What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

samsung-galaxy-s4-mini.png

To think... I actually wanted a Mega :lol:

It's been randomly rebooting though which is really annoying.

RJS
Have you tried doing a factory reset or even an Hard reset? Might solve your problem.

It's not that. It might be the battery or the software. This has been happening ever since Samsung released their new firmware update so I can't pinpoint what exactly is causing it. The CPU doesn't overheat, so it's not it. The phone reboots at random battery percentages so it might not be the battery. Auto-updates are off for apps from Google Play....

So I don't know.

Wow. Didn't think something with such status would do that. My friend has a ZTE Majesty and it does that.

It does. As do a lot of S4 Minis, S3's and what have you.

Those of you guys who have an LG G3 how do you like it? I'm on the look for a new Android phone to replace my iPhone 4s and I just really don't know which one to choose.

Those of you guys who have an LG G3 how do you like it? I'm on the look for a new Android phone to replace my iPhone 4s and I just really don't know which one to choose.
I absolutely love the phone, its very fast and the screen is absolutely beautiful, battery life is decent, for me at least

It's not that. It might be the battery or the software. This has been happening ever since Samsung released their new firmware update so I can't pinpoint what exactly is causing it. The CPU doesn't overheat, so it's not it. The phone reboots at random battery percentages so it might not be the battery. Auto-updates are off for apps from Google Play....

So I don't know.

You could always go to any Samsung Center to get the firmware re-flashed, better if the phone is still under warranty. Worse comes to worst, it could be the board itself dying which I'm pretty confident is not the case here...

You could always go to any Samsung Center to get the firmware re-flashed, better if the phone is still under warranty. Worse comes to worst, it could be the board itself dying which I'm pretty confident is not the case here...

I don't know how Samsung's warranties work. I bought the phone in Latin America.

So obviously not the 6 plus, but is the iPhone 6 significantly faster than a 5S?

I wouldn't call it "significantly" faster, but it is a little faster. They both have 1gb of memory. To be honest, my iPhone 5 was still running great with iOS 8. I feel that the iPhone 5 is one of the better bang for the buck phones in Apple's line up now. Better looking that the 5C, but the same performance.

LG Google Nexus 4 at the moment although I currently have a HTC One M8 on it's way. ;)👍 The Nexus 4 is similar to that Xperia Z in the way of having glass on the front and back haha.

I wouldn't call it "significantly" faster, but it is a little faster. They both have 1gb of memory. To be honest, my iPhone 5 was still running great with iOS 8. I feel that the iPhone 5 is one of the better bang for the buck phones in Apple's line up now. Better looking that the 5C, but the same performance.
Didn't Apple replace the 5 with the 5C?

Just recently purchased a Xperia Z1 Compact (about two months back) to replace my finally broken Xperia Mini Pro...

I also realised that Compact is no longer exactly compact... xD

and @Pophead I know what you mean!! I am really quite afraid of knocking it on anything!

I'll hold out for two more years. I'm still waiting fo Project Ara to roll out. I've had this pet peeve for ages. Why the hell should I change my entire phone, for a minor upgrade? I want a better camera, so why buy a new phone. I want more RAM so why buy a new phone?

Is this phone any good?

It's not out yet but maybe somebody has inside information or more information about the One Plus.

The phone is good! I've got a couple of mates using it and the performance is pretty impressive for its price! However, my main concern about the phone is the scarce in spare parts because one of my mate got his screen cracked and he can't get it fixed because there are barely any spare parts for it. Accessories are rare as hell too!

The phone has actually been on sale since earlier this year but many can't get the phone due to the rubbish invite system that they're using and by the time the phone is on sale for everyone all around the world, OnePlus Two might be out because there has been some plans on it...

My advice is for you to hold on to your money or probably go for something else ;)

I have a phone, and it can call people and stuff. I don't know how it does, because it doesn't have any wires or cords, or anything. And even when it's off it can keep track of time better than I can, which is sort of unnerving. I feel like when I'm late to get somewhere, it's just laughing at me as it knows that I won't make it. I usually keep it in a box, because it has an eye on the back of it, and I think it's spying on me. There's another smaller eye on the front, and sometimes the screen shows me that it's spying on me. I see my face on the screen, and it's scary.

Occasionally it starts meowing at me, and I give it a pat by stroking its screen, and then someone starts talking at me, and I get scared... I think it's the computer world trying to communicate with me. I think they're doing research because they ask me about how I'm going. It usually stops after awhile, which means I can come back out from my hiding place. And then it will start shaking and making a scary vibration noise. I think that's it getting angry at me for not communicating with it.

Yesterday I talked to a friend who is a technician in my other friend's computer store. I asked him; Android or windows?
He said: "stay away from Android". It's free, and can cause problems with the devices it's installed on. Plus, Android devices are unstable and have hardware problems. The apps for Android are not controlled and anyone can develope an app and put it on the 'net.

Is this true? Is Android worse than Windows?

I have a phone, and it can call people and stuff. I don't know how it does, because it doesn't have any wires or cords, or anything. And even when it's off it can keep track of time better than I can, which is sort of unnerving. I feel like when I'm late to get somewhere, it's just laughing at me as it knows that I won't make it. I usually keep it in a box, because it has an eye on the back of it, and I think it's spying on me. There's another smaller eye on the front, and sometimes the screen shows me that it's spying on me. I see my face on the screen, and it's scary.

Occasionally it starts meowing at me, and I give it a pat by stroking its screen, and then someone starts talking at me, and I get scared... I think it's the computer world trying to communicate with me. I think they're doing research because they ask me about how I'm going. It usually stops after awhile, which means I can come back out from my hiding place. And then it will start shaking and making a scary vibration noise. I think that's it getting angry at me for not communicating with it.
Let me know when it starts growing legs and feet. I'll buy it from you.

Yesterday I talked to a friend who is a technician in my other friend's computer store. I asked him; Android or windows?
He said: "stay away from Android". It's free, and can cause problems with the devices it's installed on. Plus, Android devices are unstable and have hardware problems. The apps for Android are not controlled and anyone can develope an app and put it on the 'net.

I personally prefer Android to Windows Phone as the customization is much richer. Not everyone is bothered about customization, though. Android also has a hell of a lot more apps than Windows Phone (again, not everyone is bothered about this), and has a huge range of devices. Your friend might be talking about the problems (hardware faults, unstable) associated with cheap, no-name branded Android devices as opposed to the more mainstream brands.

Yes, he said that it is better to get a more expensive phone/tablet rather than, as you said it, no-name branded Android device.

I don't know what he means by 'causing problems with the devices it's installed on.' Does he mean rooting and custom ROMs? Because you really shouldn't dabble in that if you don't know what you're doing.
Neither is better than the other. It is like comparing Windows for PC, to Linux. I personally think Android is better suited to my customisation needs, as the open-source nature can be very profitable. As for apps, they are definitely controlled. No app can appear on the Play Store without going through some strict authentication processes first, so I would seriously take your friend's claim with a grain of salt.

Yes, he said that it is better to get a more expensive phone/tablet rather than, as you said it, no-name branded Android device.

No-name Android devices? He needs to see this:

I personally prefer Android to Windows Phone as the customization is much richer. Not everyone is bothered about customization, though. Android also has a hell of a lot more apps than Windows Phone (again, not everyone is bothered about this), and has a huge range of devices. Your friend might be talking about the problems (hardware faults, unstable) associated with cheap, no-name branded Android devices as opposed to the more mainstream brands.

The unknown brands hardly have any hardware problems because most of them are made with MediaTek chipsets. These chipsets incorporate an arguably more streamlined RF architecture and baseband algorithm. I've had my Prestigio smartphone with a MediaTek chipset since February 2013 and I didn't encounter a single hardware problem with it yet. My brother owns an equally reliable Lenovo A369i, after owning an HTC One V that was eventually sent in for repairs four times over the course of six months. The biggest downside to MediaTek is that there is virtually no source code available, so support is dropped almost immediately upon release.

Last edited:
Problems with these Android devices were:

* battery

* screen problems

* overheating

* etc...

That's what he said. But he's a windows fanboy. I'm not a fanboy whatsoever.

Back