Usgp 2005

• Thread starter Blake
  • 503 comments
Omnis
no he couldn't...

the decision was entirely at the hands of the teams and michelin, not the FIA.

Bernie runs F1 if he wanted to re-race or delay it for another 10 weeks he could, as he has done it before.

Ok lets start looking at the possitive side of this, yes there is a positive side.

Now we can see the Race of Ferrari vs. Mercedes. The next GP will be a very good one, i hope:scared:

IA

What a disappointment :mad: .

Me and my dad were looking forward to watching one of the best tracks of the season.

Hey guys, did you hear that guy who traveled form Panama(don't know if that's the
correct spelling).

What a disgust though!

Amen to the guy who lobbed the water bottle. And the guy who chucked the
beer can 👍

*COUGH, COUGH COUGH*

STRANGE INFO

small excerp:

After a winter of curing and settling, the new pavement on the 2.5mile oval at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was finally ready for an Indy car. Planned as a private two day Firestone tire test beginning on Tuesday, drivers including Buddy Rice and Sam Hornish, Jr., would evaluate tires for this years Indianapolis 500. Unfortunately, undisclosed issues arose almost immediately forcing the test to be called off on Tuesday afternoon.

“We don't have anything that's jumping out at us. I think everybody was being a little extra cautious. I think they experienced something they (Firestone Tire) had never seen before and unexpected. At that point in time it's better to go evaluate it than it is to try to run through something that you don't know what's going on,” said Brian Barnhart, Indy Racing League President.

Oh, nevermind... french bashing is fun!

Go Ferrari!!!

jpmontoya
Can I quote you in my sig? This has to be the most brilliant post I've ever read on GTPlanet. Hats off to you sir. :)
Yes of course you can :)
I hope you were not getting the idea that I was offending your tean Ferrari,right? :)
Becaus i don't like people offending my team McLaren because i get very :mad:
about it :lol:

Gerco
This race sohuld give the Ferrari team a boost, cause they are competing for the title again.:sly:

At this rate, Minardi are the ones who should be rubbing their hands together with glee :)

shaunsund
Yes of course you can :)
I hope you were not getting the idea that I was offending your tean Ferrari,right? :)
Becaus i don't like people offending my team McLaren because i get very :mad:
about it :lol:

Is there a bigger font than this for including
[SARCASM][/SARCASM]

tags? Read the rest of the post... Hint: french bashing bit was also sarcsasm. The rest isn't. :)

shaunsund
beer can 👍

report.gif

I refer the fool to the post I made much earlier in the thread.

jpmontoya
Is there a bigger font than this for including
[SARCASM][/SARCASM]

tags? Read the rest of the post... Hint: french bashing bit was also sarcsasm. The rest isn't. :)
Ok, ok calm down, i wasn't taking you that seriously :)

Famine
report.gif

I refer the fool to the post I made much earlier in the thread.
In case you did not know i'm not a fool :mad:
i'm very smart actually :) But the downside is that i actually can act like an idiot most of the time as well :)

shaunsund
beer can 👍

So let me get this straight......

Michelin and the FIA (blame who you like) mess up the Grand Prix.

So the spectators should endanger the lives of the drivers that do race.

I'd love to hit you in the head with a beer can at 180mph+

DQuaN
So let me get this straight......

Michelin and the FIA (blame who you like) mess up the Grand Prix.

So the spectators should endanger the lives of the drivers that do race.

I'd love to hit you in the head with a beer can at 180mph+
I don't want to endanger the drivers lives

shaunsund
In case you did not know i'm not a fool :mad:
i'm very smart actually :) But the downside is that i actually can act like an idiot most of the time as well :)

6 drivers decide to do a race for you anyway. You take your frustration at whoever you think is to blame out on them by throwing missiles at them.

Are you aware that these people are committing a criminal offence? Are you aware that the offence is attempted murder? If one of those obstacles had gone underneath a car at top speed - or hit a driver in the face at considerably less - murder would be exactly what you'd be looking at.

And you're applauding it?

Famine
6 drivers decide to do a race for you anyway. You take your frustration at whoever you think is to blame out on them by throwing missiles at them.

Are you aware that these people are committing a criminal offence? Are you aware that the offence is attempted murder? If one of those obstacles had gone underneath a car at top speed - or hit a driver in the face at considerably less - murder would be exactly what you'd be looking at.

i'm sorry to everyone in this thread and i do apologise to everybody in the
thread for being such a ***** :(

Pity you entered it in the first place with your outrageous claims that throwing full waterbottles and beercans in front of race cars is a good thing.

shaunsund
im exiting this **** thread

Please do. In the meantime, I suggest you have a read through this thread, as that's what you're basically saying.

EDIT: Glad to hear it. Please think before you post.

I can understand why some of the fans threw bottles and cans, but that doesn't mean they should have.

We'll be missing you. :)

[/sarcasm]

To get back to the actual point of this thread... after reading the article from my last (on topic) post, I think Bridgestone/Firestone is actually as much to blame as Michelin, if not more for this screw up.

Famine
Pity you entered it in the first place with your outrageous claims that throwing full waterbottles and beercans in front of race cars is a good thing.
I did say that i apologise. I won't do those stupid replies again

shaunsund
Endanger the lives of the drivers you 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

I think you miss understood my post.

Read it again.

katana87
God already has a sense of humor buy putting 6 men on the race only.
In this case, God = Bernie Eccelstone.

katana87
As for Michelin they are the only ones to blame cause they should have had more time to test their tyres on the circuits. Thanks to Firestone, they are part of Bridestone, they were able to test the tyres when the new pavement was put down.
How could Michelin test at a track in which no open testing date is available? Michelin asked for a reprieve in the interests of safety, and the FIA refused to comply. This, despite every silly FIA rule concocted in the past 12 years has always been in the interests of "safety".

katana87

In the past I have said that Ferrari still have a chance at second or third and some of you said "no thats not possible" :dunce: well look now I hold my head up high and can gladly say they have a shot at being champions.
I case you missed the first twenty (20) pages of posts here, or forgot to watch the race, Ferrari lucked into a win. They haven't won any others all season, although they've had two close 2nd places.

Famine

But seriously, do you believe it has any relevance one way or the other if anyone on these forums either encourage or discourage the throwing of bottles and such? It's not like GTP Forums are a governing body of anyone, and hence any statements made on these forums will have very little impact at all on the behaviour of the spectators. And asking of people to make formal statements as to weather they oppose or support these actions is pretty moot. I believe few here are heads of state in any country, so it's not like it can be regarded as a formal apology on behalf of their "loyal subjects" if you get my meaning...
Now if someone was to come out and state thay did indeed throw a bottle, and would like to make this board a recruiting station for others to also throw bottles, matters would be different. But as it stands, anyone is allowed their own opinion on the subject, as it's all hypothetical for us.

Back