The best sound of the game to me...

The best car sound is from the Chapparal 2D race car. It's amazing with a good sound system and from the exterior view, wow!

What apleasure to hear it accelerate to 185km/h in 1st gear! :)

Run an optical cable for sound into a reciever with an 8 speaker surround sound and take the Spoon Civic Type R through any tunnel. Simply awesome. 👍

I like just about any high-powered car when it's revving high...kinda kills my lap times because I love to hear the engine straining to give me more mph :)

kennythebomb
I like just about any high-powered car when it's revving high...kinda kills my lap times because I love to hear the engine straining to give me more mph :)
Haha, I do that sometimes too. The sound I love most is the wind resistance when you're going 220+ mph. It gives you an awesome sense of speed. Whether or not it is realistic, I have no idea, but I'm assuming it is

SRV2LOW4ME
Run an optical cable for sound into a reciever with an 8 speaker surround sound and take the Spoon Civic Type R through any tunnel. Simply awesome. 👍

I only have 6, but I more than make up for it with 2, 12'' 200 watt subwoofers :D

The sound in GT4 is an absoloute shame. Im sorry. But you cant have so many cars with such 'similair' sound samples.

Thats ok though, they still sound relatively cool. Only sound 'problem' i have is the music. What were PD thinking? Stupid rock music and some other weird **** ive never heard of. Im thinking i have to get a Sterio in my room or something just so i can listen to what i want whilst playing. (I have music turned of in GT4)

Looks like they wasted an uneccisarily large amount of time in what is one of the stupidest selection of music for a racing game ever. :(

Well, the choice of music is subjective. Personally I love the soundtrack, there's even two tracks by Papa Roach in there! As far as music goes you're never going to please everyone.

As for the cars sounding similar, you have a point, but in real life how many sound really distinctive?

If the engine noises are such an absolute shame, please show us a game that has a better quality and quantity of engine samples. I also believe they improved the quality of the sounds with regard to sound direction & panning, volume, cutoff, doppler effect etc, which are especially noticable in the replays.

The music is also a huge improvement over GT3. I picked roughly 50 out of the 90 odd music tracks to listen to during replays (PAL version). Some of them were pretty good, eg. Van Halen, Jet, Queens of the Stone Age, Spiderbait, Joe Satriani, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Daiki Kasho, Ulrich Schnauss and all the classical tracks.

One thing I've found is that the big American V8's from the muscle cars generally sound better if you remove the Exhaust Upgrades. Don't ask me why...

PD is just pathetic when it comes to making the American V8s sound real. A V8 never has a high pitch whine ever! The best example of a V8 is a Lotus Espirit with a racing exhaust. In regards to the music I think they did ok job I mean if you look at any game out there they always try to get music you havent heard of or songs of a known artist that you havent heard of. Im happy they didnt put a bunch of crappy rap songs on the game.

I love the bellows emitting from the exhaust of a stock Shelby Cobra. It sounds bad ass for being stock. It actually sounds throaty, like one would sound. But for some reason the Stingray (which has a 427 does it not?) doesn't sound anything like it. Hell, most four bangers sound meaner than a lot of the V8's.

I think it has something to do with the stupid ass silencers.

dasupersprint
The best car sound is from the Chapparal 2D race car. It's amazing with a good sound system and from the exterior view, wow!

What apleasure to hear it accelerate to 185km/h in 1st gear! :)

Get the RUF BTR in a tunnel or a RUF RGT it sounds BADA$$ :cool: :mad:

Ikari_San
If the engine noises are such an absolute shame, please show us a game that has a better quality and quantity of engine samples.

There arnt that many, which is why GT4 shouldve been the 'perfect game'.
Anyway, hopes are high. I watched that video of GT5 and the cars sounded pretty decent and realistic.

chris
As for the cars sounding similar, you have a point, but in real life how many sound really distinctive?

Its one of them things, you can tell when they've used the same sample and it just doesnt 'fit togethor'. Hard to explain...(kinda)

I personally love the NSX-R, Dualnote, or the HSX. Probably similar engines, but I always end up driving around Nurburgring just to listen to the engine note.

Disappointing sound for me was the M3 CSL. Waaay too quiet, as far as I am concerned. Never mind. Tis only a game.

I stopped buying exaust... upgrades= bad whinny sound :yuck:
Leave exaust stock with souround sound in a lotus v8, nsx, chapparal, :) ....

I think I remember reading the info when you buy a new exhaust, and it mentions that it reduces the volume of sound or something, that should have something (but not everything) to do with some complaints about upgraded cars

Not sure if it sounds the sme in 4 but in gt3 the sound of the gear change in a suzuki alto works (sp?) is soo cool. I think it only made the sound when it was tuned tho

Yeah, upshift sounds are awesome. So is downshifting sometimes, but especially when you hear the backfire from the exhaust at the same time 👍

I love the high pitched wine of the opel Calibra...WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Also, big boos to Polyphony's localization team for replacing the "Moon over castle" intro music with the incredibly lame van halen track. I got enough of that back in the 80s. gag.

striknine
Also, big boos to Polyphony's localization team for replacing the "Moon over castle" intro music with the incredibly lame van halen track. I got enough of that back in the 80s. gag.

In the PAL version it begins with "moon over castle" and then changes to Kasabian - Reason is Treason when the cars pull out of the pits :)

FAOLIU05
I love the bellows emitting from the exhaust of a stock Shelby Cobra. It sounds bad ass for being stock. It actually sounds throaty, like one would sound.

Couldn't agree more about the Shelby Cobra having the nicest, purest engine noise, it's simply beautiful.

Not sure about the "equipping exhaust upgrade makes engine sound whiney" though. In all the GT games since GT2 I've always found the exhaust makes it sound louder and rougher. Gotta admit I haven't really tested it with all the V8's yet, but for most cars eg. EVOVIII , with a racing exhaust it sounds incredibly loud and rough, almost like there is no muffler at all!

Ikari_San
In the PAL version it begins with "moon over castle" and then changes to Kasabian - Reason is Treason when the cars pull out of the pits :)

Couldn't agree more about the Shelby Cobra having the nicest, purest engine noise, it's simply beautiful.

Not sure about the "equipping exhaust upgrade makes engine sound whiney" though. In all the GT games since GT2 I've always found the exhaust makes it sound louder and rougher. Gotta admit I haven't really tested it with all the V8's yet, but for most cars eg. EVOVIII , with a racing exhaust it sounds incredibly loud and rough, almost like there is no muffler at all!
But the v8s sound like **** with aftermarket exhaust.

Back