GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Has anyone else seen this? :lol:

Screenshot2010-10-19at12822PM.png

But look on the bright side, there's no way that it can be as bad as the song that SCEA chose for the retrospective trailer

I honestly think its right there with it. Both are hidious and in no way relate to Gran Turismo in mood or lyrics (Seriously, worst lyrics I've ever heard).

Given SCEA's history with picking songs no one should be surprised. It wasn't like they were going to something awesome like picking Radar Love as the intro song.

oh man, this MCR news makes me more sad than the news of GT5 being pushed back... my gosh!! They have a lot of explicit lyrics in their music & that's not the kind of music I picture when I think of this beautiful game.. :(

zod
Define "good" 👎
I really hope that's not true ...and if it is, I only hope that it fits the video at least.

Good as in interesting. I've already come to the conclusion that the US won't get a decent intro song after "Panama", unless they take a survey. I don't believe MCR could make a good song for GT5 either, but considering they've apparently changed their music style to less gothic/punk, I'd like to see what the song sounds like. Again, I'm interested, but still thinks whoever's in charge should take a survey for GT6.

Wow, after the whole delay thing I was expecting some good news.. And then GameStop posts nothing but a wallpaper and an MCR song is the intro song. Way to kill the hype...
Oh well. Next week will probably be better.

Given SCEA's history with picking songs no one should be surprised. It wasn't like they were going to something awesome like picking Radar Love as the intro song.

"I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel" na na na na na na 👍

Anyway, I don't see the hate for song which isn't available yet.

They're known for making songs that are classified as emo, so that worries people. That's not exactly a genre of music that you think of when you think of driving music. But as Steph290 said, they've supposedly changed their sound so it's best to wait and see.

I think this is the best choice SCEA made for a GT intro:

They haven't topped themselves ever since (Though the Cardigans and chemical brothers are tied for very close 2nd) and apparently, don't intend on doing so this time around.

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen this? :lol:

Screenshot2010-10-19at12822PM.png

👍 :lol:

I will bet that the announcement of the release date will happen within the next 100 pages of this thread, before we reach the 2000 mark.

We are almost there guys... a little more wait despite the recent push back...

Hopefully it will make it for Thanksgiving this year...

it will be a warm warm at home over this holiday season, fighting to play the game :P

What if the next announcement Kaz to make is: "the game is available now as we speak... "

That would be awesome... i would basically call in sick and run out of my work right away :P

Regarding Game Stop Weekly Surprise:
I think Game stop put a hold on their Turismo Tuesday, since everyone was waiting for the Nov 2 release.
Games stop had plan to count down week by week with those treats for us...

But now that it has been pushed out further without a date, Gamestop does not have enough material to show us
week after week... i guess they are holding on the remaining surprises and will resume when the same amount of weeks left comes around again...

Last edited:
I think this is the best choice SCEA made for ta GT intro:

[YOUTBE]AoVlSZlbEoM&[/media]

They haven't topped themselves ever since (Though the Cardigans and chemical brothers are tied for very close 2nd) and apparently, don't intend on doing so this time around.

I didn't really care that song too much. Although the ending song (also done by Lenny) is actually really good

Obviously wouldn't work for the intro movie but that fits really well with the ending montage for some reason.

Anybody know where there is a full GT4/GTPSP car list with pictures? I wanna see what cars will be in GT5 with the images to look at :).

Guessing somebody somewhere has compiled all of them?

I actually watched a clip on YouTube of that new My Chemical Romance track ( don't blame me, didn't knew them ).......
Really, really wish I hadn't, time spend I'll never get back...did hear a lot of 'sorry' in those lyrics, might be a reason.
I know there is one official video for "Na Na Na" on YouTube, but I don't know about "Panetary (Go!)". I'm hoping that video there is a fake as many people have posted hate comments. Let's just wait and see...

What if the next announcement Kaz to make is: "the game is available now as we speak... "

Immediately, CNN will report news of multiple deaths caused by people desperatly trying to get GT5.

"I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel" na na na na na na 👍

I thought you were singing Roy Orbison's 'I drove All Night' for a moment - haha! As much as I like that song and as odd as it would be in the GT5 intro, I think I'd prefer the Big O to My Chemical Romance.

Immediately, CNN will report news of multiple deaths caused by people desperatly trying to get GT5.

Can you imagine? If GT5 was out there sat on the shelves... I think GTPlanet would become a ghost town while we all burst out the front door!

Last edited:
The GT2 intro with "My favourite game" (and the remix) still ranks as the best IMO (after every other JPN intro :P).

The GT1 intro without Moon over the Castle is so not epic... the GT3 had a better transition between the slow part and the action part in both versions (PAL and US) and the music wasn't "bad".

Now GT4 on the other hand, that was just SCEA and SCEE trolling man :|
The music was quite good, but the transition between MotC and "Panama"\"Reason is treason" is just plain weird. SCEA\SCEE\PD could have made a better intro if they edited it to rely just on the rock tracks, not mixing the orchestra part.

The video on YouTube for Planetary (GO) is absolutely fake. It's not even a song by MCR. It's 'will you ever learn' by a banned named Typecast.

That's what I figured. I was a punk/rock fan back in high school, and I know that doesn't sound like them. Also if that was the new song, there will be a lot of disgruntled GT fans raging hell upon the SCEA.

I remember watching an early GT intro with a friend and us both trying to imagine in-game graphics with the CGI standards of the time in future iterations of Gran Turismo; GT5 far-surpases them. Where did the time go? :)

Back