Ever find yourself on the floor

  • Thread starter Thread starter poopity
  • 33 comments
  • 2,126 views
Messages
31
United States
MT
Messages
213123
Am i the only one ever to end up on the floor while racing? I'll be going into a corner too hot then try using body english to stay on the track. The next thing you know...
Just think its funny.
 
Am i the only one ever to end up on the floor while racing? I'll be going into a corner too hot then try using body english to stay on the track. The next thing you know...
Just think its funny.

That's funny, but I know what you mean. Before I got a wheel I used to lean a lot.

My roommate used to laugh at me.

I still lean a little but now I gotta keep my hands on the wheel.
 
I always tell my friends they are idiots when they lean while racing in video games.

No offense to any of you guys. I call them idiots because they generally lean into me at points, even after I constantly remind them it doesn't help.

I really find it funny when girl friends play video games and they turn the whole controller like a wheel while leaning, then ask if it helped afterwards thinking it really may have..

I don't lean at all. Some times I play 2 feet from the screen some times I lay down. Depends on the challenge/seriousness of the race.
 
It does work with a Wii though. :P
 
I always tell my friends they are idiots when they lean while racing in video games.

No offense to any of you guys. I call them idiots because they generally lean into me at points, even after I constantly remind them it doesn't help.

I really find it funny when girl friends play video games and they turn the whole controller like a wheel while leaning, then ask if it helped afterwards thinking it really may have..

I don't lean at all. Some times I play 2 feet from the screen some times I lay down. Depends on the challenge/seriousness of the race.

I have a nephew who sticks his tongue way out and down, in the direction the car is turning...that's pretty funny:dopey:
 
I haven't been on the floor myself or seen anyone end up there, I bet it's hilarious to see :)

I have seen many people turn the entire controller like it's a steering wheel (as rosckolove said). Also some people push so hard on the buttons or stick that they hurt their fingerz... they think it will make them go/stop faster or turn better. I remind them that a firm press is more than enough pressure but in the heat of a race they just can't help themselves.
 
This has never happened to me, I use the force.
 
I always end up standing up, and when I'm driving a car that cannot turn i.e. classic muscle cars, I'll try to lean but to no avail, it's like yelling at the TV during a sports game, it doesn't help.
 
My mother came to visit a few years ago she was 72 years old at the time. She sat in a recliner next to mine and watched me race GT5P.

I have a 61 inch (1.55 meter) DLP TV. While I was racing at Eiger Nordwand she started laughing, I asked her why and she said it was because she was leaning into the corners.

Just goes to show you don't have to be driving to lean.
 
My mother came to visit a few years ago she was 72 years old at the time. She sat in a recliner next to mine and watched me race GT5P.

I have a 61 inch (1.55 meter) DLP TV. While I was racing at Eiger Nordwand she started laughing, I asked her why and she said it was because she was leaning into the corners.

Just goes to show you don't have to be driving to lean.

Imagine this is youtube....

👍 for you.
 
I steer with my controller and lean. :lol:
 
i allways do that, especially when trying to "avoid bullets in bf3" everybody looks at with an expressiob in their faces like saying wtf are you doing
 
That's why seat belts are recommended.:lol:
 
Never really done that lol. Im using a wheel so it's kind of imposible to fall :)
 
I really find it funny when girl friends play video games and they turn the whole controller like a wheel while leaning, then ask if it helped afterwards thinking it really may have..

Well, with the few games that have some sort of SIXAXIS feature, it does help :lol:

But yeah I'm not really too guilty of leaning, but I am fairly guilty of sticking my tongue out a little and quirky things of that nature.
 
Well, with the few games that have some sort of SIXAXIS feature, it does help :lol:

But yeah I'm not really too guilty of leaning, but I am fairly guilty of sticking my tongue out a little and quirky things of that nature.

lol, I only do that if the finish is near and I'm coming 1st and for some reason I always get agitated.
 
I've ended up on the floor while playing numerous times, but it was because I was drunk.
 
I always end up standing up, and when I'm driving a car that cannot turn i.e. classic muscle cars, I'll try to lean but to no avail, it's like yelling at the TV during a sports game, it doesn't help.

You have proof it does not?
 
I've never ended up on the floor or anything like that, however I have a 24 inch screen right infront of my wheel and my office chair feels very similar to a cars seat.. so some times I zone out and become completely immersed, leaning against the G-forces that don't exist and while it doesn't help at all (obviously) it does feel really cool and immersive without spending hundreds of dollars on butt kickers and the like.

The power of imaaaaginaaatioooonnnn
 
I've never ended up on the floor or anything like that, however I have a 24 inch screen right infront of my wheel and my office chair feels very similar to a cars seat.. so some times I zone out and become completely immersed, leaning against the G-forces that don't exist and while it doesn't help at all (obviously) it does feel really cool and immersive without spending hundreds of dollars on butt kickers and the like.

The power of imaaaaginaaatioooonnnn

LOL, don't you just love this game!!!

Rhetorical question of coarse. :)

Best game ever!!!!
 
Like popping your controller up in the air when you wanted Mario to jump?
 
Well, with the few games that have some sort of SIXAXIS feature, it does help :lol:

But yeah I'm not really too guilty of leaning, but I am fairly guilty of sticking my tongue out a little and quirky things of that nature.

:lol: Thats a funny one,
Alot of folks does that while playing the keytar at Rock Band, the face contortion sometime is hilarious. I used to call people that lean Jean Alesi. I think its a good example if anyone know him from his F1 years with Ferrari.
 
I definitely lean when right on the edge in long corners! :lol: (DFGT)
 
I lean as well... Though I tend to lean more to the right than to the left.
 
Am i the only one ever to end up on the floor while racing? I'll be going into a corner too hot then try using body english to stay on the track. The next thing you know...
Just think its funny.

if you end up on the floor,it means two things:
1.ffb too strong
2.unstable chair
 
Chrunch Houston
LOL, don't you just love this game!!!

Rhetorical question of coarse. :)

Best game ever!!!!

Ofcourse I love this game why wouldn't I?
 
My TV is like 15 inches so during the races and technical parts of any and every course you probably can see my nose 6 inches away from the screen. The floor I start on when I use the big tv. It's funny how I used to do that when I was younger and now it's like being in such awe
 
Back