Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'v only done one "online race" that needed a pit stop. I practice in 40 to 60+ minute stints. Are there designated pit laps?

Nope.

Also RT, you should put the mandatory stop rule in huge text somewhere.

Going to do that in the race info post tonight, but I'll bolt the OP just in case.

Edit: Page 100.

Added steward section above the news in the OP.

Last edited:
Wow, quiet today. Anymore practice developments?

lapierre cracked into the 13's.
think outlaw got his pb down to 14.3
i'm into 14.6

being able to do consistent 14's seems to be target. really not possible for someone to run away if you stay under 15. but once you get a 3-5s gap and the draft is gone and it's almost impossible to come back without mistakes.

Just found out tonight that the internet at our new place will be hooked up on Saturday. So my chances of making the race just went up a bit. Hopefully I can get fully moved in by Sunday so that I can find the time to race.

And what's up with these super fast people crashing our practice sessions but not singing up for the series?

lapierre cracked into the 13's.
think outlaw got his pb down to 14.3
i'm into 14.6

being able to do consistent 14's seems to be target. really not possible for someone to run away if you stay under 15. but once you get a 3-5s gap and the draft is gone and it's almost impossible to come back without mistakes.
Pretty much anyone that can run low 15s can stay with the leaders with the draft. If two can pull away from the rest, it's better to leapfrog on the straights and stay behind the leader heading down to the last chicane to avoid hurting each other.

As for tips, first the map:

N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix_Stecke.png

T1 - Get the wheel straight before you brake. Any steering input will significant increase your braking distance as I've personally learned. If side by side, the one on the inside will likely be on the outside battling for position at the next corner. A downshift to 1st might be necessary if you end up going too fast, otherwise, leave it on 2nd and use the brakes to do a four wheel drift to clear the corner cleanly.

T2 - If possible, go all the way right and then jam that wheel and release the throttle just enough to clear the corner. In race conditions, I don't recommend this as someone will likely stick their nose inside.

T3 - Hug that corner like a loved one to prepare for T4. I use 2nd gear for better rotation through the corner. Use partial throttle to keep the car from understeering.

T4 - If you did T3 correctly, this can be taken at near or full throttle. Otherwise, lift for a moment to get the nose pointed correctly and then hit the throttle. The key is to use as little steering input as possible to avoid scrubbing off speed.

T5 - Full throttle

T6 & T7 - Wardez's approach works for qualifying but I'm not fond of it in race conditions as it leaves the inside too open at T7. If you can get the car at least to the middle of the track for T7, you can trailbrake there and still hold your position.

T8 - Ideally, drift up half a lane on entry and cut in to minimize steering input on exit to avoid wheelspin. Unfortunately, in race conditions, someone will likely stick their nose on the inside so staying tucked inside is preferable. That will mean the car's rear may get loose on exit so be careful with throttle application. I prefer 2nd gear but this corner can also be done with 3rd gear.

T9 & 10 - Full throttle. Only caution is T9 on Lap 1 behind someone. My car gets pushy and I have to crank extra wheel in it. Not sure if anyone else has that issue.

T11 - Very tricky corner because doing it wrong messes up your line for T12. Ideally, you want two wheels on the green strip on the left on entry and avoid going wide on exit to quickly line up to the left. Note that unless the car in front of you really botched T8, passing here is not recommended.

T12 - Personally, I'm still struggling here. I tap the brakes and tug the wheel off throttle until the nose is pointed in the right direction before applying 80-100% throttle depending on the line I have. If you keep going off on exit, sacrificing some extra speed on entry may be your best option. Wardez's tip is the best way around although too often, the car refuses to cut in at all and I end up a lane up.

T13 - Full throttle.

T14 & T15 - All I can say is that I don't like this corner. Too much area to cut and sometimes, that's the only option to take if going two-wide there. Honestly, I wouldn't even attempt a pass here in race conditions and instead wait until the front stretch.

T16 - What a dog. The pit wall makes me hesitate getting too close to the apex and I've seen various lines used by different drivers so I would say this is a no passing zone unless it's the last lap. I've seen some drivers use 3rd but that makes my car push very badly so I use 2nd and then back to 3rd after hitting the apex.

Last edited:
Outlaw, your post is a treasure! Thanks, I am still struggling quite a bit with the track since I haven't been able to make it to a practice room in the past couple of days. Hopefully in the next two days I'll get some practice time on track with the Aliens. Thanks a lot!

Looks like you have a good few dozen pages to read through Cowboy. Good luck.

But really, it's way too much to some up in a few posts. Check the news section in the OP.

Hey guys I finally got my Internet back, anything new?

I need a photo of your car to make your driver graphic. Check out everyone else's in the second post of this thread so you know what I'm looking for. Keep in mind once you submit your photo, you cannot change your colors.

R1600Turbo
I need a photo of your car to make your driver graphic. Check out everyone else's in the second post of this thread so you know what I'm looking for. Keep in mind once you submit your photo, you cannot change your colors.

I might get on that tomorrow :D

Great stuff 👍

Allowing us to enable mics for the race? Also, were there any resevres to look out for still?

Great stuff 👍

Allowing us to enable mics for the race? Also, were there any resevres to look out for still?

Says no mics in the race notes there at the bottom. ;)

And none for now, should be pretty full. 👍

Wow, quiet today. Anymore practice developments?

Oh ya. I sure do. Realized I had been practicing with tire wear off in my online lounge. I thought the car was just REALLY good on tires. :lol:
My tires are back into the 16's, maybe high 15's. Booourns.

Great stuff 👍

Won't that increase lag?

Mmm, still don't know about it causing lag really. I was just asking because I knew what it said on the race notes but in the op but in the one post about the race it said for every one to turn their mics off, implying that the room would have them enabled but it was mandatory to keep them muted.

Dunno :dunce:👍

Rooms with mics enabled always go downhill imo. Doesn't seem to matter even if nobody's talking, like part of bandwidth is gone, reserved for any mics that may show up.:lol: Seriously though.

Still have had zero practice in this car/combo!!! NO GT5 in like 7 days now!!! Ahhh!!! I'm checking like every HOUR to see if/when my power comes on....

Divisions 2 and 3 might be able to get away with mics allowed, but I wouldn't risk it.

Divison 1 is definitely a no, as it's clearly the most "international"

Well I have to say, even though I am still 1-2 seconds a lap off, I am feeling much more comfortable going into Sundays opener. Got a chance to follow lapierre and outlaw around for a bit, thanks guys:tup: helped me out quite a bit. My consistency has improved greatly, my times are starting to come down, and I finally don't feel like a noob with the wheel. I did notice I have been laying tracks and smoking my....... front tires, which I never knew was possible, well, because it wasn't with the ds3. So I am going to have to work on that, since this car chews the front tires as it is.

Also, Wardez, your write up helped me out too, keep em coming. !!!!👍

I have had disconnections in mic enabled rooms, while non mic rooms I have yet to be disconnected. It decreases chance of disconnections, at least on my experience. As for lag, cant tell. Dont remember experiencing it.

Ok, let's try this again...

I see one of those, which works. However that color is very close to mine and Forcednduckshn's. Possible to change it?

It's weird how there are so many paint possibilities in the game yet everyone picks the same colors. :lol:

Yeah, there's so little variation in the orange/yellow part of the paint spectrum though. Granted Imola Orange Pearl is the best one, so everyone gravitates there. ;)

If he switches it to the Atomic Orange off the ZR1 that would probably do, as that one is is a bit more on the red-end but still pops nicely.

He's in Division 2 with both of us too, so that color isn't going to work. Hate to make him do all that over again though.

Hey, I was just thinking, could the best lap times of each division be posted with the race results? Maybe total time for the winners to?

I see one of those, which works. However that color is very close to mine and Forcednduckshn's. Possible to change it?

It's weird how there are so many paint possibilities in the game yet everyone picks the same colors. :lol:

Haha that's fine, I don't mind changing it. I'll take a look at the pics you've already done from our division and pick something different. I won't be able to do until tomorrow morning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back