What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I am playing Diablo 3 and War Thunder, with some occasional Battlefield 4 and Red Orchestra 2.

I borrowed Killzone Shadow Fall from a friend so I've been playing that, just. (Kind of hard with a broken hand in a cast). It's actually pretty good, the gameplay is probably my favourite of all shooters.

The only other game I'm playing is Zen Pinball on the PS4, it's free from PS Store. Good fun too.

Max Payne! I'm up to Act 3 Chapter 4 (of 6, I think). It's not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination but it is fun, and that's all that matters. Also, Kerbal Space Program (I've almost researched everything and I haven't even landed on Mun yet), Payday 2 and a mix of Race 07, GTR 2, GT Legends and netKar Pro, depending on what my casual racing friends are using.

DiRT3 complete edition on PS3.
I got DiRT3 the day it came out in 2011, almost completed it and sold it.
There was a good offer on a Dutch website and I really wanted it back.
The added content in the complete edition gives alot of added value for me.
DiRT3 has grabbed me, once again.;)

I recently got a Xbox 360 and have not been able to let go of the controller for Forza 4. So much damn fun. Halo 4 and Tomb Raider came bundled with the system and I having never played Halo before, it's pretty good! Graphics are very impressive. Tomb Raider is also a very interesting game, haven;t played much of it but the first 2 acts are pretty cool.

Other than that trying to finish up Infamous second son and AC4, those two games are amazing. Love the Ps4 but Forza is definitely my new addiction, the sound of the FXX!!!!!!OMG!!!

I play Minecraft, GT6, and BF1943 on my PS3, and my Wii U gets some action too as I play The Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and, soon to be Mario Kart 8. I have to say, Gran Turismo could take a note or two from the new online Tournament feature in Mario Kart 8. It would be absolutely perfect.

I'm taking a break from Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and HearthStone for the time being. Instead, I'm slowly making my way through Dark Souls II on the PC. It's kinda sad that From didn't bother to upgrade the PC version's visuals anymore than they already did, though. They had this amazing trailer out and the areas shown in the demo surpass what's currently in the game by a good bit. Now, I get that they couldn't possibly coax enough performance out of the the PS3 and the X360, so it's understandable that they went and turned the graphics down a notch. Should've been perfectly possible on the PC, though, given that the hardware limitations aren't there.

Oh, well. I suppose From couldn't be arsed into creating those spectacular visuals for more than the demo level solely for the PC crow :indiff: Gotta be happy that the port runs a lot better than Dark Souls 1, I suppose.

Playing Child of Light on the One. It's such a refreshing game I wish it were both a physical and digital release.

Colorful and charmingly poetic.

Today I have embarked upon an epic fixing/modding session for a game I didn't previously care about, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. So far I've installed something that I guess was naughty but since I paid for a broken game I don't exactly care, something else to... Do something with 3D something (I don't get it), a community patch that does something else, 'HD' textures (i.e. it's gone from a smudged crayon nightmare to textures that looked crap in 2007, possibly, it's not as if I've seen what the unmodified game looks like), 'HD' character models and now I'm ripping images of the original CDs to get the audio files so I can use some sort of emulator to let the game play the original music again since the Steam version, well, it didn't come with music.

I've played a bit without the music and... It kind of sucks. But it'll suck less with music, so that's why I'm still trying.

GT6 - I've been playing it a lot the past week. The game gets so much better once you unlock International B. I really hope they release true endurance events though.

InFamous: Second Son

Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - Finished the story a few days ago and currently make my way through the collectibles and side-missions, as well aiming for the Platinum throphy. Great game and possbily me new favourite open-world game (of last-gen). Hong Kong is vibrant, full of life and so much fun to drive around.

F1 2010 (PS3) - Bought it last weekend after finding it very cheap at my local Gamestop. Game runs nicely and I'm liking it so far, although I absolutely suck at it.

And since I finally got my PS2 back - Tourist Trophy.

I play Minecraft, GT6, and BF1943 on my PS3, and my Wii U gets some action too as I play The Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and, soon to be Mario Kart 8. I have to say, Gran Turismo could take a note or two from the new online Tournament feature in Mario Kart 8. It would be absolutely perfect.
I have preordered mario kart 8 too.

I downloaded and played TORCS (The Open Racing Car Simulator) and Speed Dreams. I had the 2.0 Beta version of Speed Dreams initially; so when this version did more crashing than racing and was rather slow on my PC, I downloaded the 1.4.0 version. The 1.4.0 version lacks some of the tweaks offered by Speed Dreams 2.0- such as time and weather options, skin selection, and more. I am sticking mostly to quick races and practices for both games because I eventually want to get a new computer in the near future to play more modern- yet not severely intense- games more often apart from my blogging and other PC work.

With all of this said, both TORCS and Speed Dreams are very good PC racing sims. I'll have to try to remain on the track as much as possible. Going off into the grass makes it terribly hard to get back on track. I've been playing more of Speed Dreams than TORCS just since I've been play-testing Speed Dreams on my PC since downloading the 1.4.0 version of the title.

One final note... I read that there will be a Dreams of Motorsport that is planned. Speed Dreams was a fork of TORCS, and "Dreams of Motorsport" will be a fork of Speed Dreams. It will be interesting to see what results from this based on my limited time with both Speed Dreams and TORCS.

Question: what are the FAR CRY games like? I saw a collection of four games in one release the other day, but aside from being open-world games, I don't know much about them.

I've only played Far Cry 3 on the PS3. But that was very, very good. Great story line, great graphics, and the game play was fantastic. It's one of my personal favorites and have replayed it at least twice this year. Although, there are a bit edgy. Sex, drugs, rape, torture, the whole lot.

Back