What's the most difficult video game or part of it, mission, level, or bosses you ever finished?

The closed circuit tournaments in Midnight Club 3 and the burning routes for the Ford GT replica and the F1 racer in Burnout Paradise immediately come to mind. Some of the missions in Prototype are a pain as well, particularly the first mission where you encounter Hunters and the final 2 major boss battles.

NFS High Stakes. Especially the races against McLarens and CLKs. Insane A.I.+ damage fine = sucks. Also I didn't finished the game :indiff:. Midnight Club L.A. on other hand is not really that hard (and fun) only frustrating because of the rubber banding. I raced Nikolai(?). The dude is fast. I had a lot of restarts. Then luck shined on me. He crashed 3 times during the race and it gave me a lead about half of the whole map, no kidding(I checked it). Now this is the part that things got very weird...I have a very large lead, and I'm about four checkpoints away to the finish line so I slowed down a bit to ensure my victory when out of nowhere a truck popped out (a graphical error) in my front, crashing my car. While spinning out,1 segment away from the finish line, Nikolai passed me, and won. How the 🤬 he chased me that fast? He only got about 10 secs from center of the map to the corner to pass me and win.:confused:

MGS4 on Extreme The Boss difficulty

I have a lot of problems trying to get anywhere without being detected, and being detected in that difficulty equals death, unless you have the corpse camo.

I remember the older games like MGS3 and 2 to be pretty hard, too, but not as much difficult as I think MGS4 is, specially in the boss parts

It must have been Driver. The last mission of getting the mafia-boss to extraction. It was crazy, the policecars were all over the place and came shooting like projectiles to try and ram you with no regard for their own life or anything. That mission was super difficult.
Mafia boss? No, that was... (spoilers, highlight the rest if you want to read it)the President, and those weren't police car-missiles trying to get you, they were the mafia as far as I remember. The point is, I made it through that one, it was pretty nasty, but taking turns with my mum (since I was 6 at the time) we made it through.
Hardest game I've beaten? I have no idea. Just Cause 2 on Hardcore was pretty gnarly in the 2nd-last mission, but the rest was fine; Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on Crushing made me give up for a month in the 'knee deep in water in a dark room with crumbly cover' firefight, but after that I was okay. Within my poor memory, Mafia II and Muppet RaceMania are some of the hardest games I can think of that I've conquered, but there are quite a few I haven't: NGΣ2, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe etc.

Last edited:
MGS4 on Extreme The Boss difficulty

I have a lot of problems trying to get anywhere without being detected, and being detected in that difficulty equals death, unless you have the corpse camo.

I remember the older games like MGS3 and 2 to be pretty hard, too, but not as much difficult as I think MGS4 is, specially in the boss parts

I don't know, the bosses weren't that bad in The Boss Extreme difficulty, what did it for me was that I was trying to get the Big Boss emblem and so wasn't allowed to kill anyone in the on-rails sequences in chapters one and three (I know it's an old game but I'm still trying to avoid spoilers). The bosses were not so bad because you could 'kill' their first form and their second wasn't too hard to KO with V-ring ammo in the Saiga 12K. Raging Raven was kind of hard I guess and Crying Wolf wasn't exactly fun either, but the chapter 3 chase had me restarting more than all the bosses combined. Had I not been trying to get that emblem it would've been a lot easier, though.

PS2 - GUNDAM Zeonic Front, S rank on all missions ( including simulation ) - the hardest was a mission involving White Base, not only perfect strategy required but a "bit" of luck as well to get perfect score.

Mass Effect 1 - 2 - 3 on same career/character save - Insanity level.

Alien Hominid PS2 : I swear that funky game was the hardest shooting game ever.

I don't know, the bosses weren't that bad in The Boss Extreme difficulty, what did it for me was that I was trying to get the Big Boss emblem and so wasn't allowed to kill anyone in the on-rails sequences in chapters one and three (I know it's an old game but I'm still trying to avoid spoilers). The bosses were not so bad because you could 'kill' their first form and their second wasn't too hard to KO with V-ring ammo in the Saiga 12K. Raging Raven was kind of hard I guess and Crying Wolf wasn't exactly fun either, but the chapter 3 chase had me restarting more than all the bosses combined. Had I not been trying to get that emblem it would've been a lot easier, though.
I haven't tried for the Big Boss Emblem yet, but I've heard plenty of horror stories about it and the idea of finishing the chase on the top difficulty, flawlessly, with nothing but tranqs and the power of SUNLIGHT! sounds extremely unnerving. :nervous:

I haven't tried for the Big Boss Emblem yet, but I've heard plenty of horror stories about it and the idea of finishing the chase on the top difficulty, flawlessly, with nothing but tranqs and the power of SUNLIGHT! sounds extremely unnerving. :nervous:

I don't think you can even SUNLIGHT! during the chase, either! I haven't played it in years though so I can't remember, but I do recall being utterly horrified.

The more I went into the past, there were many games that deserved to be mentioned here :D

Shenmue Series ( DC )

Gundam 079 Anniversary Edition 2005 PS2 on hardest level.

Votoms PS2 - very good mech sim, the game was very hard for me back then, and it was in Japanese :(

+1 for Stuntman and Driver 1/2. I was pretty young back then so they might not be as hard now, but Stuntman was so infuriating.

When it comes to crazy boss battles this is at the very top of my list. The very last boss battle is more chaotic and insane than anything I have ever seen in my life. :eek: It was so insanely difficult on the lower difficulties that I never even attempted to beat it on the hardest difficulty. Watch this entire video and you just wont believe what you see toward the end. By the end of the battle you have no idea where you are at or what is going on. Just look at all the enemies in the mini map in the upper right by the end of the battle. There are hundreds! :lol:

Earth Defense Force 2017.

Last edited:
Super Mario Galaxy was the hardest game I've ever played. The purple coin missions after you complete the final boss mission is very difficult. Never got to finish the game using Luigi.

Every license event/driving challenges in all the GT games I've played (GT PSP, GT5 and GT6) are very difficult.

A recent one, Getting gold on Trails Fusion Ice Climb level. Platinum is way out of my reach at the moment but I'm practising. :)

+1 for stuntman though. Along with the driver games they really shaped my love for gaming (specifically driving games) It took me a while but I finished stuntman and was so happy wehen I did. Not only for the fact I finished it but also that I know had all the unlocks for the stunt arena :)

I used to love making tracks on it and driving them in a sort of metro 6r4/lancia style car. Loved it :)

Last edited:
Golding the Red Bull X challenges in GT5 was pretty difficult. It didn't help that I was using a DS3 either.

Also winning all of the festival events in Motorstorm Pacific Rift was very challenging. Once the AI ramps up to the highest difficulty they start to rubber band like crazy. You can be going top speed in the fastest car in the game, but when the AI's rubber banding kicks in they just magically cruise by you anyways :rolleyes:

There's probably danmaku games that I'll eventually play that will take up this spot.

That aside, probably the single hardest game I've finished is Captain Tsubasa 2. There are some games in that which feel more like armageddon than a football game.

Golding the Red Bull X challenges in GT5 was pretty difficult. It didn't help that I was using a DS3 either.

Also winning all of the festival events in Motorstorm Pacific Rift was very challenging. Once the AI ramps up to the highest difficulty they start to rubber band like crazy. You can be going top speed in the fastest car in the game, but when the AI's rubber banding kicks in they just magically cruise by you anyways :rolleyes:
I hate rubber banding in racing games. FUEL had that rubber band effect really bad too. You really never knew if you were going to win a race until the last 30 seconds. I noticed GT6 has that a little bit too which shocked me for a sim game.

Pacific Rift. The eliminator race with you on the dirt bike and everyone else in monster trucks (and on Razorback, horrible track). That was downright impossible

Yeah, I can't remember beating Extreme was all that difficult. As I remember it I thought Extreme actually should had been "normal" mode: challenging but fair. But of course, by then I probably had proper equipment and knew what was coming so that changes the situation. After all, I often find bosses in different Devil May Cry games to be very, very tough and then I watch somebodys video on youtube and they kill them like it's nothing. But in DMC games there are certain attacks and ways of doing things that are much more effective for different bosses so if one is doing it wrong without knowing so it can be immensly frustrating.

Edit: Now I remember the last fight against the other Snake-dude on the submarine. It was very hard until I cracked "the code" of that fight. Once I understood the pattern it was easy. And here it is :)

Last edited:
Just a few titles I can think of right now.

GT5 All Red Bull Challenges gold with DS3 - broke the left thumbstick housing.
Batman Arkham Asylum Shock & Awe Extreme
God Of War 3 Zeus final boss on Titan difficulty.
Demons Souls King Allant final boss pure black tendency.
Ninja Gaiden 1,2 & 3 on NES.
Ninja Gaiden Alma boss battle XBOX
Panzer Dragoon Orta final boss
Last Battle
NFS: Underground - race against Melissa and her 350z
New Super Mario Bros.
NFS: Shift rival race vs Ron Kay - Magnetized guard rails and the Mustang felt like it was on ice. After Kay's numerous dirty bumps, I decided to pin him into the guard rail haha!
Gunvalkyrie
P.N.03 final boss
Einhander final boss
Blastcorps

Lol, was about to mention that Red Bull X1 challenge. Didn't complete it, never will. :banghead:

And speaking of rubber banding, Need For Speed Undercover, goddamnit I was driving at full speed in my super fast sports car and the Police Crown Vics and Bearcats keep up just fine with me. 🤬 that game.

One more: Last level of Jaws Unleashed. The are two boats; one was armored, with people on board shooting shotguns at you, dropping mines and firing spearguns. You must destroy that boat. The other was a boat with an underwater turret thing that constantly shoots at you when you get close. You cannot destroy that boat. Tons of submarines that keep spawning are firing torpedos at you. All that while trying to keep within a minimum distance from the boat which must be destroyed because you have a proximity triggered explosive shoved in your back. Never playing that mission.

Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition: Remix. I remember beating this bloody tournament in Tokyo where you have to race fast Mercedes and sport bikes. Managed to beat it after 2 months of constant retries using the Nissan Skyline R34.

Burnout 3: Takedown. It was actually a 2 part problem trying to get 100% completion.

Part 1: Takedown Trophies. Most were easily completed except for two. The first was 2 Bus takedowns in a race. I tried for about 2 hours on the Waterfront track. After failing I went to World Tour to finish some events. One of which was a race on Tropical Drive. During it I was able to get two bus takedowns. The other was 2 Trailer takedowns in a race. I only got that because I was lucky.

Part 2: Signature Takedowns. Again most were easily done in Road Rage. Except for Homewrecker, Riviera Roustabout, and Truck Torpedo. However the hardest one was Grapes of Wrath, which called for a takedown into a wine truck. The problem was THEY DIDN'T SPAWN HALF THE TIME. It took hours upon hours to do it. After it was done I was extremely happy.

Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition: Remix. I remember beating this bloody tournament in Tokyo where you have to race fast Mercedes and sport bikes. Managed to beat it after 2 months of constant retries using the Nissan Skyline R34.

Was that the one to earn the Gemballa F355?

Ghost n' Goblins on the PSP.

This game is actually Hell that had been condensed and placed on a UMD. I borrowed it from someone and I gave it back after a few hours. I damn nearly wanted to snap my PSP in half it was that difficult and pissed me off.

PSP version was called Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins. Original arcade version is more difficult, rated by many one of the most difficult games ever created. Apparently if you beat the final boss, it tells you that it was a trap devised by Satan, and makes you play the entire game again on a higher difficulty, in order to to get to the real final boss
GnG_Enemy_Red_Arremer.gif
GnG_Enemy_Satan.gif

Watch Dogs drinking game in Pawnee...

Most definitely the hardest and most difficult game/mission i've ever tried.
Vettel challenge on GT5 and other hard games/missions are piece of cake compared.

Back