How can I beat GT Championship?

• Thread starter Shift
  • 158 comments
It's being at the right point in game time to get them though, thats the only problem. I've got 3 of the 4, I'm waiting for the cycle to come round again to get the last one.

live4speed
It's being at the right point in game time to get them though, thats the only problem. I've got 3 of the 4, I'm waiting for the cycle to come round again to get the last one.

just working on some of those One Make Races and then come back to buy the last one.

The Pescaralo C60 Judd (playstation version) will EASILY beat it with racing mediums in front, with (racing) hards in back, and with a level 4 turbo for safety, will BLOW away competition on test trackj with 30-40 MPH faster, and B-spec will easily beat every other race, got 100 points on b-spec with it.

Im not sure why people have so much trouble with this series. I was trying with the Gillet Vertigo, it absolutely sucked, and I wasnt having any luck with the CLK GTR either. The best cars to use are the LMP's or Le Mans Prototype for thos who keep asking. The JGTC cars are alrite, but you need to spend too much money, and its just not worth it. If you're gonna go and start spending big money on every car u can find, its probably best to go with the Pescarolo's. They seem to be the quickest round the track of the AI, and they have incredible tyre wear. The easiest way to do this, is like most people have said, win the El Capitan endurance race and get the Minolta. Leave it stock and you should blitz the competition. If you cant win in an LMP, ur not gonna win in anything, except maybe a Formula GT... Oh and the Sauber can be won in the Formula GT event in Extreme.

Finished the GT World Championship in Professional Events last week.

Used the Black Mazda 787B, stock settings, no driving aids, stock medium racing tires. Oil change. All set. :)

Close but fun and very doable. It wasn't my best driving either (made so many stupid mistakes :grumpy: ).

But you can easily win. Might have trouble on the tighter courses like Hong Kong and Opera Paris. You will easily pull on the Minolta (it's not that fast really). Remember to pit (every 9 laps or so - depending on the track). Likely have to 2 stop every race. You can try to drive on red tires but you'll coast through every turn - step on the gas once, you're spinning. Take the wrong line on red tires, you're spinning. Just pit with the AI.

EDIT: No need to pit at all on La Sarthe. Go full out. Attack from Lap 1 to 4. Your tires will be fine.

UPDATE to Post #56:

For any of you interested in actually RACING with the Group C Cars in lieu of ANNIHILATING them...the full report of the XANAVI Skyline vs the Fast Guys has been posted HERE: NOT as close as I'd hoped but a Fun Series none the less! ...O.G. :D

:grumpy: worst moment since I got GT4 :grumpy:

Just completed and won the last race series in profesional events. Got my cash, got my prize car, watched the ending video ( did not even know there was one ). Went to extreme events and entered ride like the wind. Then the game froze. Damn this game and damn this wasted day.:mischievous: guess I will turn autosave all time back on, why the hell did the game not save when I got the prize car. :sly: all is not lost, lessons learned and car that can win that series is in my garage. Hope some decent mulla and prize cars can be won in the extreme events.

Sti04
LMP = Le Man Prototype. Plus i don't think you can buy Nissan R89 in the dealer shop.
You can't buy it. Instead, you'll need to do the impossible: finish Missions 30-34.

And what do we Australians get from La Sarthe I if not the R8?

w00t Ive won the GT championship finally!!!!!! A big thanks to 787B!!! thats what I call a GT car lol... anyway this car was awesome i love it.. it was my favorite car in GT3... i have even won the Fuji1000KM event can u believve it guys?? :D i have finally got the nissan R92C too ^___^

thanks ALL for ur help..

Shift
w00t Ive won the GT championship finally!!!!!! A big thanks to 787B!!! thats what I call a GT car lol... anyway this car was awesome i love it.. it was my favorite car in GT3... i have even won the Fuji1000KM event can u believve it guys?? :D i have finally got the nissan R92C too ^___^

thanks ALL for ur help..

Congrats! 👍

doing the series right now... tho it'll take 2-3 weeks as i dont play much.

my car... well I had 4700cr to spend but decided why the hell fork out all that cash on a new LMP when you can get one 2nd hand? so i bought a black LMP and gave it an oil change and super hard tires...
first race i stayed in 3rd till everyone pitted and cruised to a long long win.... I tride b-specing it but my driver sux :P

ving
doing the series right now... tho it'll take 2-3 weeks as i dont play much.

my car... well I had 4700cr to spend but decided why the hell fork out all that cash on a new LMP when you can get one 2nd hand? so i bought a black LMP and gave it an oil change and super hard tires...
first race i stayed in 3rd till everyone pitted and cruised to a long long win.... I tride b-specing it but my driver sux :P

Well... which black LMP did you pick up?

shaunsund
True say. HP isn't everything cornering is the essential key point to win most of the
GT World Championship races.
I won the Laguna Seca 200 miles in a 370hp M3 CSL against the 550hp Saleen S7 - Yes cornering makes a big difference.

jdw
Ewwww.... :yuck:

Are you ummm... uhh... a glutton for punishment? :dopey:

Small tip: Not sure if you already noticed, but the 390s dowforce isn't maxed out when you get it.
lol! thnx for the encouragement :P

yeah i went and teaked all the settings :)

Ugh ... if you think the GTWC is hard, wait until Extreme Hall. The AI seems to have imporved a thousand-fold, and they seem to learn as they race. Using my awesome Pescarolo-Judd LMP in the All-Stars Championship I can crush them like bugs at High Speed Ring Reverse and Fuji '80s, but come Laguna they blow me away. It's no better in the Real Circuit Tours either - even on Motegi Road and La Sarthe (which I know intimately) I'm hard-pressed to keep third place!

In fact, the only races I've won in Extreme Hall were the Dream Car Championship (the AI was a joke for the entire series [seriously an RSC Rally Raid car?] excpet for one Zonda) and Like the Wind, which I only won because of my audacious decision to run the last three laps on my rims because the tyres were shot.

So the GTWC isn't that bad.

Do you race?
Ugh ... if you think the GTWC is hard, wait until Extreme Hall. The AI seems to have imporved a thousand-fold, and they seem to learn as they race. Using my awesome Pescarolo-Judd LMP in the All-Stars Championship I can crush them like bugs at High Speed Ring Reverse and Fuji '80s, but come Laguna they blow me away.
Hiya Do you race?:
If you're having trouble winning with the Peskie at the All-Stars Championship I suspect it might be a "Tuning" issue. Check HERE: Posts ##5, 20, 25, 26 & 31 may give you some insight.
GOOD LUCK!...O.G. :D

Do you race?
Ugh ... if you think the GTWC is hard, wait until Extreme Hall. The AI seems to have imporved a thousand-fold, and they seem to learn as they race. Using my awesome Pescarolo-Judd LMP in the All-Stars Championship I can crush them like bugs at High Speed Ring Reverse and Fuji '80s, but come Laguna they blow me away. It's no better in the Real Circuit Tours either - even on Motegi Road and La Sarthe (which I know intimately) I'm hard-pressed to keep third place!

So the GTWC isn't that bad.

I see this and I can't help but ask a simple question. Did you change your tires?

See, the AI uses R1s in GTWC, R3s in All Stars and R4s in Real Circuits.

So, if YOU used the same tires in All Stars as you did in GTWC it would certainly be more difficult. Personally, I think Real Circuits is fun but it's a joke because the AI has to pit in about half the races. Go against the MOST difficult lineup you can at Nurburgring in Real Circuits and watch what happens. Make sure to save the replay :lol:

Funny thing is... the Toyota 7 went from being the laughing stock (I lapped it in TWO different tracks) in All Stars to a real threat in Circuits because it could conserve it's tires. I would beware the 787B as well.

jdw
Personally, I think Real Circuits is fun but it's a joke because the AI has to pit in about half the races. Go against the MOST difficult lineup you can at Nurburgring in Real Circuits and watch what happens. Make sure to save the replay :lol:
Absolutely, I ran the series several times with the Corvette C5R, Zonda LM, even once in a Tom's Castrol Supra with Turbo of course. With the strongest lineup, sans the Toyota you mentioned, I could take 2nd fairly easy, but only win over the main AI by saving tires and not pitting.
You're so right about Nurburgring. The last time I ran it, I was using the Vette and came around one particular corner about 3/4 track, and the R92 was in the middle of the track facing me, the Sauber was in a field of grass to my left and the R390 was creeping back on the track. This all happened at the same corner. I was quite surprised. :lol:

JParker

ving

The R390 rules! It eats GTWC, It consumes Extreme hall and it destroys enduros at 200pts a pop, it's fat, it's ugly and it's by far my favourite LM car. Out of my way little peskies!

I think I found the best car possible to easily win the GT Championship. The Playstation Peskie fully modded. I've won with several other cars, but the Peskie is absolutely awesome. I won Tokyo in A-spec by about 30 seconds after starting in last place. I didn't even touch the Nitro once. It just sips at the tires. I got 10 laps out of the tires easily at Tokyo and I used Soft Fronts and Medium Rear tires. So much grip and it just ran away from the field. It's like driving a Cadillac. Torque up the wazoo. I was up against cars such as the Minolta Toyota and Sauber Mercedes. They didn't stand a chance. You can't lose with this car.

I also used the Peskie at Sarthe II 24 hr. in B-spec and it just destroyed the competition. I had it geared to run 250 mph under A-spec and in B-spec it ran at 235 mph. It flew away from other cars down the straight. One thing I noted was that it ran out of fuel faster than it went through tires. I think it got about 7 laps before it ran out of fuel and the tires were still a little green (Medium Fronts and Hard Rears). I'm going to use a stage 3 turbo to see if I can get more laps out of it by using less fuel. The tire wear on this car is so conservative for the amount of hp it puts out. The Playstation Peskie may turn out to be my favorite LMP after I run it at a few other races.

I actually found the GT all stars and real circuit tours easier than the GT world series, any of the LMP's can win all the races with thoes cars in them, the challenge is to use cars in a class below and win.

live4speed
I actually found the GT all stars and real circuit tours easier than the GT world series, any of the LMP's can win all the races with thoes cars in them, the challenge is to use cars in a class below and win.
👍👍👍 ...O.G. :D

Oh goodie.. I have even won the Fuji endurance race.. and the other one race where u get the Formula GT '04 :D im improving im improving in this game!! :DD lol

does anyone knows which of the black best cars to chose? i have thought about the R92C.. but the 787B is good too.. :\

Shift
Oh goodie.. I have even won the Fuji endurance race.. and the other one race where u get the Formula GT '04 :D im improving im improving in this game!! :DD lol

does anyone knows which of the black best cars to chose? i have thought about the R92C.. but the 787B is good too.. :\

Why don't you get all 4 of them. I never drive any of them but I just have to have them. :dopey:

The used car line up changes every 7 days, if you buy one on the 7th day the line up will have changed after the purchase, if you buy one after the other starting on the first day they show up you'll have time to buy all 4.

Back