◆ S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series "Wednesday Night"

Last weeks test race had me pulling roughly 2.63 liters per lap. 19 laps per half tank, 50liters.

That says 128 liters will get it done. Hmmmm I did have a good draft for a bit.

D3 is open for testing!!!

You just have to keep in mind that these amount of fuel will vary with the traffic/grid position/draft or no draft and the driver...
Yeah, the strategy should be dynamic. I'll probably try to leach off someone's draft ;)
Also my joystick on the wheel seems to be on the way out, doesn't click 'left' 2 times out of 3 tries. Will make dialing in the right amount hard....

Technically 101 litres is full. You always start off with 100 litres though. I'm going to try and make it tonight. It's going to be close.

My beers go on the right side of the wheel, and the controller on the left. If the beer gets to the controller it's taking the G25 with it hahaha. The empties go right up front over the duration, like a buffer of sorts.

On my monitor. My fuel gauge is 1.25 long. Every .125 (1/8") is 10 liters. I got clear tape marked out. See how this works out. ;)

On my monitor. My fuel gauge is 1.25 long. Every .125 (1/8") is 10 liters. I got clear tape marked out. See how this works out. ;)

I did the same thing you did, but mine is close to 4" long. 60" samsung..
edit getting on here shortly for testing.

I did the same thing you did, but mine is close to 4" long. 60" samsung..
edit getting on here shortly for testing.

3x 24" at 18" away from eyes. ;)

504BF40C-C90A-47CD-B5F3-82F75214FA67-4170-0000025CBCC8E4DA_zpsae7601bb.jpg

Thinking for GT6 having a static sticker made with proper increments.

Last edited:
Guess I better stop looking for cars on Craigslist and get online for some testing. Trying to find a 3rd generation Camaro with a decent rear end and a worked small block.

Guess I better stop looking for cars on Craigslist and get online for some testing. Trying to find a 3rd generation Camaro with a decent rear end and a worked small block.

Mmmmm Sounds sweet, good luck!

Try CamaroZ28.com and LS1Tech and ChitownRacing.com
--------------------------------------------

We're in D3 and have 6 spots open still!

Damn, I guess I need to learn the difference between EST and CST. I was really looking forward to racing too. Oh well, back to my physics homework :(

I was looking forward to racing also. 20 laps in got bit by a spider on my foot. Had to back out and tend to it..

What a waste of time. I just updated my wheel's firmware in hopes that I could alleviate the issues (no wheel response, only can upshift), but no. The wheel stopped responding twice, and I couldn't shift at the end of lap 32. I almost punched through the damn thing.

F-tec? :)
I'm writing to support tomorrow, the joystick finally quit. During the race. Screwed up all my fuel calculations,lol.

Yeah, Fanatec. Strange thing is that I only have problems when I'm playing GT5. I played ProjectCARS for nearly four hours straight on Sunday and I didn't have so much as a hiccup.

RESULTS: "Congratualtions Marcus"

8048A9C3-E173-4417-9EBC-5012F6D1020C-4426-000002890BDE02EB_zpsf8e6fe8e.jpg

Incredible race tonight. Really put the mental and physical stress on myself. End of my second stint. Around lap 28, I was starting to feel the pressure. Mentally trying to maintain focus. The heat was setting in. Had to tell myself to focus. Coming out on the last stint I had Marcus making his charge and I had grabbed a second wind. Was able to stay focused till the end.

All those that made it to the end, congrats. It was not an easy task!

NEXT WEEKS COMBO:
Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC(Racing Mediums) @ Laguna Seca
Laps - 64

Rough fuel specs: 2.55 liters per lap. 163.2 liters per race. Not sure how the tires will wear. So might be a 3 stop race.

UPDATES IN OP

Last edited:
RESULTS: "Congratualtions Marcus"

Incredible race tonight. Really put the mental and physical stress on myself. End of my second stint. Around lap 28, I was starting to feel the pressure. Mentally trying to maintain focus. The heat was setting in. Had to tell myself to focus. Coming out on the last stint I had Marcus making his charge and I had grabbed a second wind. Was able to stay focused till the end.

All those that made it to the end, congrats. It was not an easy task!

Congratulations everyone!

What a run. To those who made it all the way; you stand apart.

Man, Owens was sweatin me hard. A bit of lag at the start and occasionally thereafter, and then after I spun towards the end of the first stint my plans changed a bit. I pit a couple of laps early to try to separate myself from the field, and ended up in a run with dsg for a while coming out. By the middle of the stint it was Owens in the lead with dsg and myself closing in. I was psyched for a finish charge reminiscent of our past, however dsg got hung out in the dirt and I couldn't hang around. By the end of my second stint I was clawing back a few tenths here and there upon Owens who was sitting comfortably in the lead.

For the final stint I decided to pit a lap earlier than I anticipate the other leaders would, in attempt to keep from having to race in a pack and to close the gap on Owens earlier so that I wasn't trying to chase him down on low tyres at the end. After a couple of lapped traffic passes, and a near rear-ender with Owens; I was in his draft. I chose to hang out for a couple of laps so that I could enjoy the beer I had so neglected in the runup to then before making a move. I had a draft run coming out of the T1 complex, and took an unusual(for me) inside line pass and stuck it(probably because Owens was a bit lenient with me, perhaps). Owens kept me running until a lap or two before the finish where he bobbled after hanging an outside tyre in the marbles, and gave me a free ticket to ride.

I recall closing in, to what I felt was just outside the draft pull over 10 laps before the finish. Jeff, it took me 10 laps to claw my way up and pass you. That was a run for the books. My hat is off to you, my friend. I haven't had to run so hard for so long in a long time. It's good to be back.

In summary; everybody's got a plan until they're backwards in the grass.

:cheers:

That was a fun race and I could definitely feel myself losing focus towards the end. Another couple laps and DragonWhisky would have caught me.

It sucks for Kendawg because he was right behind me a few laps in as we were entering the left/right S curve in sector 2 when out of nowhere I see him get lag spiked 100m off the track. It was like he got T-boned by an invisible garbage truck. That must have lost him at least 20 seconds or more.

That was a fun race and I could definitely feel myself losing focus towards the end. Another couple laps and DragonWhisky would have caught me.

It sucks for Kendawg because he was right behind me a few laps in as we were entering the left/right S curve in sector 2 when out of nowhere I see him get lag spiked 100m off the track. It was like he got T-boned by an invisible garbage truck. That must have lost him at least 20 seconds or more.

OR More. That Was A Perfect Way To Describe It Brando. I Didn't Know What Happen. I Think I Saw Elvis.

I was just thinking about, what if we ran a car for 3 races, Example:

Camaro RM
1 race at a Origial track
1 race at a World circuit
1 race at a city course

That way we could keep a car for 3 races at 3 different types of tracks.

Just a thought.

Making it to the end was ok, just not at the same pace as the first 10 laps on RM. I pushed the tires to the limit and only did one pit at lap 24. thanks for not running me over to those that lapped me. Lost over 2:30 min to the outstanding wins.

X

I was just thinking about, what if we ran a car for 3 races, Example:

Camaro RM
1 race at a Origial track
1 race at a World circuit
1 race at a city course

That way we could keep a car for 3 races at 3 different types of tracks.

Just a thought.

Not a bad idea, new cars each week till GT6 seemed a good way to keep things fresh. ;)

Maybe we will hold it to like four cars and cycle through.

Back