Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
As an extensive user of this feature why do people think this is a bug?

Really don't think this is a bug.

Agreed. I go on the course maker for a few rounds at least everytime I come on GT5, and I know 100% that the corner sharpness at -5 has been in the game since day one...

Tried B-Spec Spa and I see no difference.

About course maker. Ok, I can understand layout change as with changing sharp/smooth setting checkpoints move. But corner sharpness setting is pretty straightforward. -5 = smooth +5 = sharp. I don't think it should work that way.

Another old bug or actually a mistake in car data since GT4.
The weight of 1988 Volvo 240 Glt Estate in the game is 1890 kg / 4166 lbs
although in reality it should have curb weight of about 1390 kg / 3064 lbs.
1890 kg is the max gross weight for this car so PD probably just got the wrong data in wrong place...

I'm certain that online free run mileage counts towards total distance now, I might be wrong but I know I haven't driven 300 miles today in online racing only.

Has there always been an option for "Left/ Right View" in Button Assignments?

Yes, I believe so.

OP: Thank you! I'm not the most responsible person, and so of course I neglected my 2.02 thread and let it die. But I was secretly hoping that the concept would catch on, and that people like you would host and manage their own changelogs and whatnot for each update.

Even better, you've taken my format and made it a lot more organized and readable!

Thanks again so very much, and I'll be sure to let you know if I notice any bugs :)

I'm certain that online free run mileage counts towards total distance now, I might be wrong but I know I haven't driven 300 miles today in online racing only.
Can anyone say something more about this? I don't race online very often and can't tell if this is something new.

Has there always been an option for "Left/ Right View" in Button Assignments?
100% sure it's there for loooong time. I like to look around in cocpit view :)

The 2012 GTR gearbox is still slow and horrid. It doesnt creep nor shift fast as GTr '07. I thought the GTR was a car PD would pay extra attention to
Problem is GT doesn't simulate launch control. Maybe GTR 12 is like that when you have LC off.

About incorrect weight of some cars. For now I know about VW Bug 66', Volvo Estate and Lister Storm, but I have no info on correct vs GT5 weight in the last one. Can anybody provide some info on Lister?

Iwonder if it was supposed to be that way. Maybe old Prius act like this in real life?

I had that thought briefly, too, but that would be the only CVT-gearbox I've ever heard of that would work like that. It basically renders the car undriveable.

Imagine you want to overtake a vehicle and suddenly the engine bounces off the limiter while driving 100 km/h with an automatic transmission.

I don't have now time to check that car (luckly I bought one yesterday :) ).
Some cars do bounce off the limiter even with auto (Cougar for example). If it's not while driving in last gear it's for sure odd.

After reading this comment last night I tested it out for myself and I can confirm that free run mileage in an online room does NOT add mileage to your car. I took the new Lambo out (0 miles on it) for about 5 laps around Tsukuba last night and when I checked the odometer afterwards it had 0 miles on it. I did not, however, check my profile's total miles driven and I just realized that's probably what you were talking about. So, another test is in order.

BrandonW77 thank you for your help :)
OSE_CAP_SHADOW I added that video to the list yesterday

Users report third person view camera is skipping moving left/right in various conditions. Yeah I ran into that trying to do an endurance race today. after an hour I quit. it messed me up too much

Jumps frames quite badly and gets progressively worse through endurance race.....started noticing it about 30 minutes into 4 hour Tsukuba endurance, after 50 minutes the level of frame jumping/skipping became unbearable and I changed cameras.......happens on each of the four 180 degree bends on this circuit.....

But didn't have any problems on the latest seasonals using chase cam however these were only 3,3 & 5 lap races.......

Does it move, animate, change colours? That's cool either way. :eek: Where can it be found? I'm not sure which corner that is.

I didn't move. It didn't change color. It just sat there in the sky.

I took the photo on the straightaway just after the first group of corners. The straightaway just after the first small hill that causes you to jump. The straightaway ends with a shallow turn left into a u-turn with a large sand-trap run off on the corner. I turned the car halfway around to be able to see it. It went from one side of the sky to the other basically.

I hope the description was helpful enough to figure out where it was taken.

There another one, take the Nissan Leaf, paint it.. when it moves toward the painting section...it have an engine sound... the same sound with all the cars actually....

Not sure if you can call it a bug, but it is possible to race Route-X in online without the purchase of the "Track Pack 2".

A while ago, a sudden decrease in online racers at Spa, made me aware off the blocking out people who did not buy the track. So I assumed that I wouldn't be able to race online at Route-X, as I didn't buy the track.
Yet, not a problem to join, watch and race the new track.

I haven't seen anybody mentioning this, and not sure if it's worth a new thread, so people can try before buy.

A known issue that hasn't been patched yet is the ability to change cars without affecting the Changes/Miles Driven/Wins record.

When looking at your car list, press triangle on the selected car then select 'change car'.

This means this it is possible to modify cars without affecting the 'Changes' statistic.

An online bug that has been around for some time:

Sometimes it can take around 3 minutes for an online race to start.

When the 40 second countdown to indicate the start of the race finishes, the screen goes black for a long period of time. The track and cars eventually load, but there is no '3, 2, 1' countdown. The race starts immediately without a countdown.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the AI seem to have taken a turn for the worse? They seem to be bumping into me all the time now.

Also shadows seem worse, or maybe it's just on the test track.

Another thing I just noticed is how the exhaust changes on the car as you upgrade it! I'm sure that has been in from the start but I didn't notice it until now. :dunce:

Can anyone say something more about this? I don't race online very often and can't tell if this is something new.

100% sure it's there for loooong time. I like to look around in cocpit view :)

Problem is GT doesn't simulate launch control. Maybe GTR 12 is like that when you have LC off.

About incorrect weight of some cars. For now I know about VW Bug 66', Volvo Estate and Lister Storm, but I have no info on correct vs GT5 weight in the last one. Can anybody provide some info on Lister?

Launch control has nothing to do with how the car shifts. The gearbox behaves like a manual for the first two gears. Dual clutches shift fast and smoothly.

I think the Nameless Jaguar DLC paint chip should be added to the bugs and the horrible sound bug in Kyoto - Gion in Photo mode. Every time I take a car into Kyoto Gion its got a really loud glitch sound like a Diesel engine idle.

There is a huge bug with the Cebrera Speed 12 when de-tuning or tuning the PP. It's all messed up and the values of the PP increase greatly as you detune the car let it be by power limiting it or weight reduction or downforce, etc.

Another old bug or actually a mistake in car data since GT4.
The weight of 1988 Volvo 240 Glt Estate in the game is 1890 kg / 4166 lbs
although in reality it should have curb weight of about 1390 kg / 3064 lbs.
1890 kg is the max gross weight for this car so PD probably just got the wrong data in wrong place...

There's another thread that deals with cars and their incorrect specs: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193920&highlight=specifications (btw the Volvo has already been mentioned)

@Abraxas-As these cars have incorrect specifications, they should be included as an 'issue' Polyphony needs to fix (to ensure realism)

Last edited:
I'm aware of that thread and I'll link it in main post and focus on bugs not related with cars specifications (only descriptions). Give me some time guys. I was skiing whole weekend. I'll update our list today.
As for nameless chip I don't think it's a bug. It's just a chip without any name.

Ok. List updated.

I have 2 Cerberas Speed 12 (tuned and stock) and no problems with PP while tuning/detuning.

Wrong specifications won't appear on this list, I think Toronados thread is way better for this. Link here should suffice.

Thank you for all help. I'll tweet Kaz with this list tommorow morning.

Tracks and course maker
  • Nurburgring Nordschleife: A colorful line sometimes appears starting from the middle of Caracciola Karussell ("The Carousel") and ending about 200m later. This issue is not always reproducible, but has been reported by multiple users. (image by mercgoat)

I haven't seen this since the last update. Before I used to see that pretty often. Anyone seen that since the update...?

Back