130_0904_05_z+1985_toyota_celica_supra+front_view.jpg

Engine: 2.0L - 2.8L Inline 6
Gearbox: 4spd Auto or 5spd manual
Drivetrain: RWD
Power: 125 - 178bhp
Torque: 127 - 212 lb.ft.
Weight: ~3,000
0-60mph(100kph): 8-10 seconds​

I always liked this shape of Supra for some weird reason. Maybe it's the 5M-GE motor that powers it, maybe it's the boxyness of it, maybe it's because I got taken around in one by my old scout leader when I was 9yrs old, I've never been able to single one thing for it.

All around, it gets a cool from me. If it was a Mk4, then it would be instant S-Z. 👍

I think I submitted this for the cool wall. I voted subzero obviously. This is my favorite Supra, and I love it. It just oozes coolness. Plus, love the styling inside and out. :D My only complaint is it isn't faster, but that's not the point really.

Cool...It's obscure, but doesn't suffer for it. Probably my favorite gen for being just that little bit under the radar without being MASSIVE.

My mom had one of these back in 1983. My dad would always drive it.

I voted sub zero, When I think of the Supra, I think of a riced out mid '90's Supra. I don't think I've ever seen a riced version, so any Supra that avoids the ricer culture is SZ in my opinion.

I made a deal with my brother, so that if he ever got himself one of these, which is his dream car, I'd get a Mitsubishi Starion, and we'd start racing each other at Pacific Raceways.

Obviously Sub-zero.

Wedge-shaped cars are always cool. Plus, it has a big enough engine bay to swallow a small block... and maybe eben a big block. Cool car.

Sorry guys. I voted meh. 👎 I was hovering over the cool button but when I looked at it my reaction was 'meh it's okay'. :guilty:

This car just doesn't tick my boxes. I think it's trying too hard to be 'cool'. :crazy:

-Spiran

A fun car from when Toyota still new what that was. I prefer the MK3 Supras myself but its still a cool car that I'd definitely own given the right example.

Classic 80's sports car shape, with decent power for the time. Rear wheel drive and pop up head lights are always cool, as long as the pop up head lights work. Not the best Celica though, so it gets a...

Cool.

Cool enough that even when I was neck-deep in my hatred of Toyota and between Volkswagens, I nearly bought a rural gem as a replacement. Blue on blue with plenty of 80's "Look at how cool I am!" stickers.

So, cool.

I love this car. Its the answer to Toyota's current downrated sport market. Kinda like the AE86 but more so the Celica Supra. It's all about a fun to drive, good sounding, rwd & pretty to blast their inline six with three double weber carbs. Was that an option? I hope so. It's cool.

Bonus for folding headlights and platform spoiler.

Last edited:
I absolutely ADORE performance cars with boxy styling. I drove this a couple of months back and was pleasantly surprised at the handling and power this thing is capable of

Cool

Not SZ because it's too much like so many other Japanese sports cars and feels lacking in soul

I voted cool, the production original versions aren't that nice, but I always take into consideration a car's potential, and just like the OP modified version demonstrates, they can be quite nice. Plus I quite like 6cyl performance vehicles like these.

I too do prefer the Mk.III more though.

Having owned a Mk 1 Supra myself, I'm giving this one a "meh". It's almost Cool, but I know what a PITA it is to work on, and I also know the driving experience is not the greatest either - axle hop in a big way, and not happy on uneven pavement at all.

Cool.

The only thing that confuses me is this: which is it? Is it a Celica with Supra parts, or is it a more sedate version of the Supra?

Cool.

The only thing that confuses me is this: which is it? Is it a Celica with Supra parts, or is it a more sedate version of the Supra?

The Supra did not completely become its own model until the Mk III in the late '80s.

Back