TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg
Turtle Racing League – Enduro Racing Series​

Race 16: Deep Forest Raceway
Car: HPA FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT
Laps: 36
Tires: Racing Mediums
Date: November 3, 2012
Prize: Level 24 Ticket

Division 1 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 1:13.312 - Pole)
2nd Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 1:13.873 +6.786)
3rd Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 1:14.223 +6.925)
4th Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 1:14.376 +22.374)
5th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap - 1:15.677 +2:18.727)

Spazmaticality - DNF

Race 2

1st Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 1:13.729)
2nd Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 1:13.639 +.200)
3rd Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 1:14.322 +15.816)
4th Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 1:14.198 +45.466)
5th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap 1:15.094 +1:25.403)

Spazmaticality - DNS

Division 2 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 1:14.981 +10.740)
2nd Place: RidgelineDiv (Fast Lap - 1:14.268 +13.179 - Pole)
3rd Place: shred-tech (Fast Lap - 1:14.790 +38.451)
4th Place: Ford-Racing99 (Fast Lap - 1:15.313 +47.401)
5th Place: Infinital-NG (Fast Lap - 1:17.022 +1 lap)

dangerzone641 - DNF

Race 2

1st Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 1:14.750 +6.682)
2nd Place: shred-tech (Fast Lap - 1:15,223 +20.122)
3rd Place: RidgelineDiv (Fast Lap - 1:15.223 +33.808)
4th Place: Infinital-NG (Fast Lap - 1:15.819 +1 lap)

Ford-Racing99 - DNF
dangerzone641 - DNS

Division 3 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: zxxCOUNT210xxz (Fast Lap - 1:16.274 +1:51.642)
2nd Place: RoadRockKid (Fast Lap - 1:18.305 +7 laps)

Race 2

1st Place: zxxCOUNT210xxz (Fast Lap - 1:
2nd Place: RockRoadKid (Fast Lap - 1:39.058 +33 laps)

Division A - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: iceandspice (Fast Lap - 1:14.622)

Race 2

1st Place: iceandspice (Fast Lap - 1:14.750)

Final Results

Division 1

1st Place: martin_ky aka "the beast" (100 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes and Pole)
2nd Place: DREX81 (90 Points)
3rd Place: Psycho-Tuber (84 Points)
4th Place: FFK13 (78 Points)
5th Place: Johnny_Suede (72 Points)

Division 2

1st Place: mbobb1969 (98 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes)
2nd Place: RidgelineDiv (89 Points - Pole)
3rd Place: shred-tec (87 Points)
4th Place: Infinital-NG (75 Points)
5th Place: Ford-Racing99 (39 Points)

Division 3

1st Place: zxxCOUNT210xxz (98 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes)
2nd Place: RockRoadKid (90 Points)

Division A

1st Place: iceandspice (98 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes)

Special Note

Divisions 1 and 3 raced together in the Turtle_Division3 lounge

Divisions 2 and A raced together in the TURTLE_DivisionA lounge

Race Recap

All divisions had a great night of competitive racing with a car/track combination that kept you on your toes. Most of our regular drivers were back, but not all of them. Congratulations to martin_ky (aka "the beast"), mbobb1969, zxxCOUNT210xxz, and iceandspice (finished in the lead in the TURTLE_DivisionA lounge in both races) for their overall wins! Unfortunately, Ford-Racing99 and Spazmaticality both power issues and were not able to finish the races. In Race 1 in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge DREX81 held on to 2nd place by only .139 against a late charge by Psycho-Tuber. In Race 2 in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge he wasn't so lucky. After a late charge from martin_ky (aka "the beast") DREX81 couldn't quite hold on to 1st place and got knicked at the finish line by .200. Meanwhile RockRoadKid found a nice spot to watch the races drive-in theater style. In Division 2 RidgelineDiv and shred-tec swapped positions with RidgelineDiv taking 2nd place overall by getting the Pole. Infinital-NG was getting used to his new wheel improving quite a bit from race 1 to race 2. Absolutely fantastic racing guys!

Turtle Racing League - Simply The Best

Last edited:
I would like to welcome 2 new drivers to the Turtle Racing league.
Sirhankysur White car / Black wheels and number 23
also Sojo2600 with a Green car / Silver wheels and # 49
Thanks for joining we look forward to racing with you both.👍

If anyone hasn't read the new patch notes.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-09-now-available-brings-minor-changes-improves-hsv-010-engine-sounds/

-The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”.
-The view during 3D display has been improved.
-The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
-Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
-The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
-Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
-Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
-Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

I wasn't a big fan of off-line physics as I felt the car was always to planted, but at least it's consistent between off/on-line.

Yes, I read it. I was mainly interested in the tire wear. martin_ky is going to have a field day in the FLEX series with that. There is no telling what we will get thrown at us! :lol:

Maybe we can bring the yellowbirds out one day!@!

Not a premium car, but maybe it will show back up in the OCD for people that don't have one.

Yeah that'd be a fun one.

One thing that's got me excited, is being able to do practice races not online and have a ghost car!@!

To people wanting wheel stands, if you want to buy one, this company is offering a $50 promo for gtplanet users.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267620

http://www.cntsimulator.com/default.asp

TYPE-RA-2T.jpg

It's still $299 after coupon, but with reclining seat. They have options for single/triple monitor stands.

Thanks, if I had room I would be very interested.

To me it looks kinda cheap for that price, but saw it over at 'sim racing & hardware' and figured I'd post it.

The seat would be the most expensive thing.

To me it looks kinda cheap for that price, but saw it over at 'sim racing & hardware' and figured I'd post it.

The seat would be the most expensive thing.

I completely agree... For $300, and this is my current plan, I would buy a used S2000 driver's seat, sliding rails, and center console, and build a wood frame based on measurements from my car...

If I could drive my car into the living room this would already be done... :sly:

Here's a photo of my rig. It's an old photo back when I used a DFGT. I now have a G27. I had the wood laying around and got the seat from a friend for free. It's from an old Integra. Fully adjustable with lumbar support. The only thing I paid for was the seat cover ($10). The best part is that it fits in my front closet so the wife is happy.
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w412/martin_ky/MISC/IMAG0053.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all.
I will be in Turtle Town tonight at 8:00 pm est for practice, I will start practice races at 8:30 pm est. I look forward to seeing some of you there.

FFK and martin both nice setups. Hopefully it wont be much longer and I will have a nice cockpit. Right now I use a table I built out of scrap wood I had laying around the garage, with a office chair, it works for now.

Good morning all.
I will be in Turtle Town tonight at 8:00 pm est for practice, I will start practice races at 8:30 pm est. I look forward to seeing some of you there.

FFK and martin both nice setups. Hopefully it wont be much longer and I will have a nice cockpit. Right now I use a table I built out of scrap wood I had laying around the garage, with a office chair, it works for now.

Thanks MBOBB. Although it doesn't look the greatest the function is where its at. I like the look of the PVC rig but space is an issue with me.

I won't be able to make the race this Saturday. Do you guys race whoever shows up, or do you have an advance notice system? Also, even if I can't make the actual race, is it ok if I participate in the practice sessions?

Yea space is a issue for me right now also, thats why I have'nt built the PVC one yet.
Space wont be an issue for me too much longer I hope.

I won't be able to make the race this Saturday. Do you guys race whoever shows up, or do you have an advance notice system? Also, even if I can't make the actual race, is it ok if I participate in the practice sessions?

We race whoever shows up. And yes, you may come to practice. In fact, we encourage it whether you can make it to the race or not. We invariably run practice races in our practice sessions.

thanks guys! i will actually join the FLEX series... i think i heard someone asked and got confused when i mentioned the evo race.

Back