What's the most difficult video game or part of it, mission, level, or bosses you ever finished?

Impossible to beat, final mission of Gundam Target in Sight / Crossfire, use Zaku I or GM ( fully upgraded if you wish ), prepare to be blown up real quick :lol:

Anyone remember that damn plane mission in GTA San Andreas? The one where you have to fly through the circles within a time limit... my god must have taken me hours and hours! many of my mates never did it and because it was a compulsory mission they never finished the game. Rockstar learnt after that!

Impossible to beat, final mission of Gundam Target in Sight / Crossfire, use Zaku I or GM ( fully upgraded if you wish ), prepare to be blown up real quick :lol:

You know, I got this game packaged with my PS3 and I haven't played it for more that 5 mins. It got pretty bad reviews but is it worth giving a go?

Anyone remember that damn plane mission in GTA San Andreas? The one where you have to fly through the circles within a time limit... my god must have taken me hours and hours! many of my mates never did it and because it was a compulsory mission they never finished the game. Rockstar learnt after that!

You know, I got this game packaged with my PS3 and I haven't played it for more that 5 mins. It got pretty bad reviews but is it worth giving a go?

I have finished the Target in Sight more than 10 times :D The game does have major flaws, the frame rate sucks, but the gameplay is good if you are willing to spend time to learn the steep learning curve :) I highly recommend to start 1st play through on easiest difficulty level, this way you can learn the way the each mobile suits can be used ( each are unique with weapons, speed, armor and battle range ). You MUST upgrade the mech, pick one that has good stats or you like and 1st of all, upgrade the weapons to the max level as quick as possible, this will give you access to more ammo, damage and available weapons ( options and main weapons ) The only way you can unlock all mech and pilot is to complete several play through, so make use of the easier level.

The game also has a bug with 5.1 audiio output which causes audio cut out when the action gets hectic, switching to stereo only output under XMB audio options will help remedy this, but rarely the audio cut out will still occur during a mission but will go away once the mission is completed.

If you install the game, you can play WITHOUT the disc inside. Simply start the game as usual with the disc inserted, then when you reach main menu, eject the disc. The game runs 100% from the HDD when installed, it only needs the disc to start up, this way you can save the lens from doing unneccesary job as sometimes the game reads from the disc even IF it can run without + everything is installed.

That tutorial was full of BS.
Baloney! there was a video that you could watch right from within the game, it showed you exactly how to do all the stunts... literally. You only had to follow it exactly to the letter and you could get past it rather easily.

The game in general was very difficult though. I loved that game. How about the last mission around that really narrow long bridge? Or the last mission in Driver 2 when you had to chase that helicopter.

I place Driver 1 and 2 as two of the best games I've played in my lifetime. Nostalgia attack...

This one stands out for me

Ah same here, I forgot that. I remember trying it so many times, then when I passed it, it seemed a little random, like I hadn't done anything different or more skilfully than before. But oh the relief, man the relief :)

EDIT: Just remembered the final one-on-one race in Forza Horizon against Douche McBag or whatever his name is, is ridiculously tricky and about 10 times harder than any other race in the game. The rubberbanding is ridiculous and I could only win when he made some random major error along the way that stopped him in his tracks. And then you don't get to try it again, to see if you can do it more legitimately.

Last edited:
The CO-OP of James Bond Everything or Nothing is hands down the hardest thing I have ever played.mme and my mate spent 10s of hours trying to beat the THIRD LEVEL but it was immposible. The single player on that was pretty hard too :)

The hardest racing game I played was the last tier of TOCA 3 world tour, you had to win a championship in a 90s Williams whilst the (slightly dodgy) AI drove modern, 90s or even 80s Williams.tyre wear was a killer and any contact would send you spinning and any trip to the grass would ruin your suspension. I don't think I ever even finished the first race at Donnington it was just too tight

And beating Radec on Veteran in Killzone 2. That was way rough. Trying that again on Elite was out of the question.

Baloney! there was a video that you could watch right from within the game, it showed you exactly how to do all the stunts... literally. You only had to follow it exactly to the letter and you could get past it rather easily.

I have never seen this video. Man it was so long ago and now we also have YouTube... probably a good time to go back. But I don't recall any video in-game?

I have never seen this video. Man it was so long ago and now we also have YouTube... probably a good time to go back. But I don't recall any video in-game?
If you still have your console, fire it up and look in the main menu. It was under a category specific to videos if I recall correctly and there weren't many of them. It showed the entire parking garage sequence, beginning to end, striking through each stunt as it was made.

The CO-OP of James Bond Everything or Nothing is hands down the hardest thing I have ever played.mme and my mate spent 10s of hours trying to beat the THIRD LEVEL but it was immposible. The single player on that was pretty hard too :)

Equinox stands out as being the toughest mission in 007: Nightfire (the console version). Especially hard on 00 Agent difficulty. Giving Drake enough time to land a couple of hits with those rockets at the end meant all your previous efforts were for nought, since checkpoints would make it far too easy and less time-consuming.

This guy makes it all look so simple. I swear the AI's aim didn't suck anywhere near as much as this when I played.

Last edited:
Most of the bosses in Final Fantasy X back in the day especially the ones after the Calm Lands. It was only recently that I beat the first one that gave me issues back in the day without cheats which was Seymour and that's the part of the remakes I am getting to right now. Not looking forward to fighting Yunalesca three times in a row.

I never had too much of a problem, but that's because I levelled up at the Highbridge just before fighting Seymour the second time (when Kimahri runs off ahead). The robots were easy and provided a ton of XP. Well, I had a problem once I got to Yunalesca, only because I kept trying to bring back my characters all the time in her final form. That was annoying. I was replaying the remakes last month too, so I know what you mean; I still can't beat Seymour's final form, and I need to to continue with the monster hunting...

To be fair though, all the fights are far less frustrating than dodging lightning, or winning the Chocobo race to gain Tidus' Sigil!

I'll echo the comments on Driver - never beat that final level without cheating - and @neema_t's MGS2 complaints. I remember hunting down every single dog tag for every difficulty, but because I couldn't tap the button fast enough on that final choking bit, I could never finish the save on the hardest difficulty. Ugh.

I never did get gold on the final Vettel challenge in GT5, settling for a fraction off of it with a DS3, as my wheel had packed itself up by then.

Up until the PS2 days, I tended to beat all video games my parents bought for me. There was one exception though, and I've still never beat it: Sub-Terrania. It's good to read that even then, reviewers were commenting on its difficulty!

This mission needed to die in a hole

Language warning

I don't think it was hard at all...

All you had to do to get it done easy was to get a head start, get of the bike, take a sniper or assault rifle and shoot the 3 guys on the train. Easy pickin'.

This guy makes it all look so simple. I swear the AI's aim didn't suck anywhere near as much as this when I played
That's what I thought when I saw the clip of Driver above. It looks fairly easy, and I swear it was nightmarish when I played it. The chase cars came shooting through the air! Whether they hit jumps really hard or ran off bridgecrossings to ram me when I passed by beneath I can't remember. I was hit in the side with like two, three flying cars at the same time! My memory might be a little fuzzy but they definitely came shooting with air-jumps in the beginning. Maybe it was the route I took.

There's a mission early in the Connor storyline of AC III where Boston goes into lockdown and you become the most-wanted teenager in the New World. Patrols of heavy-hitting Jaegers roam the streets, firing lines regularly form up, and the rooftop guards are on high alert. You're supposed to navigate the city by stealth to get your next mission, which teaches you how to reduce your wanted status. But if you get spotted, you have little choice but to flee, since prolonged fighting brings more guards. And given how far you have to go in order to lose them, it's very easy to get further and further away from the next mission. Which is made worse by the way assets are re-used throughout the city, so it's easier still to get lost. Nor does the game give you any clue as to what you need to do before you get the mission, so I spent hours trying to escape attention and reduce my ranking before I started the next mission, because I was used to rankings carrying over in the previous games.

I've also been trying to S-rank some of the missions in MGS:GZ, and there's one that's a real pain. You need perfect aim with a stun pistol - a weapon with less stopping power than an actual gun - to hit three moving targets, or else Hideo Kojima dies. After about a dozen goes, I start cheering for the enemies.

As for racing games, I dread Super Tourers at Algarve Club Circuit in GRID AUTOSPORT. You *have* to take the first corner flat out. If you lift, you get passed. If you brake, you get turned around. Every. Single. Time. And I really wish Codemasters would include a feature where you can punch the AI drivers post-race. Anyone who has been "passed" by Arron Westley or Logan Parker knows exactly what I mean.

To be fair though, all the fights are far less frustrating than dodging lightning, or winning the Chocobo race to gain Tidus' Sigil!
All of that was easier than getting Wakka's sigil. Blitzball never made any sense to me.

But then, every FF game has one bloody difficult task. In VIII, it was a toss-up between Omega Weapon and the final boss. In IX, it was Ozma (and if you went right instead of left coming out of Gizamaluke's Grotto, you were guaranteed to die ). XII wasn't too bad, but it was easy to get lost in the Great Crystal, and getting Zodiark was a pain, because you had to wipe out 10% of his health in one hit, or else he'd become invincible.

PS2 - GUNDAM Zeonic Front, S rank on all missions ( including simulation ) - the hardest was a mission involving White Base, not only perfect strategy required but a "bit" of luck as well to get perfect score.

Kycilia was never happy with me. Ever. I hate that woman.

But then, every FF game has one bloody difficult task. In VIII, it was a toss-up between Omega Weapon and the final boss.

Being a mini-quest completionist I played the card game and had every card. Convert the Gilgamesh card into 10 Holy wars, an item which makes you invisible. In the final battle when he causes damage and everyone is in Limit Break use a holy war and spam the limit break attacks. Easiest final boss ever. Well Sephiroth in VII was easy if you did the Chocobo races and got the gold chocobo to get the Knights of the Round Materia. never stood a chance.

Equinox stands out as being the toughest mission in 007: Nightfire (the console version). Especially hard on 00 Agent difficulty. Giving Drake enough time to land a couple of hits with those rockets at the end meant all your previous efforts were for nought, since checkpoints would make it far too easy and less time-consuming.

This guy makes it all look so simple. I swear the AI's aim didn't suck anywhere near as much as this when I played.

Naaaah that was a piece of piss compared to EoN. They're both great games though that really deserve a remastering.

That tutorial was full of BS.

'What the hell is a slalom?!' - every little kid, ever.

The last mission was also a pain too, made all the more annoying by the president going 'NICE DRIVING, SON' whilst being rammed at every second. Playing through the game again, it isn't as bad, especially since you can see oncoming cars a lot easier without the terrible resolution older TVs had back then.

The last mission on The Simpsons: Hit & Run. The one where you have to deliver nuclear waste the spaceship in the rocket-powered Jeep. I only managed to beat it a few months back. Never again.

Test Drive 6 on the Game Boy Color. My first ever (personal) game, I only managed to finish that last year. The last championship in the game is only winnable by winning all the previous championships in order again and then winning every race in that championship too. Oh, and the game doesn't tell you that either. The last championship is made all the more annoying by tight, technical tracks (that you wouldn't know very well) that have around 8 laps each and the worst rubber band A.I. in history.

Honorable mentions go to:

- The mission 'Espresso-2-Go' in GTA III, thanks to the Mafia shooting the crap out of you the moment you drive into their patch.
- Getting 100 purple Pikmin in Pikmin 2 to carry the heaviest treasure in the game. Absolute nightmare. Technically not mandatory, but necessary if you're going for 100% completion.
- Any of the 'The Secret of...' episodes in Super Mario Sunshine (where they take F.L.U.D.D. away from you to test your platforming skills).
- Savo in Midnight Club II.
- Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. Way more annoying than the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time.
- Sonic Adventure DX. Not a particular bit, the whole game. I never understood where to go.
- World 8-3 in Super Mario Bros. I've been perpetually stuck there on the DX version since 2002. And I still. Can't. Freaking. Do it.
- Outrunning the abominable snowman for more than five seconds in SkiFree.

Gran Turismo 4
Driving mission: 3 lap battle
Japanese classics New York circuit, your given a Toyota 2000-GT and a ridiculous gap between you and the lead car. If you can run three laps at Stig levels of perfection in a row, you can just beat the lead car.

However at 14 I was not the Stig (still ain't...damn it.)
I spent literally two hours+ every day for three weeks.
Never beat it. Ever.
I'm still kinda pissed at that level.
And why did I endure such torture? Because the prize was a Jay Leno tank car, which I learned in GT5, SUCKS. So pissed... Lol

I still have the PS2, perhaps one day I shall avenge myself...
(Lol yah right, I don't have time to play the games I like let alone the levels I hate.:)

Next most challenging would be
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Online co-op, Cobins intel drop, trying to hold of till wave 20. It was semi easy till 10-12, but somewhere between 13-15 it just got freakin bat**** crazy. By the time they finally pinned us in a corner, we were next to an reloading crate taking turns restocking, while the other took out those little explosive RC cars, and slung Incendiary, frag, and gas grenades along with anything and everything else we had in arms reach!
We died in a pile of empty brass and grenade pins. Best gaming death I've ever had.

Lol, god it was freaking epic ... It's so intense (and fun) it's kinda hard to get frustrated with it.

BTW, if you looking for a new shooter, where thinking your way through pays off better than guns blazing, I give Splinter Cell a 5 star rating.
It so good I fully intend to go back and beat it on the hardest setting,(which I never do) the only other game I've even threatened to do that on was the uncharted series.

Thanks for reading!

Some people say the Ebony Warrior on Legendary in Skyrim is nearly impossible to kill one on one and only melee combat allowed.

I didn't have that much of a hard time like that and even killed him several times in multiple ways just for fun.

I can see why some people say that though, my character is pretty op, legit but op.

Back