≣PURE | Super GT Cup - Congratulations to GT500 champion GTPGhost and GT300, PASM!Finished 

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,436 comments
I clicked the time link to show what time races begin in my time Zone.

It says Las Vegas 12:00 PST/ 3:00 EST.

OP says 1:00 PST. I assume my start time is 4:00pm

Just did a shakedown at Silverstone International Circuit. First time online.
Manage to do a stint of 55 laps on same set of tires :embarrassed:
Thats completly diferent from GT5.
Did my best lap on lap 20 but in lap 43 was only .088 behind that fast lap. Tires seem to hold really well. Only started to have issues at lap 50.
Have you guys tested the tires?? Diferences to other compounds? It would be interesting to have more than 1 compound and have diferent stratagies :P
Anything higher than hards on the BRZ will be too sticky.

Did some running at Apricot Hill for first time yesterday - for a GT300 would say a low 22 is very quick, high 21 extremely quick - a lot of time depends on how well you can maintain speed through the wiggles early in the lap, but you can also lose TONS of time there too.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm going to struggle to get a 21 assuming others have all got their room settings correct when practicing.

We did a race in the reddit racing club in the BRZs, I was streaming it earlier Sunday, you can watch how we did there in my stream archive video here:
http://www.twitch.tv/wardezgo/b/489519450

Starts at about the 1 hour and 30 second mark. Yes, I'm playing as the dummy account "RedditRaceHQ," needed to in order to have 15 full slots available in the "Friends" only room. I don't have room in my friendslist to add 50 people so we made that. btw, if any of you are interested in running a casual club racing series that I host on reddit, feel free to join, we're racing the BRZ GT300 Base Model in the one-make series. Information here.

And sorry about the cut out mid-race, my computer crashed during the stream.

I hit a fastest lap of 1:21.9 in that race.

It's weird, 'cause I felt faster on colder tires for some reason, times stayed in the 22s after they warmed up and stayed there consistently for a while.

You guys can definitely check that video out to get sort of a preview of how the racing could be in our pre-season race this coming Sunday. Obviously not totally the same since we're running mixed class with the GT500s, but just an idea.

It's an AWESOME track for racing! Really amazing flow, so glad PD put it in, can't believe people actually wanted Midfield over this. The track's like a combination of Interlagos and Suzuka, all the best parts. <3 Love it.

Did some running at Apricot Hill for first time yesterday - for a GT300 would say a low 22 is very quick, high 21 extremely quick - a lot of time depends on how well you can maintain speed through the wiggles early in the lap, but you can also lose TONS of time there too.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm going to struggle to get a 21 assuming others have all got their room settings correct when practicing.
I'm mid-to-low 22's as well, so nothing to worry about I think. Even if people can knock off a lap or two in the high 21's, you sacrifice tire life for those times

It's an AWESOME track for racing! Really amazing flow, so glad PD put it in, can't believe people actually wanted Midfield over this. The track's like a combination of Interlagos and Suzuka, all the best parts. <3 Love it.

hells yeah... Midfield? GT2 was always all about the plum strip. That track is one of the best PD ever made. Although I do remember the downhill chicane at the end being a bit more deadly before. Seems a bit "easy" in GT6.

hells yeah... Midfield? GT2 was always all about the plum strip. That track is one of the best PD ever made. Although I do remember the downhill chicane at the end being a bit more deadly before. Seems a bit "easy" in GT6.
The last chicane is where I have trouble. After my 20 lap stint I still couldn't get it right.

The BRZ's are creating some very close racing so far 👍 A lot of people running high 21's/low 22's. The draft helps to keep cars glued together, but it's tough to actually pass even with the slipstream advantage.

Down to a 21.9 now and fairly consistently running at low 22s but that doesn't seem.. Quick.. Had a good close race with Wii, but I'm not a big fan of this circuit, felt a lot better at Silverstone etc. than here.

Seeing people doing 21.3 in a GT300 is very concerning when it's not Tony driving :D

Back