• 1,220 comments
United States
Sonoma, CA
ryangt18
Tuner Dead Line: March 29th, 23:59 PST
Tester Dead Line: April 15th, 23:59 PST

scaled.php

What this shootout will entail

-We have seen the death of many Japanese sports cars in the last few years, s2000, Supra, RX-8 (there is no replacement for it yet and being done away with this year), the Evo is changing big time…. to a hybrid, and the list goes on. But there is still hope; we are seeing a small revival of the Japanese sports car with the LFA, the GT 86, talks about a new Silvia, the new NSX. This shootout is to celebrate all of these cars.

-This will be a time attack race for each car on both Tsukuba and Suzuka (full circuit)

Tuner Rules

1) Cars must be Japanese (upscale market cars are fine. ex. Acura, Lexus etc.)

2) Tuners are allowed to enter up to 3 cars (one for each price range) that costs either 0-49,999k, 50k-99,999k, or 100k+

3) No race cars, RM cars, TC cars, rally, or tuner cars. Concepts are allowed as long as they are based on road cars. It being brought to my attention by the tuners, cars are not allowed to have adjustable front downforce. So no Nissan r390's or the like.

4) Depending on the cost of the car they buy the tuner will be put into one of 3 categories based on PP

0-49,999k cars will have a PP limit of 490 with tries sport hard or lower
50k-99,999k cars will have a PP limit of 520 with tries sport medium or lower
100k+ cars will have a PP limit of 550 with tries sport soft or lower

5) If a tuner is using a used car, to keep it fair we will be using this site.

HERE

Find the car you have chosen this will calculate it as a brand new car with no miles or anything. Based on the given price is the PP range you will fall in. (Ex. If you use a Toyota Supra RZ that has 60k miles and you buy it for $30k you will go to this site look up the car and to find out the real 0/0/0 price. In this case it would be $43,900 which would put it into the PP limit of 490.) If you need more explaining or help please send me a message and I will look up the car for you.

6) Cars can go up into higher PP limits if the tuner thinks they can compete. Tuners are not allowed to detune a car to compete in a lower PP limit. (ex. Honda Integra type R would fall into the 490pp limit but if the tuner feels it can compete in the 520pp range he can tune it for that. Taking a LFA and detuning so it can compete in a 520pp range is not allowed.)

7) Ballast of 5% is allowed, this is based on the new weight after weight reduction parts have been added. (if a car is 1500 kg you can add 75 kg of weight)

8) Power limiting of -5% is allowed

9) Tuners are allowed to have two different gear settings for the 2 different tracks, if they wish, that is the only thing that is allowed to change on the tune for the two tracks. Suspension, down force, LSD etc. must not change. (It’s the tuners job to make clear which gear settings is for which track for the testers)

10) ABS 1 and driving line is fine, all other aids off, grip real, tire wear and fuel consumption turned off, just so its kept consistent for the laps.

11) Please put your car up on share so testers can drive it.

12) Winners will be calculated by the average time of each tester on each track to get the average time of both tracks. (dont worry i will be doing the math for this lol)

Tester Rules

1) Testers will choose a PP limit they want to test. They can test. 1 PP limit, 2, or all 3

2) Testers will do 5 laps on each circuit and they will take their best time for each circuit in practice mode. (Both Tracks Must Be Tested)

3) ABS 1 and driving line is fine, all other aids off, grip real, tire wear and fuel consumption turned off, just so its kept consistent for the laps.

4) Testers will post their best times for each car in the PP limit for both Suzuka (full circuit) and Tsukuba. (Both Tracks Must Be Tested)

5) Feedback for the tuners is not required but is encouraged.

6) Winner will be selected based on fastest average times on both tracks (time on tsukuba+suzuka/2)

7) There will be a Drivers choice that you will pick. Testers will pick 2 cars they liked the most in their class. Your top drivers choice gets 10 points the 2nd drivers choice gets 5 points, the tuners with the highest points will get a prize for best car. The choice can be based on driving feel to you or something about the car that just makes you think ... ya this car has something the others dont and deserves my vote. The X factor for a lack of a better term. If there is a tie the winner will be chosen by fastest Average on both tracks. And the slower of the two will get second if that person has won in a different drivers choice pic it will go to the next highest points person.

8) It is your job to add the tuners in your PP limit to your friend list so you can test.

9) I will be hosting 5 cars, 2 from the 490pp 2 from 520pp and 1 from 550pp. These cars will be exactly like the tuners cars. I have chosen to do this, so it’s easier for testers to test cars from tuners who have packed friends list.

10) I will ask the testers to not post anymore times till after the 30th, or till all the tuners have posted in that pp category, when the tuner dead line is pasted, or all tuners in that PP category have posted, just so tuners who have not posted tunes don't get a competitive advantage by posting later.

Prizes

Each PP limit class will get the same prizes. Tuners and testers cannot win more than once, so if they win 1st place in the 490 pp. limit and 3rd in the 550 limit they only get one prize of their choice. The opening will be given to the next person down on the list.

1st place will get a 1 million tradable Premium car of their choice sent

2nd place will get a 500k tradable Premium car of their choice sent

3rd place with get a 250k tradable Premium car of their choice sent

Last place gets a Toyota Prius :sly:

Top 3 fastest testers will get up to 1 mill tradable car for 1st, 500k car for 2nd and 250k car for 3rd all Premium. All testers will be given a prize of a car of 100k just for participating in this shootout. Though winners will only get 1 prize car still.

Drivers choice car, will be picked based on points tallied up by me from the testers based on their drivers pick cars. There will be two winners in each class. 1st gets a 1 million tradable premium car and 2nd will get a 500k tradable premium car.

PLEASE IF YOU ARE CONFUSED ABOUT ANYTHING WITH THIS SHOOTOUT, PM ME AND I WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

I have the right to change or alter rules if I please.

Remember to have fun and do your best :)

Last edited:
Please when signing up please specify which PP limit both testers and tuners you would like to be put into 490 520 or 550

Tuners

1) XDesperado67- PSN: XDesperado67
2) Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123
3) Hermanvongerman- PSN: Jontank5
4) krenkme- PSN: krenkme
5) Snake55wildcat- PSN: Snake55wildcat
6) VTiRoj- PSN: RoJJieE
7) CSLACR- PSN: CSLACR
8) Theo777- PSN: zigatan
9) ACSR421- PSN: acsr421
10) DaDog- PSN: Terror_Dog
11) Motor City Hami- PSN:MotorCtyHamilton
12) sheephead99- PSN: sheephead99
13) Praiano63- PSN: praiano63
14) MrGrado- PSN: Ryangt18 (i am hosting this for now till he puts it back up)
15) Jollygreen - PSN: thelitch77
16) Jackthalad- PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS
17) Ugabugaz - PSN: ugabugaz
18) DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka
19) SolidSnake7735- PSN: Ryangt18 (i am hosting this tune)
20) Rotary Junkie -hosted by VTiRoj so PSN:RoJJieE

2) Hermanvongerman- PSN: Jontank5
3) VTiRoj- PSN: RoJJieE
4) CSLACR- PSN: CSLACR
5) Theo777- PSN: zigatan
6) ACSR421- PSN: acsr421
7) Krenkme- PSN: krenkme
8) Praiano63- PSN: praiano63 (scroll down to check the tune its in the same post)
9) Motor City Hami- PSN:MotorCtyHamilton
10) SolidSnake7735- PSN: Ryangt18 (i am hosting this tune)
11) sheephead99- PSN: sheephead99 (Scroll down its in the same post.)
12) CyKosis1973- PSN: CyKosis1973
13) Jollygreen - PSN: thelitch77
14) Nomis3613- PSN: nomis3613
15) Ugabugaz - PSN: ugabugaz
16) Rotary Junkie -hosted by VTiRoj so PSN:RoJJieE

2) krenkme- PSN: krenkme
3) VTiRoj- PSN: RoJJieE
4) Hermanvongerman- PSN: Jontank5
5) CSLACR- PSN: CSLACR
6) ACSR421- PSN: acsr421
7) Praiano63- PSN: praiano63
8) Motor City Hami- PSN:MotorCtyHamilton
9) sheephead99- PSN: sheephead99 (Scroll down its in the same post.)
10)Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123
11) SolidSnake7735- PSN: Ryangt18 (i am hosting this tune)
12) Ugabugaz - PSN: ugabugaz
13) Rotary Junkie -hosted by VTiRoj so PSN:RoJJieE

Unsure

Testers

1) Hermanvongerman- PSN: Jontank5
2) VTiRoj- PSN: RoJJieE
3) Winters Noble - PSN: Wynter92
4) Luv2drive- PSN: jeffj6767
5) Jollygreen - PSN: thelitch77
6) Ryangt- PSN: ryangt18

1) Ryangt- PSN: ryangt18 (All in the same post)
2) Luv2drive- PSN: jeffj6767
3) Jollygreen - PSN: thelitch77

1) Nomis3613- PSN: nomis3613
2) Deve- PSN: gtp_Deve
3) Luv2drive- PSN: jeffj6767
4) Jollygreen- PSN: thelitch77
5) Ryangt- PSN: ryangt18 (all in the same post)
6) CSLACR- PSN: CSLACR
7) Jackthalad- PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS
8) Ugabugaz - PSN: ugabugaz
Unsure

Last edited:
I'm going to look around and see what I find to tune.
Driving break.

Question: $100,000 cars? Aside from the Lexus LFA, and GTR, are there any?
Kinda seems like under 50K will be the only place for variety with these price ranges in Japanese cars.

Last edited:
I'm going to look around and see what I find to tune.
Driving break.

Kinda seems like under 50K will be the only place for variety with these price ranges in Japanese cars.
You can always tune a lower priced car up to run in a higher price bracket. May try that with the car I'm currently testing as it shows some promise but is to close to the limit for PP in its price range so I think I can get a better performer in that range.:crazy:

Of course the fact that I hate both these tracks and do a lousy job driving them won't help any!:lol:

also the NSX but like Xdes said you are allowed to take a lower priced car and tune it up to a higher PP limit if you wish.

So if I wan I can use a WRX? Any drivetrain goes?

Also, are we including the cost of parts as part of the price range or not?

Eg, 94 wrx 27k + race suspension 20 k + ecu 1500, + intake = money gone?

or is it buy any car under 49999 and go bananas to the pp limit?

Last edited:
Suzuka eh? I'm in for tuning, at least for the 490 and 520PP. Hopefully I won't screw up this time...

any drivetrain is fine as long as you are in the PP limit you have chosen to enter

we are not including parts as part of the price range just price of the car. I tried working it out like that and it just wouldnt work fairly over all and to much research to find out which cars would be able to make it and all that jazz

Suzuka eh? I'm in for tuning, at least for the 490 and 520PP. Hopefully I won't screw up this time...

Suzuka and Tsukuba

Alright, I haven't had any time to see what's what, but put me in officially for the highest PP and lowest PP. We'll see about the middle :dopey:

To be honest I'm a little tipsy :D . So I'm sure I'm in for all three :dunce:

Shame, the 86 concept showed great promise until it peaked at a miserable 520something PP.

I'm in Ryan, as an Anjoemara (tuner). Not sure which category I'll run, let me troll through the available cars and have a conflab with some cohorts 👍

Wolf-fish-324x205.jpg

{Cy}

woot it started :D

so many choises now , not sure what to pick :P

You're tuning as well? :D

Err, I might have my car already, but I've made the decision that the low PP car would be the fun and fack around car with a little bit of teeth at the limit, which should lift the pressure off finding something bloody fast.

I absolutely love this idea, sign me up for tuning in all three categories :D
Also just for some clarification, the price ranges for each 'group' does that include tuning options as well or does it just mean the car's cost, and that tuning is free reign to the user?

EDIT: just looked back at the other posts, got so excited for this idea that i didn't check for any previously asked questions and mine was already answered :lol:

Ryan,
Sounds great. Sign me up as a tester for group 3 (I might add group 1 later if testers are in short supply).

Oi, good time to pull out that 550PP Supra of yours, retuned this time as something of a "what if I was allowed to do it as a nose up tune?", because you said very clearly there that you didn't want to do a nose up one, hence the cement up its arse. :P

Sign me up for everything tuner related and I'll test the 490PP division too for funsies. :lol:

Sign me up for everything tuner related and I'll test the 490PP division too for funsies. :lol:

Lemme guess:
490PP GT86/Honda Integra/Honda Civic Type R
520PP Evo of sorts
550PP NSX Type R (NA2)

Or something like that? :lol:

Lemme guess:
490PP GT86/Honda Integra/Honda Civic Type R
520PP Evo of sorts
550PP NSX Type R (NA2)

Or something like that? :lol:

Yes/No/No
No
Yes

I'm not sure what I want to use for 520 yet actually. :lol:

Ryan please add me for the 550PP as well!!!!

Also if anyone here has an ebony mica pant chip(the one that looks purple ish) can I please have it or swap for it? need all three rides colour co-ordinated

Yes/No/No
No
Yes

I'm not sure what I want to use for 520 yet actually. :lol:

Yay! 2/3! :D And finally! The RKM NSX is getting the full 450hp! The day has arrived for the ultimate RKM NSX! WOOO!! :lol:

Ehhh...R34 GTR?

Back