Drag Racing Confirmed

• Thread starter The359
  • 339 comments
TheCracker
It looks as if the vegas track will have at least two different purposes - these new pix certainly point to some proper drag racing, but the circuit map from the vegas video (and screen grabs) seem to show a circuit made up of long straights and a few quick corners linked at the top and bottom by 'round-a-bout' type corners like the final turn at New York.

PD seem to like using circuits (or bits of circuits) for different things (ie grand valley, test course, autumn ring and the test track in GT4P)

It's possible the map that loaded up was from another track. We've seen videos from the hacked games where track maps for the wrong course show up.

I think at one point during the las vegas hacked replay there is a slight curve in the straight, so I think he could be right.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol:

oh my goddess... Gran Turismo 4 = Racing God game of all racing games "drool: To think about it myself, now its going to be like GT4 is going to be a VERY big racing game that will take other racing games to cry for mercy! :embarrassed::embarrassed: Since I can understand how most of us here dont like NFS:U and other games like it, now I can imagine how we can go around and bash on GT's competition :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

We got drag races! Gran turismo have it toooo! :embarrassed::embarrassed: but Better! :embarrassed:
We got track races! Gran Turismo is master at that! :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:
We got drifting! Gran Turismo got it tooo! but more realistic than using another game mechanic to make drifting easier...! :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:
We got body kits, paint job, neon lights! These cars look better than GT4! Yea but you sure dont learn anything from putting on those :embarrassed:

Professional racing game vs Street racing game = Professional racing games will always win because it leads to positive attitudes about all cars and you can learn things from it! :embarrassed: Street racing games will lose because it misleads in concept of tuning and only promote bad driving behaviors such as ones in "The Fast and The Furious" movie series. :embarrassed:

Caution: Dont flame me plz if I hurt someone's feeling if you like NFS:U. Third paragraph is my opinion! :embarrassed: and the little bashing in the middle is from what I from reading info on this board ! Looks like Drag and Drift is gonna be in! :embarrassed: :D And we all know GT4 cant leave out track racing :rolleyes:

FINALLY some drag racing!!!!I was dreaming of that all the time....Ultimate drag race GT-One vs. R390! Fully HP GT-one wins with ease.

i'm not a fan of Drag Racing, but i'm open to having it in as long as its done right.

real performance is measured in the corners, but when you just wanna go all out pedal to the metal then a drag strip is the place to go

Hopefully drag racing will only be an option to race and not needed to proceed as personally I find it boring and prefer to watch real racing. A race should involve speed, power and handling imo, will please the yanks alot though I guess.

I hope there will be also a formal Drag Racing track like "The Strip" at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with the tree, grand stand, and the such.

I dont think these pics where posted before.

102574_1090509885.jpg

102574_1090509894.jpg

102574_1090509975.jpg

102574_1090510003.jpg

This last one look in game visual camera. It's a little bit better than Prologue's (lower)

But anyway... I'm thinking how all these options and new stuff could be in 2 DVDs :lol:

fecking hell, thoes shots are amazing, nice find. That shot of the SRT-4 has a corner behind it, do you think there could be a Vegas strip AND circuit?

wonder if you will be able to to a wheely like in real life... to much power and then boom ... then u got to buy a wheely bar oh man cant wait for this crazyness

live4speed
fecking hell, thoes shots are amazing, nice find. That shot of the SRT-4 has a corner behind it, do you think there could be a Vegas strip AND circuit?

No, i think it will only be a Las Vegas drag strip as written on the billboards. That SRT-4 is probably rolling out (or how do you call it?) after the finish line.

But this screen shows a strange direction of the car??

102574_1090509731.jpg

Back