Matej's Diary

• Thread starter Matej
  • 28 comments

Matej

Premium
Croatia
Zagreb
Hello and welcome to Matej's Diary, the place where I keep links to all my written work I have been collecting since 2012, whether that be game or car reviews, interviews, race reports or articles published on the News section of the GTPlanet forum. Check the links and search for your cup of tea. ;)

GTPlanet News Articles (pre-published revisions carried out by GTP writing editors)

GT2 Car Reviews

GT2 BMW Fleet Review

GT2 Dodge Lineup Review

GT2 Honda Selection Review

GT3 Car Reviews

GT4 Car Reviews

GT4 Coure Sportivo Lineup Review

Enthusia - Big SUV Comparison (Plus a Van!)

Enthusia - City Car Comparison

TXR3 Custom Car Reviews

Parnelli Bone Website - Alfa 156 vs Audi A4 vs BMW 325i (GT2)

Parnelli Bone Website - Honda City Turbo Review (GT4)

Parnelli Bone Website - Mazda Cosmo vs Toyota Soarer (GT2)

The History of Qualifying and Test Running in GT Series

Retro Game Reviews

The Fruit Review - Bananas

The Ball Review

Race Reports and Interviews:

GT4

All Japan GT Championship
Car: Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00

GT World Championship
Car: BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97

Japan Championship
Car: Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89

Japanese Compact Cup
Car: Daihatsu Sirion CX 4WD '98

Nürburgring Track Day, part I & part II & part III
Car: Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00

GT2

Event Synthesizer
Car: Tommy Kaira m13

GT300 Championship
Car: [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Special '93

Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Car: [R]Ford Puma 1.7i Zetec

Last edited:
All Japan GT Championship

I think that every JGTC supporter has one unique dream; to be able to beat GT500 car with a GT300 car. While in real life this proves to be quite difficult, in GT4 this is possible due to some... hm...issues. So, in order to celebrate GT300 class I'll enter the competition with my lovely...

images

Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S (JGTC)
Power: 320 HP (oil)
Weight: 1125 kg
Tires: Racing Hard (R2/R2)

However, I have to make sure that I avoid racing fast rabbits like Motul Pitwork Z, Xanavi Nismo GT-R or Woodone Tom's Supra. The reason is simple; I want to race with all cars, not with just one. After a bit searching I found ideal AI grid filled with ordinary JGTC cars:

nissan.gif
Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
toyota.gif
Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00
honda.gif
Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
toyota.gif
au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01
honda.gif
Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
toyota.gif
Superautobacs APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00

Current setup:
Brakes: 5/4
Springs: 11.0/11.0
Ride Height: 75/75
Bound: 4/8
Rebound: 5/7
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabiliser: 5/5
Downforce: 30/45
LSD: 5/35/25
TCS / ASM: 0/0

The setup could be enhanced a little bit more but since it works great, I don't want to touch anything more then necessary. Understeer is at the minimum and oversteer is on tolerable level, except during braking where I have to be a little more careful.

Race 1. Tokyo Route 246 (5 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'42.842
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01
3rd - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
4th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00
5th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00

Race report:
Very bad acceleration (forgot to rev the engine high enough :ouch:), overtaken by almost anyone but somehow managed to retrieve 4th position on first corner. Uh, that was close :scared:. I'm now gaining Takata who dropped to 3rd place right from the start, it looks like the gap is closing on T6. Yep, I managed to pass her on T7 from the inside and now I'm after Tom's Supra :mischievous:. So far it's easy to catch up with the field since AI doesn't do well with cold tires. Hm, what will happen afterwards ? Well, now it's not time to think about that, rather think about how you failed to overtake Tom on last corner and how I'm losing him now :grumpy:. Moreover, Takata picked enough speed on that straightway (Lap 2; difference is +0'01.881 - I must hurry, otherwise Cerumo will disappear) , so now I'm again on 4th position. Would you believe me if I were to tell you that the next 2 laps will be fully edged battle just against Takata ? Well, it is and whenever I have managed to overtake her ass, she would regain previous position on the straightway. I think I had at least 3 unsuccessful attempts but all of them were so close. But being close is not enough Matej, you need to push it more :drool:!!! On lap 4 difference was +0'07.018. Yep, Cerumo is out of question, but who cares, now I need to think about securing that 4th position because our new guest is Pennzoil !!! This situation means only one thing; their tires are on optimal temperature and now, on final lap, I'm desperately trying to pull away but without success. Guess who pulled away ? Mrs. Takata, and she leaves me here with Pennzoil (who, by the way, overtook me on T4 from the inside ) and ... Mugen NSX :dunce:?! What's going on here ?! Even after T6 she was very close and I knew that I must hurry in order to stay (at least) on 5th position. Somehow I managed to overtook Pennzoil on T9 but car suddenly understeered (why now ?! :nervous:) and I had to brake in order to avoid hitting the outside wall. I never liked that corner, and now, on top of everything, it's working against me. Due to speed loss caused by hard braking, Pennzoil retrieved previous position and now we're exiting the final corner, and running towards the finish line. I tried to use as much slipstream as possible but it was useless; Pennzoil got away. Terrible. Oh, and do you know what happened to Mugen, that Mugen who crawled behind me like a snake ? Check the results, I'm to weak now, to speak
hypnotized.gif

Race results (200 A-spec):
1st - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- 8'25.509
2nd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'01.161
3rd - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'08.581
4th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'13.470
5th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'14.878
6th - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- + 0'14.897

Conclusion:
Actually, I was skeptical from the beginning, Tokyo 246 is the ultimate track for AI, so somehow it was quite obvious that I will watch everyone's taillights. It's also very difficult track especially for MR drivetrain. I didn't said that, but I actually sweated a lot, since MR-S has a bad habit of doing sudden handling maneuvers if pushed to far. At least it was fun, though. Anyway, time for Suzuka, things will be quite different there...

Race 2. Suzuka Circuit East Course (10 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 0'50.747
4th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
5th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00
6th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99

Race report:
Nice start with excellent rev zone (you finally learned, haven't you ? 💡), but despite this, Cerumo still managed to overtook me before we reached the first corner. Surprisingly, Mrs Takata had terrible acceleration so she slowed down everyone. Aaa ? What happened, did she forgot that we're racing not cruising :lol:... well who cares, at least I have one thing less to worry about. On first section of corners I'm closing up the gap between Cerumo and myself and I managed to overtook her on Dunlop curve corner from the inside. I'm first :dopey:!!! But straightway is coming so I'm starting to feel uncomfortable; can he reach me ? I had an excellent driving line on Last Curve but the straights are quite long here and if he brakes too late he we'll launch me to the sand traps :nervous:... No!! Stop doing that :mad:! Think positive, he's still far away, so don't panic. We entered the second lap and I saw -0'00.987 difference; I guess he can't reach me. But let's not celebrate yet. I could still lost control since this tracks requires surgical precision when releasing acceleration. My tires are already picking up enough grip and now I got little more confidence. Go, little MR-S !!! Lap 3 and difference is -0.02.638. Good, let's keep up. Oh, as a side note, Takata is constantly blocking other cars in the field :dunce:. Anyway, we're now entering lap 5 and gap has increased to -0'06 sec :). Yep, I think I'll do a good job here. And just when I thought that my Tokyo misery was finally eradicated I noticed that Cerumo is closing gap (Lap 7 -0'05.869 :scared:). Tires ? Could be but is too early to judge, for now it's important to stay focused. I guess that you're the real example of how focused driver should be as on lap 8 you managed to touch the grass between Dunlop and Last Curve, almost losing complete control :nervous:. Luckily, speed was quite low, so little countersteer and applied brakes managed to solve the issue. However speed loss occured and now let's take a look on split times; Lap 9 - -0'04.820. You're doing wonderful thing Matej, any more low-level surprises :rolleyes: ? Still, two laps to go and Cerumo is quite far away. Difference on final lap was -0'04.050. Well, time to relax. Why you wonder ? Obviously, because I won the race !! Yeaaah, time to celebrate. :cheers:

1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 10'09.992
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0'03.263
3rd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'08.022
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'11.587
5th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'17.479
6th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'18.724

Conclusion:
Well, small tracks for small class. What else should I say ? It suits GT300 cars perfectly and honestly, it's the best track (along with Tsukuba and long Suzuka) for testing your driving and tuning skills. Anyway, I just need to improve my consistency when pressure is on max level, otherwise I will suffer great fail ; difficult tracks are coming, so it's mandatory to keep your head cool. See you at the Seoul !

Race 3. Seoul Central (10 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'00.149
2nd - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
3rd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03

Race report:
Rolling start, finally! This will give me some extra time to run away from the field on that straightway as much as possible. I guess I was right - only Pennzoil overtook me but somehow I've managed to stay near him on the first corner. More corners are coming and it's now time to make a move. However, after the second corner he began to increase the gap and now I'm afraid that I won't be able to find a good place for overtaking. Lap 2 and the difference is +0'00.690. Despite the fact that I love city tracks and that I'm tackling those corners with maximum precision :drool:, he's still very fast and if I can't get him on that first corner where he (or all of them) usually slows down too much, I will lose the race!! If we also include the fact that Cerumo is still far away, I think we can easily deduce Nissan's dominance on city tracks. Well, at least I'm still in front of Cerumo and that's all that matters for now :). To contradict myself now, I have managed to hit the inside wall on T4 corner which launched my car to the outside wall on T4 exit, resulting in a huge loss of speed :ouch:. I'm very impressed with your driving ignorance Matej, maybe you should let the Cerumo overtake you, so that we can stop with this reckless driving :grumpy:. Lap 3, difference is +0'01.628 and increasing. I guess this is over now, I just need to secure my 2nd place by driving as fast as possible in order to avoid Cerumo meeting. She is faster then me, but the last corner is where I usually gain some advantage. My only hope is that Cerumo will keep his mouth shut and that Pennzoil will do some mistake, but I guess I'm not that lucky (emphasis on last part of sentence). We're now on lap 8 and nothing changed really
sleepgo.gif
, difference is now +0'04.201 and Cerumo still keeps the same distance from me. Obviously, I can start declaring my 2nd place
party.gif
. Final lap and difference is +0'05.573. Passed the finish line with silver trophy in my hands. Phew, what a race...

1st - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- 9'51.064
2nd - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- +0'05.985
3rd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0.09.839
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'13.046
5th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'17.859
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'24.396

Since we had various winners from the start, I think it's now time to check our current placements:

Current standings (after 3rd race):
1st -
toyota.gif
au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 - 20pts
2nd -
toyota.gif
Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 17pts
3rd -
nissan.gif
Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- 14pts
4th -
toyota.gif
Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- 12pts
5th -
honda.gif
Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- 10pts
6th -
honda.gif
Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- 5pts

Conclusion:
Honda underdogs are sharing last places while Toyota's are on top. I just hope I will gather some advantage once we reach Hong Kong, since Cerumo obviously, doesn't do well on city tracks. See you at the Fuji !!

Race 4. Fuji Speedway 90's (6 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'31.388
4th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99

Race report:
Great acceleration but as always, someone took advantage of his torque to overtake me; this time it was Cerumo and Pennzoil, almost Takata too :crazy: ! On first corner I've managed to remain on 3rd place and now I was hunting Pennzoil and Cerumo. This time they had quite nice driving line despite their cold tires, so I struggled up a bit to overtake Pennzoil on first couple of corners :nervous:. Straightway was not painful as I thought it would be, mainly due to their deceleration on last long corner, so using the slipstream I've managed to stick with him all the way up to the first corner on second lap :mischievous:. Finally, I made my move on T7 corner; super late braking and Poof !... Pennzoil was dispatched by taking the inside line almost launching myself out of the track :dunce: but luckily, nothing bad happened. He passed me on the straightway but previous position was retrieved by performing late braking (again !!! :sly:). We're now on lap 3 and I'm gradually loosing Pennzoil. Lap 4 and difference was +0'01.909 for Cerumo. Yep, she's not far away but I'm definitely far from 1st place. Even if I can keep up on the corners she always makes up for that on straights - like always. On T5 I touched the grass on the corner exit almost spi... well I did recovered but the gap was now +0'03.822 (lap 5). It doesn't matter actually (second place is secured), so I'll skip harsh words and personal abuse ;). Pennzoil is still far away which means that I can relax a bit. Finished the race 2nd with +0'06.307 difference. Solid race, I must say.

1st - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- 9'08.818
2nd - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- +0.06.307
3rd - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'09.247
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'12.451
5th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'14.566
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'19.882

Conclusion:
Cerumo is definitely the biggest threat here and I just can't find proper circuit to use my handling abilities. Well, the next track is even worse, so until we reach the Hong Kong I need to hold my breath. Next station, ugly Super Speedway!!

Race 5. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway (12 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
2nd - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 0'37.572

Race report:
Surprisingly, Takata is totally unbeatable here which is a good news if you know how to use such fact. Obviously I don't know, not with 300hp car and micro downforce. My progress here was based purely on drafting and nothing else. Well, back to topic. Cerumo overtook me but I retrieved position on the T2. Same thing on last corner. On Lap 2 Tom's joined the conference :nervous:, so now I had the same procedure with both Supra's. Triple battle of Toyota models, very interesting and unique 👍. Lap 3 and difference was +0'01.971; maybe it's best to forget about Takata, who really cares when you're constantly in battle with Toyota sisters . Overtake on corner exits, watch being passed on corner entries; yeah, that used to be a routine up to the lap 7 (where tragedy occurred) but at least it was a very fun while it lasted. Just imagine endurance with JGTC cars on this track. Beautifully. But I guess PD's imagination is not on such level... yet. On lap 6 the difference between Cerumo and myself was +0'01.599. I started to think whether I (read: we , they are still near me!! :scared:) can reach Takata using only slipstream. But that hope passed away on lap 7 since I took the outside line (why are you doing this in a first place ?? Are you sick ? :dunce:) on the first corner and couldn't clear the whole corner without releasing the acceleration pedal. Now you think, should I hit the wall a bit, or should I say my prayers and release the acceleration pedal and cope with sudden... whatever it comes ?? I decided to hit the wall :ouch: and luckily, the hit was quite small, so I lost only a small fraction of speed. Of course that was more then enough to lose the Supra folks and now I'm, for the first time, sharing the 4th place with my MR-S :indiff:. Well, it's was a good experience at the end but without drafting MR_S is vulnerable here.

1st - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- 7'23.871
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0'00.687
3rd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'02.048
4th - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- +0'04.737
5th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'09.372
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'17.360

Conclusion:
Our next location is Laguna Seca, it's time to raise up my points a bit!! I presume that both Laguna and Hong Kong will be my last chance to win this tournament. After that, well...

Race 6. Laguna Seca (7 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'29.433
2nd - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
5th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00

Race report:
This is going to be the shortest report I had made so far, for one simple reason; AI drives sooo slow here, are they on drugs or what :dunce:? And what JGTC events is doing in America in a first place ? Ok, let's forget about this things. Usually, this circuit is fun and challenging to drive but only if you have someone to race with. Honestly, I was racing alone for the whole race. On lap 2 difference was -0'04.487 sec while on lap 4 it was -0'09.462 . Only disturbing thing that happened was when the Takata was overtaken by Cerumo :grumpy: on lap 4 which is something I do not approve since it will affect my points, but in general it's ok, at least I'm first. rest of the race was pure boredom. Digging your nose (or someone's else) is more fun then this. You know how many people usually dig nose with small finger or forefinger ? Well, you can try digging with other fingers, I do believe that you will come up with an interesting results !! You'll receive +Rep if you can drive with other hand in the same time, too. You also have enough time to wash you hands before Cerumo overtakes you... :dunce:.

1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 10'20.843
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0'12.326
3rd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'16.356
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'21.664
5th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'23.823
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'31.445

Conclusion:
Takata glows on first couple of laps but then she gives up after that. Well, I don't mind as long as she keeps the 2nd place away from the Cerumo. Anyway, Hong Kong is next and is time to increase my standings even further. So far so good!!

Race 7. Hong Kong (9 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'23.543
4th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99

Race report:
This report is going to be short too, since the whole race was monotonous except the fact that I did had some things to worry about; Cerumo on my tail for example. On first couple of laps everything was fine, the gap was gradually increasing (on lap 2 difference was -0'02.288, on lap 4 -0'03.287) until we reached lap 7, when Cerumo suddenly started to close the gap. Luckily, on such narrow track there are no good overtaking places, so chances that you will be beaten on corners is minimal (straightways are different story, though). We reached the final lap and the difference was -0'01.414. Yep, another sure victory!! And another Takata's blocking actions :dunce:. I crossed the finish line with another gold trophy in my hand!! 👍

1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 12'28.938
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0'01.685
3rd - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'14.577
4th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'15.907
5th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'16.928
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'23.325

Current standings (after 7th race):
1st -
toyota.gif
au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 - 48pts
2nd -
toyota.gif
Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 46pts
3rd -
honda.gif
Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- 30pts
4th -
nissan.gif
Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- 25pts
5th -
toyota.gif
Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- 24pts
6th -
honda.gif
Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- 9pts

Conclusion:
I still do not understand why Hong Kong is a such unpopular track :guilty:, it's narrow, it's beautiful (well, it's my personal opinion but those lights surely looks impressive) and it checks your driving and tuning skills on almost every corner. Anyway, ugly Motegi is next, so I have to take some sleep before going into this sunset boredom. After all, in terms of points, I'm right behind Cerumo!!! :drool:

Race 8. Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course (6 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'57.108
3rd - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
4th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
5th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
6th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00

Race report:
Unfortunately, I can't win this one. It's a track made for speed, a factor that still needs to be unleashed from MR-S. For the whole first lap Cerumo was right behind me along with Pennzoil who obviously decided to pick up some extra points before retiring for good :grumpy:. Lap 2 and the difference is -0'00.478. Uhh I can't escape :scared:!! On Victory corner I finally got what I deserved - braked too late and my car understeered into sand traps resulting in a huge loss of speed and a definite pass of both Cerumo and Pennzoil :ouch:. Yeah Matej, I guess your old wound is still alive and kicking. You can only receive this from me = 👎, and nothing else. But I didn't had any chances here to be honest, sooner or later the same destiny would occur whether I like it or not. Luckily, rest of the field was still far enough, so 3rd place was definite. You know the rest of story; on lap 4 the difference was +0'09.066 while on final lap gap increased significantly to filthy +0'17.490 second difference. Finished the race on 3rd place. What a relief :rolleyes:.

1st - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- 11'27.871
2nd - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'04.683
3rd - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- +0'20.897
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'23.369
5th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'26.075
6th - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'26.218

Conclusion:
This ugly and boring track ruined my overall position but I still have some chance on Fuji and Suzuka. Hopefully...

Race 9. Fuji Speedway 2005 GT (6 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 1'40.003
2nd - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03
5th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00

Race report:
Another easy race, another short report. And whoa, it's been a while since I had a start from a stand still. And despite the nice acceleration, both Takata and Cerumo overtook me before we reached the First corner. However, I've managed to retrieve 2nd place on Coca Cola and now I'm gaining on Cerumo. I guess AI stupidity shines again as I retrieved the 1st position on T4/5 from the outside :sly:. Now it's time for running away!! AI slows down quite more then necessary on final section of corners which means that I could save some time before reaching that painful long straightway. And it happened, just as I thought. On lap 2 the difference was -0'02.759, on lap 3 -0'04.154. On lap 4 the gap started to decrease a little bit but nothing too much comparing to Motegi or Tokyo for example. Final lap and the difference is -0'03.946. Yep, another pure victory, who would thought about that ?! :dopey:

1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 10'01.421
2nd - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- +0'03.193
3rd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'06.136
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'12.460
5th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'15.279
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'21.606

Conclusion:
I had a bad expectations on this track since I lost once on Fuji 90's, so I thought that the same situation would occur again on a newer version. But due to AI's pushovers skills I did a great job here, and I just hope that the same luck while shine up on me again, on the final race in Suzuka. I need to win 10 points in next race to equalize my states with Cerumo (if she wins 2nd place) and if that happens I'll win the championship right on the edge. Final race guys, I'm so nervous!! :scared:

Race 10. Suzuka Circuit (5 laps):

Qualification results:
1st - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 2'07.527

Race report:
Great acceleration but sadly, this time Takata failed to block the rest of the AI grid, sooo... everyone, yes, everyone :grumpy: overtook me which came like a shock to me. However, AI's stupidity rocks again 👍, and I've managed to retrieve 4th position from the inside on 1st & 2nd Curve's exit. I also succeeded in overtaking Takata on Degner curve but she retrieved her previous position using her speed. But I'm still persistent, there is now way I would allow Cerumo's departure :nervous:!! I tried again on 200R straightway using slipstream tactics and finally managed to overtook her again on a Spoon curve from the inside by braking as late as possible. Whoa, I almost touched the outside sand traps but luck is on my side this time :sly:. Well not quite, as Takata swapped places again, on last straightway just before Casio Triangle. She also tried to compress me out of the track, right on the grass (no brain = much pain :dunce:) but I managed to save myself using the extra part of the track. Can you stop with this AI ?? Well, it doesn't matter, I finally secured my 3rd place by literally conquering the Casio Triangle corner (AI sucks there). Lap 2 and the difference is now +0'03.445 against Cerumo. Uh, I'm afraid that I'm out of this championship for good. I'm driving like a maniac and I still can't catch up with Cerumo :(. Well, at least, I'll keep my pride by defeating Tom's as I managed to close the gap on 130R during lap 2 (she made a mistake touching the outside sand traps). However, the procedure was quite the same as with Takata; overtaking maneuvers on corners, watching her ass on straights. Another two laps went by, and I totally forgot about Cerumo (and my trophy). Lap 4 and the difference is +0'05.829; I just need to keep up with Tom's so that I can overtake him on that mighty Casino corner. And it happened, just as I thought, on the final lap (difference is +0'08.043) I destroyed a bit of Supra's dominance by overtaking her on a ditto corner. She tried to use her speed to change the situation but I'm not giving up. Never!! Yahoo, 2nd place on palm of my hand :drool:. Am I happy ? Tough question, honestly...

1st - Toyota au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 --- 10'25.823
2nd - Toyota Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- +0'10.324
3rd - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- +0'10.678
4th - Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- +0'14.317
5th - Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- +0'16.493
6th - Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- +0'19.519

Final standings:
1st -
toyota.gif
au Cerumo Supra (JGTC) '01 - 74pts
2nd -
toyota.gif
Superautobacs APEX MR-S '00 --- 66pts
3rd -
honda.gif
Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 --- 39pts
4th -
nissan.gif
Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99 --- 35pts
5th -
toyota.gif
Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00 --- 33pts
6th -
honda.gif
Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00 --- 13pts

Conclusion:
I lost the trophy but I'm not sad. In fact, I really have enjoyed the racing, especially on Suzuka East, Hong Kong and Super Speedway where the battle was really intensive on some point. I need to try this again some time, maybe with Cusco Impreza against similar or same opponents :scared:? Well, until that happens see you around!! :)

Last edited:
I'll have a read.
Sure you're not going for points? You should get 200 whether aiming for it or not, based on the fact that I did the same series with the faster Wedssport Celica on R3's specifically for 200 points against a similar grid.

2 races updated. Enjoy reading !! ;)
Also, the first post has been updated with extra text.
shotamagee
I'll have a read.
Sure you're not going for points? You should get 200 whether aiming for it or not, based on the fact that I did the same series with the faster Wedssport Celica on R3's specifically for 200 points against a similar grid.

Yep, each race offers me 200 A-spec points, but what I meant to say was that I do not care about A-spec points but on competitiveness, so even if I don't win all the races with 200 points I will not care, really. :)

Dang. 2 points out of the lead and only Suzuka to go? You're gonna have to work hard to carry that championship home...

Keep after it, Matej!

JGTC series is now completed!! I lost the trophy :D but I'm satisfied because I did searched for a close race and I found the satisfaction I was looking for.

Now, before I move on to next series I'll need to take care of my college duties first, so this thread will have to wait for a while. :(

However, World Compact Car or Pan Euro series should be next on my schedule, so I'll try to run it as soon as I find some spare time.

I haven't posted in this thread for a long time so I thought I could apologize by presenting the small video I have made. First part contains audio slideshow with subtitles while second part actual event with live commentary. Tell me what works the best, so that I could do part 2.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo World Championship

By using shortcut to get AI lineup of non-Group C Le Mans cars, I decided to complete GTWC with car of lower rank. My choice of weapon was stock BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97. I gave it nice, warm bath, new set of tires and went to compete against:

Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98

Each race offered me 172 A-spec points. I didn't post qualification results and overall time results, but I hope split times of closest AI opponent (in case I won the race) or distance from the leader (in case AI won the race) will be sufficient. Below you can also read interesting interview I come up with.

1.) Tokyo Route 246 (10 laps):

1. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
2. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
3. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) -------- + 0'30.793 sec.
4. AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
5. Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
6. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01

A course where AI runs extremely fast. I managed to keep up with the two Toyota models, but after two laps, they just vanished from my screen. I wasn't really threatened by Vertigo or AMG either, so you could say my position was secured, in spite I was very sad being lonely on the track...

2.) Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway (21 laps):

1. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
2. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
3. AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
4. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- + 0'29.256 sec.

On this race everything can happen. Very dynamic and quite hard to track down position of your opponents on map, given the length of the circuit. I hoped the 7 would spin out and allow me to take advantage of that occurrence, but it didn't happen. The last 3 I fought neck and neck against the AMG. On the last corner of the last lap I was so nervous that I applied brakes in a way I shouldn't have applied them, allowing the AMG to monitor my spin on the track. Luckily, other opponents were still far away, so I finished fourth.

3.) Hong Kong (18 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- cca - 20 sec.
4. Toyota 7 Race Car '70

This was the first race during which I noticed my rear tires are warming more than the front ones, something I missed to deduce during qualification. I went into pits before half of the race and switched tires on the rear axle to harder compound. This allowed for loose entries on sharp corners, and I learned how to use it to my advantage. Toyota 7 allowed spectators some entertainment by slamming straight into wall at the end of the longest straightway. Luckily, I dodged this suicide attack by keeping myself on the left side of the section. The AMG was always around 6 to 9 seconds behind me, but once it decided to pit twice along with the Vertigo, I realized I'll be able to celebrate my first victory.

Standings after Round 3:
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98 --- 22 pts
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 --- 19 pts
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) --- 17 pts
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 --- 11 pts
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 --- 6 pts
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01 --- 3 pts​

4.) Seoul Central Reverse (19 laps):

1. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
2. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- + 0'18.289 sec.
3. Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
4. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
5. AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98

I would have won the race if the Toyota 7 had pitted, but its good tire life didn't allow me to withstand another celebration of my victory. Other than that, the setup supporting my car was good enough for setting competitive laps. Tire wear on this track is very modest, I could run on R3 compound more than usual.

5.) El Capitan (11 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------ cca - 0'37 sec.
2. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
3. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98

Very tricky track. You are required to drive using softer suspension settings, but if you overdo it, you can disturb chassis of MR car on approach to a corner. I managed to find good balance by altering anti-roll bars. I thought the light Toyota 7 won't be very competitive on this bouncy course, but I was wrong. It went into pit box one lap prior the finish. I do admit I was sweating a lot before that moment because all indicators were implying it would complete the race without visiting pit crew. Usually it is very easy to score victory here and get away from others quickly while their tires are still cold. This was another race where different tire combo was required, but luckily, this time there wasn't any surprises, I noticed their wear progress on time.

6.) New York (15 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------ cca - 0'11 sec.
2. AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
4. Toyota 7 Race Car '70

This course was AMG's turf. It managed to stay 4 to 6 seconds behind me all the time and went into pit box at the same time I did. After switching my tires, I spend next two laps trying to overtake the Toyota 7, which was occasionally hitting walls and blocking my polite and desperate moves to overtake it. To visualize how fast that machine really is, imagine you have to slipstream it just to keep up with it! Again, it went into pits two laps before the race finished, allowing other cars to take advantage of that. The worst thing on this track is to worry whether AI will slam into you when coming from two high-speed sections or not. I used inside lines on first two laps to make sure such foolishness wouldn't happen.

Standings after Round 6:
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) --- 43 pts
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 --- 38 pts
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98 --- 33 pts
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 --- 22 pts
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 --- 14 pts
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01 --- 6 pts​

7.) Opera Paris Reverse (18 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- - 0'09.942 sec.
2. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
4. Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
5. AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98

It was supposed to be an easygoing race, but when there is no trouble on horizon, you have to make on by yourself, no? Using suspension setup of the El Capitan race proved to be overly stiff for Opera Paris. The car was very nervous on bumps and I also had trouble accelerating given that I also had to use R2 tires on the back. The Toyota 7 managed to reduce distance between us up to the point where it was 0.500 sec behind me. Luckily, after I went into pit box, I find enough time to compose myself and start building distance again. I managed to win, but it wasn't easy at all. The AMG asked for pit crew assistance twice, I was quite surprised with that.

8.) Suzuka Circuit (9 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- cca - 0'13 sec.
4. Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
5. Toyota 7 Race Car '70

Drivers operating MR cars should be careful on this track as poor brake balance and suspension settings can throw you out of the race quickly. At first, the AMG was keeping up with me, but after pitting procedure, the GT-One's little picture on split time sequences replaced AMG's. I wasn't really threatened by anyone, but I still had to be careful not to launch myself into sand traps. The Toyota 7 and Vertigo poorly acted on this stage, too bad the Camaro didn't overtake them both and score some points.

9.) Grand Valley Speedway Reverse (11 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- - 0'07.756 sec.
2. Toyota 7 Race Car '70

The Toyota 7 was very fast on this course, I barely managed to keep it off my vicinity. After I went into pit box to give my crew some business to take care of, the Toyota 7 started getting away step by step. I'm not sure how I managed to overtake it during pitting procedure, must have had problems with cornering once its tires became very hot.

Standings after Round 9:
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) --- 73 pts
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 --- 52 pts
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98 --- 47 pts
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 --- 31 pts
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 --- 22 pts
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01 --- 9 pts​

10.) Circuit de la Sarthe I (4 laps):

1. BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) ------- - 0'10.023 sec.
2. Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
3. Toyota 7 Race Car '70
5. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98

Because I already had enough points to brag about my victory, I decided to enter the race without qualifying and verifying my tire wear. As a result, I experienced another interesting race. Even though the Toyota 7 managed to run away from the pack I still had enough fun with the AMG, Vertigo and GT-One. It was a great slipstream between the three until one of these guys decided I should collect some sand particles for my pit crew to analyze. It happened during second lap on the second corner of the Mulsanne Straight when I got bumped from behind. Did I mention I hate AI in this game?
Surprisingly, on third lap both Toyota 7 and Vertigo went into sand traps at those S-curves before pit box. Mind this, the GT-One also went into pit box even though I was positive it could handle the race on R3 tires (I did)!! Now I just had to catch the AMG. I was lucky that round because that guy also went into sand trap at the same place where the two had been playing during previous lap! I crossed the finish line and completed the championship happily.

Final Results:
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 :) --- 83 pts
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 --- 56 pts
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98 --- 49 pts
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 --- 34 pts
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 --- 28 pts
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01 --- 10 pts

Some journalist Biston visited me the other day and, I quote, 'demanded' some answers to his questions. Can you believe this impudence?!

A) Why did you decide to use such slow car against these machines? Are you're trying to prove something to us?

Hey, what is wrong with you. The F1 is certainly not slow, as you can see from my results. I just wanted to experience competitive racing. I turned out, I could have and should have used even slower vehicle.

B) What is your opinion of the F1 GTR? Did it meet your expectations?

Both 'yes' and 'no' is correct. Oversteer issues aren't as dangerous as on other MR cars and the could keep tire wear fairly equal on both sides. On the other hand, understeer is often very annoying and more inherent than I would like. The car isn't bad, but it requires more pampering than one would think considering its reputation.

C) You say the car was difficult to drive, which brings us to another question: how much time did you spend practicing?

Certainly not enough. I used around 4 to 5 laps in total to find good setup and prepare for the race. I learned my lesson after Opera Paris though.

D) Do you think that at some point in future the Camaro could score more than one point per race?

I doubt it. We are talking about consistent driver with harder tires, but overly too slow to use any of these advantages. Nevertheless, I believe in right hands it could be very dangerous opponent. I recall it being more friendlier in handling department than the C5R, another LM machine.

E) We know the Camaro is quite heavy, what are you going to do regarding Camaro's suspension setup the next time you compete against these guys?

Did I say I was going to use the Camaro? I don't remember saying such thing. This is the second time I hear you putting words into my mouth. Please, stop it.

F) Okay, sorry (rolls eyes...). The Camaro always appear in red color. Would you do pick the same or choose another color, green perhaps?

We're done talking about the Camaro. Next question or I leave.

G) What was the most difficult opponent?

Toyota 7. It was always the 7, even though both AMG and GT-One had their own moments of fame. I would say they attack from shadow when the 7 is not capable of keeping constant pressure on you.

H) What are you going to tell me regarding the track difficulty?

Um, what do you want to know? The Motegi can be quite difficult if you drive sensitive high-powered cars. While El Capitan is technically very advanced course, it can hardly beat Suzuka or La Sarthe, courses where one mistake can jeopardize your entire race.

I) Do you plan on returning to the series?

Yes, but I need to rest for a while. This victory gave me enough peace not to look at LM machines for some time. Once I return, I'm going to use cars with different drivetrain. The GTS-R and C5R could be interesting choices.

J) Speaking of the drivetrain, do you think 4WD cars like Super Touring or DTM machines own strengths required to compete against this brutality?

People appreciate 4WD cars only when traction becomes important factor. Outside that universe, they deliver nothing but understeer and inadequate tire wear. I haven't driven such LM machine on which lack of traction was that intolerable.

K) How difficult was to drive without driving aids?

Good question. When you're nervous, fighting for every millisecond and corner to beat your opponents, it can become very difficult to control acceleration and braking carefully. In such circumstances driving aids may be useful, otherwise they are just getting in your way.

L) Do you have anything to say to other people willing to participate in GTWC against this competition?

Cars slightly slower than the F1 GTR should give you the intense battle you always wanted to have. Maniacs should also consider upgraded JGTC or DTM cars.

M) But you just said how DTM cars would be useless in this championship. What are you actually trying to pull here?

That went only for 4WD machin... You know what, we're done with this interview!

Your call. Thank you for your time.

Yeah, yeah...

Comments, please. :)

Last edited:
Japan Championship

I decided to taste thrilling competition in Japan Championship by using the stock Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89. Bought one directly from the dealership and visited GT Auto shop where new oil and bath was given. My lineup was:

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97

Each race offered 191 (give or take one unit) A-spec points. As in my previous report, you can read interview regarding the championship below the report. No qualification results were posted and I only provide distance time of the closest AI opponent (if I won) or distance between my car and the leader (if AI won).

1.) Fuji Speedway 90's (5 laps):

1. Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) ---------- - 01.761 sec.
2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
3. Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03
5. Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
6. Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97

Big straightaways are supposed to work in favor of cars with power upgrades, but AI opponents were never as fast as they should have been. The GT-R34 took advantage on the start and managed to run away from rest of us on the first lap. However, it applied brakes on the first corner of the second lap way too soon, allowing me to take care of the spectators and thrill everyone by overtaking the driver from the outside. None of this cars met my expectations, AI was really slow here. I politely managed to complete the race without much trouble.

2.) Tsukuba Circuit (10 laps):

1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03
2. Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) ----------- + 03.489 sec.
3. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
4. Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
5. Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97
6. Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03

Our Evo8 used Tsukuba circuit to demonstrate its cornering abilities. It wasn't complaining until we reached half of the race; its tires at that moment were hot enough to speed up that cornering speed and eventually overtake me on the longest straightway. Other AI automatons increased their speed too, but luckily I had enough space to finish the race in second place. By the time I crossed finish line, the pack led by the GT-R34 was around half second behind me.

Standings after Round 2:
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) --- 16 pts
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 --- 13 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00 --- 10 pts
Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02 --- 7 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97 --- 3 pts
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03 --- 3 pts​

3.) Tokyo Route 246 Reverse (5 laps):

1. Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97
2. Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03
4. Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
5. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
6. Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) --------- + 09.990 sec.

Route 246 revealed all weakness of my car to the table of grand tourer fancy club. I was struggling to keep the pace other AI opponents were demanding as the car would often roll if speed even slightly exceed what the chassis could tolerate. Even though I qualified first, almost everyone successfully overtook me, with the exception of the two Skyline models that kept me occupied for some time as a result of that. The 350GT ran away first; after two laps it completely disappeared from my viewpoint. The GT-R34 was very slow, so its moment to show off came much later, on the final lap. Then I got replaced by that guy as well. Unexpectedly, this race brought us new pole keeper, the GT-R33.

4.) Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course (4 laps):

1. Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) --------- - 01.483 sec.
2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
3. Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97
4. Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
5. Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
6. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03

Usually I want to finish competing on Motegi circuits as soon as possible due to tedious layout of the track, but this time, I wanted to finish it quickly because opponents were carefully approaching corner after corner. I'm glad the race lasted 4 laps as I wouldn't be able to withstand another lap. It is easy to build 2.5 second distance over other at first, but AI eventually shrinks that advantage. My movements on last two laps weren't as smooth as before, but I remained focused. The Evo8 failed to keep up with the rest of us, a bit unusual. My cornering wasn't that difficult as during the previous round, such big weight actually has some role on slower corners.

Standings after Round 4:
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) --- 27 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00 --- 18 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97 --- 17 pts
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 --- 17 pts
Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02 --- 15 pts
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03 --- 9 pts

5.) Suzuka Circuit (4 laps):

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97
Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) ---------- + 11.969 sec.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03

Qualification result deceived me; around 4 seconds of advantage over others went into recycle bin as soon the race started. Before I reached the first corner, I was already at 4th position. The position gauge changed to 6th on the second lap, while I was trying to overtake the Impreza from the outside on the first corner. I went too wide and touched nearby sand trap. I still had slim chance against the Evo8, which once again failed to provide us a reason for his incompetence. The last, sharp corner of the final lap allowed me to overtake that Evo8 and reach 5th position. I clearly doubt I would be able to reach better that 5th in normal circumstances; on lap 3 the pack significantly increased their speed and distance of usual 6 seconds widened to 10 seconds immediately.

Final Results:
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89:) --- 29 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) '00 --- 28 pts
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97 --- 23 pts
Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02 --- 19 pts
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 --- 18 pts
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03 --- 12 pts

That journalist Biston paid me a visit again. He knows the matter, but I wish he wasn't that annoying.

What happened back there? How did you manage to win the entire championship with only 29 points? What kind of deception did you manage to pull?

Wha...you're already starting with this? There was no deception in question, I just had that luck to withstand numerous changes on the grid. It rarely happens, but technically, it is possible as you can see anyway.

Matej, Matej... I know you're trying to get hold of the trophy, but is it really necessary to go that far? People have been asking questions, you know... pointing fingers at you... do you really want to ruin your credibility like that?

What people, what fingers?! What the hell are you blabbing about?! Can't you count those points?

But people don't understand how two the most competitive drivers on the grid can drive that poorly and well on different occasions? Did you experience any collisions or anything?

I'm still thinking about what has happened. All of us raced flawlessly, without colliding or going off track. Why those two decided to reduce their pace when not required is a matter my brain still can't process.

But were the Evo8 and GT-R34 really the fastest cars on the grid?

Statistically, those two were the fastest, yes. The reality though, displayed something else.

Were you surprised with the GT-R33's victory?

Of course, that still tells us how older cars can be very competitive if they keep their consistency. I expected more from the newest Impreza, to be honest. I never fought side by side with it, but it should have been more competitive.

And the Coupe 350GT?

Didn't expect much from that driver. This is a grand tourer after all, not that far from my car in cornering department either.

But it still managed to beat some of you guys?

As I said, this race delivered very unusual results.

Was the unusual lineup that brought you fun in first place?

Mostly, yes. Interesting allocation of points made the race more unpredictable than any side by side competing. I didn't get much of the latter, actually.

Okay, let's talk about your car. There are plenty of Nissan models on the grid. Who exactly forced you to pick another one and join this repetitiveness?

Nobody forced me, man. I have always loved 4th generation Z models. It occurred to me I could buy one and challenge whatever competitors appear first.

Would you recommend the 300zx to other drivers?

For its visuals - yes, for its track performance - not quite. This is a grand tourer, quite vulnerable to high-speed driving. It requires much care before it can challenge serious competition.

Did you regret not buying a suspension kit?

It would be a welcome support on Tokyo round, but I doubt it would change the result. On cars like this one, you start with weight reductions first.

What if other people become fond of you and your heroism and decide to buy the rest of what is left on stock of Z department?

What?!

I don't like repeating myself, boy. People may start buying all those 4th generation models and head to compete in races they don't have chance of winning.

Do you ever listen to yourself? I just won the championship, it would be great if other would start appreciating the car even more, there is nothing wrong in that.

But the fifth Z generation brought what drivers always wanted, to be even with NSX or RX-7.

Yeah, the first generation raised the bar significantly. I doubt it will become as popular as the 4th generation was though.

I heard you complaining about qualifying? Was it necessary to qualify and why do you have to criticize the system if it allows you to start from pole position, hm? Why do you have to bring that much ungratefulness to your fans?

Ah...uh..(trying to stay calm)...humph... this sentence of mine will conclude this discussion, mark it well. I like to qualify to test my car and progress of competition, but on some tracks it means nothing if you start from stand still and opponents are highly powered.

See, then you obviously don't like it. Have a nice day, driver!

Last edited:
Japanese Compact Cup

Hello, everyone! Today we are going to see another great battle between compact cars of Japan. I decided to use lightly tuned Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98 against the following lineup:

Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00
Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01
Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02
Toyota Vitz F '99

Each race offered 104 A-spec points. I didn't qualify in order to get intense battle. I managed to note distance times of other opponents, but not on all races. If there is a blank space by a car, I didn't record it on time (I'll be more careful next time). Below the report you can find an interview to give you a good laughter. :)

The Sirion was delivering 86 HP on 890 kg. Below are all installed parts:

Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
NA Tune Stage 1
Port Polish
Engine Balancing

1.) Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course (2 laps):

1. Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01
2. Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) ---- + 0'05.055 sec.
3. Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 ----- + 0'07.703
4. Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 ----------- + 0'07.980
5. Toyota Vitz F '99 ---------------- + 0'08.140
6. Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02

Small and compact Motegi circuit is ideal for city class raffling because it requires decent ratio between speed and handling. Small straightway by the pit lane allowed my opponents to use my poor ratio of ditto coefficients and run away. However, traffic ahead made decent confusion and allowed me to get closer. Our bB, unit responsible for the traffic jam, pestered both Jazz and Yaris RS until they all reached last corner of the first lap. Then it was the speedy section that took care of all three; Jazz was now allowed to demonstrate how fast family car should run. I easily dodged both bB and RS afterwards, but lack of decent speed to catch the Jazz resulted in second position.

2.) Autumn Ring Mini Reverse (4 laps):

1. Toyota Vitz F '99
2. Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 ---------- + 0'01.826 sec.
3. Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) --- + 0'03.680
4. Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 ---- + 0'07.260
5. Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 ---- + 0'07.656
6. Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 ---- + 0'10.728

The Yaris duo was the one who arranged another traffic jam led by the bB to block me and Jazz. This time I was the one who used those wide corners effectively to get away from the traffic first. Very fast cornering on this track can be achieved by planning driving lines in advance, often attacking outside. This was particularly important on the last corner where outside line can overmatch opponent at the risk of pinning you down to the pit zone if you're not fast enough. If I attacked on the outside on every lap, I would've probably managed to catch up with the Yaris duo. Probably...

Standings after Round 2:
Toyota Vitz F '99 ------------------- 12 pts
Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 -------- 12 pts
Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) ------- 10 pts
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 --------------- 9 pts
Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 --------- 7 pts
Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 -------- 2 pts
3.) Tsukuba Circuit (3 laps):

1. Toyota Vitz F '99
2. Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00
3. Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01
4. Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) ----- + 0'10.347 sec.
5. Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00

Nothing encouraging can be said about this round. Tsukuba circuit features very long sections where extra ponies are priceless. I managed to overtake the Jazz once, on the second corner of the first lap, but my prayers didn't last for too long. Ten seconds distance over the leader is quite disturbing, more so because the bB was also very close by the time I crossed finish line.

4.) Deep Forest Raceway Reverse (2 laps):

1. Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:)
2. Toyota Vitz F '99 ------------------ + 0'00.487 sec.
3. Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 ------------- + 0'02.641
4. Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 ------- + 0'04.685
5. Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 ------- + 0'13.354
6. Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 ------- + 0'14.648

This race was all about catching up with the Yaris duo. When you know where key points on the track are this isn't really difficult to achieve. Mild corner surrounded by deep forest before the small tunnel was the place where the Yaris F went too wide into grassy part, allowing me to reach the first position with ease. I'm glad that happened as I probably wouldn't be able to score victory. I should point out how I accidentally bumped it from behind just before we entered the corner, but that collision was too weak to disturb its cornering line, I don't know what the guy was really doing anyway.

Standings after Round 4:
Toyota Vitz F '99 ------------------- 28 pts
Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) ------- 23 pts
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 -------------- 19 pts
Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 -------- 19 pts
Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 -------- 11 pts
Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 --------- 4 pts​

5.) Suzuka Circuit East Course (3 laps):

1. Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:)
2. Toyota Vitz F '99 ------------------ + 0'08.422 sec.
3. Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 ------------- + 0'09.673
4. Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 ------- + 0'09.823
5. Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00

Very easy race, the entire pack was left behind on the very first lap, by skillfully maneuvering around that section of mild left and right corners. Mind you, the Yaris F this time doesn't belong to the 'pack', I was very close by the time we reached straightway, but because it run away, I used second lap to overtake it on the same place. Anyway, this was definitely the easiest race with no drama of any kind.

Final Results:
Toyota Vitz F '99 ------------------- 34 pts
Daihatsu Storia CX 4WD '98:) ------- 33 pts
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '00 -------------- 23 pts
Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi Se Sp '01 -------- 22 pts
Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00 -------- 13 pts
Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 --------- 5 pts​

Journalist Biston was in good mood today, but that didn't stop him from being annoying again! Actually, he used everything he could use today to climb on top of my head.

How popular is JCC? People often enjoy racing on Autumn-ring or Deep Forest.
Not as popular as it should be. Races are quite short and average speed too low for majority of drivers. To experience decent challenge, you're required to carefully estimate potential of your vehicle as false judgment can make this challenge extremely easy or even hard.

Is the popularity of the event affected by poor speed this cars usually achieve on track?
The speed itself shouldn't affect popularity. When the race is uptight, even slow cars seem as they are ridiculously fast.

I sense you haven't noticed it, but this event allows for Kei cars entry.
Well, your sensors are broken. Of course I noticed it, but I haven't really met one. I doubt it will appear, this is a 'compact' car event after all.

Do you think Kei cars would have advantage over regular compact cars?
Assuming all cars are equal in power-to-weight ratio - no. Compact cars often reside on longer wheelbase and wider track, which is really important in reducing negative side-effects of aggressive cornering. Few Kei cars may have decent tire life and good mobility, but outside specific conditions, they wouldn't be able to use those virtues effectively.

Was that the reason you passed on using the Move RS Custom, because you were afraid of flipping over?
Now I sense you're trying to throw in some 'Move' jokes, I won't allow it. Any wrong statement from now on and you'll be moving out of here faster than the Move could move around the track, capish?

I wonder if people will ever realize how pathetic this joke and threat was.
It wasn't a joke, I was being serious. Just keep pushing...

Your previous statement brings us to another question: what stopped you, you had two victories at your hand and still managed to lose the entire championship?
Tsukuba round blended those points in favor of the Yaris duo, I was helpless. The round at Autumn was also questionable, I'm sure I would catch the RS if I had overtaken the bB way before.

So, the bB is to blame?
That driver was very persistent, it did a great job. You can't feel it unless you watch replay of the race.

Do I have to repeat myself?
Excuse me?!

Don't be. I want to know if you're really going to place all the guilt on that poor driver instead of yourself.
Unbelievable, how can you allow yourself to bring such silly conclusions!!

Hey, you lost the championship, not me. I can use whatever tools I want to bring your emotions to surface. But let's focus on another important question: why didn't you qualify for the last race... or all other races. You would have won if you did!
I don't conduct monkey business. I race fair and considerately, with no trump cards in my sleeves. Even though I didn't qualify, I'm satisfied because I acted heroically. Both Jazz and I did, actually.

Whoa, just listen to the big shot driver, his honest attitude is going to encourage tears to wash my face...
I would like to cry too, look how messy my face from all the coom is.

ogwbrr.jpg

Sirion and Yaris 'negotiating' for position.

Was the Jazz really that fast?
Yep, on straightway there was no such Yaris that could get away. CVT transmission is very tough, the car keeps its power high all the time.

But the Cube is supposed to have CVT as well, yet it failed to score more than one point per race.
Don't blame me, blame cubism. Some shapes have no place on racing circuits.

Why did you decide to use 4WD version of the CX?
4WD doesn't only provide traction, it also allows for smooth torque distribution during deceleration. Instead of using only one axle I allocated my power on two axles, thus eliminating need for an LSD.

Did that help?
Oh yes, the Sirion had no problem cornering at aggressive pace. Of course, as long as I didn't exceed limits set by its skinny tires.

What can you tell me about the Sirion in general? It isn't really common guise on racing events.
Lovely car, and like many Daihatsu models, it doesn't get the interest it really deserves. Lack of power in their lineup is the reason for that uncommonness - people can't really appreciate underpowered cars, even though they should.

Back in your report, you admitted hitting poor Yaris F from behind. Why did you do that and do you think you'll get away with this?
Get away with what? The collision was too mild to cause disturbance in his cornering. He probably got scared and acted unprofessionally. I'm not surprised though, this is a rookie event, many drivers still need to learn. But the point is - it was an accident that had no effect on the final result.

Yeah, yeah, talk that to someone who cares. I'm going to report you to the authorities.
Are you out of your mind, why?!

Because I can't allow such arrogant, low-level scum to escape from justice, especially after insulting my dear Move which, for your information, moves way faster than you could move in your Sirion CX.
Would you stop with this unrelated statements, do you really think I'm going to fall for this? And how would you know, you weren't even there. Y-You didn't see what really happened. The F went too wide...I-I-I was just behind, driving p-p-politely...I would never...H-HE STARTED IT!

Ha-ha, look at you, baby! I'm just kidding, I already watched the replay and everything was legitimate. Gee... you really need to grown up a bit more.
You bloody... don't you ever do this to me again!

Ha-ha, see you around, ace!
Grrr!

Last edited:
Event Synthesizer

Hello again! This time I decided to find challenging competition in Gran Turismo 2. I understand this thread may not be the most appropriate place to post it, but I don't plan on making more than three of these, so I would like to ask moderators to let me keep them here. :)

This time my destination was Event Synthesizer that can be awarded once you complete all 'S' license tests. My car was Tommy Kaira m13, tuned to produce 105 HP on 830 kg. Parts are listed below:

Close Gearbox, Sports Clutch, Sports Flywheel and all those NA upgrades (including Racing muffler tip) to boost the power to the figure above. Though, I'm not sure if the car had around 115 HP or not, but it was around these two values. No turbo parts or weight reductions were used.

My opponents:

Mazda MX-5 Miata '89
Toyota MR-S '99
Elan S4 Sprint '71
Starlet Glanza V '96
Citroen Saxo VTS

Below you can find another interview, probably the most interesting part of this post. ;)

1.) Red Rock Valley Speedway Reverse (2 laps):

1.) Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 ----- 3'22.963
2.) Toyota MR-S '99 ---------- + 0'00.178
3.) Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- + 0'00.341
4.) Starlet Glanza V '96 ------- + 0'00.989
5.) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- + 0'00.999 :)
6.) Citroen Saxo VTS --------- + 0'01.231

Beautiful circuit with challenging speedy sections. Because it was obviously built to satisfy Le Mans competitions, it leaves plenty of space for city cars to show off their engine potential. Close gearbox worked surprisingly well, granted top speed almost perfectly fit to length of the longest straightway. At one point, the MX-5 managed to run away from the rest of us, but MR2 and Elan didn't wait too long for retaliating; near half of the second lap, all three cars were battling neck and neck, again. Starlet somehow overtook me just before we crossed finish line. Hopefully, next track will contain more corners.

2.) Grindewald (2 laps):

1.) Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- 3'28.971
2.) Toyota MR-S '99 ---------- + 0'00.422
3.) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- + 0'01.424 :)
4.) Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 ----- + 0'01.507
5.) Citroen Saxo VTS --------- + 0'01.692
6.) Starlet Glanza V '96 ------- + 0'01.769

Elan was the one who took good care of this mountain paths and cottages, it was almost unstoppable. Both MX-5 and MR2 were fast, but not enough to pass by this veteran. Chain of high and medium-speed corners on the speedy downhill section is a good place for raising your speed and using it for overtaking maneuvers, but on the second lap, I couldn't find right path to avoid those moving obstacles, so I had to slow down, retire from overtaking and eventually give over second position to the MR2. Section running trough village before the finish line is another place where you can test your luck, but I failed to use that as well. Uh, difficult challenge, but extremely fun.

Standings after Round 2:
Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- 12 pts
Toyota MR-S -------------- 12 pts
Mazda MX-5 Miata -------- 11 pts
:) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- 6 pts
Starlet Glanza V '96 -------- 4 pts
Citroen Saxo VTS ---------- 3 pts

3.) High Speed Ring Reverse (2 laps):

1.) Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 ----- 2'36.633
2.) Toyota MR-S '99 ---------- + 0'00.105
3.) Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- + 0'00.770
4.) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- + 0'00.899 :)
5.) Citroen Saxo VTS --------- + 0'00.903
6.) Starlet Glanza V '96 ------- + 0'01.010

For some reason I increased damper ratio to 4-3, allowing my car to become bouncy on those banked corners. I run the car without verifying its potential, believing how nothing bad would happen if I add more response to the front end. Poor judgement. I'm not sure if different setup would change the result, but I would certainly have better chances. Did I mention the AI pack was shockingly fast?

4.) Clubman Stage Route 5 (2 laps):

1.) Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 ----- 2'20.431
2.) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- + 0'00.780 :)
3.) Toyota MR-S '99 ---------- + 0'01.448
4.) Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- + 0'01.747
5.) Citroen Saxo VTS --------- + 0'01.784
6.) Starlet Glanza V '96 ------- + 0'01.923

There are many places on this track where you can outpace your rivals, but those two last corners proved to be of big importance due to good exit speed that you can gain afterwards. I had enough skills (and luck) to cut them professionally, so I earned second place for my effort. The MX-5 was very fast this time, much faster than the Elan, that is for sure. Suspension setup worked flawlessly, it seems 3-3 damper ratio is the one I should use from now on. Hm, not that it can change anything, but at least one pole position would be nice...

Standings after Round 4:
Mazda MX-5 Miata -------- 27 pts
Toyota MR-S -------------- 22 pts
Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- 19 pts
:) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- 13 pts
Citroen Saxo VTS ---------- 7 pts
Starlet Glanza V '96 -------- 6 pts

5.) Trial Mountain (2 laps):

1.) Elan S4 Sprint '71 ------ 3'47.537
2.) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- + 0'00.300 :)
3.) Toyota MR-S '99 ---------- + 0'00.481
4.) Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 ----- + 0'00.872
5.) Starlet Glanza V '96 ------- + 0'01.255
6.) Citroen Saxo VTS --------- + 0'01.933

Elan was leading again, it seems that vintage cars are dominating subjects on tracks with ancient and complicated layouts. Plenty of places for overtaking, more than anywhere before, which led me to another second position. At one point, both MR2 and MX-5 pounced on those corners really hard, but that effort soon revealed itself as useless due to several medium sections prior finish line where AI often prefer to slow down more than necessary.

Final Results:
Mazda MX-5 Miata -------- 30 pts
Elan S4 Sprint '71 --------- 27 pts
Toyota MR-S -------------- 26 pts
:) Tommy Kaira m13 --------- 19 pts
Starlet Glanza V '96 -------- 8 pts
Citroen Saxo VTS ---------- 8 pts

Once again, our pit lane today was loaded with bothersome journalists, sponsors and so-called supporters. However, one particular obstacle overshadowed every other by large margin. Let's see who that may be.

Matej, you just lost another championship! The other day it was JCC, now this. Are we witnessing beginning of your downfall?
Oh, you would want that to happen, wouldn't you? So that you could pester me even more...

But statistic never lies, Matej. One point between you and the winner was acceptable back in JCC, even recommended to entertain the public, but now you weren't even close! How can you sleep at night?
Easily, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Winning and losing are natural conditions each driver has to face with time to time. Instead of worrying about these conditions, you have to think about what you can learn from them.

So, you're now switching to losers?
Actually, I was thinking about hunting down annoying journalists.

'Yes' it is. Okay, let's change the topic; how would you describe the Synthesizer championship? What kind of regulations it enjoins?
Judges do not disclose location of races until the last minute. All competitors are required to be driven in perfectly matched cars, to allow for unpredictable races. Engineers are working hard to balance those cars, you know.

Do you like the system?
Of course, I hardly experienced anything but close, nail-biting racing.

But some opponents couldn't negotiate valuable positions...
Yes, MX-5, MR2 and Elan had the edge over everything else. It is probably their drivetrain that made the difference.

Elan?! But that car is so small and old...
Well, obviously, it is still vital enough to teach us youngsters few lessons (laugh).

You're laughing? But should you be doing this? Your overall placement clearly implies otherwise.
As I told you before, desirable positions mean nothing if you don't learn something from all that experience. Even if I lose a race, I would try to absorb as much knowledge as possible and use it for future racing conditions if possible. Saxo and Starlet drivers obviously didn't posses enough skills to cope against us, hopefully they will use it in future to become even better. Their cars can take it, I'm certain.

Sorry, but there are no enough arguments coming from your 4th place pedestal to convince me your speech is meaningful at all. I don't think people want to listen what losers have to say.
I don't care what you think. I'm sure people will realize what I'm talking about.

And what if I refuse to publish that part of the interview?
I'll go public with statements against your Move. Believe me, even though I don't have spare time, I would do it.

Ahem... uh (nailed it!)...s-speaking of the Move, what did you use to move around? I noticed some M16 term in nameplate, but couldn't deduce it well from spectator bench.
Deduct three numbers, it is m13, built by Tommy Kaira.

Tommy's career? Who is Tommy?!
What damn career?! I said Tommy Kaira, T-o-m-m-y K-a-i-r-a.

You still haven't answered my question, Matej. Who is Tommy Kaira and how immoral you have to be to preempt achievements of his, probably more successful career?
I'm not going to be upset by your useless comments, not this time... it is a manufacturer, not a guy. Again, manufacturer, not a guy. Anything else I need to explain?

Plenty of things, but we'll get to that later.
Why do you have to be so mean...

Because I want to be. And you're hurting my Move - again. But let's put that by side, people would like to hear something about the m13, it isn't a car you can see everyday.
The m13 is an enhanced version of the K11 March generation. It features really wide tires, size 185 if I'm not mistaken, adjustable suspension and many interesting visual additions.

I heard you further tweaked engine power and suspension. Weren't you already satisfied with the changes Tommy had made?
Racing in difficult scenarios requires continuous, endless adjustments. For instance, the Close gearbox proved to be an excellent choice for this championship because the stock one was too wide. And suspension also required tweaks here and there despite it probably works better than that on the base model, G#.

Anything you would like to share with us regarding its handling?
I don't have anything to complain about, it was okay. On certain tracks you could help it by altering few parts, but even if you had decided to keep it stock, it would have been be more than useful.

What was the hardest race in your opinion?
All those high-speed races, my opponents simply had more power and that is what eventually managed to throw me out of the race for the title. As you can see, I had better performance on tracks with lots of corners.

So, you're saying those drivers used more power because judges figured out your cornering skills were that good?
Exactly, now we're getting somewhere!

Interesting. Clearly a nonsense, but definitely interesting one.
You have seen my results, it is only you who talks nonsense. Tracks with lots of corners verify my claim.

But even there, you failed to collect at least one trophy... such a shame...
What can i say, it was very difficult. Too bad we didn't have more than 2 laps on our disposal, it would have been so much better.

Would you like to send out a message to your fans... in case you have any?
Yes, pick a car you want to drive and join the fun!

That is all? Gee, I should have talked to the Elan driver over there. I'm sure he would give me better speech, free of 4th-pedestal quality marks...

Than why are you here anyway? Leave at once and don't come back!

Oh, we both know that won't happen. See you soon!

Last edited:
GT300 Championship

Greetings, supporters! Another report below has been completed to give you an good idea of how competitive races can be found if adequate car is used. I decided to compete against GT300 machines using Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93, fully modded, using best and the most expensive parts your money can buy. That delivered 296 ponies on 1944 lbs.

I fought against:

[R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99
[R]Taeivon FTO GT '99
[R]BP Trueno GT '99
[R]Weds Celica GT '99
[R]Momo MR2 GT '99

As usual, below the report is interesting interview, to give you some chuckle, hopefully. :scared:

1.) Grand Valley East Section (5 laps):

1.) [R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 ----------- 5'26.752
2.) [R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 ---------- + 0'00.735
3.) [R]BP Trueno GT '99 ------------ + 0'01.945
4.) [R]Weds Celica GT '99 ---------- + 0'03.999
5.) [R]Momo MR2 GT '99 ----------- + 0'04.235
6.) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 ----- + 0'09.283 :)

The first race highlighted and separated threats from slowpokes. Both MR2 and Celica were securing back of the grid while FTO and Silvia were fighting for the lead, occasionally pestered by Trueno. S-turn prior small tunnel was a good place for closing the gap and preparing for some overtaking maneuvers at incoming S-turn past the tunnel. On final lap at that particular place, I accidentally lost control over the car and spun out due to aggressive weight transfer. Very bad occurrence, I could have placed third...

2.) Laguna Seca Raceway (5 laps):

1.) [R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 ------------- 6'50.809
2.) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 ------- + 0'00.978 :)
3.) [R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 ----------- + 0'01.880
4.) [R]BP Trueno GT '99 ------------- + 0'02.273
5.) [R]Momo MR2 GT '99 ------------- + 0'02.692
6.) [R]Weds Celica GT '99 ------------ + 0'03.054

Great battle against FTO for the first 4 laps. Other opponents weren't that far either, but they certainly weren't pushing as hard as the FTO. 'Corkscrew' corner was a really dangerous place for my MX-5 to hang around, the end rear would often become bouncy during braking sequences. On the final lap, Silvia discretely approached and before I could even realize, overtook everything that was standing in its way. I was pushing really hard, but that small straight section by the finish line was going in Silvia's favor. Too bad for the FTO, it would've mixed those points nicely.

Standings after Round 2:
[R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 --------- 16 pts
[R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 --------- 10 pts
:) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 --------- 7 pts
[R]BP Trueno GT '99 ---------- 7 pts
[R]Momo MR2 GT '99 --------- 4 pts
[R]Weds Celica GT '99 --------- 4 pts

3.) Deep Forest Raceway (5 laps):

1.) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 ------ 6'11.508 :)
2.) [R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 --------- + 0'02.296
3.) [R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 --------- + 0'02.420
4.) [R]BP Trueno GT '99 ----------- + 0'03.372
5.) [R]Weds Celica GT '99 --------- + 0'07.055
6.) [R]Momo MR2 GT '99 ---------- + 0'08.068

Hours and hours of training on this track should leave some results, don't you agree? Those guys fought hard for some time, but after third lap, the tension reduced, allowing me to relax and enjoy beautiful sunset. No problems with setup or car behavior either, on my biggest surprise. Small mixture of top opponents' points gave me little hope that all is not lost yet...

4.) Midfield Raceway (5 laps):

1.) [R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 --------------- 6'04.225
2.) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 --------- + 0'00.322 :)
3.) [R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 ------------- + 0'01.020
4.) [R]Weds Celica GT '99 ------------- + 0'01.794
5.) [R]BP Trueno GT '99 --------------- + 0'02.427
6.) [R]Momo MR2 GT '99 -------------- + 0'03.303

Very unusual to see Celica beating Trueno, but such things do happen when you drive over sand traps for no reason. Keeping polite distance before the tunnel was necessary to compensate for the loss on the straightway prior finish line. Couldn't do it on the final lap, unfortunately. But it was a good battle, nevertheless!

Standings after Round 4:
[R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 --------- 28 pts
:) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 --------- 21 pts
[R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 --------- 20 pts
[R]BP Trueno GT '99 ---------- 12 pts
[R]Weds Celica GT '99 --------- 9 pts
[R]Momo MR2 GT '99 --------- 6 pts

5.) Apricot Hill Raceway (5 laps):

1.) [R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 ------------- 6'59.578
2.) [R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 ----------- + 0'00.878
3.) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 ------- + 0'01.153 :)
4.) [R]BP Trueno GT '99 -------------- + 0'01.709
5.) [R]Momo MR2 GT '99 -------------- + 0'03.002
6.) [R]Weds Celica GT '99 ------------- + 0'03.769

Slow-paced S-turn surrounded by sand pits at the second half of the track was difficult to overcome due to intense squeezing initiated by other drivers trying to clean it as fast as possible. That, combined with incoming speedy section, prohibited scoring more than 4 points on this race. Overtaking FTO on this track was crucial in order to remain second overall - failed to do it, as you may have expected.

Final Results:
[R]Zanavi Silvia GT '99 --------- 36 pts
[R]Taeivon FTO GT '99 --------- 26 pts
:) [R]Mazda MX-5 V-Spec '93 --------- 25 pts
[R]BP Trueno GT '99 ---------- 15 pts
[R]Weds Celica GT '99 --------- 10 pts
[R]Momo MR2 GT '99 --------- 8 pts

I don't know what is more difficult; to engage in a championship with under-powered car or to face repulsive person, such as Biston, the journalist.

How are you going to face your sponsors and fans? You just lost another championship!
In races where battle is constantly tense, it doesn't matter whether you lose or win because knowledge and pleasure you gain afterwards is really intoxicating!

You still support that preposterous idea?!
Of course! Unlike majority of drivers, I don't care about winning at all, neither that is something that encouraged me to join circuit racing in first place.

In that case I would advise you to start packing your bags. You obviously don't belong to this scenario anymore...
I'm not going to 'pack my bags', will you give it a rest?!

Whatever. But tell me, were you out of your mind?!
What now?

Using Mazda MX-5 as a GT300 car?! It is a roadster, for crying out loud, what were you thinking?!
I believe I have already answered this question to other colleagues of yours, I'm not really in mood for repeating...

Well, I'm not 'other colleagues', so answer my question, please.
Okay... we were really lucky, to be honest. My manager stumbled across one of the Mazdaspeed engineers and they announced cooperation, out of the blue. They gave us the car and all the parts we requested. We were especially anxious upon seeing draft of the entire car once it was done. White body, blue stripes... it was really charming, you know.

So... you were seduced by visuals, yes? Professional driver, allegedly deemed as one of course, to be influenced by simple visuals. Hm, I wonder what kind of reaction this claim will invoke in my article...
I never said that, are you even listening to my words? The exterior was certainly attractive element, but it didn't have any effect on our decision to race with MX-5. We just took it because our budget is limited and we gladly accept any friendly assistance.

And what did you do in return?
Nothing particularly, we just promised we'll do our best to complete the championship successfully.

What a bunch of pigeons, what did they expect? To give a trust to guys like yourself...Unbelievable...They must be mourning as we speak... I would.
Hey, hey, show some respect, okay?

29pzu6x.jpg

My lovely chariot...

Anyway... well prepared car like this one must have been very competitive, true?
It wasn't that good, to be honest. Because the engine isn't build to sustain that much power, installation of turbo kits created very steep power band. Its light weight wasn't very friendly either, the car would often jump here and there. Next time we'll test our skills with heavier machine.

Well, well, ain't that hypocrisy in progress. To believe you would dare to talk about 'respect'...
If you don't like it, you can leave.

Oh, I'm not done with you, not even close. Tell me something, your report claims you spun out on the first race, is that correct?
Yes, it is. Not something I can brag about, but I can't deny it either.

Did you do it on purpose?
Excuse me? Why would I spin on purpose?!

You tell me.
Well, I didn't do it on purpose, what makes you think that?!

I watched your replay, you didn't do anything to prevent the spin.
My dear journalist, as you may know, once you lose control over your car there is absolutely nothing that can prevent an accident. Not your car or your skills. Once you do it, it is over.

I have seen many drivers recovering from danger without much trouble.
Then you must be playing too much of Gran Turismo, he-he.

What is Gran Turismo? What are you talking about?
Never mind, just scratch that.

Not a chance. Your cheap methods of concealing actions you did against humanity and your pride is just hilarious!
For how long I'll have to stand this crap?!

First - mind your language, second - for as long as it takes. Answer my next question: what exact part on your car did you adjust mostly?
You do not deserve any answers, you realize that?

Answer my question immediately. You're not in position to repulse, remember?
It was downforce. Reducing rear value to allow for more agility and top speed helped on tracks where the car wasn't initially unstable. Surprisingly, gearbox and suspension didn't receive that much of our attention.

Cool... look, there is one thing that is of big interest to me...
Yes...?

That Celica. Why was it so slow?
It suffered from some acceleration problems, its engine would constantly tremble while accelerating. I've never driven it, so I can't provide more details.

Of course, it wasn't your car, after all.
Obviously.

But aren't you interested in what your opponents keep up their sleeves?
That guy wasn't in my team, as you have already said, neither it was competitive enough to put my overall position at stake. Should I really be concerned about these things?

I don't know, you tell me.
We both know answer on that. Besides, it is not that I could do something about it even I knew its capabilities.

Are you sure? You didn't even know whether you spin on purpose or by accident...
Yes, I'm sure! And I know what you're trying to pull here, so make sure it disappears right away, otherwise I may change my manner towards you...

Like you changed length of your reports? I noticed they are getting smaller and smaller. Do you lack certain inspiration to write two or three decent sentences or you're just tired of it?
I think the former is the answer.

Interesting. And how much inspiration you usually need to accomplish what you shouldn't do in first place?
I don't understand.

Let's say... to spin out on purpose in order to entertain judges and spectators and afterwards, use that 'bonus' as an argument to discretely negotiate moving yourself few points on the list...
What the hell are you blabbing about?! What kind of nonsense is this?!

'Unscrupulous Matej brings corruption to motorsports'... Hm... it still lacks sappiness, don't you think?
No, you hav... (interrupted...)

You would change the headline?! By all means, spit it out, I'm listening.
I'm not going to be destabilized by nuisance like yourself. Besides, I find funny how you're accusing me of being 'corrupted', which is clearly pathetic and inconsiderate, yet you don't seem to notice deception other drivers managed to pull. Mind this, you didn't hear me complaining about that at all!

Every single competitor apart from myself carries significantly more than 300 ponies beneath its hood.

And that is it?!
Excuse me?! GT300 event is supposed to prohibit power above that value! That is not response I was expecting.

Outrageous! Those are very important evidences Matej!
Aren't they?! So, what are you going to do about it?

WHY?!!!! :mad:

But I don't want to do it on 'purpose', Matej. You know, it is more exciting when it happens by accident. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?
I'm done with this. (trying to leave...)

I heard something interesting...
Probably something that goes against me.

Sadly, no. I heard you're about to sign up for the Pikes Peak challenge next month.
And? That is not of your concern.

We'll see about that. Bye! (leaving...)
He can't be serious... :indiff:

---
And that is it, for now. Did you find my interviews funny? Comments, please. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the support, guys! Because English is not my prime language, I need to know if humor I create makes any sense and if I have a feel for it. :)

I plan on doing another report featuring Pikes Peak course from GT2. I'll try to add more pics this time.

Pike Peak Hill Climb

Another report written using GT2 disc as a template for the story. This time I made up the entire competition by running Pike Peak Uphill event several times with different cars. All cars had Racing modifications and majority of power upgrades. The idea was to pill up all the times and separate them by classes. In order to get consistency results, of the three runs which were fictitiously monitored, two were compiled using random numbers provided by a web randomizer.

Below the results is the interview composed to entertain. Click the quote below to reveal the full results.

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Results

U - Unlimited; V - Vintage; A - Group A; N - Modified low-displacement cars
Escudo Pikes Peak Version ---- U ---- 4'47.737
Cultus Pikes Peak Version ---- U ---- 4'52.611
Corolla Rally Car '98 -----A ---- 6'45.285
Pulsar GTi-R '91 -----A ---- 6'51.832
Astra SRi 2.0i ---- A ---- 6'55.510
Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 ---- A ---- 6'56.654
306 S16 ---- A ---- 6'56.949
Stratos ---- V ---- 7'04.996
Puma 1.7 Zetec-SE ---- A ---- 7'08.340
Camaro Z28 '69 ---- V ---- 7'13.750
500 Sporting ---- N ---- 7'32.835
Vivio RX-RA ---- N ---- 7'38.120
Sirion CX 2WD ---- N ---- 9'09.136
Cooper 1.3i ---- N ---- 9'09.484​

Overall Hill Climb Winner

Escudo Pikes Peak Version --- 4'47.737

Class U Winner

Escudo Pikes Peak Version --- 4'47.737

Class V Winner

Stratos --- 7'04.996

Class A Winner

Corolla Rally Car '98 --- 6'45.285

Class N Winner

500 Sporting --- 7'32.835

Consistency Results​

Sirion CX 2WD ----- 3'03.004 ---- 3'03.105 ---- 3'03.027 = [+ 0'00.124]
Cooper 1.3i ----- 3'03.102 ---- 3'03.198 ---- 3'03.184 = [+ 0'00.178]
500 Sporting ----- 2'30.814 ---- 2'31.158 ---- 2'30.863 = [+ 0'00.393]
Vivio RX-RA ----- 2'32.563 ---- 2'32.652 ---- 2'32.905 = [+ 0'00.431]
Corolla Rally Car '98 ----- 2'14.507 ---- 2'14.872 ---- 2'15.906 = [+ 0'00.764]
Stratos ----- 2'21.076 ---- 2'22.304 ---- 2'21.616 = [+ 0'00.768]
Astra SRi 2.0i ----- 2'18.187 ---- 2'18.592 ---- 2'18.731 = [+ 0'00.949]
306 S16 ----- 2'18.548 ---- 2'19.487 ---- 2'18.914 = [+ 0'01.305]
Camaro Z28 '69 ----- 2'24.101 ---- 2'24.353 ---- 2'25.296 = [+ 0'01.447]
Pulsar GTi-R '91 ----- 2'16.724 ---- 2'17.868 ---- 2'17.240 = [+ 0'01.660]
Puma 1.7 Zetec-SE ----- 2'22.212 ---- 2'22.974 ---- 2'23.154 = [+ 0'01.704]
Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 ----- 2'18.265 ---- 2'18.798 ---- 2'19.591 = [+ 0'01.859]
Cultus Pikes Peak Version ----- 1'50.906 ---- 1'51.514 ---- 1'50.191 = [+ 0'02.038]
Escudo Pikes Peak Version ----- 1'48.045 ---- 1'50.510 ---- 1'49.182 = [+ 0'03.602]​

The Most Consistent Runner

Sirion CX 2WD --- + 0'00.124​

Greetings, Matej! Aren't you happy to see me? Scrape that gloominess off your face, we have a work to do.
No, I'm not happy to see you. What are you doing here?

Is that how you greet all your friends and superiors? Gee, no wonder nobody wants to hang out with you...
We are not friends and most certainly you're not superior to me! How did you get past security guards anyway?

You call those two 'security guards'? (pointing at pit engineers). Oh, boy, I think you're using them for wrong purpose then!
Journalists aren't supposed to be here. Leave this area and join the lodge, as the rest of your colleagues did.

See this badge? It is a VIP pass. I can be whenever I want, wherever I want.
How encouraging...

It is, isn't it? And my colleagues have been asking me how I always manage to scoop such wonderful stories for our magazine... It is all about devotion and persistence, I tell them. Devotion and persistence.
Look, man... I don't want to be interviewed by you right now.

I don't understand, what is that supposed to mean?
It means that I don't want to be pestered by any journalist right now. I have just finished racing and would appreciate if you could leave me in peace for some time. I need to rest and prepare for a trip back to my hometown.

Irrelevant. We are going to engage into conversation. Please, move closer and hold this microphone for a minute, I need to check whe- (interrupted)
Hey, hey, forget about the microphone, I'm not doing this!

Look, boy, it took me two exhausting days to fly over to Colorado and additional one hour to climb on this summit. I have wasted enough amount of strength and money on this, so show some respect.
Respect?! And what about my feelings?!

Not sure, what about them?
You do realize that I'm the only one doing sacrifice here? Other drivers are currently resting in the restaurant or nearby cottage, they are not being interrogated. Have you ever considered that I should receive the same treatment? Our flight is arriving next day and we haven't even started preparations regarding clean up of our tools and cars - because you're in my way!

What I do realize is that the clock is ticking and we haven't started with the interview yet. You claim that you're tired. The sooner we start with this, the better outcome for your health, yes?
Okay, but under once condition: if I find the article even slightly defamatory, I'm going to press heavy charges against you and your publishers. I'm not going to allow you to mock me.

Whatever. Now, let's open the chapter with a decent question: is this your first time competing on Pike Peak Hill Climb?
Yes, it is...

Louder! And cheer up! Is it or is it not?
Yes, it is!

You seem to be excited. Can you tell us why?
Do I look excited?!

Just answer the question, please.
I'm not excited anymore because the event has already finished.

Au, that is bad. Tell us then, why were you excited? What makes hill climbing so special?
I think it is the concept of competition. Uphill point-to-point races are always different, quite authentic if you want. What you do and how you do it is different from what you get on usual circuit events.

Isn't that similar to rallying?
Yes, in a way. Safety regulations and point-to-point paradigm seems to be the most related factors. But on Pikes Peak you get to drive far more powerful machines, on much steeper courses at that. So, even if may be the same, in most cases it just isn't.

In other words, level of danger is much higher on hill climb challenges.
On this particular challenge - yes. Vehicles that appear in Unlimited class are beyond imagination of an ordinary men. That kind of brutality is not for everyone, really.

Putting your life at stake for such occasion... how can you endure this? It seems to me that life-threatening situations appear on almost every corner.
Either you have what it takes to deal with it or you don't. That is what racing is all about.

Would you like to change anything about that?
If that would ruin the concept of the challenge, than no. Different conditions, no matter how much they may compromise overall safety, are necessary to create diversity in motorsports.

Even if that could bring few lives at stake?
AT stake, at stake, at stake... I'm sorry, but nobody is forcing you to participate.

I know, that is why I didn't sign up for the event.
I was speaking in general. By the way, you seem to be very concerned about safety. When did you become so fearful? I remember how you used to criticize my 'poor' performance on challenges. I would presume you have what it takes to function at high speeds...

Don't take this personal, but I'm the one asking questions here.
Seriously? I've been answering all of your questions without hesitating, even though I shouldn't have considering your behavior. How come you can't admit that you're just a chicken with big mouth?

That makes two additional questions. Do I have to repeat what I previously said?
I don't like the way you're treating me.

Keep complaining and it will get worse. Shall we move on?
How about no?

I'm going to interpret it as 'yes'. Now, let's talk about the cars. Tell me, what type of classes do we get to see on this event? I noticed vast amount of different vehicles. I'm sure people would like to learn how to differ one from another.
Hmph... there are four classes in the event, based on the engine displacement and body type. Vintage class is an exception though, they compete together regardless of the two criteria.

I haven't seen much vintage participants this year.
Well, I can't order people what to drive.

28m0p68.jpg

You can't order people what to drive but the Pulsar is what they would drive anyway.

May I ask you what is the purpose of such classification when they all run on the same course, under same conditions?
Some cars are too slow to keep up with high-tech machines. That is why they compete against members of their own class, thus increasing chances to win a title at least in one field.

So only one trophy is kept for those who don't have enough funds to be at the top?
Not exactly. You can also aim for consistency between each run and win appropriate 'the most consistent team' title. That is why some drivers prefer using slower cars anyway, because they believe it is easier to control occurrences at lower speeds and achieve identical results on each of the three run.

And what do you think, is it easier with slower cars?
In most cases, yes. But some unexpected drivers can pull miracles even with high-powered cars that are naturally harder to control.

Okay, I believe that explains everything. Now, why is that you guys have to run the course three times? Wouldn't be better to run the entire course once?
It makes sense because we run shorter version of the track. It lasts around 2 minutes, so several rounds can be completed relatively quick. In addition, it wouldn't be possible to fight for the consistency the other way.

Ah, I see. But what is the point of running a shorter version?
That is how the system works. I try not to think about these details.

I heard rumors other sections are being under construction...
I don't know, haven't heard anything about it.

They say roads are being paved. The same treatment may affect this section too.
Again, I don't know anything about it. People must have brought such decision long before the challenge was announced, so naturally, none of us could do anything about it. Not that we care about it either.

Would you prefer driving on tarmac?
Well, paving roads would certainly increase safety of other competitors. It is hard to control 800+ hp machines on gravel, you know.

That doesn't answer my question. Would you prefer driving on tarmac?
Um, I guess.... but what difference does it make anyway? You drive on what you need to drive on. Real drivers wouldn't complain.

Have you forgotten what I previously said about my role in this interview?
That was a rhetorical question, what is wrong with you?!

I didn't interpret it as one. Next question: now that the car topic has be...
Yes, but you can't app- (interrupted)

NEXT QUESTION! Now that the car topic has been brought to our readers, we should discuss some of those cars, correct? Tell us, what were you driving? Was it a Camaro?
No, it was a Ford Puma. Franky, I don't see how could you have overlooked this, I'm standing right next to it!

Don't patronize me, please. I ask for a reason.
Reasons obviously inconceivable to me. Anyway, I gave you the answer.

Puma, you said. That would be... ah, yes the kit regulations, Group A! Mind if I as ask how come you opted for a kit car?
Our budget was a bit tight this year. At one point, we even considered entering N class in case we don't collect enough funds. Luckily, it all turned out well.

The way you're telling me this implies that you actually dislike N class. Is this true?
Of course not. We just always tend to aim for higher classes.

Good. Now, about those modifications. Have you applied extensive ones to your car?
Quite extensive, yes. You cannot bypass some rules, but can still do plenty within them. We changed gearbox, engine and body, all to make the best use of regulations.

And how many time did you spend altering your car?
Quite a lot, but not as much as one would think. It is important to get the gearbox right, especially on turbocharged cars. We also tried to find a good setup to allow the car to pull inwards on the way out of a corner. Racing uphill centers all of the car's weight on the back end, so at least we wanted to assure the car uses maximum grip potential of the front axle.

Interesting. And did you change setup between the runs?
Nope, we didn't use that option. Some people prefer tweaking their cars after each run in order to find the best setup for each additional round, by relying on the experience from previous run. However, I believe overall setup is not as important as consistency of your driving. We made one general setup and then switched all our focus on driving itself.

And the result was...?
Satisfactory.

am9uyw.jpg

That is what I'm talking about - the Puma!

I'm looking at the results, but I don't see a place for satisfaction... would you like to elaborate?
If you're pointing at my overall position, I shall remind you how an ultimate victory is not what I'm aiming for.

Hm, but you were completely decimated by other kit rivals of your class. It also seems as you weren't that diligent in consistency department either. Yeah, I would say that your losing streak is going well, if that is what you aim for.

No comment? Quite ingenious move, but let's not forget how silence is a sign of consent, according to what philosophy says.
How long is this going to last? I'm starting to get sick of this interview, honestly.

No rush, no rush, we still have some work to do. Now, people like competition, not just in racing. They love when drivers are brave enough to comment performance of their rivals. How about it?
Forget it, I do not feel comfortable discussing my rivals. If you really need slanderous speech, you can always read your colleagues' work. Plenty of sick claims can be found there.

Do not insult my profession, please. Besides, who said anything about the drivers? You just need to comment their performance. That is all.
What?! But that is the exactly the same thing!

Let's see... ah, that guy, of course! He set impressive time of 6'55.510 with Astra 2.0 kit car, beating even a 4WD Group A rally car!
It can happen. It was a turbocharged kit car at that. If properly set, FF cars can be as fast as 4WD ones.

But I heard its suspension wasn't very suitable for racing...
Suspension of the stock Astra may not be, but I presume they did all they could to make it otherwise.

Ah, okay, but a turbocharged kit car? Is that even possible?
If regulations allow - yes. Nobody complained so I presume it was okay.

And the Camaro? I heard they had troubles with lack of rear grip on corner exits.
Likely possible. It is a muscle car, after all. But what I did like about that team is focus on clearing majority of corners in second gear. You can hear if they are doing it by listening to the engine.

Such things can be executed?
Yeah, abundant torque delivery can make it happen. Hence why they have to be careful when opening a throttle.

Now, have you meet the 500 Sporting? I think this was an Italian competitor.
I think the driver was British. Not sure about his crew though.

Are you trying to dispute my source of information?
I'm just saying that he is British. If you're coming with such pointless topics, at least make sure you got them right.

Who said anything about the driver? I was aiming for the car.
In that case, yes, the Sporting was an Italian competitor. Like that would change anything...

It changes everything. Anyway, he was far quicker than another car from the same class, Subaru Vivio. Can you tell us why?
The Vivio team had issues with gearbox. Not sure what kind of issues, but they were there.

I cheered for the Vivio, you know.
Really...?

This used to be number one Kei car of mine, you know.
Okay...

Too bad they never figured out how to shrink a boxer engine and put it inside...
Will you get to the point?!

He lost, that is the point. Even to cheap shots like you, he lost.
Was this really necessary?

Yes, because I blame you.
This has nothing to do with me. Besides, the team came 4th on consistency valuation. If anything, you should be happy about that, instead of provocatively putting this all on me for no reason whatsoever. My patience bar is at very critical level, I would like to remind.

Um, but 4th position is not enough for me. But I suppose you're right, I should be happy. People often tell me how I have a soft spot for Kei cars. That is why I get easily excited.
Get yourself together, man. I don't have time for this.

I heard the Sporting had a very low top speed. There are some speedy sections up there, how clever is to sacrifice your speed on this circuit?
If a better acceleration can shrink run times more effectively than higher top speed on straights, it does make sense. You say they made a compromise in speed, so I presume they had one of those affordable sports close gearboxes that cannot be adjusted as professional and expensive ones. Typical solution for teams operating with low budget. They managed to be very competitive at the end, though, so I believe they didn't regret it.

Wrong. They kept the stock gearbox. Close gearbox would shrink the speed even more.
Okay, okay, like I would care anyway...

Enough. I noticed the car had quad aftermarket headlights. Where is the point in having one if you never race at night?
The Sporting was tuned to serve as a budget rally car, which means it could compete on traditional rally events that may be driven at night. There is no need to remove the headlights and do reconstruction of chassis and electronics once again.

1tsqvq.jpg

Here it is, the Sporting. What those headlights did to anyone, I don't understand...

And if you were a Sporting driver, would you take the headlights off? I did some calculations, can't remember the exact numbers, but it would certainly reduce aero resistance and weight on the front end.
True, but how important these factors in rallying are, that is what you need to ask yourself. I clearly doubt they would compensate for the lack of visibility at night. Not to mention that you need to deal with reconstruction once again, as I said before you asked me this meaningless question.

That doesn't answer my question. Would you or would you not?
WOULD I DO WHAT?!

Hey, what is the matter with you, why are you yelling all of a sudden?!
Because I can't endure this any longer, it is so tiresome. Who would be interested in this kind of questions anyway?!

There are people, you're certainly the last person who needs to worry about this. Besides, you have much difficult task to comply.
Oh, yeah?! And what is the task?

To answer my questions. Having said that, let's bring the question you refused to answer: if you were a Sporting driver, would you take the headlights off? I have to warn you that this is the third time I'm trying to get an answer, better do it properly this time.
NO, I WOULD NOT REMOVE THE BLOODY HEADLIGHTS!!

Lower your voice, immediately. And elaborate the answer.
WH..?! I'm not going to elaborate anything. Get you stuff and get the hell out of here!

I'm not going anywhere until I get what I want. And what I want is a proper interview.
That is not of my concern anymore. If you're not leaving, I am.

Hey, where are you going, boy?!
Get your hands off me!!

Ouch! This situation required response of the law enforcement. Luckily, few police officers were standing in vicinity when the incident occurred. Biston was arrested for troublesome behavior while Matej received a penalty for decimating Biston's microphone.

Biston eventually left Matej alone, it is rumored that his occupation now is stalking Kei drivers and drivers that allegedly dislike Kei cars. He often monitors rally and endurance events. His articles are still gaining monstrous popularity.

After hiatus caused by Biston's stressful approach, Matej continued to participate in motorsports events. He haven't lost a race since then.

Last edited:
Cool! Ill have to fire up GT4 and try taking my Escudo up Pike's Peak!
He-he, good luck with that, hardly any rally track in GT4 can substitute Pikes Peak from GT2. Okay, maybe Grand Canyon to a degree.

Pikes peak in Gt2 is tight but flowing if that makes sense, Grand canyon in GT4 is not flowing and would hence be terrible in the GT4 Escudo (turbo lag much) IMO, the only dirt track I'd attempt to drive the Escudo at in GT4, is Swiss Alps.

Nürburgring Track Day

Part I

After the embarrassing skirmish at Pikes Peak International Uphill challenge, Biston decided to run away from everything and travel to Germany to interview popular Schwarzwald Liga B driver, Augusto Montana. He didn't realize that peaceful recreation like this one will open a prologue to another glorious adventure that will hurt anyone involved in it.

(...)

And that is what kept you motivated during the entire race?! :crazy:
Yes, Mr. Biston! If you want to try German sausages in cooperation with a bun you have to survive the race. Such motivation was all I needed to overcome plague of this deadly course. I like eating, you know.
How can anyone race while thinking about food?
There are people. It might sound unbelievable, but it is a token of how skillful driver one really is.
And how come your lap times are pitiful? What did your pit crew say to you?
They said I was very slow. They actually tried to scold me, can you believe that?! :crazy:
It seems that you can't.
Of course. Out of 42 drivers, I finished 29th. That is quite a good result.
If you like losing, yes. But should I remind you how all of the drivers below you crashed or experienced mechanical failure?
Um...
See? It is a token of your loss and uselessness as a racing driver. In other words, you suck.
Hey, what kind of attitude is that? :grumpy:
Ask your sausages. And the bun.
How? They can't speak.
Wha..? Okay, I think we are done here.
Already? But we haven't mentioned anything about my past achievements. Do you think your readers would be interested in those?
Hardly. As I said, I think we are done here.
Already? But I have plenty of things to say about my career.
Just as I have plenty of reasons to reject your 'things'. Let's try for another turn - I think we are done here.
Already? Oh, come on, man. It will be fun! I presume you never heard a thing about Sunday Cup, yes? Oh, what a lovely challenge that was, I spent majority of my seas-

At that point, a scene occupied Biston's attention...

What is that?
Hey, you previously said how I shouldn't interrupt you wh- (interrupted)
Just turn around and tell me what do you see!
There? (pointing at the car...)

1glz4w.jpg

Forget about the car, the cones are important, the cones! Look how big they are!

Yes, there.
Well, that is a car.
And to whom does the car belong?
It belongs to a friend of mine, why?
Yes, go on, go on. I want to hear details.
But why? :confused:
DO AS I SAY.
Okay, okay, whoa :scared:... he used to compete on motorsport scene long time ago. Great driver. Now he just runs time trials for fun when no events are held.
Could you give me the name of that person, please?
But why is that important?
You're not in position to ask questions, remember? REMEMBER THE RULE? Now give me the name.
John. John Yellow.
John Yellow? THAT John Yellow?
Yeah, that is the one. Journalists used to be crazy about him.
Oh, boy :nervous:... where I can find this guy?
He should be in the pit box, I think.
Good... okay, now listen, make sure you greet a colleague who scored victory today. I have a job to do.
But what about our interview?
Remember my statement? 'I think we are done here.' It means that we're done and that I have enough materials.
But you barely asked me anything!!
Considering what you said regarding your true hobby, you should be happy that I even approached to you. (leaving...)

Biston went to inspect the car. He inspected the car from all possible angles. He even used his pocket protractor to hunt down new angles and used them as a reference for future inspection. Seeing how the stranger is drooling over his car, John Yellow emerged from the pit box.

May I help you, sir?
Hello! Am I speaking to John? John Yellow?
Yes. And you are...?
Oh, man, I heard a lot about you! I'm glad that we are talking to each other.
Sir, I haven't heard your name.
People call me Biston, the journalist.
Ah, yes... I think I heard of you.
Oh, really? He-he, thanks, I'm flattered. :embarrassed: Not that I find this unusual or anything, but still... I'm not used to being that popular, you know.
I heard mostly negative things. About your articles, to be exact. They seem to attract very boisterous group of people.
What a stupendous bunch of lies, who told you that?! People who understand my articles understand true values of motorsports.
How can slanderous speech benefit to discovering the values of motorsports?
Ah, is that a question? Okay, before I explain why I'm here, I would like to mention how I can be the only subject here asking anything, regardless of my purpose here.
Ah, is that so?
Yes, that is so. And that is another question, I'm afraid.
Sir, don't be offended by this, but I think that your cows haven't returned to the barn.
Ah, the old saying. Croatian, I presume? Ah, no, wrong... meh, never mind. Well, I assure you my cows still provide gallons and gallons of milk, even though they 'haven't returned to the barn', whatever that means.
May I ask you what do you want from me?
Go ahead, ask me.
(John):
eyebrow_look.jpg

Ha-ha, I'm just joking, friend. :lol: Don't take t- (interrupted)
Sir, we're not friends. I would never hang out with a person of your character. I know what kind of odious reputation follows you.
Agree about our friendship status, because friends would never interrupt others while talking. :irked:
Sir, I don't know what do you want from me, but if you don't have anything clever to say, please, leave the place. I have better things to do.
Yeah, I already know your schedule. You're going to stand in that stinky pit box until someone sets a lap that in your opinion is worth evaluating and hunting down. Then you will hope into your car and try to prove something that has already been lost long time ago.
What I do and how I do it is none of your business.
Don't you want to find out why I'm here? My presence could change your life.
All I want to know is why are you stalking my car. I hope you're not a robber.
Ah, no, nothing like that. I guarantee you that.
Well, if all these previous years of my life haven't changed a thing in my life, I doubt you will.
You don't know that. I could, for instance, be the one setting the lap you want to hunt down. Or I could... race alongside you! :mischievous:
Race alongside me?
Yes, why not? I've always dreamed of being coached by a professional hand.
So that you could publish the article and mock the coach, correct?
Ah, there is no way I would do such thing. Besides, I haven't raced on Nürburgring before, I could use a hand.
Oh, really? You can drive?
Of course. Although my profession is journalism, I tend to drive for fun a lot.
I apologize if I may sound a bit rude, but there is no way a person of your caliber could race well. Besides, driving for fun and racing for real is a completely different thing. Like fruits and vegetables.
That is why you're here to teach me the difference. And I'm sure you would like to taste thrill of competition once again, don't you agree? None of this guys want to race with you, I noticed that. Who would give a damn about some ex-driver anyway? Well, I do and I would like to give a shot and learn a thing or two. We could both benefit from this, you know.
So, that is what you would like? To race side by side with me? That is why you're here?
Ouch, three in a row...:ouch: now I'm glad we're not friends...
Hey...
I'm joking. But no, I'm actually here for different cause.
Yes?
Okay, here we go; the main reason why I decided to come here is labeled to your ride.
My 'ride'?
Yeah, or what you guys would call a 'car'.
My car?
Exactly. Could you identify your car once again, just to make sure I haven't made a mistake?
It is the yellow S4 over here. But why is my car important?
Now, I haven't told this to anyone yet, but I like Audi models. I like them a lot.
It looks like we have something in common then.
Isn't that fun? If you didn't brake two of my rules, I would invite you for a beer, man.
(Ignoring...) But aren't you into Kei cars? I read something related in an article a while ago, you we- (interrupted)
And I read that we should stay on the topic, how about that?
But I wa- (interrupted)
No 'but'. Let's keep the topic clean, please.
Nice. As I was saying, I like Audi models. I really do. In fact, I like them so much that I often tend to think how I may have become obsessed by them. And that is not good because it affects my daily productivity. Are you with me so far?
Um, yes.
Hence why I thought it would be good to cure this obsession by actually buying one of these Audi models. And since I already aim for an Audi, why not aim for the best ones? If I could find an S or RS model in a mint condition that would be wonderful.
I don't like where you're going with this...
Please, allow me to finish. So I noticed, by accident of course, how the yellow Audi belongs to you. And I was thinking and thinking when it suddenly occurred to me - you may be the one who owns what I need. I'm willing to pay a lot to get rid of my obsession.
I'm not going to sell you my S4. Besides, I don't think ownership of an Audi could heal you. You should rather seek professional help.
Do you posses appropriate medicine expertise?
No.
Then how can you tell what type of treatment do I need?
Whatever you're searching for, I cannot help you. My car is not on sale.
Every man has his price. Just tell me yours.
If the price is not important, why don't you buy your own S4? You can aim for newer generations, not to mention top RS models.
Don't you think I would have already done it, if that had occurred to me?
Honestly sir, I don't know what to think.
In that case, just sell me your car. Again, I'm ready to offer a lot, even overprice it if necessary. Overprice something, who would do such things these days? I would, though. That is what normal people do, meet others halfway.
Look man, suddenly materializing from nowhere and persuading me to sell my car is not something 'normal' people do. At best, it is completely ridiculous.
Can't you just buy another one? :rolleyes:
See? That is what I'm talking about. This approach is far from being 'normal'.
Wrong. The answer you had to use was 'yes, I could buy another one'. You could, but you resist to do it. And that is not good, wealthy businessman like yourself should be a bit more generous. If you can afford several of these, how come you can't donate at least one to to a random person? That model works pretty well inside your family, so spread your horizons and help people out there.
Excuse me? :eek:
You heard me. I know all about you, John Yellow. Your part of the life as an entrepreneur has been hiding behind the immense motorsport career quite successfully, but you can't expect the same status to continue now that you no longer race actively.
No, I meant my family. You're in no position to discuss my private life.
Sure I am. Let's take a look at this photo, shall we? I'm glad I have it here, I always keep important documents with me.

2lbmbfc.jpg

It clearly says 'Do not enter', yet he did it. I don't understand, why would he do such terrible thing?

What is this?
Oh, I was hoping you could tell me. Your son is inside, can't you recognize him? I don't know what he was doing in front of that house and who did he wait for, but I'm glad I was passing by. An Accord Euro-R? Interesting choice, I'm surprised it hasn't been riced yet.
But this is a notorious neighborhood, what he was doing there?! How did you even get this photo?!
I'm a journalist, remember? By the way, you should send your son to driving school again. That kind of parking is completely unacceptable. It must be the 'bad boy' image that comes within all Honda cars...
P-Parking...? :boggled:
I see you're being confused, how about we discuss your daughter? Oh, what a lovely child, so perky and chatty. You should send her my compliments to her, my eyes couldn't believe when they saw this...

262b0p4.jpg

Of course you couldn't believe it. Who would expect Avanzato R to appear in Europe?

I never thought she would appear on French 'Big George' festival. Does she own a Facebook profile? I should send her a 'Like'.
'Big George'? What is that? Never heard of that.
Oh, nothing special... just an underground paradise of gambling, street racing and promiscuity. It pretends to be a rally event, but we all know it is all but that...
Aaa... :eek:
You know what I think? I think you spend too much time at work. You can't play father role like this.
Who gave you this photos, what is this?! :nervous:
Once again - I'm a journalist, remember? Taking photos people don't want to see is part of my profession.
You do realize I can accuse you of disturbing my family and violating their privacy? I think I was clear enough when I said that I don't want media to lay their hands on my family.
I wasn't present during that interview, hence why the rule is not applicable to me. And I think you should thank me given how there is obviously something going on... they seem to be doing something behind your back.
Behind my back...? No, there is no way I'm buying this! :ouch:
Yeah... just wait until you see a photo of your wife in action. :cool:
You can't be serious...! :scared:
Here it is. Taken while she was on a trip in Italy.

29cuv15.jpg

Raise your hand if you want to drive on this track once again!

So what? She often travels around the world.
Seriously? You haven't noticed the guy on the passenger seat?
WHAT?! :scared::dunce:
By the way, interesting choice, that Sera. I like that car. +1 to her, like forum users would say.
Oh, my... :ill:
Stay with me, man. You'll get better soon. I know it hurts, but wounds heal fast when you have people who care around you.
How could this have happened? :(
That is what I'm telling you, you need to keep an eye on them. And by the way, what does your brother drive? It is hard to trace his footsteps, I assu- (interrupted)
Will you shut up for a moment? :nervous: I'm trying to think about this... oh, boy... my family is already gone... oh... I wish I knew... although... although it may not be anything serious ... maybe they were all just having fun. I haven't been around home for quite some time, after all... maybe that is what they wanted. To go out and explore the world. To silence the loneliness and go into the world...
I'm sorry for interrupting your thoughts but I would advise you not to tell me to shut up anymore. Remember who gave you these photos. These photos are mine! Here, that is what I wanted to say...
What should I do...? :(
You want my advice?
Your advice?
Well, a guy like you shouldn't stop here, you should go out in the world and compensate for all the damage your 'lovely' family has done to you. Forget about your pencil-pusher job and let your youth rise again. Race alongside me, sell me your car. Do things you wouldn't do otherwise. Now is your time to live again!
Would you make a copy of those photos for me? I need to have them.
Sure. Help me and I'll help you.
You mean...?
That is right. We race. I win - I get the car, you win - you get the photos.
A car for the photos?
That is right.
Excuse me? What makes you think I would accept such request?
Okay, I can play that game. I win, I get to drive - not to own, but to drive the car for few laps under your surveillance. In case I damage the car, I pay for the expenses. Obviously, you win, you get the photos that you can use to bring your family down to justice! Of course, I'm also willing to offer an article in my magazine about this racing adventure. Just what you need to twinkle once again. People will love this, I promise you. They love legends and you used to be one.
So now racing alongside me isn't enough for you, but you want to compete against me? What makes you think you can win? I've been racing for more than 25 years.
In that case, losing is not going to be an option for you, correct? And let's not forget that you have no idea of how fast I can really drive. You haven't seen me pushing to the limits.
Hm...
C'mon, man. It is your family, your family is at stake!
Uh... what kind of car do you drive?
Great, it is a deal then! I'm going to bring my car, wait for a minute. I left it on the parking lot.
Hey...

Forget it, it was no use. Biston swiftly disappeared and few minutes later returned with a staggering, brand-new Barchetta. Okay, it wasn't really a brand-new, Biston spent few years with it. Nobody knew why he decided to switch from Kei cars over to the Barchetta, but given the convertible nature of the car, there are good reasons we can believe in. Its sporty character allowed Biston to sharpen his driving skills over time. Of course, nothing that would beat a professional, but I guess that wasn't Biston's intention anyway.

mayotj.jpg

When was the last time you saw one of these? Tell us on 955-677-897. Big prizes await first-comers!

Is that a Barchetta?
Good deduction, mate. Lovely choice, ain't she? :sly:
That is what are you going to drive?
Is there a problem?
Oh, it seems that I was really taken lightly...:indiff:
Biston, have you ever been on a racing circuit before?
Only as a spectator. And journalist. Or both.
Okay, but have you actually participated in an event as a driver?
Basically, you have never raced against real drivers, nor you have any racing experience, yet you dare to challenge me and my S4 with this car.
Exactly. But I still don't see a problem.
You know, it is hard not to get insulted by such approach. I've been driving as a professional for more than 25 years and have competed alongside the fastest drivers in Europe. Do you really think you can embarrass me like this?
There is no need to rub my nose with your achievements, I heard that '25 years' part once already. Gee...:rolleyes:
Will you answer to my question?!
Don't worry about me, I have my own tricks. As I said before, you don't know what I'm capable of.
Oh, I'm sure that is true...
I meant on racing.
Whatever. If we are going to do this, we'll do it my way. I'm going to rent a test car from Nürburgring officials.
A test car?
Please, wait here, I'll be back. I think one of the drivers just came out of the test car.

Biston wasn't objecting. Not that he had much of a choice anyway. Few minutes later, Mr. Yellow returned with a silver Yaris RS 1.5. Just like many other test cars of this class, it is often used by amateurs when the driving school opens private lessons for all visitors.

10hkq5g.jpg

Notice the red RS badge on the grill. How can such tiny badge possibly compare to the big BMW one in the back?!

Seriously? That is what you're going to drive (asking condescendingly)?
(John):

I+put+a+troll+face+on+it+to+this+chick+_5cec17be252eb9667ae45ec4e53187f9.png

Okay, okay, I'm just kidding, why so serious?
Now, since you're not used to this circuit and rules of track days, I'm briefly going to explain how we're going to do this.
Good... (abstractedly, looking at the Yaris)
Once the big semaphore turns green, we're going. I start first, so make sure you follow me closely. Onc- (interrupted)
Did they have the Turbo version?
Um... what?
Second chance - did they have the Turbo version?
John? Hello?! What happened back there at the lot, how come they didn't have the Turbo model? I hope you weren't being very modest, those people don't really care, you know...
Silence treatment? I hope you're going to start talking soon as I can't stand quiet people...
May I ask you something?
Ah... go away, I'll make an exception and shut my eye to it this time.
Wanna do this or not?
Of course I wanna do it, what kind of question is that?
Then, may I continue?
Please, by all means.
We're going to exit the pit zone once the semaphore above turns green. I go first, you follow me. I manage the pace of our run, you try to keep up with me. If I notice you're falling behind, I'll reduce my speed and allow you to catch up with me. Everything clear so far?
Sure, but who said I'll fall behind?
Overtaking my presence is strictly forbidden. If we catch up with another car, pass him on either right or left, depending on the situation. If you crash or experience health difficulties, pull over to the side of the road and notify me of your condition. We'll use radio contact to communicate. Everything clear?
So no traditional head-to-head battle? I feel terrible...
That is how we are going to do it. Leave complaints for later.
But what are we going to do then?
See the scoreboard over there? Nürburgring officials measure times of each participant. If you manage to finish 20th or better on your third try, I'll give you the S4 for a spin.
Top twenty after three laps?! Are you crazy?! Look what kind of cars those drivers are using... Integra Type-R, some Elise... oh, boy, a RUF is there too!
I have checked, all track day participants driving today are amateurs, it won't be hard if you manage to use at least 80% of your car's potential. Big mouth like yours should be able to put this speech into practice, yes?
Oh, you old trickster! :sly: But don't you think this is a bit unfair?
We're considering giving you my car for a test, remember? I'm not letting anyone drive my car until he proves he can drive well.
And what if I don't manage to pull this out?
I'll get a copy of your photos. Although I think I'll demand taking photos regardless of your overall placement. This is my family anyway, I don't play any games.
Fair enough. But why do I have to drive after you? Don't you trust me?
It makes controlling your flow much easier. I don't want you to get all worked up and make some stupid mistake that would endanger both of us. I would like to leave this place today alive, you know.
Hm, okay. But make sure you drive fast enough, I don't want to be delayed by your slow, ridiculously looking non-turbo bubble.
Are you finished? Can we start?
How come you won't use your own car?
I rarely use my personal car for track days. I don't see a reason why should I, there are always number of track day cars around I want to test.
I see. You're afraid of losing in a much more powerful car.
(Ignoring...) Grab your gear and let's meet at the pit exit, please. Don't forget to close roof on the car. We'll continue our contact through radio device in the car. Good luck.
True, you'll need it. Let's roll!

The adventure continues...

Last edited:
Nürburgring Track Day

Part II

Biston arrived at Nürburgring to do another interview for his magazine. Instead, he ended up drooling over one particular car, which turned to be owned by John Yellow, a famous racing driver. His domestic problems gave Biston an opportunity to negotiate a race on this popular track under John's supervision. Preparations to go out on the track are almost ready. With important documents and John's car are at stake, the race must be taken seriously. What is going to happen?

Radio contact:

Is everything okay? Have you checked your seat belt, engine and safety equipment?
Have you?
Look man, I hope you understand that we're not playing around. Once we head out on the track, I would ask you to act with care. Dangerous things can happen out there.
Danger is my middle name. You just make sure you are not in my way once I start aiming for the lap record...
I wonder how confident you are going to be once we speed up...
Relax, I'm just having fun!
This is not a joke!! :mad:

At that moment, Nürburgring officials signalized our drivers to move out of the pit. The road was completely clear.

Okay, we have a green to go! John, engage into first gear and start moving, please.
(Talking to himself in quiet) You enjoy being obnoxious, don't you? Well, how about this...

Both cars were slowly moving towards the pit exit. But upon the exit, John stomped on the acceleration pedal and almost choked the car to death with all that power burst. Biston never had to accelerate so wildly in his life before, he was shocked!

Hey, where are you going, wait for me!!
What's the matter, too fast for ya? Speed up, you're too slow!

24bnkt2.jpg

Tag, your turn.

John reduced his pace on Kottenborn section and allowed Biston to catch up. Because Barchetta is a bit faster on straights than Yaris RS 1.5, closing the gap wasn't really difficult under such conditions.

Hey, this is great! I've never experienced driving from this angle before. But the road is so bumpy, it feels like I'm going to be carried away!
Nothing is going to happen, just keep steering inputs as minimum as possible and focus on the road ahead of you.
That is all? While I was covering an amateur driving school's program for my magazine, I was to-
Stop talking and concentrate on driving!

Naturally, Biston disobeyed the order. All this excitement made him a temporary chatterbox. One would think that on sharp Aremberg corner such guy would learn the lesson, but he surprisingly tackled it fairly well. Mistake occurred on medium-speed C-curve just before another sharp Wehrseifen corner. Biston went too wide and barely managed to avoid hitting the guardrail.

vorgw5.jpg

Go ahead, hit the guardrail. Insurance will cover it.
Oh, boy, I almost crashed! :scared:
I told you not to play around, but you didn't listen...
What I was supposed to do, the car just skidded away from its path?! Was I running too fast?!
Nope, you were talking too much.
Maybe you could stop with the preaching and land me a hand here!
If you don't get yourself together, you'll go off the track once again. I tol- ... oh, this is going to be interesting!
There is a driver ahead of us.
Right in front of you, the black 106. He seems to be quite slow, you should be able to out-brake him on the corner before the bridge, just keep the inside line occupied.
Wait, I'm not ready! What, whe- :scared:
See you after the bridge, bye!

John increased the speed a bit and passed the 106 on small downhill section just before the corner. The real problem was Biston because he caught up with the 106 right at the corner of the bridge. He hesitated at first, but once he recalled for what cause he came here, he quickly regained his bravery and attacked the 106 driver. Terrified and excited at the same time, he applied the brakes very late and dived into the corner - with success. As a matter of fact, it was a perfectly executed maneuver, which honestly, was a product of nothing but pure luck, but hey - those counts too, don't they? Biston was delighted.

mio0nq.jpg

No comment, just enjoy the show.

DID YOU SEE THAT, DID YOU SEE THAT?!
What, you're still alive? Too bad.
Hey, seriously, man!
Ha-ha, I'm just joking. I wasn't looking closely, but judging the exit speed of yours on that corner, I think you couldn't have done it better. Well done, Biston.
R-R-Really?!
Yep, that was a good entry. But don't get so worked up, there are plenty of other dangerous corners out there. Good moves are often misleading, they provide fake sense of control over the scenario whereas in reality...

But Biston wasn't listening. For the first time in his life, he experienced 'the thing' he had been evaluating from a spectator bench or VIP seats in private lodges. That experience had intoxicating effect on Biston, he never thought he could live long enough to touch the other side of the automotive world he treasures so much. He liked that of course. That made him believe how he can become even better, faster... predominant in the field! He even started doubting his job, whether he made a right choice or not...

John, I haven't told you this before, but... I'm glad we're doing this. I feel splendid, like a completely different person. I wish I had discovered this part of the racing long time before, maybe I wouldn't have become a journalist in first place...
That is all good, just concentrate on the track.

Of course, Biston wasn't concentrating on anything but his new-found learning. He increased his pace confidently and followed John more precisely, more closely. He started taking care of those traffic units with bravery. He first creamed interesting Spider model after the Bergwerk corner...

14l12c2.jpg

Hey, did you see that Spider?! I haven't seen a vintage Alfa Romeo for years, man!

... before taking the grease out of another Yaris model at the first slow-paced, right-turn corner after Klostertal.

2qd921i.jpg

No badges, no performance.

Ha-ha, look at that guy, it is the same you!
Biston, you're being overly excited, you can't drive like that.

But Biston was in overtaking mood. A moment after, another human became a victim of Biston's blessed-by-angel driving skills... right at Karussel corner.

2edcyvb.jpg

To what purpose does the concrete side-part serve anyway?
A PT Cruiser? In silver at that? Oh, boy, those officials should really make a better selection of colors they allow to race on the track...
Hey, what are you doing?!
I'm driving, ain't that obvious?
You shouldn't have driven over that concrete part of the track. Do you want to involve us into trouble?!
Oh, come on John, don't tell me you've never driven over emergency lines, ha-ha...

John continued to pay close attention to Biston. The fact that Biston wasn't aware of his own behavior on the track really upset John. What if the fool tries to pull something dangerous?

Sadly, a disaster is always nearby, carefully listening to one's dark thoughts. Somewhere around Hohe Acht corner, one particular driver operating silver Honda Jazz stood among all other participants. He was slow at first, but increased his pace after spotting John and Biston in his rear view mirror. The presence and cornering pace of that Jazz discomposed Biston.

651n5s.jpg

Seriously, I'm tired of these silver econo-boxes.

John? John, are you there? Talk to me man, I need you.
Can't you just be calm and quiet?
Using question against a question is not going to make me act that way... I need your voice, John.
What do you want?!
Who is that guy in front of you?
Beats me, why?
Could you speed up a little bit? If you do it now, we should be able to overtake him on the next set of corners.
Why?
I don't like the way he is cornering. It is too stable, too confident. Family cars should never be that good, almost as he is mocking and preaching our sports rides!
I think you're just trying to cause problems where they don't exist.
Okay... but what about the attack? Let's do it, let's bring this guy down to Earth.
Forget it.
Because I did not come here to fool around and enforce justice on road. What is the point anyway, he just increased his pace to match ours, so it is not in our way.
That is exactly why you should go after him! Poor cars like this one must be in our way, understand? And superior warriors like ourselves should remind him where he belongs to.
I said forget it!
Listen to me John, listen to the voice of common sense. Speed up! Speed up and TAKE HIM OUT, NOW!
Will you stop with this?!

Of course, he didn't. Biston kept on pushing even harder. In fact, in order to catch up with the Jazz, he began taking wider lines, steering aggressively and coming out from different angles in John's mirrors. He was all over the place.

Biston, your cornering has become overly irregular, slow down!
Slow down, you've lost your composure!

At that moment, voice over the microphone shouted:

>>> Car number 6 (Biston's Barchetta), reduce your speed. Increase distance between traffic units. <<<

Fool, don't you see what you're doing?! Slow down immediately!! :mad:
Hey, what kind of language is that? What happened to 'sir' and all that?
The officials are going to remove us from the race. You have to keep appropriate distance! Back off!
Meh, don't listen to them, they don't understand the true heroism of this challenge. The justice on road must be enforced, that is what true racers do!
Hey, reduce your pace, now!

Nope, it won't work, Biston had something else in mind. He started calculating where to overtake, how to approach the Jazz easily without being pinned down by another nuisance he has revealed - John.

John, I'm disappointed in you, I thought you were different.
What?!

No time to answer that question, I'm afraid. On Eschbach corner Biston bumped John from behind, causing John to lose control a bit and touch the grass with outer tire. Luckily, his professional skills prevented the worst from happening.

14iives.jpg

Don't worry, in this game cars do not spin out that easily.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, YOU MORON?! :mad:
Ah, sorry, my bad. But I'm trying to reach that Jazz and you're in my way, what would you expect?
That is it, we're quitting the race!
Not a chance, you're not going to chicken me out as well! I'm making a move!
HEY!!

How useful is 'hey' in such situations anyway? Never mind that - because the Jazz driver was technically the one dictating the pace, all three cars had to drive at pace slower than cars of this class could handle. That is why taking the outside line on the first part of the 'C' Brünnchen corner was feasible, allowing Biston to even up with John.

2r7vrlk.jpg

WHERE ARE YOU GOING, I TOLD YOU TO STAY BEHIND! :mad:
John, either you're with me or you're against me. The response you just gave me explains everything. 👎

At this point most people would reconcile with the fact that Biston has gone nuts and that overtaking is inevitable. You know, leave the fool to do what he wants to do. But John couldn't accept it. He felt responsible for that lunatic and couldn't let him roam around carelessly. That is why he allowed his blood to boil and unleash potential that has been suffering within John for years. On the second part of the 'C' Brünnchen corner John rushed into the curve, aiming for the apex with the brakes lightly applied. That was a perfect move, he successfully restrained Biston from overtaking.

9pqm9e.jpg

Vauuu... I couldn't do it better myself.

JOHN, BABY, YOU'RE MY MAN!! THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO GET FROM YOU, THAT IS WHAT YOU HAD WITHIN YOUR BODY THE ENTIRE TIME!
PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, NOW!!!! :banghead:

LET'S DO THIS BABY, WE ARE CLOSE!! I FEEL IT, WE'RE CLOSE!! THE GUY IS GOING DOWN!! :mischievous:
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID?! PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY!!
OKAY, NOW IS OUR CHANCE!! ACTION!!

Somewhere around Pflanzgarten I section there is a fairly sharp right hand corner, surrounded by sand trap. This corner requires good braking skills as car can become unstable on small jump that precedes the corner. Naturally, due to construction of the corner overtaking is not recommended as it gets hard for two cars to keep inside and outside line without slowing down significantly. But why I'm saying all this?

HOLD ON, YOU MUSTN'T OVERTAKE HERE!!!! :scared:
No worries, noth-

Realizing what terrible mistake he has committed, Biston quickly tried to apply brakes and dodge the collision. Unsuccessfully, as you would expect. Biston punched John into the Yaris's side panel and sent both out of the course, into the sand pit.

2lnzf4k.jpg

Take him out, take John out!

2djti5v.jpg

27y901.jpg

ARRGGHHHH!! CURSE YOU, BISTON!! CURSE YOU!!! :banghead:
Whoa, unfortunate off-road adventure! :boggled:

And that wasn't all. Because John entered the sand pit from a different angle, he couldn't stop the car from returning to the course. John routed the car towards the right direction, just a moment before another Yaris suddenly appeared in the rear-view mirror.

33yqb5w.jpg

Hold on - wasn't that supposed to be the PT Cruiser?

The driver tried to brake, but the speed difference sent that effort in vain - the track day at Nordschleife was concluded by collision of the two Yaris models.

The adventure continues...

Last edited:
Nürburgring Track Day

Part III

After spending two weeks at a local Italian hospital for trauma injuries, John was discharged from the facility and redirected to a rehabilitation center of his choice. Biston heard of the rumor from the internet and instantly took a flight to Italy. While John was waiting outside the hospital for a transportation, a man emerged from a nearby bush...

Look at him, he is still alive!
What?! Biston?! Oh, my... :indiff:
Don't 'oh, my' to me! I came here for you, friend. Aren't you happy to see me?!
Of course not! What are you doing here?!
I came to say hello, obviously. Why, did you have something else in mind?
No, I'm just not very pleased to see you here. In fact, I don't want you here.
Hey, don't be so rough on me. I took me several hours to arrive here and find this rotten hospital. Don't you know how difficult is to navigate in this narrow streets?!
Well, I couldn't care less. You can freely turn around and disappear right at this instance.
That won't happen and you know it.
Do you want me to call police?
Come on, John! I'm here for you, why would you call police?
BECAUSE YOU ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE!!
But 'almost' in not the same as 'Yes, I ruined your life'...
Really, you want to argue with me? What do you want from me?! Can't you just leave me alone?!
I'm sorry, John.
What?
I said I'm sorry. I've come here to apologize.
Oh, so you want to apologize, eh?
True. I mean, I tried to partially put the blame on you, but after thinking for a while - I did it all by myself! It was my fault that you ended up here. I wish you could forgive me so that we can be friends again.
Seriously? You think you can just come here and fix everything with that cheap apology of yours?! And what bloody friends?! I'm not your friend, nor I have been, nor I will be!
I'm quite disappointing hearing that. Nevertheless, I would like you to accept my apology.
Well, you can wipe something with it. Can't you see what you have done to me? Look at me, all in bandages!
What the doctors say, how long it will take before you completely recover?
For your information, three weeks. That is, of course, under assumption that nothing will go wrong in the meantime. And I'm sure something just may happen because that is the kind of luck I have.
What?
You're my man John, hang in there.
It is easy for you to say...
That is true.

They were standing in peace for some time, gazing at the horizon.

What?
You haven't said it yet.
What?!
Are you going to accept my apology?
I said what I think about your apology.
Hm, I'm not satisfied with your response.
Your problem.

Another silence initiated by both.

What now?
I was surprised you got hit by that Yaris, you know. I thought PT Cruiser would be the on-
I'm still having nightmares Biston. Please keep that topic away from me.
But I suppose it is better to leave it that way, the PT would've caused massive damage to your body. I heard that the higher point of impa-
JUST CUT IT OUT, OKAY?!

And another one. This time it lasted for staggering 15 seconds.

Can't you be quiet?!
But you're quiet as well.
Because I'm not in mood. Besides, I'm waiting someone. I hope he gets here quickly...
Anyway...
Here he goes again...:rolleyes:
Did you know that the Yaris is also known as Vitz on some markets?
... (:ouch:)
Ha-ha, relax, I'm just trying to cheer you up!
Can't you just leave?!
I could, but I won't. I'm here for you John. Remember that.
I hope you will be here for me when we both appear at the court next week.
Ah, just leave that to me. I'm going to take care of all the obligations.
Yeah? And what do you mean by that?
I'll pay for the test car damages and all of your expenses of going to rehabilitation center.
I know, I've spoken to my lawyer.
So what? That is the least you should do. I hope you're not expecting pity on my part.
That is bad, I was really expecting it.

Hopefully the last silence. It last for nearly 3 seconds, I believe.

You have no money? I don't care.
I do have money, don't worry about tha-
I wish I could say the same... :guilty:.
Will you stop interrupting me? :grumpy: I just realized, we haven't checked my lap times!
What?
My lap times! We haven't checked my progress before the accident.
So?
How can you reply with 'so' that indifferently? Can't you just pretend you're excited?
So?
John, we can't talk like this...
So?
Woa, three in a row! :scared:
So?
Enough. You are not allowed to pronounce it for the fifth time or else...
Yeah? What are you going to do I wonder? Bring it on, I'm still strong enough to fight back.
Come here and make a move!
Oh, I see, yo-
Ha-ha, I got you there! :lol: Never meddle with me, I'm a dangerous opponent. :mischievous:
And a patient too.
Anyway, we don't know who would have won and who would have lost if we continued to drive normally.
It doesn't really matter anymore, does it?
It matters to me.
So?
Seriously, stop it. :grumpy:
Did you find that disturbing? Now you kn-
I think I would have won.
You think?!
No - I know. I was catching up with you and that Fit guy. Come on, admit it - I was faster.
All I will admit is that you need medical treatment.
Where is your pride John? Admit it.
You fool, you were keeping up because I let you do it. You really think your careless and insecure driving can be match for me? If I wanted to, I could have left you in dust.
Yeah, yeah, keep resisting... Anyway, since I was faster I think I deserve a spin in your S4. Where it is, tell me?
You're becoming highly obnoxious. How dare you even think about me lending you ANYTHING?
John, don't be unfair. I have those photos you wanted, remember?
I don't need them anymore. When my dear family heard of this, we became bounded like nothing before.
You need to thank me then!
What?!
John, John... you understand nothing. But I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. I'm gonna close my eyes. When I open them, I want to see the S4 in front of me with keys in it along with one lovely 'thank you' from your heart.

(Biston):
eyes_closed.JPG

(John):

(Biston):
eyes_open.JPG

(John):

John, you're not helping.
Really? Too bad.
John, I don't like this. I feel this conversation is turning me against you. Please, don't do this.
Are you finished?!
John, I'm a journalist. Trust me, you don't want me to turn against you.
You're still here?

At that moment a car pulled over in front of the hospital. He couldn't find the parking spot, so he turned back and went uphill to park the car where some space was available.

Finally, he is here! :nervous:
Who? Where? (looking around...)
My brother, he just arrived! You better run away because he will beat you completely if I tell him to.
Whoa, what is that?!

Biston finally noticed the car that pulled over.

BMW_30.JPG
Hm, he could have squeezed by that fence...
What is what?!
That car! Can't you see it?!
Yes, I see it. That is my brother's car.
It is a BMW! Can't you see it?!
YES, I CAN SEE IT AND I'M LOOKING AT IT!! WILL YOU STOP WITH YOUR MENTAL RAMPAGES?! :mad:
But not an ordinary BMW, YOU BLIND GEEZER! Look carefully!

BMW_60.JPG
BMW_90.JPG
BMW_120.JPG

For crying out loud, it is an M3!!!:eek:
SO?! :mad:
I've been searching for an M3 since I acquired my driving license!
Really?! And what about S4?!
I don't give a damn about your S4, this is what I need!! Boy, I was wondering about your brother, who would have though?! Let's see if he is willing to accept a little challenge...
John:
Dizzy.png

The end.

Back