≈ The DriveTrain Challenge - Come Join us Fridays for some relaxed racingOpen 

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 2,185 comments
I am anxiously awaiting GT7 right now. I have a PS5 and a cheaper Fanatec PS4/5 wheel.

Funny that you posted this because I was literally skimming the DTC thread to try and remember our old format :)

Looks like it was in flux a bit.

When GT7 hits I would like to set some solid rules and regs down so all the newcomers will have something to sink their teeth in.

I remember back in the day we were changing the rules by committee fairly often in the thread :) It would be nice for us OG guys to get together back channel and flesh it out. Then when we go live we look like a solid Snail based series that has our fecal matter together.
I just realized we had another thread for the original DTC https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-snail-drivetrain-challenge-dtc-racing-closed.273868/ Seems to have better info on what we were doing

I just went threw the old thread, I definitely enjoyed gt5 days and little bit of Gt6 days compared too gts, hoping GT7 brings the enjoyment I had before that sport has not done for me.

I’m on it.

Lots of tests and missions to get things unlocked. IMO, way too much work to get to the multi player mode, and credits are not easy to earn. Just keep on doing mission after mission to unlock tracks. You do earn free cars along the way which helps.

To me it’s too much of a “game” and not just jump on and race, which is really what I want to do.

RWD cars are VERY hard to drive. Rear end of the car always trying to pass the front. Very challenging and not realistic to me. I hear others say how much they enjoy that part of it, but it makes me drive way too careful.

Other physics feel real good. Some potential crashes can be saved now, when in Sport it would be no chance of recovery. I’m liking most of the feel except for the crazy oversteer on throttle.

I’ll keep grinding.

Last edited:
I agree. But I see it as a nice reintroduction to the game's physics, tires, tracks, etc.
Let me tell you, I'm very positively surprised. The drive feels very good and the tires are immensely better than Gt6. It's not inferior to Project Cars.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm lucky to have an hour or two a week for gaming these days. I'm hoping to get the game soon but it might be awhile before I'm up to speed...

All good. We are all fleshing everything out. I imagine a full list of cars and their stock PP numbers will surface soon. PP changes according to the tires you put on the car as well. So that’s a minor wrinkle in a PP based series. But there is probably a formula the game uses and shouldn’t be a big deal.

The thing with PP is that now it has decimal numbers. Now you can have a car with PP 550.43. There will have to be a rounding formula.
slow guys get to round down fast guys must round up. Problem solved :D

Also I created the PP spreadsheet so have a bad feeling that I went through and did it for each car. Any volunteers to do it this time since I dont even have a Playstation? ;)

Well that all sounds confusing. It will be hard to regulate the series if the same car can have different PP levels depending on mileage, tires and mods. We used to limit the tires at least.

Well that all sounds confusing. It will be hard to regulate the series if the same car can have different PP levels depending on mileage, tires and mods. We used to limit the tires at least.
We also used the pp for a 0 mile or one with an engine refresh/oil change. Cant remember the correct term. We allowed no tuning and each car used a set tires for the pp range. I believe but could be wrong but i think the PP may have been tire independent. but not sure about that

I have updated the old Known PP spreadsheet (link in signature) with the list of GT7 cars (where I could put the PP from the old list in one column). If people give me some PPs from GT7 we can start inputting them and see what sort of values we get based on tires and what not.

I have a question for any of you with GT7 and that has played AC (preferably on PC). How do you feel the physics of GT7 are vs GT5 and AC?

Ok I have been able to find about 300 of the car PPs. Not found a list of the older (pre 2000) cars yet. I think it is going to be hard to get a good mix of cars within a certain pp range. GT7 seems very concentrated on cars between 600-800pp with mostly race cars. for instance GT5 had 10 Audis between 400-500pp, in GT7 it has 1. Honda in GT5 had 55 in and maybe 5 in GT7. I hope that there is lots of DLC.

GT7 is broken for what we want to do right now so DTC will probably have to wait a bit longer...buuut we can still get a list of all the cars and their stock PP numbers somewhere right? At least we'll have that ready ;)

does anyone know if the PP from the new/used car dealerships changes if the oil is changed or the engine refreshed or if the car is driven a certain amount of miles for breaking in?

I don't but I haven't put enough miles on anything to make a difference.

I am wondering if PP racing is ready yet for some trial runs? I haven't really tested if all the cars in a certain PP range are as close in performance on the track. Might start testing soon to find out. Wouldn't mind getting this up and running soon on a predetermined night.

At the current state of online race lobbies we would have to run at the same track for all the races using the same number of laps (or time). And the same weather all night. We would have to basically set it to no tuning and post our car selections here prior to race night and make sure everyone is running the same cars they specified in their list throughout the night. And same tires all night as well.

I don't but I haven't put enough miles on anything to make a difference.

I am wondering if PP racing is ready yet for some trial runs? I haven't really tested if all the cars in a certain PP range are as close in performance on the track. Might start testing soon to find out. Wouldn't mind getting this up and running soon on a predetermined night.

At the current state of online race lobbies we would have to run at the same track for all the races using the same number of laps (or time). And the same weather all night. We would have to basically set it to no tuning and post our car selections here prior to race night and make sure everyone is running the same cars they specified in their list throughout the night. And same tires all night as well.
I have just updated the spreadsheet. See link below. The pp is based on values found at (https://www.kudosprime.com/gt7/carlist.php) Since I dont have GT7 I cant vouch for the accuracy. But take a look and see if you think they are correct.

So, nothing really happening here?
Why don't we set a date and just get on track for a good ol'time racing? Medium/high PP, nice track. Done. No?

Last edited:
I was watching a video on YouTube about the history of gran turismo and it reminded me of you guys and this group.

I’m on ACC now a days on PC. My steam friend code is 64876408. I have a group of friends running a series of hour races over the winter. Any of you are welcome!

I was watching a video on YouTube about the history of gran turismo and it reminded me of you guys and this group.

I’m on ACC now a days on PC. My steam friend code is 64876408. I have a group of friends running a series of hour races over the winter. Any of you are welcome!
If you ever slum it in AC I have a good group of guys that drive/race with. Search for "spirited drive" for the servers and if you use discord https://discord.com/invite/2xftbSav

Back