PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

Yeah, that was one helluva battle. Tough to pass on this track and I apologize for the taps in T1. Couldn't get the damn thing slowed down enough. Thought I had the position secure late in the race then effed up the chicane (T7?) entrance and went wide through 8 and didn't have enough time to chase you down again.

Thought I had a decent chance at podium but JTV disabused that notion early, then had an incident and had to pit way off my strategy and that pretty much put an end to even a top 5 finish.

Was fun racing you Pag. 👍

Spa should be fun in these cars.

Looking forward to it 👍 :)

Very excited to see there was enough Data cached to get my car through checkered.

Thank you thank you!!!!

Someone hit a pole across town. Not sure they are hurt or not. Freak deal.

I did order battery back ups. Minimal buy me time to shut down properly and not risk losing the hard drive.

After much research a person can get one of smaller ones and add more capacity via adding car batteries. Decent tutorial on YouTube. My rig is right against the outside wall adjacent to my back patio. Hmmmm big box with multiple batteries and 30 mins of power loss racing? LoL

Very excited to see there was enough Data cached to get my car through checkered.

Thank you thank you!!!!
I know we've had people DC right after the race, but this was the first time I saw someone drop off right at the last corner, and then have their car ride the wall to the finish with no one behind the wheel. :crazy:

I managed a few laps at Spa last night, and from what I can tell, I just hope that D1 cutline isn't below a 29. I can't figure out that S3 chicane. Car wants to spin out every time I try to carry speed through there. :confused:

Thank you 👍
I was going to get on that after the kids are in bed.

np, I figured I'd go ahead and knock it out seeing as I know how to make excel do 99% of the work. Didn't want to make anyone do it "the hard way". :sly:

Room open

Room left to johnkiller2, owensracing and TnJF

it's dead.

Dave convinced me I should come back for the finale after putting in so much work... so I'll help the team hold onto 2nd this weekend.

Last edited:
A lot of incidents, might not be the best track but its a fun track i must say. Almost spun around in the first corner after the restart :) and had to avoid phead a few laps in and got damage. And to top it of i spun in the chicane and hit the barrier, i hope you didn't get damage there tony. Tried to go right but my rear was all over the place.

Lets bring on spa and lets hope I'm up there fighting for a podium! 👍

Nothing more I could have done on my part to help you avoid me, cause someone spun in front of me lap earlier and I got damage on engine and both front wheels...

Was limping to pits as fast as engine allowed it, but unfortunately you came up to me with max speed at part of track that's fastest and "narrowest" of all places (flick just before uphill) - but you really did everything possible to avoid me once you realised something's wrong 👍

Because of my extra stop I soon realised that I can't tell whom i'm lapping - who's laping me - and with whom i'm having a straight battle. Since I really need to focus on practicing only ecounters of third kind (and wanted to avoid practicing "wrong" type of ecounters) - so I quit deliberately...
SO DON'T GIVE ME ANY POINTS (I really don't care about stats, it almost hurts me to see how much work load some of you are taking on just for that...)

But i had second big reason for quitting, just could not wait to start practicing SPA :)

Celica isn't so perfect there, but I'm warning you Basse, better improve that time of yours :)

ps-Loved the track and how race might have been with just smallest amount of better fortune, wouldn't mind giving this track another try.

Last edited:
thanks, you might think differently if I get into the 2:27's :lol:
Almost got one...

...in the RX7. Took me only 5-6 laps and one setup tweak. I finally managed a .353 with my Arta with a different tune, but I had to drive it as though the lap was to get into GT Academy. I haven't been close to it since. :(

Round 8 | Spa Francorchamps | Specifics

spavu.jpg

6jBFD7w.png

800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Qualifying ≡

Event information - Saturday, March 23rd

Qualifying deadline: 09.00 UTC | 02.00 PDT |05.00 EDT

one outlap - three timed laps - one chance.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Specific ≡

Race Start: The start Line that we will use is located after T1, under the "TOTAL" sign. So you can all take it easy thru T1 and sort yourself on the straight leading down to Eau Rouge.

Pit Entry: Prior the pit entrance, there's a tight right/left s turn. When going in to the pits, make sure to stay close to the grass on your right side for optimal angle in to the pit lane. DO NOT use any barriers or walls as a guide or to gain time/speed.

Pit Exit: Make sure to respect the white pit exit lines. You can cross them, but only if you're 100% sure that the track is clear.
As always, if an incident occurs as a result from a driver crossing the line (Either the one on track, or the one exiting the pits), it is the driver that crossed the line who is at fault

≡Running Wide ≡

There's a few spots to be extra careful at.
  1. Turns 3/4/5, Eau Rouge, keep 2 wheels on or inside the rumble strips at all times. Where the rumble strips end, keep 2 wheels on or inside the white line.
  2. Turn 12, Pouhon, going wide here gains you quite some time. Make sure you stay inside the track limits.
  3. Turn 17, Blanchimont, as above.
  4. Turns 19/20, Chicane, be sure to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips/track on entry and exit of the chicane.
≡Fuel ≡

The in-game fuel calculator doesn't function correctly. You must do a test run of approx half distance and calculate your own fuel usage. If you follow the guidelines set by the game, you will run out of fuel

6jBFD7w.png

unable to race this week
Jashugan01

that long exposure shot is pretty sweet.

We have Will to thank for that, He found it for a previous series. Great photo!

Welcome back!
It wouldn't be right to have a finalé without you. This series wouldn't be here without the help of Eddie and yourself.

Last edited:
Great race at the Cape. Don't dislike it as much now. Could not qualify, didn't practice. Entered room, did 2 laps to set the trans, started 15th, finished 4th.

Did not get DC'd as I am pretty sure I am not compatable in twisted's room when he hosts. So twisted, don't host Spa!! LOL. I love that track.

See you in qualifying!

Nothing more I could have done on my part to help you avoid me, cause someone spun in front of me lap earlier and I got damage on engine and both front wheels...

Was limping to pits as fast as engine allowed it, but unfortunately you came up to me with max speed at part of track that's fastest and "narrowest" of all places (flick just before uphill) - but you really did everything possible to avoid me once you realised something's wrong 👍

Because of my extra stop I soon realised that I can't tell whom i'm lapping - who's laping me - and with whom i'm having a straight battle. Since I really need to focus on practicing only ecounters of third kind (and wanted to avoid practicing "wrong" type of ecounters) - so I quit deliberately...
SO DON'T GIVE ME ANY POINTS (I really don't care about stats, it almost hurts me to see how much work load some of you are taking on just for that...)

But i had second big reason for quitting, just could not wait to start practicing SPA :)

Celica isn't so perfect there, but I'm warning you Basse, better improve that time of yours :)

ps-Loved the track and how race might have been with just smallest amount of better fortune, wouldn't mind giving this track another try.

Ha :sly: Hopefully ill break into the 27 with a bit more practice, but im busy until friday so it will probably not happend. But i dont think anyone else besides tony will have the speed to do 27 in the quali anyway :)

Room open
1472-4711-0167-3381-7075

Room left to;
Outlaw4rc
Johnkiller2
Spurgy777
Joshua1994
Room closed.

The tires will last for a one-stopper, but I may try two. Got nothing else to lose, since my car's a rolling chicane on a straight. Just need a few partners near my pace, and are good at leapfrogging every lap without losing time.

Off topic: Just noticed I've been promoted from D3 Silver to D2 Silver since february. Not useful to say it here I know but proud to have this very big promotion (I jumped over D3 Gold and D2 Bronze) by only 3 Weekly Time Trials :)

👍 Well done Will.

I am going to run a 14 lap practice race tonight to test tire/fuel wear etc.
Probably at about 21-30 UTC.
Everyone welcome.
If anyone wants to join and the time isn't quite right, just say and we will try to suit as many people as possible on time.

👍 Well done Will.

I am going to run a 14 lap practice race tonight to test tire/fuel wear etc.
Probably at about 21-30 UTC.
Everyone welcome.
If anyone wants to join and the time isn't quite right, just say and we will try to suit as many people as possible on time.

Good idea Dave i will be there you will need some one at the back :)

Back