Question about arcade mode

• Thread starter lynk26
  • 34 comments
lynk26
lynk26
yea, how come they put a 787B and R390 against my Trueno SS??? im playing arcade mode in hard, and i just cant stay in front. everytime i get close, they either ram me off the road, or just accelerate past me. lol i dont think its very fair to put such overpowered cars against such an underpowered car. my little trueno just cant match up. granted i make a few mistakes, but no ones perfect. lol i just dont think its right to do that. i can beat them on normal, but its near impossible to beat them on hard... does anyone know how they go about picking which cars go up against you in arcade mode?

I've witnessed the same thing. I love that car but never use it on arcade. It must be some kind of glitch. Do you have full mods on the car as that could be a factor?

In Arcade Single Races using your Garage cars, the AI is determined by how much horsepower (or possibly the power/weight ratio) your car has. Full mods? Be prepared to joust with the Big 3...

its stupid though. a 380 hp car against those monsters? like when i raced on trial mountain, i was doing 1:21s and 1:20s, and i was still like 1.5 seconds behind them by the end of the race. this is definately gonna be one of my greatest challenges... them cars are soo cheap though. like that viper gts team oreca. rams into me when i clearly have control of the inside, and sends me flying into the wall... stupid cheap ai....

And there lies the challenge...avoiding the mindless S-Class AI with heavily modded street car ;)

A Trueno against them? That isn't fair at all! I have to agree they are somewhat unfair in the cars they make you race against if you have a fully modded car.

it only states stock HP, the mods are still there. (well publicized glitch)

As No Quarter noted, the AI is judged by what car you enter.

AO

yep. i agree with der alta.

it happened to me also. i was racing those S Class with my Civic Type R!!!
but when i played arcade mode with my RSX Type S (which wasn't modified at all), i was racing those normal FF cars.

Yes.

Board Challenge 2 had a race of 3 laps of Seattle (no touches allowed) in a fully-tuned Honda Integra Type-R. The AI field invariably contained at least one of the TS020/787B/R390, with the odd Zonda LM thrown in for good measure.

Hi,
Welcome to the board. :D

Just to re-state the what everyone else has said... ;)

The hp of your car is the primary factor regarding what cars you will be racing.

I think the magic number is something like 375hp.
Go give it a look and see what happens.
I'm going to do the same and I'll be back shortly with what I find. :D

Till then,
-

Ok, double post I know, but there's good reason for it!

I've just done a ton of testing. :D

It seems we have all been wrong in our thoughts regarding what will control the AI selection.
(well actually, no quarter came close when he mentioned another possibility)

That's right, the PWR is the key factor in deciding your AI competition.

How do I know this you ask? :sly:
Testing of course!
So basically...

5.0 pwr = B class
4.4 pwr - 3.5 pwr = A class (true A class, no rgt, zonda, z06)
3.4 pwr - 3.0 pwr = N1 class (z06, rgt, zonda)
2.9 pwr - 2.1 pwr = JGTC, DTM, Touring (such as the falcon XR8)
2.099 and under = Oreca, Camaro race, Vertigo and the Big 3

This all worked like clock work too.
Right on the money with switches...

The NSX @ 3.020 pwr gave me N1 class racing... At 2.9 I was up against the JGTC and touring cars.

Same for 3.5 and 3.4...
RGT @ 3.509 gave me A class, then at 3.445 I got N1 class!

:D
Hope that helps.

BTW, I did plenty of testing with the same car at different hp/pwr levels, but I also did the same testing with other cars at various hp/pwr levels.

It seems to me that the hp had no magic number for AI switches.
However, when I hit benchmark pwr levels things changed.

Go check it out for yourselves and let me know what your testing ends up showing. :sly:

Later.

Glad to hear that.

It could certainly help all of us create races that are interesting. 👍

If you want to outclass or run right next to the competition the info above will certainly be helpful. 👍

I'm going to take advantage of it in the weeks to come over in the WRS (hopefully).

With any luck I will be able to setup a good clean race with a street car that can still handle well. :mischievous:

hey kent, what do you mean by those 5.0 power things? are they power-weight ratios, or are they HP stats, or what? and how would you know the power of your car?

Yes - they're GT3's Power-to-Weight ratios (although really it's a weight to power ratio, but I only mention this for accuracy and to confuse).

"5.0" means your car is carrying 5kg for every 1hp.

These stats are displayed in your simulation mode garage, car info screen.

i raced at trial again, but this time there was no 787B just the R390. i managed to beat the R390 but by like .3xx seconds or something really close. lol wasnt the prettiest race, and me and that R390 traded paint several times, but i finally managed to win. i took a look at that power to weight ratio, and i was surprised. the Trueno SS has a 1.9 PWR. not bad for that kind of car imo lol.

When ever you use a car from your garage... it doesnt matter what it is the game will always match you up with the best cars in the game because it assumes that all of the cars in your garage are really good... the only way to have a fair race until you get better cars is to race in either class A,B,C,S or R then it will give you cars of the same group to race against instead of the best cars...

1995_eclipse
When ever you use a car from your garage... it doesnt matter what it is the game will always match you up with the best cars in the game because it assumes that all of the cars in your garage are really good... the only way to have a fair race until you get better cars is to race in either class A,B,C,S or R then it will give you cars of the same group to race against instead of the best cars...

So uh, did you happen to read the post I posted above?

I think I made it pretty obvious how it works.

Now, of course it is possible that I could be wrong.
But until someone actually proves me wrong I will have to maintain the idea that I am correct.

Just go check it out for yourself.

Get a car with a pwr over 3.5.
Race in it, then mod it to be under 3.5, I garuntee the competition will change from "A class" cars to "N1 class" cars.
Then tune the car again down to 3.1 or so (just to be sure)... the competition will not change from what it was before when you were under 3.5.

Then once again tune and change it to 2.9 pwr.
You will end up racing against the DTM & JGTC cars.

Then once again tune it to 2.2... It will not change from jgtc competition.

However, go tune agian and get the pwr to 2.0.
Suddenly you will be racing against the 787, R390, gt-one, oreca, c5r, vertigo.. etc...

Go check it out.
I am sure this is how it works since I spent about an hour testing it today.

Trust me. 👍
Then again, if you don't trust me just go try it out.
If you find a way to prove me wrong remember to take notes so I can try to replicate it because if I can't replicate it then there will be a problem.

Good luck. :D

I did... how about you try... use any car from your garage and youll race either a Mazda 787B, Toyota GT ONE or Nissan R390 Race car... but that could be just the PAL version

1995_eclipse
I did... how about you try... use any car from your garage and youll race either a Mazda 787B, Toyota GT ONE or Nissan R390 Race car... but that could be just the PAL version
Why are you doing this?

The theory presented here is well thought out and some effort was made to back it up with numbers. You have not proven anything with your statements trying to discredit it.

1995_eclipse

He already did...for over an hour, and quite extensivilly.

I suggest you go check the "any car from your garage" that you tried, and inspect the power/weight ratios. You'll most like find they all exceed (are below) the threshold that Kent clearly defined.

1995_eclipse
why are you butting in???
He's butting in because you are being proven wrong by someone who's actually done research and his backing his thoughts up with facts, yet you're still giving a lot of attitude.

Attitude is not taken very kindly around here, either by staff or by other decent citizens.

Thanks for sticking up for me fellas...
Same goes for master gt... Thanks for sticking up for him too.

Thing is, I don't think we need to worry about it. :lol:

I don't think eclipse has spent the time that I have on this subject.

When I did my testing it was a nice long process of trying dozens of different car setups.

I still have the original research and I am sure the PWR is the determining factor.
However, I am interested to try using race cars instead of street cars.

So right here in this post I put the reply on pause and went to the game... here are the results...

Corolla Rally @ 4.226 pwr: Clk, vette gs, rx7, stang, impreza sti
Corolla Rally @ 3.494 pwr: Tuscan, griffith, zonda, rgt, z06, esprit
Corolla Rally @ 2.921 pwr: JGTC, DTM

Castrol Supra @ 2.301 pwr: JGTC, DTM
CLK Touring Car @ 2.150 pwr: JGTC, DTM
Castrol Supra @ 2.014 pwr: Big 3, zonda race, oreca
(the 2.0 supra is a stage 1 with bad oil running to the point of full power loss)

So yeah. :P

What do you think?
Is that conclusive or are we going to go running around in circles? :lol:

Also, to be honest, I think eclipse 1995 needs to take a little more time, evaluate his garage cars pwr and then check the arcade races with various levels like I have.

Being something of a student, I am familair with the scientific process... And so I challenge any of you to reproduce my results.

They will speak for themselves. :D

I don't think it would take much to do a proper "write up" of this now.

Two questions:

I've not heard of "N1" cars before, so what are they?

What was the previous theory you mentioned, of how AI cars were picked?

[edit] one more... Can anyone compare this with GT4?

Cheers,

MasterGT

N1 class cars are well...

Over at gt.de they classify the arcade cars for their database... http://www.racing-line.org/login.html

The A class cars have major split.
The RX7, nsx, skyline, evo, etc. are all good but nearly as good as the rgt, vette and tuscan.

So basically they split the cars into A class and N1 class. 👍

Check out the link and it should become clear. :D

Will be back but tonight is not the time for me to post.
Catch you later. :D

Back