FF.
If it happens with non-race tires at all, it is just about unmeasurable.

I think PD are completely useless not to fix this game breaking bug. Completely useless to me if they do not fix it.

I am currently racing in a series using the BRZ GT300 base and it definatly is effected by the tyre bug !

Do your racing series uses Racing Tires? I raced the BRZ GT300 about 2 weeks ago, with Sports: Soft, at Brands Hacth and none of the racers noticed anything different after the pits, including their timing. However, as I said, it appeared that the BRZ GT300 only got rid of the bug with Sports: Soft, with racing tires its different.

BWX
It has always been with RACING TIRES only in my testing. It also doesn't matter if FR or MR or FF.
If it happens with non-race tires at all, it is just about unmeasurable.

I think PD are completely useless not to fix this game breaking bug. Completely useless to me if they do not fix it.

Did you tried the Scirocco GT24?
I tested only 6 cars (Honda S2000 LM Race Car//Spoon S200 LM Race Car and Civic RM 97 were fails) and it looks like the scirocco dont get the bug. I had a race with it on Mount Panorama on the middle of January (with Racing Hards tires)and we didnt noticed anything bugged after the pits. The car had keep its behavior.

@Vendrah, try without ABS (or any helps) and high values on brake bias, then you'll see problem on FF cars too, and maybe you notice it on tires below racing.

The gap in laptimes just isn't as significant as it is with racing tires.
With my gt300-cars i tested several months ago and the gap per lap was average 2 seconds with racing normal and average 0.7 second with sports soft tires after making a pitstop.

Then there still is tirewear and carhandling, where again the change isn't as huge as with racing tires but its still there. And it still shifts from front to rear or other places where it doesnt belong. Lol

Although i'm enjoying an other game now i'm afraid this wont get fixed... It would have been if they could i guess...

I can confirm that this is only happening with racing tyres. All races with pitstops on sports tyres were ok.
It's taking a painfully long time to fix this bug though pah....

I can confirm that this is only happening with racing tyres. All races with pitstops on sports tyres were ok.

Sorry but you're wrong. Take a ride in a SuperGT300 car on sport normal tires. Do about 6 Laps.. Then fill your thank and new sport normal tires and do 6 Laps again.
You'll notice that you wont have the Same grip u had before the stop. Your laptimes Will be slower and tire wear/car handling will be different.

And there is no question about this. I have ran more than 3000km on fuji gt with my gt300 so i notice a difference when there is one :)

Maybe the change isn't as big with road cars due to les downforce.

Last edited:
Sorry but you're wrong. Take a ride in a SuperGT300 car on sport normal tires. Do about 6 Laps.. Then fill your thank and new sport normal tires and do 6 Laps again.
You'll notice that you wont have the Same grip u had before the stop. Your laptimes Will be slower and tire wear/car handling will be different.

And there is no question about this. I have ran more than 3000km on fuji gt with my gt300 so i notice a difference when there is one :)

Maybe the change isn't as big with road cars due to les downforce.
Fair enough, i haven't tested much out but did only notice it with racing tyres. So it is across the board then?
Why is it taking Soooo long to fix?! Ah

No one knows why they are taking so long and some doubt it will ever be fixed.

The only GT300 car I tested was the Subaru BRZ GT300, with sports tire, and as I noticed the bug didnt happen to it.

. So it is across the board then?
Why is it taking Soooo long to fix?! Ah

As far as i know it applies to all cars. The consequences of it are different though (so it might seem on some cars and combinations it is not there) and depend from car to car.
U should read some info on this thread and some things will become clear.
The higher the tirerank (racesoft for example) the bigger the difference i find as well.

Why it is taking so long? I think its a huge error in the game which cannot be (easily) fixed. I base my thoughts upon info i've read in another thread where a former gamedeveloper states this. As much as i find this sad, i'm afraid this might turn to be true.

I think you better post this on the official playstation forum, the GT site links you to it so who knows PD might actually look there once in a while if they feel like bothering for customer feedback for a change (who knows they might get bored and all :rolleyes:)... My hunch is that they are not even aware of it yet.

I think you better post this on the official playstation forum, the GT site links you to it so who knows PD might actually look there once in a while if they feel like bothering for customer feedback for a change (who knows they might get bored and all :rolleyes:)... My hunch is that they are not even aware of it yet.

Lol, customer service aint there thing as we can all feel lately..
I've contacted the moderator of that official forum already waaaay back in januari to report this. I even offered to make a full report cause i've done some intense testing on this topic with different gt300-cars and different tireranks for the competition i was organizing.

He thanked me to make them aware and would let me know if something was done.
Now its march and still no news.. So they are definitely aware.

so they add a feature that allows you to save a ghost of a real lap so we can race against it on GT6 but the tyre model they have in the game is broken. thats taking realism to a new level isn't it ? WTF is wrong with PD, they have a fundamental flaw in there tyre physics which they neglect to fix yet they include a feature that enables you to have a forced compound change in a race but the compound doesn't perform consistently enough to use it...... EPIC FAIL !!!!

Back