• Thread starter The359
  • 339 comments
United States
Macungie, PA
The359
102477_1090428088.jpg

102477_1090428100.jpg

102477_1090428118.jpg

It appears the Vegas track is only for drag racing, probably why the cars in the hacked GT4P discs didn't work.

That is a great setup for a drag race, the scenery just looks amazing, very nice find. Is that an old chevy convertible?

Awesome. This will make the game interesting. Now they need to make more tracks from the East Coast in the game.

Screw the West coast. :lol:

I have a vid of the track in motion on my pc but I dont have a host that can host vids so if you want, you can contact me via AIM and I'll give you the vid.

I can't WAIT!!! A drag strip in Vegas. :drool: :drool: I'm never getting any sleep when this game comes out. 359, where did you find those pics?

Well spotted.

Ahh didn't really take much notice of those pics in the 'Ring thread', drag racing eh? Hmm I hope the engines don't sound like sewing machines in GT4.

SCED (SCE Germany) had a press conference at the cinema in the Ring Museum at the Nürburgring.
Kaz presented GT4 - and he had the idea for a game like Gran Turismo already at the age of 15!
500 cars, 80 manufacturer, more than 50 tracks.
- „GT Photo Mode“
- „GT Online Mode“
- „GT Career Simulation Mode“
- „GT Arcade Mode“ on 8 unique racetracks

GT Online Mode:
6 players + chat and a wide menu to build up a community and discuss car related things

GT Photo Mode:
Take pictures at Piazza San Marco, Shibuya, Tsumago, Sagano etc, save them to MC and print it out with a USB printer

Everything bigger better faster more than ever, real life like tracks and backgrounds, more than 5000 polys per car, spectators in 3D...

At the end of the PR event the press were allowed to drive 2 laps on the Ring with a Audi TT (250 hp) and after that the comparison to the PS2 version - very close.
And after that a autocross with a 200 hp Honda (S2000?)

Taken from GranTurismoX.net

excellent news!

Eagle
Uh, perhaps I missed something, where'd this confirmation come from?

C'mon Eagle, don't tell me that you don't see drag racing from those pics? What else could it be?

Edit: Plus the GT Arcade mode on 8 unique tracks?

usernamed
C'mon Eagle, don't tell me that you don't see drag racing from those pics? What else could it be?

Edit: Plus the GT Arcade mode on 8 unique tracks?

...Guess I win "N00b of the Day", didn't pay enough attention to the pics. My bad.

I'm curious about the 8 tracks thing too.

The video is pretty nifty. CobraGT was kind enough to send me a copy. As noted above it is from the conference and is about 3 and a half minutes. At about the 2:10 mark you get to see footage of a drag race between some version of Skyline (400R?) and that Trial Celica. The Celica seems to get beaten pretty soundly, but what doesn't make sense is that it looks like it took about 15 seconds for the 1/4 mile. That time should have been at most 13.5 seconds for the Skyline. The video goes on to show some footage of PD gathering info on the Ring.

Back