◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I woulda been able to stick around for the last two, especially the oval. I gotta get some sleep though. :)

Sorry I missed last night- looks like it was a good time. But my fiance had drawn me a bubble bath - and that's not something you say no to! Lol.
This is a man who intends to keep his fiance/girlfriend.

Yes it is.. No i'm racing.
This is a man who does not.

I should clarify that there was more than a bubble bath included. It was a package deal.
After having just celebrated my 30th anniversary, I feel I must say, I knew exactly what your woman had in mind. No man seeks a bubble bath unless there is a naked partner involved and more on the docket than bathing. Most women know this by the time they're 16, and use it to their advantage. Sometimes, it's to the man's advantage to draw the woman the bath.... with candles and some fermented beverages, and low music. Do these kinds of things often, but not regularly, and she'll be much more inclined to tell you "sure honey, it's ok if you race tonight."

January 14th, 2014 Prize Winners

If you guys can have your track pick (one each) for next week sooner than later, it would be appreciated 👍

We're racing the Juniors next week, so keep that in mind when choosing your track! This post has the Tracks currently available to Karts in GT6.

@carracerptp
@racingchamp30
@Dragonwhisky

:cheers:

Great racing last night. Seeing how 1.03 crashed my PS3, and each and qualifying was messed up, I can't wait for 1.04 :rolleyes:

London was a scary blast. Never had I been so nervous avoiding 1 curb.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track, I made way too many mistakes. Was 2 seconds off of @MC-Chase at one point still had a blast trying to fight back.

Twin Ring Motegi - East, I crashed out in turn 1 from the pole (my new skill) and @Dragonwhisky had an incident on lap 2 so we ran 2 kart draft back up the field, one less bobble and one more lap we would have had it.

Twin Ring Motegi Oval - I figured a taller gear would help me but the "real" draft lacks the NOS feeling so I could only push cars.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track, I made way too many mistakes. Was 2 seconds off of @MC-Chase at one point still had a blast trying to fight back.

Eiger was tricky. I used the gear ratios from the first race (I didn't know they changed :dunce:) and I think that helped me on corner exits though it was hard to pull you in on the straights even with the slip-stream. Either way it was real good fun, i'll try and be around for a few more of these, but as mentioned before it starts around 2am for me which means i won't be a regular unfortunately!

Eiger was tricky. I used the gear ratios from the first race (I didn't know they changed :dunce:) and I think that helped me on corner exits though it was hard to pull you in on the straights even with the slip-stream. Either way it was real good fun, i'll try and be around for a few more of these, but as mentioned before it starts around 2am for me which means i won't be a regular unfortunately!
Yes, I noticed right after the start you ran much shorter gearing. It really made it impossible for me to pull away out of corners, but the trade off was I could pass you on the straights much easier.

Hope to race you again 👍

LoL About the bubble bath. Now let me explain why. See your lady decided hmmm hes paying attention to that game an awful lot. This attention you give makes a girl jealous. No matter what it is you give that attention too. They are threatened and must establish they have control and will do sneaky little like this. You thought oh how sweet and sexy. While she used her appeal to pull your attention away from the thing that threatened her. Now you must be aware and note that if she truly cared she would of waited or even brought this on at another day.

Betcha you this doesn't happen again unless you are scheduled to do something you enjoy and she isn't involved or part of.

Thats my theory anyhow. Ive learned to take the stance that I don't ask for much me time but when I do me time. It wont be taken away. ;)

Glad my lady doesn't read these forums or I'd be in the dog house for that post. LMAO

Thats my theory anyhow. Ive learned to take the stance that I don't ask for much me time but when I do me time. It wont be taken away. ;)

Glad my lady doesn't read these forums or I'd be in the dog house for that post. LMAO

Good luck with that ;)

Interesting theory... I told her that Sunday nights are reserved and that Tuesdays were secondary. She claimed to have forgotten that karting was on Tuesdays (which is certainly possible). I guess the real test of your theory will be if she tries to do something on a Sunday, which is clearly off limits under normal circumstances.

To be honest, when I'm racing she's essentially in the house alone for the night. I can understand limiting that to just a few nights a week. And I doubt she did it purposely because I had karting.

Preemptive strikes are the way to go guys. Don't ever horse trade with a woman and her affections. Don't mess around bringing knives to gun fights either. Take off and nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Yes, that was fun. I only ran the first two races but really enjoyed London reversed. I love the karts, but have a lot to learn.

Hey guys,

Quick question - remember when we did qualifying in London the starting grid for the race was all wrong? Did anyone ascertain why that was? I was hosting a practice lobby for my series tonight with a few spot-races and we had EXACTLY the same problem!

Hey guys,

Quick question - remember when we did qualifying in London the starting grid for the race was all wrong? Did anyone ascertain why that was? I was hosting a practice lobby for my series tonight with a few spot-races and we had EXACTLY the same problem!

I did some SPEC racing last night and got the same results as well.

Welcome to the Polyphony Digital Beta Testing Lottery Team.

Track pick - Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A) - Reverse

I noticed that the newest update of 1.03 has screwed things up in GT6. Noticed that where ever i qualify, i don't start in that position and at times where ever i finish, it shows me down the line. For example, i qualified 8th for one of the kart races and afterwards placed me in starting 10th. I am hoping that PD fixes this. This wasn't happening after update 1.02

They also messed up the brakes in online. No matter how you change the break balance it doesnt effect the car's handling like it should. Also tested ABS and regardless of setting, if its off or on 10 the brakes lock up just as quickly.

Geez- what did they actually improve in 1.03?

The wheels are fixed or wait the "aftermarket wheels" on staggered set ups are. The factory wheels were fine and not broken. Good focus eh?

Hey Karters, this Tuesdays lineup is set.

We'll be using Suzuka as the Oval, it's a foot to the floor track in the Junior Kart 👍

See you on Tuesday!

I'm moving on Monday so no PS3 until the new router and internet. 99% chance I won't make it.

I'm moving on Monday so no PS3 until the new router and internet. 99% chance I won't make it.

Sorry to hear that carracer. Not really though. That just means at least one more chance at a podium for the rest of us. ;)

Just so you all know, during testing/gear tuning/practice race at Suzuka.

Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

It literally doesn't get any closer than that. The gap came up for second place as 0:00.000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back