Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Mad FinnTuners Co.'s
R32 GT-R Evo 1.

Designed for fast, advanced drivers that have the need to feel the G-Forces, MFT's R32 GT-R Evo 1 is the perfect trackday weapon. Using the best possible parts and hours of patient finetuning, it delivered sub 1'4x.xxx time on Motegi road course, putting it on par with Amuse S2000 GT-1.

Specs:

R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94, 6.2 miler.
509bhp, 581nm of torque
1245kg

sports exhaust, racing computer, turbine kit stage 2, racing brakes, brake balance controller, racing suspension, FC gearbox, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, carbon propeller shaft, adjustable wing, weight reduction stage 3, oil change, R3 tyres

SR: 6.0/9.0
RH: 110/120
DBS: 1/6
DBRS: 8/8
camber: 4.0/3.0
toe: 0/3
Stab 5/2

DF: 30/15
BBC: 3/3

weight balance 50 rear.

gearbox: set as you wish

feel free to test and give comments.

I have another submission.

A good friend of mine is currently building an S13 Silvia to race in Improved Production. You can check out the class at www.ipravic.com.au or www.ipransw.com.au

I have built a virtual copy in GT4, as follows.

Stage 2 NA tune, race exhaust, oil change, race brakes, fully customisable suspension, stage 1 weight reduction, roll cage, no chassis refresh, large single plate clutch, race flywheel, 1.5 way LSD, SM/S2 tyres.

228hp & 1048kg

Initially, he intends to run with no wing and standard gearbox.

Ride height - 100mm
Camber - 4 degrees front & 1 degree rear

Because he is only 85% of the way through the build, he wasn't able to give me settings for springs, dampers or stabilisers, so i am experimenting and am open to suggestions.

I blitzed the Sunday cup and did very well in the FR challenge. The straight line performance is good but the car understeers badly on turn in and is quite well balanced on corner exit. I don't know how to cure this odd problem.

My best time at Tsukuba was 1:08.8

Hey, Torana, for that understeer problem, you may want to consider using the balance (ballast) slider and moving it forward, without ballast, and see if it affects the car in any way. A friend on another GT board recommended doing it with the Protomotors Spirra, and it actually seemed to help. Maybe we're just imagining things and it's a placebo for crappy driving, but it's worth a shot, IMHO.

GT40 MKII youre FGT is briliant it is currently winning me the Supercar Festival! It just annilates everything! At Fujji it even started drifting some how. Oww if I could kiss you I would but I am bloke so I better not or people might get the wrong impression. :)

Here comes sadly some negative comments about your Ford sadly the brakes arent quite stong enough to cope with the high speed to stopping thing and often spins out of control. Take NY as an example it has the speed on the straights to catch them but it just doesnt corner and brake quick enough.

thanks for the comment, i may know what the problem is on the car so thanks for testing it out

1983 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo

200HP Class

This car is fun to drive, it has a bit of understeer but it sure is fun for being 24 years old. The settings right now are pretty good. There is room for improvement, I feel I can get another 1.5 seconds at Tsukuba. But for now this is what I have I will post tweaked settings when I get the car a bit faster. Here it is for now, enjoy!

You can purchase this car in the Historic Showroom.
All parts stock, unless otherwise noted below:
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Port And Polish
Engine Balance
Stage 1 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
S3 Tires
Racing Transmission
Racing Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full Customize LSD
Drive Shaft
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Roll Cage

193HP

Settings:

Settings F/R:
Spring Rate 3.5/6.0
Ride Height 100/115
Shock Bound 8/8
Shock Rebound 8/8
Camber Angle 3.0/1.0
Toe Angle 0/1
Stabilizers 4/4

LSD 9/35/14

Transmission: Auto Set 9

Best Time Around Tsukuba: 1:05.513

I've tested withsonracing's Lancer and managed this time in Tsukuba: 1'04.589 with the settings mentioned above.

Maybe you can tweak a bit the stabilizers to avoid some of the car's understeer.

I really liked it :sly:

Thank you very much for testing out my project. I really appreciate that, I was happy when I found the little car. It seemed to have a bit of potential over the other cars in the 200hp class.

And that is awesome that you blew my time away by nearly 1 second. Maybe we can lessen that time a bit more. I will do what you have talked about. And btw I achieved my time with just a analog controller. I am pretty sure you got a wheel of some sort. Err hopefully I can get one soon!

Take care
Richard

Here's my second entry in this tuning competition. I have built up an exact copy of a car I used to race in the Historic Touring Car class in Australia. You can check us out at www.historictouringcars.com.au

Red Datsun 1600 (Nissan 510).
Stage 2 NA tune
Port & polish
Engine balance
Semi race exhaust
Semi race flywheel
standard gearbox
standard clutch
standard differential (the only difference, in real life i ran a welded 3.9)
standard brakes
race suspension
SM or S2 tyres
roll cage, but no chassis refresh
no weight reduction & 20kg ballast
oil change

This gives 125hp & 950kg which is just what my old car had.

Drop the ride height to minimum (125mm), 7 or 8 on the dampers, 10 on the springs, 4 degrees camber on the front, 2.5 degrees on the rear, 4 on the front sway bar and 2 on the rear. No driver aids!

Of course these settings probably won't give maximum performance, but they match my old car and that was the point of the exercise for me. After driving it last night, i was amazed at how similar it was to the real thing and how many old memories came back. Corner speed is excellent, but acceleration is rather leisurely. :)

Another ride tested. I took your old Datsun to the 'Ring and lapped in 9'3x.xxx (with room for improvement).
Cornering is amazing, even if the speed is not too high... but the car feels a bit bouncy.

I've set the bound/rebound for 7. Might try it with 8 later. I know the point of the exercise, for you, was to match your old car performance and handling, but this one with more power and less weight, would be an even nicer ride. The gear ratios also had to be fixed, because it reaches it's max. speed at 176km/h.

Red Datsun with rally Datsun rims = Fantastic :sly:

Alright guys, how's it coming along? Having any fun with these projects? Good. :D :lol:

I have some buisness with all of you...

I propose we change the structure of this thread.

Change the thread title to "Tuner Garages."

Create a first post directory of Individual Garages.
-Each garage is a link to a post by the garage owner.

Each garage link is a Directory of the cars you have tuned.
-Link the individual post where you presented the tuned car.

This allows all of your cars to be presented in your garage exactly as you would have them.
This also allows you to update your list of tuners without the first post being updated.

Finally, along with this shift from grouped car presentations to garage presentations, we will shift to an open tuning, class-less system.
Now you will be able to tune with any parts for any class you decide there should be. 👍

The one stipulation to all of this...
You have to maintain your garage (single post directory to all of your cars posted in the thread).

What do you all think?
Let me know and if the idea looks good for all of you we will begin gathering links for garages as soon as possible. 👍

Btw, I've got a GTi Mark 5 to submit later (best FF I've ever tuned maybe).

Sounds great! So one of our posts would contain all of our tuned cars?

I think with the garage system, we shouldn't like have rules on hp class. I just think people should filter cars into their own classes, so its more organized and not so out of control. I kind of like trying to replicate real world cars, I havent done one yet. But I am thinking of doing it, so my garage would contain the Real World Remakes category or something.

Great Idea Kent!!! This sounds perfect only thing is im kinda new to the forums so you lost me with the whole linking this page to that page thing so could explain how to do that. Thanks

Welcome to MINICOOPER120's garage:

------100-200HP:

----UK:

--Lotus:

Lotus Europa Special '71: Stats:

-Engine:
Type: L4:DOHC
DIsplacement: 1558cc
Power: 187HP/6500rpm
Torque: 163.97ft.lb/5500rpm
-Dimensions and weight:
Dimensions: 4000x1635x1080
Weight: 708kg
-Chassis:
Drivetrain: MR

-*- We all know how this car can turn on you at any second, so this "race version" was designed to reduce oversteer and keep stability. -*-

------200-300HP:

----ITALY:

--Alfa Romeo:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65: Stats:

-Engine:
Type: L4:DOHC
DIsplacement: 1570cc
Power: 238BHP/6000rpm
Torque: 205.49ft.lb/3000rpm
-Dimensions and weight:
Dimensions: 4080x1580x10\1315
Weight: 677kg
-Chassis:
Drivetrain: FR

-*- Not many people think "Rally Car" when they see an old Alfa Romeo, but if they ever saw this Alfa at the Grand Canyon, it would bring a whole new meaning to the word "Rally" for sure. -*-

------300-400HP:

----ITALY:

--Alfa Romeo:

Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04: Stats:

-Engine:
Type: V6:DOHC
DIsplacement: 3179cc
Power: 336HP/6200rpm
Torque: 300.31ft.lb/4800rpm
-Dimensions and weight:
Dimensions: 4489x1763x1355
Weight: 1347kg
-Chassis:
Drivetrain: FF

-*- Based on the Autodelta Alfa GT, this car sports a completely redesigned chassis and suspension for a ride with as little understeer as possible. -*-

PM me for any suggestions you may have! Tell me a car you want me to tune, or give me a link to a good description of a real life car, so I can make one like that!

Leonidae's Garage

Leonidae's Garage is small, performance oriented tuning shop, that has specialized on small, light and nimble sportscars (althought, there are couple estates and SUV's in the garage as well :D).
Only cars that I don't want to hear about, are Mercs. They're hopelessly overweight, automatic luxo barges that just happen to be fast on straight line ( excluding E190 Evo II ).

Here are my setups this far. List will be updated with revised setups as soon as I can get them ready.

AWD's

Mad FinnTuner Co's R32 GT-R EVO 1 [Grip-setup for circuit racing. Comments are welcome.]

MFT Evo GSR TME [Grippy setup for touge/track driving.]

RWD's

MFT Camaro '69 [Want a tailhappy yankee without ugly wing and easily controlled power? This is it.]

Lotus Elan MFT '62 [If you just want to enjoy of the driving, this is for you.]

Crossfire MFT CS'04 need american sportscar that doesn't suffer from understeer or excessive wheelspin? This is for you.

FF's

MFT Focus ST-R/T want a fast FF, but don't want to go for all out Focus RS or whining Civic type R? This is for you.

MR's

- none yet -

MR-AWD's

- none yet -

RR's

- none yet -

Lotus Europa Special "race edition"
Car: Lotus Europa Special '71
Reccomended color: Lagoon Blue
Settings:
Exhaust: Racing
Racing Chip: None
NA Tuning: Stage 2
Tyre Type: Racing
Front: Medium (R3)
Rear: Medium (R3)
Nitrous: None (you kidding me?)
Turbine Kit: None
Intercooler: None
Supercharger: None
Brakes: Normal
Brake Controller: Equip:
Front: 4
Rear: 17
Suspension: Racing:
Spring Rate:
Front: 4.4
Rear: 6.1
Ride Height:
Front: 105
Rear: 99
Shock (Bound):
Front: 3
Rear: 3
Shock (Rebound):
Front: 9
Rear: 9
Camber Angle:
Front: 2.0
Rear: 3.5
Toe Angle:
Front: 2
Rear: -2
Stabilizers:
Front: 3
Rear: 5
Transmission: Full Customize*
Clutch: Triple-plate
Flywheel: Racing
Carbon Driveshaft: None
Driving Aids:
ASM (Oversteer): 0
ASM (Understeer): 0
TCS: 0
Downforce: (Reccomended wing: Type AB**)
Front:15
Rear:30
Limited-Slip: Full Customize:
Initial Torque: 50
Limited-slip Acceleration: 15
Limited-slip Deceleration: 50
AYC Controller: None
Variable Center Diff: Standard
Weight Balance:
Balast Weight: 0
Front Rear Balance: 0

Notes:

*I put the final drive to full, then the autoset to 1. Then I adjusted the final drive gear to match the track. IT doesn't really matter what you put here, depending on the track you are racing it on.

**As much as I would rather keep the wing off of it, it is just too unstable on certain parts of the 'Ring.

You should purchase weight reduction stage 1 and roll cage.

So, I hope you enjoy it, but I'm no expert on car setups yet. I may come back and add pics, as well as tweak the setup a bit...

How do you make a link to a single post, and how do you make the single post in the first place? Thanks.

xjr-9

Post your car and then copy the link in the up right corner, next to the "red check": Post #xxx

Copy this link and paste it in your garage post, along with you car designation.

Lotus Elan MFT '62

Power: 210bhp
Torque: 263nm

Racing exhaust, racing computer, S1 tyres, turbo stage 2, racing brakes, brake controller, racing suspension, FC gearbox, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, carbon propeller shaft, weight reduction stg3, port polish, engine balancing, oil change, 1-way LSD

SR: 2.5/5.0
RH: 90/95
DBS: 4/4
DBRS: 8/8
Camber: 3.0/2.0
Toe: 0/3
Stab: 3/5

BBC: 5/3

AIDS: I always say no to aids. I always use proper rubber to prevent accidents.

transmission: set as you wish

This car beats S2000's stock. Imagine what it can do now when it's tuned! this setup is suitable for grip and drift, but if you really weant to enjoy about long, easily controlled drifts, N-class tyres are recommended. Please, try it out and leave comments.

I'm still busy on gathering image and video material, I want to make this one post a good one 👍 If it's not up today, it will be shortly :D

Kent I drove your Honda today and congrats. Piccys will be up on my gallery sduring the week of it strutting its stuff.

Back