Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Bugs though:
- Usually -5 or -4 corner sharpness makes it actually as sharp as +5 (old)

To me it seems intentional.

Through each extreme the system will either soften all corners, sharpen all corners, make one half sharp and the other soft or vice versa. It's actually giving users more variety of corners depending on complexity i.e. more complex courses may not be able to reproduce all corner types in a section.

Really don't think this is a bug.

corner sharpness setting is pretty straightforward. -5 = smooth +5 = sharp. I don't think it should work that way.

Its definately not as straight forward as it could be, but it does serve a specific purpose (the sharpness settings).

I'm not aware or ANY other way of getting certain corners than when the sharpness does this "thing" (going to the opposite extreme). Its possible to make an "S" curve, or a section with 2 or more corners into a half sharp, half gently curving section.

Rather than calling this a bug I would just describe it as one of the Course Makers quirky ways.

I would really miss this feature if it were changed.

Do you think it's a slight physics change or Force Feedback only? My car which I use to race online from 2.02 to 2.03 feels like it likes to understeer more.

I felt the same as I raced some cars today. There is more understeer now and the steering is less direct. I don't like the new feel. I use a DS3, so I think its not a change in the force feedback settings...

There is also another thing I would like to address about the replay cameras. It looks as if some of the cameras have the same weird "snap" behavior as the new 3rd person cam. If the view changes between two cameras the second one looks a bit in front of your car and then suddenly snaps to it. It happens in the blink of an eye but looks really strange and artificial. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Didn't see this mentioned yet, so maybe I'm alone in this, but I've had the game freeze 3 times on me now since the 2.03 update. Once while selecting the 650pp Indy - Road Course B-Spec Seasonal from the menu, and the other two times during the race for that same seasonal. My PS3 has never crashed before the 2.03 update.

Its definately not as straight forward as it could be, but it does serve a specific purpose (the sharpness settings).

I'm not aware or ANY other way of getting certain corners than when the sharpness does this "thing" (going to the opposite extreme). Its possible to make an "S" curve, or a section with 2 or more corners into a half sharp, half gently curving section.

Rather than calling this a bug I would just describe it as one of the Course Makers quirky ways.

I would really miss this feature if it were changed.
I used to hate how it changed the entire layout, but now, I have to agree with you.

Didn't see this mentioned yet, so maybe I'm alone in this, but I've had the game freeze 3 times on me now since the 2.03 update. Once while selecting the 650pp Indy - Road Course B-Spec Seasonal from the menu, and the other two times during the race for that same seasonal. My PS3 has never crashed before the 2.03 update.
That's been pointed out more than a few times before. It's happened twice to me already, but one time it happened in a strange/new way to my game.

I've had an instance where my game would freeze while watching a saved replay on Route X.

I can't seem to replicate it, but I do remember changing the view to another player. As soon as it reloaded the race it froze.

Not to sure if these are bugs or maybe just 1st signs my install of GT5 is going a bit screwy. So need others for confirmation.

SS:RX. If you try to take photo's far outside of the track boundaries, you are rewarded with a completely blacked out picture.

Problem since 2.02. Spa weather change on arcade. As soon as you change the default weather, issues regarding missing textures streaming. Sometimes you are literally driving on thin air. Pressing pause you can then see the detail loading....Slowly

Problem is not repeated in arcade using default weather or any other gaming modes

Although I didnt intend on doing this the response to this discussion has been good so going to post all online bugs that I know of.

1. The huge bug everyone knows about with lap times.
2. Slow loading bar before a hang up when you enter a online trial/single race/seasonal race or joining a lounge. Quiting the game required.
3.During a online race countdown you hear the noise but a black screen til the race starts. Lag possible here but generally I don't lag on any other games.
4. People can't hear/see everybody in the lounge but not always both.
5. Track options unavailable to room leader until a reset by switching damage on and off etc.
6.Random lounge disconnects especially when joining a room. Again I have them more often recently and people entering my lounge seem to get booted right away much more frequently.
7. Comments box appears in a seasonal trial where your temporary rank or next lap invalid message comes up but no text appears. This also happens while driving in a lounge you have people enter/leave but no text appears.
8. During practice drivers names are missing. You see the number and a empty box but with no name.
9A. Black screen after a seasonal race or leaving a lounge. Requires reset of the game but usually not the system.
9B.More serious then 9A the game and system can really freeze requiring system reset when you leave a room. It can happen on the red box as if you were still in the lobby or right when you get back to the open lobby menu.
10. Very very long lock ups or even total freezes have also happened when going through your garage in a lounge. Usually quitting the game works for me on this one and the system doesnt reset.
11. Freeze when you choose to start a seasonal race. Usually a black screen with a all white Gran Turismo 5 logo on the bottom right pops up. You acessed tuning/driving options okay and entered the track fine prior.
12. Mic chat in rough shape at times when I am positive all people have all good internet connections so not sure its always lag.
13. I saw a few people report this and I have a feeling it may be data corruption but just in case on occasion loading a track or lounge makes the system shut down when finished loading.
14. People in lounge sometimes dont have the yellow circle next to their coffee cup.
15. Lounge leader can sometimes start a race in the pits and be left off the grid.
16. Qualyfying seems to be flawed using fastest to slowest. Lineup not always correct.
17. Paint icons can be wrong at times comapred to actual color of rivals car.
18. Black screen when the race starts. There is no activity usually until one person leaves the room. Aften the the race tends to start as normal.
19. Coundown for the race to start sometimes goes to 0 then goes back up usually to ten.
20. Tire screech sometimes goes away in lounge.
21. Most likely someone else lagging but very slow to purchase parts/tune for a car in lounge.
22. This one is unlikely to be fixed but high speed spinouts at tracks like Daytona it is near impossible to judge where the rivals car really is as it starts lagging across the screen which causes many accidents.

Problem since 2.02. Spa weather change on arcade. As soon as you change the default weather, issues regarding missing textures streaming. Sometimes you are literally driving on thin air. Pressing pause you can then see the detail loading....Slowly

Problem is not repeated in arcade using default weather or any other gaming modes

Since 2.02 :

I can confirm driving on thin air in Nurb 24H in a Cusco Impreza '08 (Premium), Arcade Mode with 16 other cars, Daytime heavy rain weather, 100% track moisture, lots of spray.

Not fast enough to snap a screen because the track textures continue to load even when you pause the race, just loading slightly slower. Seems like a memory size and data loading issue. The disc is spotless.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I can't load the game properly most of the time and then, after multiple tries, it'll act like there's nothing wrong. I bought a new disc and that hasn't helped. It's always possible it's my PS3 but other games seem to work without an issue, and it started when version 2.03 was released. Has anybody else had this happen?

I got following problem:
Well I created 1 day lounge and now I cant change name of it.
2nd problem with my lounge is: When I created it I put 2 can take part of it that cant be changed either.
Normaly when you create lounge there comes setup where you can change track,Lounge name,how many can take part..etc..?
But now it goes straight to lounge what i made last time.
Or did I miss something?

Last edited:
I dont know if this has been noticed by others or if it was a one-time event, but the colour swatches for the RUF CTR 2 are mixed up. the blue is actually green and the green is actually blue...

The snapping camera happens to me sometimes at the first tight right turn in trial mountain. Maybe it's preventing your view clipping through the wall slightly?

Mercgoat that's awesome list. Can you tell me if these are problems before 2.0.3 or some of them are confirmed still exist.

About paint chips color. They are sometimes way off but when you create material for 3D you use not only one color. There are seperate colors for every aspect of shader. I don';t know how to explain it but with my knowledge about it sometimes base color of material is very different than final efect with shaders.

I'll try to update list tommorow as I'm sick and still have to work and as you can imagine I'm not very productive right now :/

Thank you guys for all bug reports :)

I got following problem:
Well I created 1 day lounge and now I cant change name of it.
2nd problem with my lounge is: When I created it I put 2 can take part of it that cant be changed either.
Normaly when you create lounge there comes setup where you can change track,Lounge name,how many can take part..etc..?
But now it goes straight to lounge what i made last time.
Or did I miss something?

You're only asked those options when opening our lounge for the first time after an update. If you want to change them after that, when you're on the GTLife screen you will see the "settings" icon towards the lower left of the screen (icon is a gear/sprocket). Click on that and there will be an option for "lounge settings" and from there you can change the name and how many people can be in the room. You will always have to change it from that screen from then on (until the next update and then you will be given these options the first time you open your lounge, but only the first time after an update).

You're only asked those options when opening our lounge for the first time after an update. If you want to change them after that, when you're on the GTLife screen you will see the "settings" icon towards the lower left of the screen (icon is a gear/sprocket). Click on that and there will be an option for "lounge settings" and from there you can change the name and how many people can be in the room. You will always have to change it from that screen from then on (until the next update and then you will be given these options the first time you open your lounge, but only the first time after an update).

Thanks for answer 👍

I don't know if this one has been documented yet, but I recently took the Citroën GT Concept (the hydrogen ran one) on the SS Route X track.

After two laps at almost 400kph the batteries ran out and the car slowed down. And of course, once it is stopped, if you go full throttle, it won't go very far before it slows down again.

However I found out that if you keep the throttle level under 50% (use the road-level cam and use the little bar in the middle), then the car will accelerate fairly quickly. I reached 220kph that way, but then the low level throttle prevents you from going any quicker. I don't think a car without batteries is supposed to run at such speeds :dopey:

Abraxas as much as I hate to admit I have had seen most issues listed happen recently (post 2.03)

Added linear notes to help you. Feel better!

1. The huge bug everyone knows about with lap times. (Covered)
2. Slow loading bar before a hang up when you enter a online trial/single race/seasonal race or joining a lounge. Quiting the game required. (Happens usually when I go from one friends room to another but not always. Last happened two nights ago)
3.During a online race countdown you hear the noise but a black screen til the race starts. Lag possible here but generally I don't lag on any other games. (Happened once or twice post 2.03)
4. People can't hear/see everybody in the lounge but not always both. (Not had this problem personally but it has happened to friends this week. Usually happens when I have multiple countries in my room. Aussie can't see Canadian etc but not always).
5. Track options unavailable to room leader until a reset by switching damage on and off etc. (Happens once a night or so not a big deal but still...)
6.Random lounge disconnects especially when joining a room. Again I have them more often recently and people entering my lounge seem to get booted right away much more frequently. (I get disconnected once in a room and racing very rarely. Maybe once a week. Sometimes the whole room crashes with me sometimes not. People joining and leaving before they got in is very common though.)
7. Comments box appears in a seasonal trial where your temporary rank or next lap invalid message comes up but no text appears. This also happens while driving in a lounge you have people enter/leave but no text appears. (Happened once or twice since 2.03)
8. During practice drivers names are missing. You see the number and a empty box but with no name. (Very common)
9A. Black screen after a seasonal race or leaving a lounge. Requires reset of the game but usually not the system. (Still happening but not common. Maybe twice since 2.03)
9B.More serious then 9A the game and system can really freeze requiring system reset when you leave a room. It can happen on the red box as if you were still in the lobby or right when you get back to the open lobby menu. (Not as common as 9A had it happen when I got back to open lobby a few days ago. Was not happy)
10. Very very long lock ups or even total freezes have also happened when going through your garage in a lounge. Usually quitting the game works for me on this one and the system doesnt reset. (Happened in anothers lounge a few days ago. Didnt freeze but took 3-4 minutes for car to load)
11. Freeze when you choose to start a seasonal race. Usually a black screen with a all white Gran Turismo 5 logo on the bottom right pops up. You acessed tuning/driving options okay and entered the track fine prior. (Happened once since 2.03 in a seasonal race)
12. Mic chat in rough shape at times when I am positive all people have all good internet connections so not sure its always lag. (2-3 lounges since 2.03 have had my mic cutting out)
13. I saw a few people report this and I have a feeling it may be data corruption but just in case on occasion loading a track or lounge makes the system shut down when finished loading. (Again most likely corruption hold off for now)
14. People in lounge sometimes dont have the yellow circle next to their coffee cup. (One friend I race with a lot shows up 50% of the time roughly. From the same area too.)
15. Lounge leader can sometimes start a race in the pits and be left off the grid. (Heard recent reports. No one I race with though)
16. Qualyfying seems to be flawed using fastest to slowest. Lineup not always correct. (This is common)
17. Paint icons can be wrong at times comapred to actual color of rivals car. (Reading what you said I mean driver x will have a white car but with a black chip and driver y has a black car with a white chip)
18. Black screen when the race starts. There is no activity usually until one person leaves the room. Aften the the race tends to start as normal. (More common since 2.03)
19. Coundown for the race to start sometimes goes to 0 then goes back up usually to ten. (More common since 2.03)
20. Tire screech sometimes goes away in lounge. (One person in a room recently reported this)
21. Most likely someone else lagging but very slow to purchase parts/tune for a car in lounge. (Happened once since 2.03 on my end)
22. This one is unlikely to be fixed but high speed spinouts at tracks like Daytona it is near impossible to judge where the rivals car really is as it starts lagging across the screen which causes many accidents. (In since day 1)

Last edited:
Got one more. I have a HUGE bone to pick with light penalties online. In just one race this happened

1. I lightly clipped a car that broke earlier then I thought and I got a penalty and they did not. This one I guess is fair but in comparison to a car that slammed into me very hard from the back and I got a penalty and they did not.
2. I took a corner a little fast but still made it well. My car turned ghost anyway and a car passed that never should have.
3. A car went for a kamizaze pass in a corner and crashed into my back left corner getting me loose and I got a ramming penalty not them.
4. A car overdrove a chicance by a lot and stopped in the middle of the track. When I even slightly overdrive a corner I instantly turn ghost but he did not and I hit him as it was a narrow track and no where to go. I got a penalty and he of course did not.
5. Let alone people that live to drive dirty enjoy using this as they know how to hit/crash you and give you the penalty which just goes beyond how pathetic, unfair, and broken light penalties are.

Mercgoat you are simply awesome. I've edited list with most of your reports. Also added my own 2 and one "feature" to changelog. Really appreciate your help guys.

Sorry for delay.

^^ I can confirm. I hosted a lounge and with only a couple other guys in room, I lost tire squeal noise.. We were all in Infinity G20 cars (standard). I HATE that bug, makes driving fast more difficult. They didn't lose tire squeal sound. Problem never goes away till you quit.

Good job with the list! This list is going great.

I got two more unless there is a reson for them....

The sambabus mid turbo gives more power and pp then the high. Also since the new VW bug uses the same motor I need to go check that one too.

The HPA motorsports car has a very small amount of power at the start of the race/coming out of the pits online at least with a high turbo. I know high turbo can kill the lower rpm range but it shouldnt be this bad. Try it to see what I am talking about could use some feedback.

Last edited:
BWX

^^ I can confirm. I hosted a lounge and with only a couple other guys in room, I lost tire squeal noise.. We were all in Infinity G20 cars (standard). I HATE that bug, makes driving fast more difficult. They didn't lose tire squeal sound. Problem never goes away till you quit.

Happened to me a couple of times also, a bit annoying.

Or maybe I could just update first post and create google to copy older versions there? What you think about that?

I think there is a rim issue also, i buyed wheels for 2 standard cars, then bought dirt tyres to go offroading with them (wich changes the wheels and gives them the old standard rims as dirt tyres are smaller).

But when i changed the wheels afterwards back to the sport tyres (with the rims i bought), the standard wheel stayed on the car, didnt change back to the rim i bought altough you could see the car with the rim in the miniature picture.

Anyone else had this? Now i have to fork out another 3500 credits...

I think there is a rim issue also, i buyed wheels for 2 standard cars, then bought dirt tyres to go offroading with them (wich changes the wheels and gives them the old standard rims as dirt tyres are smaller).

But when i changed the wheels afterwards back to the sport tyres (with the rims i bought), the standard wheel stayed on the car, didnt change back to the rim i bought altough you could see the car with the rim in the miniature picture.

Anyone else had this? Now i have to fork out another 3500 credits...

Well, you do play GT4 have choose tires for rims change?

Don't know if this can be considered a bug, but when you put the ProdriveGC rims on the Impreza RM Car, the whole wheel is a lot smaller.

b1xuG.jpg

Not a bug. On premium cars, some wheels have different sizes (diameter).
I wish we had the same system as in Midnight Club LA, though...

Back