Drag Racing Confirmed

• Thread starter The359
  • 339 comments
tabs
I'm not a big fan of drag racing, but that track looks absolutely gorgeous!
Same here but anything that will make me play GT4 even longer as long as its not "street racing" then I will be happy plus I have been waiting since GT2 for this feature.

Egghead
That's the E3 trailer. :)

Edit : strange, i get the e3 trailer and others don't. :/

Edit 6000 : Found it. :D
Yes sorry wrong link, fixed with direct links.

Are two more vids but I don't see yet, now I'm on slow conection.

Ed. The direct links don't work.. :grumpy: , Egghead post the correct urls.

Zarkoff500
The video is pretty nifty. CobraGT was kind enough to send me a copy. As noted above it is from the conference and is about 3 and a half minutes. At about the 2:03 mark you get to see footage of a drag race between some version of Skyline (400R?) and that Trial Celica. The Celica seems to get beaten pretty soundly, but what doesn't make sense is that it looks like it took about 15 seconds for the 1/4 mile. That time should have been at most 13.5 seconds for the Skyline. The video goes on to show some footage of PD gathering info on the Ring.

Where does it say its a quarter mile? It the Las Vega Strip, it could be any length.

Zer0
Ed. The direct links don't work.. :grumpy: , Egghead post the correct urls.

They do over here. Tested with Opera, Firefox AND Explorer. :)

Can't post direct urls to the vids because you need to register blabla.

You could search for Gran Turismo 4 tho, if the urls really don't work for you.

Cobra's a good guy, even if he is retarted. ;) j/p

Wow, that vid was amazing. It looked like a street racer. The graphics are phantastically unbelievable. And they still got work to do. :wow: :eek:

Go to one of the vid links. Click the large "Connect to Download Server" button. This one is tough to find for Germans. :)

Click on the linked "hier" above the two login screens.

First dialog box is your desired username. Next two are double entries of a password, next two are double entries of a real e-mail address (you need a real one.)

You can select your timezone, etc etc, not too necessary since I know you really want to see the vids.

Uncheck the last two checkboxes unless want to get nice e-mails in German.

You should receive an e-mail in less than a second. Click on the first link (Um deine Registrierung abzuschließen, klicke bitte auf folgenden Link: ), which should bring you to a new page which looks suspiciously like a welcome screen, because it is.

Close all that, go back to the original place where you clicked on "Click here to connect to download server." Click that, login with your username and password, and watch movies away.

LaBounti
Where does it say its a quarter mile? It the Las Vega Strip, it could be any length.

It does not say. I am making an assumption that since drag racing is done on a 1/4 corse (timed over 1/4 mile) that this would be the case for drag racing at an American based location. If it was 400m it would be slightly shorter and that would not explain the ET. It could not have been 1000M as it would have taken much longer > 20 seconds. So Labounti you are correct that I/we cannot assume that it is a 1/4 mile race, but what other distance would it be? Suggestions?

Zarkoff500
It does not say. I am making an assumption that since drag racing is done on a 1/4 corse (timed over 1/4 mile) that this would be the case for drag racing at an American based location. If it was 400m it would be slightly shorter and that would not explain the ET. It could not have been 1000M as it would have taken much longer > 20 seconds. So Labounti you are correct that I/we cannot assume that it is a 1/4 mile race, but what other distance would it be? Suggestions?
It is actually 2 replays stuck together. The Skyline is in front of the same blue building before and after the camera cuts to show the Celica for the second time. The amount of time the Skyline is the focus is around 13 seconds, which is about the time it should have on the 1/4 mile.

Yea boiz! Vegas street dragz pwns allz of u!

Okay, apart from the "n00b" comment, I had a chance to see that Prologue video. I didn't keep it because it was a low-res video. But if you ask me, I played a... pretty decent track race in N64 game "RUSH 2: Extreme Racing America," or whatever it's called. There's a lot to see in Sin City. The track seemed incomplete since I thought a circuit race was going to be on Vegas streets. For cars with reflective mapping, can you imagine what kind of color show would be put as the cars zoom around the MGM Grand and stuff? Of course, it would be a good Photo Mode place to take a picture of your car at the MGM Grand before you see a Mike Tyson or Oscar de la Hoya boxing match (Tyson fights next Friday or Saturday).

But it's nice to see this happen. I thought Las Vegas was going to mean the oval track with an infield road course. Okay, gotta go!

Arcticfox
It is actually 2 replays stuck together. The Skyline is in front of the same blue building before and after the camera cuts to show the Celica for the second time. The amount of time the Skyline is the focus is around 13 seconds, which is about the time it should have on the 1/4 mile.

Good eye Arcticfox. I did not notice that and upon a closer look, I see it. It is jumping back and forth from both cars run and basically pausing the car that is not being shown.

I will be adding the GT4 Presentation by KY here on GTP soon, so you guys can all see it. VERY good find!

wyndairn
Go to one of the vid links. Click the large "Connect to Download Server" button. This one is tough to find for Germans. :)

Click on the linked "hier" above the two login screens.

First dialog box is your desired username. Next two are double entries of a password, next two are double entries of a real e-mail address (you need a real one.)

You can select your timezone, etc etc, not too necessary since I know you really want to see the vids.

Uncheck the last two checkboxes unless want to get nice e-mails in German.

You should receive an e-mail in less than a second. Click on the first link (Um deine Registrierung abzuschließen, klicke bitte auf folgenden Link: ), which should bring you to a new page which looks suspiciously like a welcome screen, because it is.

Close all that, go back to the original place where you clicked on "Click here to connect to download server." Click that, login with your username and password, and watch movies away.

Thanks alot for the detailed instructions, much appeciated.

Jordan
I will be adding the GT4 Presentation by KY here on GTP soon, so you guys can all see it. VERY good find!
:ouch: I just sent you a pm to inform you of these but low and behold you snuck your post in while I was typing it up.

If anybody needs some direct links:

PRESENTATION
http://www.giga.de/dl//frame.php?refid=400&fileid=4573&ebene1=57&lang=de
http://195.27.230.47/1090432392/GT4_Praeso.zip

KAZUNORI YAMAUCHI INTERVIEW
http://www.giga.de/dl/frame.php?refid=105&fileid=4572&ebene1=56&lang=de
http://195.27.230.47/1090432342/GT4_interview.zip

RACING ON NURBURGRING
http://www.giga.de/dl/frame.php?refid=105&fileid=4575&ebene1=56&lang=de
http://195.27.230.47/1090432445/GT4_fahrt.zip

EDIT: Ok, the direct links don't work, and just realised what the other posts about direct links not working meant :dunce: Sorry.

JohnBM01
pretty decent track race in N64 game "RUSH 2: Extreme Racing America,"

Ah yes, I remember when that was the only racing game I had, an arcade racer if I ever saw one, but some nice tracks.

Anyway, nice pics and nice finds with the video. Can't wait to drag race with none other than that Chevelle SS (Don't really need to explain why). :D

ALPHA
Yeah, I just happened to see this one, but thanks for the heads-up regardless! :)

EDIT: Wow, 28 downloads already in an hour!

Damn, I can't get any of them to work. Including the one here at GTP. When I click on the link, it reads "Page Not Found." Are any of you getting the same thing? My computer has been not downloading anything right all day!

EDIT: What does work, is clicking above to get the Home page. Then click on GT 4, then videos, if the above link doesn't work.

The Las Vegas strip pics are drooling material. God that looks awesome and pretty much authentic down to the real thing. I wish there was a track for it that would be kinda cool to go down the WHOLE strip or down one of the highways as well. :) Im going to explode once I play this game!@

It looks as if the vegas track will have at least two different purposes - these new pix certainly point to some proper drag racing, but the circuit map from the vegas video (and screen grabs) seem to show a circuit made up of long straights and a few quick corners linked at the top and bottom by 'round-a-bout' type corners like the final turn at New York.

PD seem to like using circuits (or bits of circuits) for different things (ie grand valley, test course, autumn ring and the test track in GT4P)

Arcticfox

I would think a 400hp car would do better than 13secs seeing its an 400R. But its anybody's guess.

Yey, my homecourt, the Strip! The first time I saw a hacked version of the LVS I was thinking that this would be the perfect racetrack for drag racing, but I didn't know that it would be this spectacular. :)

Back