Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

When should we end this racing series?

• Two events after le Sarthe with both venus voted for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mmm. So Im off the pace by 3,5 secs... Nothing more I can do bout that except try to preserve my tyres...

Just to let you guys know, I got a call form Chevrolet corporate telling me Interstellar Tool & Die had to run a special paint scheme this weekend. I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

Since it sounds like I'm about 5 seconds off the pace, unless your in the back you won't see how special this paint is.

Hey guys..... here are some cars which we can buy in the new car dealership, modify and race for a next championship.
Aston Martin DB9 '06
BMW M5
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Maserati GRANTURISMO S '08
Mercedes C63 AMG '08
Lexus IS F '07
They are all similar pp standard and weigh pretty much the same with very similar dimensions, so I think they would be very even. Check it out Homes...... just an idea maybe ;)

ive got a bigger list canu of roughly same cars, so here it is
Audi R8 4.2, 515pp
Audi RS6 Advant, 518pp
BMW M5'08, 513pp
Aston martin V12 vantage 520pp
Dodge Viper GTS'02 516pp
Lamborgini Miura, 512pp (if can afford :D)
Jaguar XKR'10, 512pp
Lexus ISF 510pp
GTR PROTO, 507pp
SL55 AMG 509pp
Countach 25th Aniversary'88, 509pp
Countach LP400'74 507pp
RUF RGT 510pp
thats quite a big line up but if we tested them all we could find the closest, but i still want to do dtm next season :)

That is quite a list lol. Yes I did like Homes DTM idea with the faster guys running the older cars and the slower guys running the newer cars. Homes will have to decide which cars each guy can choose from to make it fair. I think it could make the series very interesting!

I can't speak for the rest of the "slower guys", but I'd bet that if the playing field were completly even, we might surprise you.

For instance, I have no idea how to tune. I gotta confess I've been using tunes that I found here on GTP.

Gotta find a better one...lol...

Hey guys to be honest I just purely skipped the race today. I knew I had no chance and I had a videogame party with some friends. I also will be on vacation next weekend.

I dont mind what the next series is....but it just must be tested and make sure all cars perform as equal as possible.

I would like to see one car named, one you can RM. You paint it and give it your own number, make all the cars look different and then we race all on equal footing.

Another one make I hear you say, yes maybe a boring idea, but it will certainly close the gap from first to last.

greestlightnin
I can't speak for the rest of the "slower guys", but I'd bet that if the playing field were completly even, we might surprise you.

For instance, I have no idea how to tune. I gotta confess I've been using tunes that I found here on GTP.

Gotta find a better one...lol...

Sorry Greest.... no disrespect meant when I used "slower guys", I actually would love a one make series, but then it all comes down to skill and setup, and as we saw in the Lupo cup it actually spread the field even more. But atleast with a one make series we are all on a level playing field and their can be no disputing it. But if we choose a one make series, please choose a car that's fun to drive, like a rear wheel drive car with a bit of grunt or even better a MR car :)

Why not ban the tuning part and run standard set up as when the car is bought.

I am willing to suggest anything, just to get the drivers closer, last nights race was a boring as hell for me. Drove like a bat out of hell, but failed to catch the Vipers and ended up way back.

I want the whole field fighting for the front. Remember Grand Valley's sprint race in Lupo's or Monza's race.

Thats how it should be?

I like Drivers idea. It's not like this is real and there's money on the line. Would you rather dominate 2 laps ahead of people or have good close races and lose a few?

I'm not enjoying finishing 2 laps ahead of most of the guys but at the same time I really enjoy setting up a car to suite my driving style, it's part of racing and part of the fun, that's why the game provides setup options. GT5 isn't an arcade game, it's pretty realistic and that's what I enjoy about it. Personally I think their is a huge gap in speed and experience between the guys at the front and the back at the moment which just exaggerates the huge gap at the end of the race. We have run many championships before this one where the same guys dominate by the same distance. Its just the way it is....... we can try doing things to nullify the speed difference, but at the end of the day the fast drivers will be at the front and the slow drivers will be at the back, that's life and that's racing. It's really up to the slower guys to work at it and improve. Just my opinion, but I'm not interested in arcade racing :)

To be completely honest, I'm really enjoying the racing with The Master ( Scale ), but I have no real urge to continue this championship. It just hasn't turned out to be a good one and is pretty boring. The idea was great Homes and I commend your effort, but it's very one sided and I would honestly rather start testing new ideas for something else. I will obviously continue racing if that's the case, but it looks like everyone is pretty fed up with losing to myself and Scale in our dominant Vipers. Just my opinion again...... I know..... I have a big mouth lol :)

i think we should stop this series short, because we already no how its going to be at end of season, i rekon we should start the DTM with ALL SAME CARS first race thn whoever comes 1st 2nd and mabye 3rd gets slowest cars for next race and people who fin near back get faster cars, my opinion cos this season getting predictable, i dont mind anything else AS LONG AS ITS TESTED TO MAKE IT FAIR, and i no u tried hard homes at beginning of this series to make it fair and thank you :) but we need more commitment from everyone to test each car

Maybe we can do a same car trial event to see who's who in the zoo and then we can test the cars properly and allocate cars accordingly. Then we can all race together really close and have some good fun!
I believe splitting the guys into 3 groups after the trial event is the way to go. So if you don't want to be in the slow group then you better haul ass lol. Their should be 2 cars to choose from for each group..... fast, med and slow. Like the Alpha and Calibra for the fast group and the Silver Merc and BMW M3 for the slow group etc etc.

Instead of a trial event, maybe we can do a qualifying shoot out to check everyone's pace, using the same car. That will be the most accurate way of doing it. One at a time on the track while all the others watch. 8 min each to set our fastest Lap. Then we can judge who's who in the zoo lol.

mmm...you guys are thinking.

The current 90's DTM series being run really looks good. I would love that as mentioned before I think. Maybe the winner of each round has to add weight like in real life touring cars.

I agree, the winner of the previous round should add weight for the next race. But running a straight 90s DTM won't bring the field closer together.

Or do you mean the winner of a race should add weight to the car and keep that added weight thru out the championship?

Lack of participation isn't helping either. Normally there are nice little battles going on all over the track. But when there are only six of us its not good at all.

I have no problem being one of the slower guys at all. Neither does Greest either, I don't think. We have our own race going on back there. I'm striving to be the "Best of the rest". But my competition stopped showing up. Fun gone. Bubble, Petrol, etc. You can have 20 guys sign up for these series and only 8 will show up. As the season wears on only 5 or 6 will keep coming.

Adding weight doesn't work unless you add the maximum. 200kg. Anything else does not make a difference. I've ran multiple series with that rule and the fast guys kept dominating. Like they should, they're the fastest. Maximum weight until they finish off the podium.

I really like the qualify in identical cars idea. Example: qualify in the top 6 you get to run prototypes, qualify in the bottom 6 you run GT1. Something kinda like that.

I like running with you guys and you've presented me with a challenge I wasn't expecting when I joined. Must be something in the water in South Africa.

We do have a cool bunch of guys in this series and it would be great if we can all battle it out for a win. Once we have done the same car qualifying and we can get a good idea of everyone's running pace, then we can apply that to any cars we like....... or shall I say any cars Homes decides on ;) it looks like it will be DTM next. I think it will bring the field together so we can race each other properly.
At the beginning of a new series we can do a same car quali again, because guys will improve after every series and they could move up to a faster group. It's a unique idea and novel way for us all to be able to battle for the win :)
We can still add weight to the winners car, cause it might be one of the slower guys who keeps wining....... you never know ;)

Back