Whats the longest single drift you ever done

• Thread starter fergamasco
  • 65 comments
linking two lefts on the back end of Deep Forest immediately after the 2nd tunnel (kinda fugly looking as other IDM members will report)
linking first two turns of grand valley east reverse (last drift in my Centrifuge 3 vid)
linking the uphill left with the downhill right into the tunnel on El Capitan reverse
linking the long right followed by dual apex left on midfield reverse, with no pause between drifts
quadruple apex drift on Autumn Ring mini
drifting the long left on Apricot Hill

.....one of those, i'm unsure which was longer. But reading from the top down is how i would rate them in terms of difficulty.
To rate a drift based on how long you're smoking and slipping works.... but you can hold a low drift for a hell of a long time on mild corners and in my opinion doesnt give the whole picture.

now, someone tell me they've drifted turn 1 on high speed ring. :)
I've been goin at that just for the challenge for awhile now, without ever expecting to do it. I havent even come close yet.

The first corner in Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway.

Linking corners....... first 5 at Apricott Hill, first 3 at SS Route, corners 3-4-5-6-7 in Suzuka........ and more.

TankSpanker
linking two lefts on the back end of Deep Forest immediately after the 2nd tunnel (kinda fugly looking as other IDM members will report)

Yeah, It kinda looks weird because you almost have to dirt drop and then you almost cut back across the kerbs on the exit.

It's kinda sketchy, but still fun due to the challenge of it.

Deep Forest - "The Nearly Impossible FR Link"
Apricot Hill - Corner 1 & 2 Dual Apex Link.
Apricot Hill - Corner 7 (Huge Hairpin)
Trial Mountain - Corner 3 WAY past the bridge, feint-linked through the 1st tunnel.
Midfield Raceway - Corner 5 & 6 Dual Apex linked into the huge hairpin.
Grand Valley Speedway - Corners 6 & 7 Dual Apex linked into 8.
Autumn Ring - Backstretch before the last hairpin linked.

Apricot Hill Gigantesco Left Turn - Its not so much the length of the drift, but the angle I got on it, I did the whole damn turn at 90, only to mess it up at the end because of my adrenaline rush (from a videogame none-the-less). Seriously, I have it in a reply some where, I did the whole turn at 85-100 degrees (AWDs are great aren't they), then effed up my countersteer at the very end and went into the inner track dirt.

Certainly a n00b,

< Vin >

Well, I can drift from the really rough bumpy left-right transtition just past Kallenhard all the way around Miss-Hit-Miss in my Ruf RGT (N2/N1, 68 Kg's ballast 5 tics forward, no other mods) I'm not sure how long that is timewise, but it covers a large enough section of the track to really stand out in the maps.

Doing the Ring in Reverse I've managed to drift up the hill at the start of the back straightaway (the hill is Galgenkopf, the straight is Dottinger Hohe) and held the slide, not a huge angle, but smoking all the way to the top and then apexed the next two turns....it felt like the longest I've ever done....

I can keep the tires smoking on a good run from Hohe-Act all the way through Wipperman (leftright-right--right-leftright) but I have to fishtail it down the straight between Hohe-Act and the start of Wipperman to keep them smoking, so I count them as two drifts.

I bet if I hit it right I could drift the Karusell in one slide, only done about 3/4s of it though.

Oh...one of my challenges to myself every lap is to try and link this double right with a sand trap, it's just a part of Pflanzgarten 1, but it's the one where you come round a left down a real steep hill with a little left-right-left that you can go straight through, and then there is the right--right-left, with a big foreboding sand trap on the left side of the road, I've managed to link that in two cars, a Z06 (on N2/N1's, with the left rear dropping off briefly to keep it going) and the BMW 320i Touring car on R1's.

Sorry about the huge post, I love drifting the Nurb, and some of them are huuuuuuge drifts...

Oh, I don't know how long it is, but going in reverse, I've managed to drift from the T6 timer I think, and then switch back to the right and drift through Bergwerk...

The longest i've done was prolly on Grand Valley. Hard to explain what turn it is, but its a uphill left, down hill left, to a right and a right, and finally a left again before i finally stopped goin sideways and spinnin. Crapped my pants the whole time, and haven't been able to do it again, isn't that always the way?! :grumpy:

the dual left on deep forest, the 3-9 on suzuka east, the long left hairpin on Infineon Sports and the first two left before the uphill right, Tsukuba's last corner, the 270 at autumn ring and 2-7, the first two in Apricot hill, then the esses, then the long left, and the first two rights at motorland, some with a 99 n1 skyline or a 02 rx7 spiritrunning around 500 hp

Apricote hill the first corner and the 2 after that i linked all of them that corner is special because u are drifting while going striaght

Apricot hill, starting from the where the free run starts corners 1, 2, 3 (the short chicane), 4 onto the straight, snake down the straight, then holding the sweeping first corner into the 2nd, then the series of S bends, and losing it at the huge left turn onto the back straight... cant do the whole thing : S

BS claims time, is it?
I did the increasing radius loops on the complex string in GT3.
Obviously not true, but I did link from the 2nd one to the first part of the 5th. In an Integra. :P

uuuuuuuuhhhh...? 💡 Drifting the :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Gymkhana - Driving Park in my 400R for about a min strieght...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! DAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!.......... lol :D :sly:

Have to say.. the longest corner on Apricot Hill can be pretty challenging to drift the whole corner out. But 4WD all the way!! Hardly any countersteer and NO NOS! That and i have also linked the first 5 corners (pretty sketchy) with a Supra.

Now, keep in mind, I don't normally drive Tsukuba, so this is pretty cool for me.

Ruf RGT, no mods, N2/N1 tires, the entire last turn of Tsukuba, almost made it to the finish line, then it snapped back and I spun across the start/finish line....

Man, seeing that dark blue 911 smoke it's way around that turn is bad ass.

omnispeed
uuuuuuuuhhhh...? 💡 Drifting the :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Gymkhana - Driving Park in my 400R for about a min strieght...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! DAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!.......... lol :D :sly:

What He said... LOL but for about 4 mins... A round Drift Like D1 But around some cones! :yuck:
-TD

You drifted all of Tsukuba "rickjames" ?

Hmm, seems odd because there's two straightaways :P

My longest drift would have to be The really big right turn (If you're on Normal) on Tokyo R246. It's pretty damn long, I'm not much of a drifter but I checked out someone's STi settings and can't seem to do it again.

((The right turn is pretty much a hairpin, but really wide.))

Chris Criswell
Hmm, seems odd because there's two straightaways :P

You could manji down the backstraight and feint into the long turn, carry extra angle on your exit over into the first straightaway and manji down that into the hairpin. But, that's quite hard...

SRV2LOW4ME
The longest i've done was prolly on Grand Valley. Hard to explain what turn it is, but its a uphill left, down hill left, to a right and a right, and finally a left again before i finally stopped goin sideways and spinnin. Crapped my pants the whole time, and haven't been able to do it again, isn't that always the way?! :grumpy:

You're talking about this section...? Grand Valley Speedway Corners 6-10

I'm not trying to be a hater. But the likelyhood of linking all those turns is pretty much zero. Coming off the first dual apex drift, you HAVE to cut speed because of the sharper exit angle. There's just not enough momentum to carry through another dual apex drift and then link that into the lefter before the tunnel.

Back