≣PURE | Super GT Cup - Congratulations to GT500 champion GTPGhost and GT300, PASM!Finished 

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,436 comments
Room open 1472-4711-0467-9857-9070

Cool, thanks man. Also, are we only testing/running the BRZ GT300? Or are the other GT300 cars welcome as well ?

EDIT: I have the BRZ GT300 and the RX7 AsparaDrink for GT-300 Vehicles, I was just wondering.

Down to a 21.9 now and fairly consistently running at low 22s but that doesn't seem.. Quick.. Had a good close race with Wii, but I'm not a big fan of this circuit, felt a lot better at Silverstone etc. than here.

Seeing people doing 21.3 in a GT300 is very concerning when it's not Tony driving :D
Yeah and I predict their tires wearing out 1/3 of the way through the race with those times. Being fast is one thing, getting your tires to last until the end of the race is another.

Cool, thanks man. Also, are we only testing/running the BRZ GT300? Or are the other GT300 cars welcome as well ?

EDIT: I have the BRZ GT300 and the RX7 AsparaDrink for GT-300 Vehicles, I was just wondering.

Dude, seriously read the OP. :lol:

Yeah and I predict their tires wearing out 1/3 of the way through the race with those times. Being fast is one thing, getting your tires to last until the end of the race is another.

Dude, seriously read the OP. :lol:

My mistake :D I read it wrong, thought that just for the Multi-Class, but got it now. Thanks.

You can really save a lot of tire compared to the other guys just by making sure you don't go red in that long left hander before the downhill backstraight. Also, not going so heavy on the esses.

You can get tyres to turn red through the long left?? It's impossible to do that using a DS3. I assume you're using a wheel when doing that Eddie? Might explain the one lap pace.

Enjoyed practise tonight guys.. pleasantly surprised by the numbers. First time for me with this car/track and got into it fairly quickly. Should be some good, close racing 👍

You can get tyres to turn red through the long left?? It's impossible to do that using a DS3. I assume you're using a wheel when doing that Eddie? Might explain the one lap pace.

Yeah, it's possible with the pad too, you get it from having a bad, unsettled, exit.

You can really save a lot of tire compared to the other guys just by making sure you don't go red in that long left hander before the downhill backstraight. Also, not going so heavy on the esses.
I don't even pay attention to the tire thing in turns, I just listen to the tires.

Guys is that information correct, it says on the board that Silverstone gran prix is going to be 150 km 38 lap, and apricot hill 150km 25 laps, Silverstone is 2 minutes something a lap, so i dont know if it is a mistake....

This just in, we have way too many GT300 drivers. 40 GT300s and 21 GT500.

But also, that tops JGTS 3 and makes this the biggest Pure event ever, which is nice. Just kind of makes things interesting on the administrative side, having to deal with the skewed participation numbers.

If any GT300 drivers would like to make the switch to GT500, please do so, and let me know. Even then though, we're still going to have much more GT300s, but we can deal with it.

What will end up happening is something like this:

Say, for one round, 30 GT300s and 15 GT500s qualify.
The rooms would be split up as follows:

• Division 1 Room - Multi Class
    • Top 8 GT500s, top 8 GT300s
  • Division 2 Room - Multi Class
    • 7 GT500s (positions 9 through 15) and 9 GT300s (positions 9 through 17)
  • Division 3 room - Single Class
    • 13 remaining GT300 qualifiers
So qualifying highly in the multi class rounds will give you the luxury of racing the two-class format, otherwise, people who rank further down the order in qualifying will race

@Yaodrift
Thanks for pointing that out, copy and pasted wrongly, will correct it now.

I would have gone GT500 but the Nissan isn't as good to drive IMO, I'd say that's why it's skewed toward GT300.

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. When I say that qualifying's "open" I'm saying that, if you needed to, you could run qualifying starting from today lasting till deadline on Sunday, two hours before the pre-season race.

Some Pictures:

11527703853_6a4d3f2e4f_o.jpg

11527703513_523fbc8b7d_o.jpg

11527703493_ebeb6ab79c_o.jpg

11527703473_10cb201816_o.jpg

11527703083_d506d337c9_o.jpg

Aw man, please?

We've never tracked preseason before... Surprised you're even doing formal qualifying. ;)

If I have to make a one off why not just use a g.doc? There's no scoring or anything, just a list... and you can copy paste registration data off the tracking page.

We've never tracked preseason before... Surprised you're even doing formal qualifying. ;)

If I have to make a one off why not just use a g.doc? There's no scoring or anything, just a list... and you can copy paste registration data off the tracking page.

Yeah... but I'd like to get people used to the system now... if it's not too much trouble. There's new marshals and such I'd like to get working with the system asap as well.

Back