PURE | JGTS2-Congratulations to champions tony1311 and team Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 4,065 comments
Pre-season race copy and paste sign up sheet.
Sunday October 14th -
Sunday - 18.00 UTC | 10.00 Pacific Standard Time | Monday - 5.00 Australian Eastern Standard Time

Indy Road Course - 100km, 24 laps.
Grand Valley Speedway - 100km, 20 laps.

1. Wardez - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97
2. R1600Turbo - Nissan XAVANI NISMO Z
3. MULE_9242 - Nissan Yellowhat YMS GT-R
4. joshua1994 - Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
5. WiiFreak - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97
6. SubaruWRC555 - MOTUL Autech GT-R '08
7. tony1311 - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
8. CSLACR - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
9. DA6righthand - DENSO SARD SC430 '08
10. PureGT_Kevin - DENSO SARD sc430 '08
11. GTP_Welsh-Bain - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
12. OwensRacing - Honda Weider HSV-010 '10
13. chorda - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
14. outlaw4rc - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
15. GTP_Aderrrm - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
16. GTP_ealirendur - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
17. GV27 - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA
18. TDZdave - CALSONIC GTR/ BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
19. Johnkiller2 - Xanavi GT-R
20. H_enry_T - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA
21. Dr_Watson - Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
22. Litchi - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
23. SkengDigi - Calsonic GTR / Castrol Supra / HSV
24. Josh_F - Nissan Yellowhat YMS GT-R
25. cam_from_nj - Motul Autech GT R/ Xanavi Nismo GT R
26. paulmac2k9 - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
27. panoz38 - Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
28. plc2563- Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R

Will make the first maybe both races. What track are we running first?

Sunday October 14th -
Sunday - 18.00 UTC | 10.00 Pacific Standard Time | Monday - 5.00 Australian Eastern Standard Time

29. Paginas - Nissan yellowhat GTR

Sunday October 14th -

29. Paginas - Nissan yellowhat GTR
30. GTP_Padded_Cell - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z / Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA

bL6wC.png

Pre-season race briefing
●

Sunday October 14th -
Sunday - 18.00 UTC | 11.00 Pacific Daylight Time | Monday - 5.00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time

Indy Road Course - 100km, 24 +1 formation laps.
Grand Valley Speedway - 100km, 20 +1 formation laps.

Qualifying order will be sorted by championship finishing position in season 1 for returning drivers, then alphabetically for new drivers in each room.

If total number of drivers doesn't exceed 22, the rooms will be split in two. All regulations are the same as real races. Pits are not mandatory.

Woke up from my sweet sweet slumber to update the thread with room & host assignments, a short race briefing, and a small timetable for the event.

Instead of sorting the room in sign-up order, we decided to do it ourselves depending on what cars you all picked. But still remember you're free to use a different car, and you can either use the car you selected in the first or second race, just try to keep it somewhat even based off of what every one else does. Chances are, most people will not change anyway.

But the main ideas behind this pre-season race is to get as many people from different levels racing each other to raise confidence, for the drivers to really see if they like their initial car choices, and for us to see how well our new 1.5 specifications play out over a real race. All you need to remember is, besides the regulations of course (which you should go over a couple times and ask questions so you're absolutely sure you comprehend them all), all full racing settings will be in effect, that means heavy damage, track boundaries, and etiquette. If anyone needs to report a race incident simply PM either me or Denilson.
After that, just remember to keep it fair and have fun as always!

Room assignments ●

Room A - hosted by Litchi (GTP_Litchi) -

WiiFreak - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97
H_enry_T - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA
GTP_Welsh-Bain - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
GTP_Padded_Cell - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
Dr_Watson - Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
DA6righthand - DENSO SARD SC430 '08
PureGT_Kevin - DENSO SARD sc430 '08
OwensRacing - Honda Weider HSV-010 '10
GTP_ealirendur - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
paulmac2k9 - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
cam_from_nj - Motul Autech GT R
Johnkiller2 - Xanavi GT-R
Litchi - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
SkengDigi - Calsonic GTR
Paginas - Nissan yellowhat GTR

Room B - hosted by Wardez (Wardez)

Wardez - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97
GV27 - Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA
R1600Turbo - Nissan XAVANI NISMO Z
outlaw4rc - Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
joshua1994 - Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
TDZdave - BANDAI DIREZZA SC430
SubaruWRC555 - DENSO DENSO SC430
panoz38 - Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
tony1311 - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
GTP_Aderrrm - Honda weider HSV-010 '10
CSLACR - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
chorda - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
MULE_9242 - Nissan Yellowhat YMS GT-R
Josh_F - Nissan Yellowhat YMS GT-R

Track notes ●
Track boundaries for all races in JGTS 2 are universally defined as follows:
two tires must remain in contact with the tarmac racing surface at all times and within white-line course boundaries. The preceding defines the "track." Curbing/rumble strips, hard surfaces beyond white lines such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track.

This rule is, of course, also pertinent to both regular season qualifying and the group qualifying to be held especially for the pre-season event. And this also applies to marked pit lane entry and exit lines. Do not cross them.

Indy road course:
The lay of the land in the Brickyard is fairly straight forward with well defined course boundaries.
It is legal to cross the long white line exiting from turn 12 onto the oval section on the left.
The turn eleven right hander has a concrete patch which you must be very careful not to over run. Don't use too much curbing there at the risk of cutting.

Grand Valley Speedway:
It's easy to go a little crazy going through the turn 5 kink trying to hit it flat out so be careful not to take too much of that large patch-curb.
Same goes for the large concrete patches starting after turn 7 and those on exit of the "S" turn 14/15.
On the exit of turn 12 going onto the bridge, there is a white road marker on the racing line to the left; you may cross this line legally.

Race format ●
All main regulations in this race will be the same as in the regular season, so in order to familiarize yourself with the process on pre-season raceday.
This includes race restart rules in case people are having connection or hosts are having room problems, exercise the same patience you would for a regular season championship race.Please read through the entire original post of this thread and post questions sooner rather than later in order to clear up any confusion.

Qualifying will be conducted differently to the regular season. For the pre-season race, a 15 minute group qualifying session before each of the two races. Ultimate grid placement is not important in the pre-season, we want to focus on clean racing and getting good clean races between as many drivers as possible to get a good result for us to easily evaluate in order to make sure everything we've set is working well. Competition is secondary at the moment, keep that in mind.

Once the rooms open there will be 40 minutes of practice/warm-up. We recommend you finalize all tuning settings during practice as you won't be allowed to back up into the settings after inspections are complete and qualifying is under way. We also suggest you set up your cars in "race trim" mostly meaning setting up your transmissions for the draft (recommended top speeds: Indy - 205mph/330kph GVS - 196/315kph).

Room hosts will call all drivers off-track around 20 minutes before the start of the race, the track will be reset, then drivers will be called out on track one at a time for machine specification inspections. Please do not chat during inspections.

Qualifying will be done with standard race room settings. This means collisions will be on. Some people may get faster laps because of the draft. Although we don't encourage this, as
we said before, competition is secondary - this is an experimental event.
Before qualifying begins, the room host will set the number of race laps then the race to automatically start after 15 minutes. Then the host will join track to begin their qualifying run.

Any drivers that are booted during qualifying for any reason will not be allowed to rejoin qualifying and must start at the back by joining the track before the race automatically begins and being sure not to set any laps. Cars that missed qualifying (and during the regular season; if they were booted after checks were completed) will be inspected on conclusion of the race. If multiple drivers were booted, they will simply be sorted at the back however the game decides to do it.

Once the race countdown completes, every one must stay still on the grid. Wait for the pole position leader to start rolling. The race grid Then follow all of the rules posted for formation laps in the first post of this thread.

Time table ●
Click on this link to view the exact green flag/race start time in your timezone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=JGTS+2+pre-season+event&iso=20121014T18

17.00 UTC - Rooms will open, hosts will post room numbers in this thread. Room numbers will be posted in the original post of this thread for reference.

Race 1:
17.00 to 17.35 UTC - Free practice
17.35 - inspections
17.45 - qualifying begins
18.00 - race automatically begins

Race 2:
19.??
15 minutes of free practice
10 minutes for inspections
15 minutes of qualifying beings
race begins automatically

Host notes:
Be sure to collect all results and save the replay to post in the forums.

Machine inspections:
All cars will be "inspected" before races. This means the host will set the room regulations (pp,power,weight) to each car's specification and have them enter track one at a time. Any cars that can not enter are at the wrong spec. Drivers must alter their cars in order to be able to join the track or they can not race. The Honda HSV has unique specifications and thus, a different inspection process. The HSVs will be checked separately, and before all of the other cars.

Host inspection guide ●

Procedure -
Reset track. All cars must be off track, in the lobby, check for the wrench icon denoting drivers changing settings. Advise drivers to not speak or go into settings and commence inspections. If any drivers go into settings during checks, they must be restarted. All cars will be inspected at the same time, excepting the Honda HSV which is going to utilize a reverse power and weight check. As opposed to regular inspections, HSVs with proper and legal specifications will be ejected from the track and sent back into the lobby, illegal cars will stay on track. Before checks begin, set the number of laps or any other required race settings.

HSV check procedure:
1. PP is checked first at 597pp
2. Call all HSVs onto the track itself. Be sure they are actually driving on track and not sitting in the pits. This is to ensure the cars are being "ejected" to the lobby by the game and not the drivers backing out manually.
3. Set power and weight to 522hp - 1100kg
4. Set power and weight to 512hp - 1100kg
5. All legal cars must be ejected into the lobby.
6. Set power and weight to 522hp - 1100kg
7. Set power and weight to 522hp - 1110kg
8. All legal cars must be ejected into the lobby.

Proceed inspection to the rest of the field. HSV drivers must sit tight in the lobby while the rest of the field is inspected. They will be called onto the track lastly to start the race. Ensure no HSV driver goes into settings.

Performance point checks are conducted first.
Set the room to the following PP, then call cars to sit in their pit stalls, in this order:
1. 607pp
Motul, *Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08*
2. 608pp
Calsonic, *Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08*
YMS, *Nissan Yellowhat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08*
Xanavi, *Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08*
3. 610pp
Densos, *Lexus DENSO SARD SC430 '08*
Petronas, *Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08*
4. 612pp
Bandai, *Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06*
5. 615pp
Supras, *Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97*
Zs, *Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z*

Following performance point checks are power and weight checks.
Set the room to the following settings, then call cars to track, in this order:
1. 502hp - 1100kg
Zs, *Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z*
2. 512hp - 1100kg
Calsonic, *Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08*
YMS, *Nissan Yellowhat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08*
Xanavi, *Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08*
Densos, *Lexus DENSO SARD SC430 '08*
Petronas, *Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08*
3. 522hp - 1100kg
Bandai, *Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06*
4. 522hp - 1130kg
Motul, *Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08*
5. 522hp - 1150kg
Supras, *Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97*
6. Call all HSVs to track.
HSVs, *Honda weider HSV-010 '10*

Last edited:
I'm nervous. Only because I'm not 100% sure I've got specs down on HSV. We will find out shortly. I'm sure i got a grasp on it though.

:)

Other HSV lucky bastardos may be thinking the same exact thing!

So go ahead and ask and we'll clear it up here meow.

how many hours until the room opens?

If you read the "Time table" section of the race briefing you'll see for yourself.

But the rooms will be opening at the latest by 1 hour and 41 minutes from the time of this post.

Although rooms may be open before that.

From the OP:

Read the entire race briefing please! This is so you can get your room assignment and learn the procedures for the day. Link here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=7711800#post7711800

Room A host - Litchi - room number:
1472 - 6118 - 3615 - 5263 - 9425

Room B host - Wardez - room number:

1472 - 6399 - 8580 - 0415 - 4798

You must be in the room at least 30 minutes before the race time.
Countdown to greenflag/race start:

img.php

Last edited:
See what happens when you try to be funny Paul?

;)

The spec. sheet in the OP's correct.

Hmm on 99.3PL it's 513 and only can have 88DFs... I thought it was 90 DFs? I got 33, 55.

Pit stop mandatory ?

Please read the entire race briefing. Your answer, and most to any other questions, is there.

Hmm on 99.3PL it's 513 and only can have 88DFs... I thought it was 90 DFs? I got 33, 55.

There's no set amount of combined DF points, it's all about getting to at least 514hp and 597pp. Change your HSV's PL to 99.4 and adjust downforce and you'll be good.

Last edited:
Please read the entire race briefing. Your answer, and most to any other questions, is there
I can't find it myself Ed, been wondering the same thing. I imagine GVS might require one though, Idk.

There's no set amount of combined DF points, it's all about getting to at least 514hp and 597pp. Change your HSV's PL to 99.4 and adjust downforce and you'll be good.
This. Depending where your aero is set of course.

For reference, at Indy I liked 40/48 aero, GVS more like 36/52.

Says in the quoted text pits are not mandatory :).

I can't find it myself Ed, been wondering the same thing. I imagine GVS might require one though, Idk.

Yes, as Paul so rightly pointed out :D

It's right in the quoted portion at the top of the briefing 👍.

Sunday October 14th -
Sunday - 18.00 UTC | 11.00 Pacific Daylight Time | Monday - 5.00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time

Indy Road Course - 100km, 24 +1 formation laps.
Grand Valley Speedway - 100km, 20 +1 formation laps.

Qualifying order will be sorted by championship finishing position in season 1 for returning drivers, then alphabetically for new drivers in each room.

If total number of drivers doesn't exceed 22, the rooms will be split in two. All regulations are the same as real races. Pits are not mandatory.

Just to let you guys know, I'm only going to be able to race in the first race tomorrow.
There's a slight chance that I'll have to leave before finishing the first race. So if I exit the room while the race is going don't be surprised.

Slight change of plans, room A host is changing to Paginas1 (Paginas)

Yes, as Paul so rightly pointed out :D

It's right in the quoted portion at the top of the briefing 👍.

I missed that aswell!!!

Sorry for sounding pedantic Eddie, but maybe this could be repeated with the other regulations i.e. Room / track / event / regulation settings?

I know from my events, many will "forward wind" to those regulations and skim the rest of the post, there is quite alot of info on the OP.

Hope you don't mind the suggestion.. :nervous:

Captain Slow checking in.. Just to point out the importance if reading the entire OP. 👍
It won't take too long.

Latest Posts

Back