R. MONTOYA McLaren +73 laps
R. VILLENEUVE Sauber +73 laps
R. ZONTA Toyota +73 laps
R. KLIEN Red Bull +73 laps
R. HEIDFELD Williams +73 laps
R. COULTHARD Red Bull +73 laps

Schumi in first position I don't call it strange:P

alech
It looks like Gran Turismo 5 won't need anymore to have more than six cars on the track at the same time.
At least during the F1 championchip ...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thats exactly what was going through my mind yesterday as i watched the race. Just didnt get around to posting

For your own amusement.... :sly:

Also considering I'm from and live in Indianapolis myself. Attending school in Boston

gtscrewed.jpg

And here we go with the blame game.

Michelin now knows the damage done is irreversible. They know Bernie and the FIA have no future business plans with them. The 2008 proposal calls for a single tire manufacture and Michelin now knows they wont be the manufacturer. So now they're going into battle mode. I'd do the same if I was Michelin. Shift the blame to the other guy, and make them look like the only bad guy who's done something wrong.

Things are only going to get more ugly from here.

VashTheStampede
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is going to be no USGP next year. That would be a real shame because the only way F1 is ever going to do anything in the US is through exposure. Oh well . . . I guess we always have CRAPCAR . . . . . . . . . .

Hahaha Crapcar thats a good one but IRL is really boring you just waste 2 hours of your life

i heard a rumor that Nichelin isnt allowed on the next grand prix and they will gonna bee seued or something like that

My conclusions:

Michelin is the only one to blame. The move by teams was more-less logical, but it was their free will. They've could race slower, they've could take another tyres and be penalised, they've could risk, but all they've do was go into pits. It was their choice.

The FIA rules are strict, well-written and very easy understandable. All teams has signed them, and I see no problem.

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but I really can't blame them for nothing. They've raced because they've could, they've won fair race.

It is not FIA's fault too - you can't expect that Federation change the Rules just because some tems has technical problems - making a chicane or some other idiotic idea would be jumping into their own mouth - and more, a scary presedan with possbile big influence to any future event like this.

Michelin is the one and only to blame and that is it.

If the same thing was hapend to Bridgestone, I highly doubt that other teams would agree to proposal of building a chicane or going into pits to "solidarise". It is the one and only fact. Sad one, of course, but very real.

Would have been better if the two Ferraris had taken eachother out after Scummy's pitstop - :lol: :lol:

Actually, it would have been nice if the 6 cars on the track had bothered to race eachother at all, instead of doing 73 Parade laps..... there was a guy on a moped lapping just as fast on the access lane... and he had to stop ten times a lap to pick up beercans!

Then again, racing, in a championship GP at Indy this year, would have made extremely bad business sense in the F1 CIRCUS.

amar212
My conclusions:

Michelin is the only one to blame. The move by teams was more-less logical, but it was their free will. They've could race slower, they've could take another tyres and be penalised, they've could risk, but all they've do was go into pits. It was their choice.

I agreed Michelin is the one to blame. Why the hell do you want to race at slow speed? you race or don't race at all!:ouch:, beside FIA didn't allow Michelin to fly in new tyres for those teams. I think it is very logical the teams made their decision not to raced.

I totally agree with amar212 if the rules aren't adhered to F1 would be the laughing stock of race series everywhere. Just because you didn't have the right shoes to play soccer in the rain or on a wet pitch you want the opposite side to take it easy on you or wear the same shoes as you in order for you to have an equal footing. Absurd!! Your loss is my gain.

amar212
It is not FIA's fault too - you can't expect that Federation change the Rules just because some tems has technical problems - making a chicane or some other idiotic idea would be jumping into their own mouth - and more, a scary presedan with possbile big influence to any future event like this.

Although in fact they HAVE done before and HAVE set a precedent, as jpmontoya pointed out in this very thread.

Technicaly, in 2003. it was pretty much different situation, but I'll sustain from futher discussion, it is very clear we're talking different things here.

I know that races are there for fans, but as for myself - I'd be more then satisfied if I'd had a chance to attend the most bizzare of all F1 races ever. One day, that ticket will have big sentimental value for every true F1 fan.

And it was not boring race, I'd watched it like a "special event brought to you by FIA techincal regulation team", pretty much waiting that Ferraris crash into each other and Minardi and Jordan to win the race, and it had almost happen - so sorry that God has lost his true sense for humor yesterday afternoon.

God already has a sense of humor buy putting 6 men on the race only.:lol:

As for Michelin they are the only ones to blame cause they should have had more time to test their tyres on the circuits. Thanks to Firestone, they are part of Bridestone, they were able to test the tyres when the new pavement was put down.

In the past I have said that Ferrari still have a chance at second or third and some of you said "no thats not possible" :dunce: well look now I hold my head up high and can gladly say they have a shot at being champions.

:mischievous:Ferrari:mischievous:

IA

katana87
god already has a sense of humor buy putting 6 men on the race only

IA

You know, if they made a computer racing game with only 6 cars on the track at any one time, would anyone play it? No.... I mean, how rubbish would that be...? :sly: :sly:

Touring Mars
You know, if they made a computer racing game with only 6 cars on the track at any one time, would anyone play it? No.... I mean, how rubbish would that be...? :sly: :sly:

Look around its a GT4 site or Gran Turismo, they have only six cars to race with and people love the game.

The FIA changes the rules all the time. Year to year, or even mid-season. It's not about the sport for them. It's about them stuffing their allready fat purses. The FIA is nothing more than a bunch of greedy ****s. But sure.... The rules must be adhered to, lest F1 becomes a laughingstock ;-)

Back