Reasons to buy gt6

• Thread starter YUBOY7
  • 303 comments
@sparkytooth
It's because they were arguing about how realistic the FM4 physics are and one guy brought up a Forza 4 review type video that compared the real life LFA Nurburgring to the stock LFA on FM4 on how they drive. I do agree that it's kinda bias to do that since they're different trims.

Last edited:
The Nur LFA is obviously a different-ish beast, with more downforce and a more track oriented setup than my LFA. That's why I want one in GT6, and the ability to transfer my pink LFA to GT6.

Anyway, why are we arguing about this here? Especially about the FM4 physics in a GT6 thread that doesn't even have anything to do with physics?

The Nur LFA is obviously a different-ish beast, with more downforce and a more track oriented setup than my LFA. That's why I want one in GT6, and the ability to transfer my pink LFA to GT6.

Anyway, why are we arguing about this here? Especially about the FM4 physics in a GT6 thread that doesn't even have anything to do with physics?

Well mainly because Zer0 got the two mixed up and extolled the virtues of how the LFA in GT5 drives exactly the same as it (the Nurburgring version).

When it was pointed out that its actually a rather different beast he's gone and got a bit worked up about (now claiming that its not that different at all).

Don't worry he's does this a lot, then gets annoyed and leaves for a while.

Well mainly because Zer0 got the two mixed up and extolled the virtues of how the LFA in GT5 drives exactly the same as it (the Nurburgring version).

When it was pointed out that its actually a rather different beast he's gone and got a bit worked up about (now claiming that its not that different at all).

Don't worry he's does this a lot, then gets annoyed and leaves for a while.
So what I'm more or less understanding is that he tested the LFA Nur in Forza 4 and compared it to GT5's normal '10 LFA. When they are different beasts in different videogames with different physics simulations, which makes no sense at all whatsoever :confused:

If GT6 does have the Nur LFA I will buy it ASAP. Why you ask?? Because I freaking love the LFA. I have 5 of them in GT5. The special-est one is my pink LFA (Also my first). I have never loved a car as much before in my entire gearhead life :drool: :D

sparkytooth
So what I'm more or less understanding is that he tested the LFA Nur in Forza 4 and compared it to GT5's normal '10 LFA. When they are different beasts in different videogames with different physics simulations, which makes no sense at all whatsoever :confused:

If GT6 does have the Nur LFA I will buy it ASAP. Why you ask?? Because I freaking love the LFA. I have 5 of them in GT5. The special-est one is my pink LFA (Also my first). I have never loved a car as much before in my entire gearhead life :drool: :D

Honestly your don't want to try and get into his head on these.

His main one here is that the frame rate in the demo is not actually noticable at ask. While most people are more than aware of them and would rather PD fix it.

Honestly your don't want to try and get into his head on these.

His main one here is that the frame rate in the demo is not actually noticable at ask. While most people are more than aware of them and would rather PD fix it.
I'll just leave this statement here.

I have seen slight drops even on a 480p Daewoo. Yes, I use a Daewoo for my PS3 gaming.

Why is the Lexus LFA vs. Nur LFA argument chaps???
Basically a defense of the honor in the realism of Forza because what is said in this video-review, starting at 3:45.

It's more about how the forza LFA drives in the video and the general points stated by the reviewer about realism but Scaff excuse the unrealistic behaviour with the "massive" car differences between models. And I don't agree with the differences being so massive to change radically that car. Also I don't agree with the real stock LFA driving as seen in the Forza part of the video. Does not seem realistic for a supercar as said the reviewer.

(will reply later to the rest...)

Not a excuse.

GT6A is not the same as the demo releasing weeks before the release of the game. However it is impossible to prove it. They are still working on the game. Do you really think all games shown at E3 and which had playable demo there are complete and ready to release ??? Nope.

Drive club set to release sometime this year on PS4 was only 35% complete during E3:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2345277/Drive-Club-hands-PS4.html

Same for GT6 and other games releasing later this year.

Your claim is that this isn't a demo for GT6, even though PD themselves are calling it such. You're using uninformed logic to dispute your claims. You've done nothing to back up your claims besides making up statistics.

Basically a defense of the honor in the realism of Forza because what is said in this video-review, starting at 3:45.

It's more about how the forza LFA drives in the video and the general points stated by the reviewer about realism but Scaff excuse the unrealistic behaviour with the "massive" car differences between models. And I don't agree with the differences being so massive to change radically that car. Also I don't agree with the real stock LFA driving as seen in the Forza part of the video. Does not seem realistic for a supercar as said the reviewer.

The video isn't loading for me, but I must say one thing.

Why are you arguing about Forza 4's physics on a GT6 (Not even GT5, the game you're comparing Forza's LFA with) thread??

There is already a Forza 4 vs. GT5 physics thread.

This seems unnecessary :odd:

Two weeks later, in a different thread in response to someone else bringing up something else entirely that besmirched GT's honor, I'm sure.

Why are you arguing about Forza 4's physics on a GT6 (Not even GT5, the game you're comparing Forza's LFA with) thread??

Because Zer0 also likes to play the victim when his attempts to prove something through evidence that doesn't actually prove what he's claiming are commented on, so he's focusing so heavily on it here after a mention by Scaff to draw attention away from the fact that he argued himself into a corner about the framerate issue.

Business as usual, really.

Last edited:

Now lets actually be a bit more honest shall we, your original post on the subject:

Then maybe the few points that GT score weigh more in the final experience?

Something does not compute in that realism score when you see this at 3:45 and find that what he is describing for the real car behaviour is almost exactly to how drives in GT5.

In which you are quite clearly making a claim that the real car is behaving exactly how it does in GT5.

All I did was point out that the real car in the video is the LFA Nurburgring, a car that's not in GT5.

In which he has already ignored around a dozen questions he's been asked and claims he has failed to back up.

Oddly he's under the impression that if he moves onto another thread and another wild claim all will be OK.

Personally I would be more than happy for him to head back and discuss it in the right thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8707684#post8707684

In regard to GT6 if they can fix the frame-rate issues that I'm personally looking forward to it, as the suspension model is a step in the right direction and one that I hope will be repeated for the tyre and aero changes. However the frame rate, particularly for the cockpit view, needs to be sorted (rather than ignored).

Last edited:

I agree but ask Scaff!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8714880#post8714880

These replies are like a fly-traps, see toronado, if you reply to the trap could be trapped forever arguing and if you ignore or don't have the time to reply to all you are treated as a no argument person and the same people put words in your mouth everytime they can to discredit you.

I agree but ask Scaff!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8714880#post8714880

These replies are like a fly-traps, see toronado, if you reply to the trap could be trapped forever arguing and if you ignore or don't have the time to reply to all you are treated as a no argument person and the same people put words in your mouth everytime they can to discredit you.

No one has put words in your mouth at all and you have been warned in regard to making that claim before.

However he's a simply hint, if you make a point then have the good grace to continue the discussion you initiate. Rather that ignoring it when you quite clearly have time to post in other threads.

It is after all not as if this is a first for you. So how about you actually head back to the threads and address the points? Or are you going to stay here and complain that people ask you to back up claims you make?

You discredited yourself long ago. The fact that you think you can keep making the same unsubstantiated claims across multiple threads after walking away from arguments entirely every time you've done so in the past is the only interesting thing at this point.

I'll just leave this here:

9231425910_4f8886cfda_b.jpg

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood sparky for proof that GT5's LFA is too sexy.

Also Zero, choosing to agree with me when you're backed into a corner won't help you at all.

Well, I do have a few more reasons for buying GT6:

- Willow Springs
- Ford Shelby GT500
- Ford Focus ST Mk. III
- Renault Megane Trophy Race Car
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra
- Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3
- Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
- Jaguar XKR-S
- Premium Countach LP400
- Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car
- Goodwood

Not a excuse.

It kind of is. People are going to judge whatever they are given. Perhaps PD should have put a disclaimer stating that the demo is not a representation of the final product. But that is nowhere to be found. All we have are Kaz's "promises" where he stated AI and sound will be better. However, some of the things he has said in the past have been quite dodgy. Hopefully, he is not BSing this time.

Perhaps PD should have put a disclaimer stating that the demo is not a representation of the final product.

Even those disclaimers are fairly worthless. What point is a demo if it doesn't resemble the final game in any way? By definition, a demo is at least a fair resemblance of the final game, even if minor things might change before release.

I thought this thread was about "reasons to buy GT6", not LFA on Nurburg and GT6 demo blah blah..... :rolleyes:

Anyways I'll bring it on topic. My reasons for buying GT6 is because of the "new Course Maker, cars especially the Audi S1 Rally car and tracks especially the Goodwood Hill Climb as well Brand Hatch."

and the ultimate reason for buying GT6 for me is; finding out the other new cars added. That's one of my favorite parts of playing a new Gran Turismo game (or any racing game); going to career mode and looking at the showroom section and look to see what's available. I still remember to fun surprises I got when I first played GT5 and each GT game before that.

and the ultimate reason for buying GT6 for me is; finding out the other new cars added. That's one of my favorite parts of playing a new Gran Turismo game (or any racing game); going to career mode and looking at the showroom section and look to see what's available. I still remember to fun surprises I got when I first played GT5 and each GT game before that.

I could be wrong, but I think GT5 was the first in the series where PD released the entire* car list before the game's release (source). Although I guess the game made it very quick to find the surprises; you know very nearly all the Standards from before, and there's nothing hidden in the Premo dealershp*.

* - The list is missing the S. Vettel special edition of the X1/X2010, so there's a technicality. And if you skipped GT PSP, there's a few additions to the GT4 Standard roster... oh, and the XFR and Axela.

It might not have been PD who did it (but... wouldn't it have had to be?), but I know I saw an issue of OPM that broke down all of the cars in GT3 in the same article that stated that they had gotten their hands on a Japanese press copy of the game and would have the review for the next month.

cuz I said so, mug. :|

You should have given him a hat.

ℂl:|

I could be wrong, but I think GT5 was the first in the series where PD released the entire* car list before the game's release (source). Although I guess the game made it very quick to find the surprises; you know very nearly all the Standards from before, and there's nothing hidden in the Premo dealershp*.

* - The list is missing the S. Vettel special edition of the X1/X2010, so there's a technicality. And if you skipped GT PSP, there's a few additions to the GT4 Standard roster... oh, and the XFR and Axela.

Back in 2010, I didn't know that GTPlanet even existed and I didn't pay much attention to the gaming news in general. I was aware that GT5 would have the cars from GTPSP basically with a few new cars, but I still didn't know exactly what other than the cars I saw in the trailers. Which is why I got surprised a bit still by some of the cars added for GT5.

I have to say that I recall making a big smile when I saw the Lamborghini Murcielago SV in a GT game for the first.

Last edited:
You played GT5 v1.00 right?

When I bought on release, yes :). But I rarely have a race with 16 cars and heavy rain using cockpit view on 1.0 , except in arcade races and it was still playable - at least the frame drop didn't cause me to crash.

Recently, I had 1.0 for 2 weeks when I bought a new Slim in June 2013 :D Did mostly arcade races, not all in the rain and frame rate was stable, tearing is minimal :)

I can't remember I ever got mad because frame rate drop so much I can't smoothly steer, gas and brake the car - remember how I brake - too much frame drop would mess my braking big time ;)

Reasons:
· Improved track creator - Ronda looks amazing.
· Tesla Model S - and all the other new cars.
· Suspension model - It made the Leaf the most fun car to drive in the demo.
· New renderer - I like the paint effects. Hopefully there will also be less pixelation in photomode when smoke and dust is involved.
· Improved online functionality - for me, online is the best part of GT5. Improving that aspect is worth a lot.
· Shorter loading times - who doesn't want that?
· It's Gran Turismo - GT5 is the only game I continued playing after completing it. GT6 will basically be everything GT5 is, but better.
· Support - GT5 has been updated a lot along the way, what the game is today differs a lot from the release product. GT6 will probably receive the same level of support.

If it's not a representation of some sort, then it probably wouldn't get released or carry the "powered by GT6" badge. If it's out there, it's ready to be judged.
Yes, but jugging a game yet to be released months down the road by such an early demo is kind of silly. If it within six weeks, you guys would have cause for concern. Be honest about it.

Forza 5 looks like PGR5 from the trailer too. Is it? Who knows, the game is still months off and we know very little about it. But probably not. I saw trees disappearing in the Forza 5 demo too. Will that be an issue in the game? Probably not... etc.

And I ditto everything everyone has said so far as to why to get GT6.

As far as fps goes 50-60fps is enough for most people. Majority wins so others need to deal with it.
This doesn't mean others need to buy the game because in your opinion that's enough for most people.
One should buy something because he like it not because of the "Majority".

Back