Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

When should we end this racing series?

• Two events after le Sarthe with both venus voted for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry for not showing up Sass and not giving competition, but I'm fed up with having stupid stuff happen to me. Whenever I get a PP bonus something stupid ***** it up!! I'm also unsatisfied nothing has been done about my complaint except, "Okay I'll look at the replay".

It's all good man. I understand. Stupid stuff is going to happen. Learning how to avoid it is the key. It's kinda like golf, as soon as you stop hitting so many balls out of bounds your score improves. Magic!

I know that nothing will change much even if we quali in the same car. But it could produce something interesting.

Me sez finish the series out. Scale has earned at least that, and there's only a few races left.

On a side note, I neither deserve nor want the bonus points for the last race. I was doing some recon. I learned some stuff...

One driver was driving with no TC.

Three drivers were running with their ABS at 10.

Gotta admit I was looking for y'all to be running with no SRF, but everyone was using it.

I get the running without TC, but why would someone run with the ABS at 10?

Just curious...

I say lets finish the series. There might not be much battles on the track but in terms of the points table, there is definitely battles going on. Would be cool too see who ends up where....

Greest, some guys run ABS at 10 so that they can brake into the corners without locking up their wheels. That means they can brake as late as possible and still turn the car and accelerate out quicker. So that means they spend less time on brakes which means less time going slow... That setup doesnt work for everyone as it is hugely dependant on ur driving style. But u can get used to it if u practice it alot.

ABS on 10 rules....late breaking to the max.

Ok... so what if I sandbag my qualifying in the same car and earn myself a fast DTM???

lol

We will all be watching your lap and can see if you're sandbagging...... and anyway...... nobody wants to be in a slower group, i'm sure the guys will want to be as far up the rankings as possible. It's a small thing called pride...... which all men should have ;)

Last edited:
Sorry I have been a bit busy so I have only just found all this great discussion about the next series.

Some of the ideas are great!

I would love a series where anybody could win any race. I have tried to make the racing closer by making a bigger PP advantage obtainable but it has just not been anywhere near enough.

I am starting to think that a PP difference of about 50-60pp between the front and back guys is needed (for touring or GT cars at least).

I think that CLK Touring Car '00 can get close to 650pp fully tuned and the slowest DTM car is the 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 which can get close to 580pp fully tuned, so lets do some testing with fast guys in the 190 E and slower guys in the CLK and see how it goes. Then if the CLK drivers are actually winning easily we either allow the 190E drivers to use the calibra or the alfa and re-test. If the CLK's are still winning too easily we start to reduce the allowed BHP of the CLK down slighly etc etc.

Once we have a working formula between the faster and slower guys, we can work out the cars for the middle guys.

I would like to change from controlling the cars by PP to controlling them by BHP / Weight. There are not that many DTM cars but if we could seperate them into slow medium and fast and assign a group to each driver, we could make this work. I like the idea that if (a) driver/s from any group starts dominating then they have to use a weight ballast like in real life.

Just imagine how cool the series would be if we started getting different winners each week. People would not drop out after 6-7 rounds and we would have the best series ever!

I know scale, canu and driver would like a bit more competition and if we have to create it artificially (for one series at least), then so be it. Just imagine how much more rewarding it would be to win a race in a much more inferior car guys.

For new drivers to the series, we would have to start them in the medium level cars and see how they do and then make them upgrade or downgrade if necessary.

Come on guys, lets put the paint-scrapping, laugh-out-loud, thrill back into GT5! 👍

I agree with 150% Homes, let's give it a bash!
But I do think a same car qualifying evening might work to check everyone's ranking and comparative lap times. It'll be fun and you'll get a ranking in the group ( which will make you go for it ) which will make it easier to allocate the guys to a group and a car. We can keep the lap times and if anyone new joins, they must do the qualifying in the same car to check where they fit in the rankings. The winner of each race should get 50kg added to his car for the rest of the championship.. Let's do it!!!!!

Last edited:
I also think we need to have stewards to help you check any incidents after the races so that we can make the racing clean and fair. 3 guys checking the footage before making a decision should make it accurate. Their will be more incidents reported if we're all racing closer together and penalizing bad driving will be very important in keeping the series fun and fair....... but also good hard racing ;)
Driver would be a great steward, I don't mind helping out either Homes :)

Driver 101
ABS on 10 rules....late breaking to the max.

Ok... so what if I sandbag my qualifying in the same car and earn myself a fast DTM???

lol

Maybe it could be based on results from this season.

Oh, yes, I did also mean to mention that in the original post but got a bit carried away getting excited about the next series.

Closer racing will lead to more crashing so it is a very good idea.👍

Maybe we can also run two 20lap races instead of a sprint and a feature. It'll make things less desperate ;)
Also..... maybe we can use the qualifying shoot out ranking positions for the first rounds starting grid order, for both races. That will make the guys more interested in giving there best and not sandbagging :)

i agree with the new dtm stuff, running different pp DTM cars for different drivers should DEFINATLY close the gap. its a case that we do testing to make sure its all fair, and i think we need more people to join, new faces will be good :)

Well, I think we all have pretty good idea about which level of car most drivers should use so we should be able to spot sandbaggers amoungst the regulars quite easily (-100 points to driver for suggesting it LOL) but the quali event should be mostly for the new drivers and should be a series of round-robbin hot laps with a league with a semi-final and final for the top 4.

I could watch and update a spreadsheet to keep track.
So 1 driver leaves the pits and when he gets say 20 seconds around the lap, his rival leaves the pits. Then 20 seconds later the 1st guy from the next match-up goes etc etc. When every driver has raced every other driver we get the final league table and the top 4 do a semi and a final. It could get quite exciting and we would have a great set of fastest laps to work out who gets what car for the championship.

???

I'm keen to cut it short, it's a procession.
Maybe we can get some of the old faces back. Like Skeng, Immortal pilot, Silver, Carbon...... that'll be cool. We can message them and they can start helping us set up a great series :)

worduphomes
Well, I think we all have pretty good idea about which level of car most drivers should use so we should be able to spot sandbaggers amoungst the regulars quite easily (-100 points to driver for suggesting it LOL) but the quali event should be mostly for the new drivers and should be a series of round-robbin hot laps with a league with a semi-final and final for the top 4.

I could watch and update a spreadsheet to keep track.
So 1 driver leaves the pits and when he gets say 20 seconds around the lap, his rival leaves the pits. Then 20 seconds later the 1st guy from the next match-up goes etc etc. When every driver has raced every other driver we get the final league table and the top 4 do a semi and a final. It could get quite exciting and we would have a great set of fastest laps to work out who gets what car for the championship.

???

Great idea Homes, keeping a record will only benefit future series and I think the shoot out will be quite exciting!

Sure you do ....... being 6 seconds a lap faster would give you some inspiration haha ha.
I call for a vote! Vote vote vote vote!

I like everything...

DTM sounds really cool. Homes is in a series now and has good knowledge of the cars.

Lets do it.

Back