Weird BUG after pit stops in ONLINE MODE!!!

• Thread starter Osr20_L
  • 217 comments
Here is my take on this issue, I will appreciate all insights.

It is a lengthy read, but I guess it was need to explain my subjective reasoning.

After commencing a small investigation with one of my friends, reading various subjective explanations of this issue and thinking of ways game actually works, I today believe that particular problem (tyre/fuel issue) is interconnected with sub-engine-mechanic of PP calculations and (maybe) RAM Overhead.

First thing I "discovered" is how my own personal experience is not drastic as many reported ones. I never had drastic changes in tyre-wear nor drastic changes in fuel depletion in races I've used for my testing (Willow Springs, Suzuka Wet and Silverstone endurances in S class) as other reports. However, I discovered why: I always run no-ABS with custom brake-bias and I always take into consideration the sub-mechanic that depletes the fuel faster in higher-revs and during splistream (as it is since GT5).

I observed some replays of my friends and discovered they always run the race in almost 100% of grip/cornering abilities/braking/revs of the car. Also, they were all doing the same thing after the first pit-entry (in the second stint): they would speed up their pace drastically, go into overtakes aggressively, etc, in order to sub-consciously (I presume) compensate for time lost in the pits.

I did most of my testings on Suzuka Wet race, using the same car all the time - NSX GT500 LM Base Model. Since wet-sequence was always the same (rain starts falling in lap 2, ends in lap 8) I could run very consistent laps throughout my testings (which led to similar conclusions on Silverstone race). After the first 5 laps - before entering the pits - I had tyre-wear around 7(F)-6(R) and something below half tank depleted. After the race end (lap 10) I had 6(F)-5(R) tyres for the second stint with fuel around the same 10% difference more-less. So, I had to agree that difference is there and it exists, but it was not drastic as many were reporting and I would probably never realize it even exist if it was not reported.

So, I start to observe why is my experience a bit different and what could be the reasons for obvious difference in wear/depletion (and laptimes, which I will tackle soon).

First I discovered the aforementioned difference in tyre-wear when using ABS-off. I had pretty much balanced wear throughout the race, unlike other reports. I realized how the ABS is the main culprit for that, because of the default brake-balance that game have for ABS and which noone probably even bothers to adjust. As we are all aware, game uses default BB of 5-5 for all cars and it actually becomes a significant issue when running an race with tyre wear with ABS ON because of two problems:

1) Default 5-5 balance is not the accurate balance of mass-shifting that corresponds with suspensions and individual characteristics of any vehicle - as I preach since GT5, the BB for every car should be adjusted accordingly and individually, either you use ABS or not (but it becomes a prerogative if ABS is not used), and
2) default 5-5 balance with ABS-on does not "override" the proper balance values and becomes a menace once the tire-wear comes in the picture because it actually wears the tires - especially the rear ones - much more than it should

With my NSX I used 6-1 balance (the one I usually use for Race compound for MR/FR vehicles below 1400kg of curb weight) and I had the above results in wear (7-6 after the first pit, 6-5 when the race ended).

*** for those unfamiliar with my personal "non-ABS crusade" for GT games it is worth noticing how "ABS" in Gran Turismo games IS NOT SIMULATING real-life ABS effect nor it has any connection with it. ABS in Gran Turismo is just a braking assist that not only prevents the brakes from locking (in a totally artificial way compared to real-life ABS), but it also influences on traction and stability properties, despite player have other assists deactivated. But nevermind that now.

Second, I noticed how almost noone (of other replays I watched and reports I read on GTP) takes into account the very ancient property of tyres in the GT series (since GT3), where fresh set of tires is actually cold immediately when you get out of the pits. The actual first lap on fresh tyres becomes a crucial for their later "development" during the race, because damaging the tyres in cold-state have serious repercussions on their wear in later stages. Because they are cold, fresh tires don't have a strong lateral grip as heated tires and you have to be careful not to take much lateral forcing into red-zone because they will wear unevenly and much faster later. The key "issue" here is how all races in GT start from the rolling-start and with tires already "heated" for the race - so many players are used to drive on 100% of potential from the start, despite of the stint. However, it is very damaging to run cold tyres in the same way as pre-heated and I see a second reason for greater wear of tires in the second stint because of that. But that issue couldn't affect the wear so significantly (either in my or others experiences), so there have to be some other thing on top of everything.

And third, as I said before, I discovered how the difference in my fuel depletion is also not drastic as other reports, but how it definitely exist. As aforementioned, by observing other people replays I discovered I actually run races much more calmly and conservatively, without going into the red areas of revs and with early shifting. I have to notion another race-related "issue" that appeared, and that is how after the pitting I run into much more traffic than in the first stint because of the position of the AI cars and their pit-sequences and I was getting into the slipstream more often, which also results with much higher revs and faster depletion.

So, I highlighted three reasons: brake balance/ABS, tyre heat state usage and actual usage of the power (engine) related to fuel consumption. All of those could partially answer the reasoning for the change of depletion/wear among stints, but even together they couldn't make the difference so drastic.

But, there was another serious thing besides actual depletion/wear: the lap-times in second stint were always slower then in the first stint. No matter how hard you try, you simply can't drive times in the second stint close to those in the first. All factors above also couldn't influence that by themselves by no logic. But there had to be a logic for all that. So, what is the fourth factor - and IMO most important issue?

It is actual PP sub-calculation engine or, as I call it, "inability of game to determine the starting PP values for the cars in pre-pit and after-pit state". So, what the hell does that even mean?

By observing the times on Suzuka Wet race I noticed the strange pattern: When my first lap time (on pre-heated tyres) and full tank was 2:04/2:05, my 4th lap (prior to pit entry) was 2:01. But after I went out of pits, my first fast lap (6th lap) was 2:09 and my last lap would actually be around 2:05, 2:04 in the best occurrence. And then all puzzles begun to fit.

My personal belief is game simply can't override two different states when entering/exiting the pits:

>>A) first pit entry "state", where car weight is its default PP weight (the one displayed in Dealership) + fuel weight and minus fuel used during the first stint, and
>>B) pit exit "state", AKA the moment when the cars start to accept additional fuel in the pits and continuing the race with new tires and "newly added" fuel

I believe that car in the "first state" have its Dealership weight with the added weight of the fuel already INCLUDED in the overall weight - and that game ALWAYS uses that weight, with or without fuel depletion enabled, in the races as cars starting weight (in all game modes). What I am basically saying is that cars in the game have additional weight of the fuel included all the time during the race as their TRUE START WEIGHT VALUE. So, during the first stint, the depletion sub-mechanic is simply lowering the weight of the car accordingly to consumption form that "TSWV". For the sake of the numbers, let's say that the car has a Dealership weight of 1200kg+200kg of fuel = TSWV of 1400 kg. After the first stint, I am entering the pits with 3/5 of the fuel consumed, so my car actually has approx. 1280 kg (>>A). Because of the lowered weight I managed to run faster laps as fuel depleted (and it was always lap #3 or sometimes #4 because of the combination of lower weight and fastest state of tyres and maybe some slipstreaming).

And then comes my "pit exit state" (>>B). I believe that game simply can't - does not have RAM on disposal for that for all cars in the race - to calculate the new weight accordingly to state of depletion (1280 kg in my example). I presume game simply "reads" the first lap starting value in full (aforementioned "True Start Weight Value" of 1400 kg) and lumps extra fuel on that number as addition = resulting with car that have more weight than on the very start of the race. In my example-calculation, when exiting the pits after the first stint, car have all added fuel added on TSWV weight, so if I decided to go with 50 litres (100 kilograms of weight for example), instead of having 1380 kg when leaving pits, car actually have 1500 kg - 100 kg more than it had on the very start of the race.

When I put that idea into aforementioned 3 reasons for occurrence of increased tire-wear/fuel depletion that are - in my opinion - simply result of way people actually drive the race, it became only logical explanation of the overall issue.

It can explain why is the actual fastest lap in the 2nd stint - the last lap of the race - almost the same as the first lap of the race = only in that moment car have the same weight (using the additional fuel added on TSWV value in the pits brings the weight down to initial TSWV value, but never close to weight car have when entering the pits for the first time)

It can explain why are my tyres more worn in the 2nd stint = during the second stint car is almost 10% heavier than in the 1st stint - due to fuel being added on the "TSWV" value - which results with more mass being pushed on suspensions and increases the wear (more weight-more wear)

So, to conclude, I think there are two groups of factors: individual (where the combination of ABS and the actual way the car is driven by the player influences difference in wear between stints) and the problem with calculation explained above, which is purely issue of the game.

All above is my subjective and personal belief.

I guess it could be corrected if PD would find a way to allocate RAM to keep the real-time weight-data (Dealership weight + remaining fuel) prior the fuel has been added in the pits, but I have no idea how actually RAM-taxing could that be.

Why do I personally think it is connected with RAM?

There has to be a reason why the issue is happening, if my reasoning is correct - and "error" is not an explanation, because if it was simply an "error" in real-time formula, those 3 lines of code would get corrected in the first update. But they are not. And I tried to understand why.

All I can think of is RAM allocation, because engine itself can do a real-time calculations for everything else in the background: tyre wear for all cars, fuel depletion, AI routines, pit routines, weather routines, skidmarks..

But this actual thing - determination of actual weight on the pit-entry, followed by weight change during refueling and weight after refueling - is the only real-time variable in the whole "race procedure" that gets changed in the mid-time with actual 2 variables that needs to be inter-dependant and that have no FINITE value (the word "finite" is the key to understand my point):

A) Weight of the car at the moment of the pit-entry (Dealership weight + weight of remaining fuel) and,
B) The weight of the car after the fuel is added (Dealership weight + weight of the remaining fuel + weight of the added fuel)

Both variables are "infinite" - they can be whatever value possible, simply because you can use as much fuel as you like prior to entry to the pits and you can refill the tank with any value you like.

On the contrary, when changing the tires, there is actually only 1 "infinite" value:
A) The level of wear when the car gets to the pits

Once the tires are changed, they are back to "finite" value, as "Brand new" - and game "knows" where to "start" - B is FINITE (same as repairing the damage for instance, where the repaired damage is always a finite value).

With fuel, both A and B are "infinite" value and game has to "determine" where to "start" once the B variable (refueling on top of the existing weight and remaining fuel) "begins". My presumption is how the game actually simply uses the only FINITE value it can have, and that is the weight value for the very start of the race - which I call "TRUE START WEIGHT VALUE" in my first post.

And that is why I think it is RAM issue, because there is not other explanation. In order to get proper weight-change for all 16 cars in the field once they pit, the game would have to calculate 2 "infinite" values all the time for all 16 cars and track them accordingly and act accordingly once the new fuel is added. And somehow I think it is not really that simple to execute with all other real-time things going on in the race.

I somehow think that one "wild" variable - such as the fuel one I've described - becomes RAM problematic because it is the only of all above that have two "infinite" states during its "revolving".

However, I might be absolutely wrong.

Very interesting @amar212 ! Regarding the TRUE START WEIGHT VALUE, and that cars (when driven without tire wear) weigh the same as the cars - when driving with tire wear does at the start of the race. I just recall that being different in GT5 - where I thought the cars would be slower in the first laps (when driving with wear) than they were without, but that should be quite easy to test I guess.

Also, since 1 liter of petrol weighs around 0.711kg (in real life) I don't quite think the difference in weight is that big (though I still think the effect might be there, and messing with the fuel depletion and tire wear), as the a full tank of fuel (which is 100 liters in GT6 right?) shouldn't weigh 200 kg, but more like 71-75 kg.

Together with the three other reasons you have mentioned, it does seem like a reasonable reason for the difference in lap times though 👍

Here is my take on this issue, I will appreciate all insights.

It is a lengthy read, but I guess it was need to explain my subjective reasoning.

After commencing a small investigation with one of my friends, reading various subjective explanations of this issue and thinking of ways game actually works, I today believe that particular problem (tyre/fuel issue) is interconnected with sub-engine-mechanic of PP calculations and (maybe) RAM Overhead.

First thing I "discovered" is how my own personal experience is not drastic as many reported ones. I never had drastic changes in tyre-wear nor drastic changes in fuel depletion in races I've used for my testing (Willow Springs, Suzuka Wet and Silverstone endurances in S class) as other reports. However, I discovered why: I always run no-ABS with custom brake-bias and I always take into consideration the sub-mechanic that depletes the fuel faster in higher-revs and during splistream (as it is since GT5).

I observed some replays of my friends and discovered they always run the race in almost 100% of grip/cornering abilities/braking/revs of the car. Also, they were all doing the same thing after the first pit-entry (in the second stint): they would speed up their pace drastically, go into overtakes aggressively, etc, in order to sub-consciously (I presume) compensate for time lost in the pits.

I did most of my testings on Suzuka Wet race, using the same car all the time - NSX GT500 LM Base Model. Since wet-sequence was always the same (rain starts falling in lap 2, ends in lap 8) I could run very consistent laps throughout my testings (which led to similar conclusions on Silverstone race). After the first 5 laps - before entering the pits - I had tyre-wear around 7(F)-6(R) and something below half tank depleted. After the race end (lap 10) I had 6(F)-5(R) tyres for the second stint with fuel around the same 10% difference more-less. So, I had to agree that difference is there and it exists, but it was not drastic as many were reporting and I would probably never realize it even exist if it was not reported.

So, I start to observe why is my experience a bit different and what could be the reasons for obvious difference in wear/depletion (and laptimes, which I will tackle soon).

First I discovered the aforementioned difference in tyre-wear when using ABS-off. I had pretty much balanced wear throughout the race, unlike other reports. I realized how the ABS is the main culprit for that, because of the default brake-balance that game have for ABS and which noone probably even bothers to adjust. As we are all aware, game uses default BB of 5-5 for all cars and it actually becomes a significant issue when running an race with tyre wear with ABS ON because of two problems:

1) Default 5-5 balance is not the accurate balance of mass-shifting that corresponds with suspensions and individual characteristics of any vehicle - as I preach since GT5, the BB for every car should be adjusted accordingly and individually, either you use ABS or not (but it becomes a prerogative if ABS is not used), and
2) default 5-5 balance with ABS-on does not "override" the proper balance values and becomes a menace once the tire-wear comes in the picture because it actually wears the tires - especially the rear ones - much more than it should

With my NSX I used 6-1 balance (the one I usually use for Race compound for MR/FR vehicles below 1400kg of curb weight) and I had the above results in wear (7-6 after the first pit, 6-5 when the race ended).

*** for those unfamiliar with my personal "non-ABS crusade" for GT games it is worth noticing how "ABS" in Gran Turismo games IS NOT SIMULATING real-life ABS effect nor it has any connection with it. ABS in Gran Turismo is just a braking assist that not only prevents the brakes from locking (in a totally artificial way compared to real-life ABS), but it also influences on traction and stability properties, despite player have other assists deactivated. But nevermind that now.

Second, I noticed how almost noone (of other replays I watched and reports I read on GTP) takes into account the very ancient property of tyres in the GT series (since GT3), where fresh set of tires is actually cold immediately when you get out of the pits. The actual first lap on fresh tyres becomes a crucial for their later "development" during the race, because damaging the tyres in cold-state have serious repercussions on their wear in later stages. Because they are cold, fresh tires don't have a strong lateral grip as heated tires and you have to be careful not to take much lateral forcing into red-zone because they will wear unevenly and much faster later. The key "issue" here is how all races in GT start from the rolling-start and with tires already "heated" for the race - so many players are used to drive on 100% of potential from the start, despite of the stint. However, it is very damaging to run cold tyres in the same way as pre-heated and I see a second reason for greater wear of tires in the second stint because of that. But that issue couldn't affect the wear so significantly (either in my or others experiences), so there have to be some other thing on top of everything.

And third, as I said before, I discovered how the difference in my fuel depletion is also not drastic as other reports, but how it definitely exist. As aforementioned, by observing other people replays I discovered I actually run races much more calmly and conservatively, without going into the red areas of revs and with early shifting. I have to notion another race-related "issue" that appeared, and that is how after the pitting I run into much more traffic than in the first stint because of the position of the AI cars and their pit-sequences and I was getting into the slipstream more often, which also results with much higher revs and faster depletion.

So, I highlighted three reasons: brake balance/ABS, tyre heat state usage and actual usage of the power (engine) related to fuel consumption. All of those could partially answer the reasoning for the change of depletion/wear among stints, but even together they couldn't make the difference so drastic.

But, there was another serious thing besides actual depletion/wear: the lap-times in second stint were always slower then in the first stint. No matter how hard you try, you simply can't drive times in the second stint close to those in the first. All factors above also couldn't influence that by themselves by no logic. But there had to be a logic for all that. So, what is the fourth factor - and IMO most important issue?

It is actual PP sub-calculation engine or, as I call it, "inability of game to determine the starting PP values for the cars in pre-pit and after-pit state". So, what the hell does that even mean?

By observing the times on Suzuka Wet race I noticed the strange pattern: When my first lap time (on pre-heated tyres) and full tank was 2:04/2:05, my 4th lap (prior to pit entry) was 2:01. But after I went out of pits, my first fast lap (6th lap) was 2:09 and my last lap would actually be around 2:05, 2:04 in the best occurrence. And then all puzzles begun to fit.

My personal belief is game simply can't override two different states when entering/exiting the pits:

>>A) first pit entry "state", where car weight is its default PP weight (the one displayed in Dealership) + fuel weight and minus fuel used during the first stint, and
>>B) pit exit "state", AKA the moment when the cars start to accept additional fuel in the pits and continuing the race with new tires and "newly added" fuel

I believe that car in the "first state" have its Dealership weight with the added weight of the fuel already INCLUDED in the overall weight - and that game ALWAYS uses that weight, with or without fuel depletion enabled, in the races as cars starting weight (in all game modes). What I am basically saying is that cars in the game have additional weight of the fuel included all the time during the race as their TRUE START WEIGHT VALUE. So, during the first stint, the depletion sub-mechanic is simply lowering the weight of the car accordingly to consumption form that "TSWV". For the sake of the numbers, let's say that the car has a Dealership weight of 1200kg+200kg of fuel = TSWV of 1400 kg. After the first stint, I am entering the pits with 3/5 of the fuel consumed, so my car actually has approx. 1280 kg (>>A). Because of the lowered weight I managed to run faster laps as fuel depleted (and it was always lap #3 or sometimes #4 because of the combination of lower weight and fastest state of tyres and maybe some slipstreaming).

And then comes my "pit exit state" (>>B). I believe that game simply can't - does not have RAM on disposal for that for all cars in the race - to calculate the new weight accordingly to state of depletion (1280 kg in my example). I presume game simply "reads" the first lap starting value in full (aforementioned "True Start Weight Value" of 1400 kg) and lumps extra fuel on that number as addition = resulting with car that have more weight than on the very start of the race. In my example-calculation, when exiting the pits after the first stint, car have all added fuel added on TSWV weight, so if I decided to go with 50 litres (100 kilograms of weight for example), instead of having 1380 kg when leaving pits, car actually have 1500 kg - 100 kg more than it had on the very start of the race.

When I put that idea into aforementioned 3 reasons for occurrence of increased tire-wear/fuel depletion that are - in my opinion - simply result of way people actually drive the race, it became only logical explanation of the overall issue.

It can explain why is the actual fastest lap in the 2nd stint - the last lap of the race - almost the same as the first lap of the race = only in that moment car have the same weight (using the additional fuel added on TSWV value in the pits brings the weight down to initial TSWV value, but never close to weight car have when entering the pits for the first time)

It can explain why are my tyres more worn in the 2nd stint = during the second stint car is almost 10% heavier than in the 1st stint - due to fuel being added on the "TSWV" value - which results with more mass being pushed on suspensions and increases the wear (more weight-more wear)

So, to conclude, I think there are two groups of factors: individual (where the combination of ABS and the actual way the car is driven by the player influences difference in wear between stints) and the problem with calculation explained above, which is purely issue of the game.

All above is my subjective and personal belief.

I guess it could be corrected if PD would find a way to allocate RAM to keep the real-time weight-data (Dealership weight + remaining fuel) prior the fuel has been added in the pits, but I have no idea how actually RAM-taxing could that be.

Why do I personally think it is connected with RAM?

There has to be a reason why the issue is happening, if my reasoning is correct - and "error" is not an explanation, because if it was simply an "error" in real-time formula, those 3 lines of code would get corrected in the first update. But they are not. And I tried to understand why.

All I can think of is RAM allocation, because engine itself can do a real-time calculations for everything else in the background: tyre wear for all cars, fuel depletion, AI routines, pit routines, weather routines, skidmarks..

But this actual thing - determination of actual weight on the pit-entry, followed by weight change during refueling and weight after refueling - is the only real-time variable in the whole "race procedure" that gets changed in the mid-time with actual 2 variables that needs to be inter-dependant and that have no FINITE value (the word "finite" is the key to understand my point):

A) Weight of the car at the moment of the pit-entry (Dealership weight + weight of remaining fuel) and,
B) The weight of the car after the fuel is added (Dealership weight + weight of the remaining fuel + weight of the added fuel)

Both variables are "infinite" - they can be whatever value possible, simply because you can use as much fuel as you like prior to entry to the pits and you can refill the tank with any value you like.

On the contrary, when changing the tires, there is actually only 1 "infinite" value:
A) The level of wear when the car gets to the pits

Once the tires are changed, they are back to "finite" value, as "Brand new" - and game "knows" where to "start" - B is FINITE (same as repairing the damage for instance, where the repaired damage is always a finite value).

With fuel, both A and B are "infinite" value and game has to "determine" where to "start" once the B variable (refueling on top of the existing weight and remaining fuel) "begins". My presumption is how the game actually simply uses the only FINITE value it can have, and that is the weight value for the very start of the race - which I call "TRUE START WEIGHT VALUE" in my first post.

And that is why I think it is RAM issue, because there is not other explanation. In order to get proper weight-change for all 16 cars in the field once they pit, the game would have to calculate 2 "infinite" values all the time for all 16 cars and track them accordingly and act accordingly once the new fuel is added. And somehow I think it is not really that simple to execute with all other real-time things going on in the race.

I somehow think that one "wild" variable - such as the fuel one I've described - becomes RAM problematic because it is the only of all above that have two "infinite" states during its "revolving".

However, I might be absolutely wrong.

Imho RAM is not an issue, as most of the things are dynamic and not static, even performance calculations. When tyres go off, engine must recalculate performance (PP), and it does that dynamically. So it should be able to recalculate performance after the pitstop as well.

And I think that's just a bug, nothing else. But knowing how PD doesn't fix even very obvious bugs, there's no surprise that this bug is still in the game.

I could be horribly wrong, but car's weight values, stored on RAM, will take the same amount of memory all the time. The actual value of them don't matter.

If the amount of RAM that are taken is the same all the time, this RAM allocation problem could'nt explain the issue.
The formula that leads to these values must be wrong.

I did most of my testings on Suzuka Wet race
That would be a problem in terms of this issue as 1: tire wear is different when the track is wet and 2: the problem is much more of an issue online.

I ran a Nascar on Daytona with RS tires 8 laps on first set of tires front tires wore quicker than rear had to pit for fuel, tires could have did 2 more laps. After pitting tires wore much faster, rear wore faster than front, lap times were slower. i.e. Fastest lap on second set of tires was slower than worst lap on first set of tires and rear tires were toast after just 4 laps.

I have also ran the S class events many times and the second set of tires wears faster than the first unless it starts raining then when the track is good and wet they don't seem to wear at all. The issues with the second set are much more pronounced online.

I have tested this extensively and have found a few problems with the weight theory,
If you pit on your first lap and put no fuel in, your times will drop by the same margine as when you pit with low fuel load and don't add fuel or fill from empty. Any of these scenarios results in the same difference in lap time.
Tyres are now pre warmed at the start of the race and when leaving the pits so cold scrubbing of tyres isn't really possible. Another thing to note is that the top speed of cars on pit glitch tyre is noticeably slower.
I race in a league ( raceonoz ) and our Sunday league race is on average 45min, we have run many seasons in GT5 with pit stops a staple in the series. We have many members that are aware of this issue over varying ability and the consensus is that the tyres after pitting are upto 2.5 sec slower per lap.

If this really is a weight calculation issue then IMO I would scrap the whole fuel weight calculation to allow for a consistent tyre model. IMO it is more important to have a consistent tyre model than to worry about a dynamic fuel weight inclusion which tbh would have very little impact on the overall racing experience compared to the impact it has on tyre wear/ fuel consumption and lap times .

If you pit on your first lap and put no fuel in, your times will drop by the same margine as when you pit with low fuel load and don't add fuel or fill from empty. Any of these scenarios results in the same difference in lap time.

Hm, I have to admit, I didn't try that. Well, if that is correct, forget about my theory - it is something else. PD should really try to correct it ASAP, that one and judder in online when someone's pitting is preventing me and my friends to do any pit-online races.

Hm, I have to admit, I didn't try that. Well, if that is correct, forget about my theory - it is something else. PD should really try to correct it ASAP, that one and judder in online when someone's pitting is preventing me and my friends to do any pit-online races.

Some of the Endurance series that I enjoyed had a rule to minimize the issue: everybody were forced to pit on the first lap.

Things got more fair, at least.

This glitch only seems to happen after your first pit stop. The wear rate doesn't compound with every pit there after eg after say pit stop number 3 you will lap at the same pace as after your 1st pit stop. It's like the tyre model has the grip of 1 tier lower compound with the wear of 1 tier higher compound.

@amar212 having been running endurance races online on sports softs i've noticed generally that there seems to be a drop off approx 10-20% in stint length after a stop. Also encountered random grip loss and the bizarre phenomena of sometimes a set of tyres simply not gripping.

Doing a enduro race ( 27 laps of trial mtn reverse on SH ) in the gt86 race car, have been doing practice for the last few days and lap times dropped by about 1.5 - 2 seconds after pitting, now it is possible to stay within a few tenths of a PB for multiple laps after pitting, this has been tested by a few people and the results were the same

This race was planned for tonight but was prevented by the maintenance and postponed, after servers came back online a few of the drivers returned for some more practice and then noticed the fix. So this was tested directly before and after the patch

This race was planned for tonight but was prevented by the maintenance and postponed, after servers came back online a few of the drivers returned for some more practice and then noticed the fix. So this was tested directly before and after the patch

Ok thanks for the info. I will set up my wheel after almost two months and try it out myself. Hopefully it's the same with racing tyres.

Edit: If this is true I think it should be posted on the GTP news page. It's a big deal for many people!

Ok thanks for the info. I will set up my wheel after almost two months and try it out myself. Hopefully it's the same with racing tyres.

Edit: If this is true I think it should be posted on the GTP news page. It's a big deal for many people!
The reason I used the word 'seems' is because I haven't tested each compound yet

Not so sure cyber, just did a heap of testing on it and I couldn't get the same lap time from the second set of tires.

That said, the second set during prac felt horrible, but the second set in a race felt the same, but we couldn't get the same times.

We tested on Fuji oval as that's the easiest track to get a consistent time, but we found again that the second set was consistently .2 or .3 slower.

Would be interested to see if anyone else can see a change ?

Back