◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting me join you guys the other night. If it's OK I'd like to join regularly.

Just a suggestion. I raced in this weeks races as well as the ones just before the holidays. I understand the rule that is in place that the 1st and 2nd place racers cannot bump draft,but I saw it happening in both of the high speed oval tracks (montegi and the indy and even tracks like high speed ring) and it was really hard not to bump draft in those positions because every one was so close,especially at the Indy race. Maybe letting bump drafting occur between 1st and 2nd on high speed ovals only? Seems like it would not effect the field to much, because everyone seems to be in a pack. It was hard to determine if you could bump draft or not because the 1st and 2nd positions were changing continually. I'm OK with what ever the rule is, but maybe some feedback is in order. Thanks for the great racing. Nice cleanly ran rooms, great clean racers, and lots of competition.

There's no way Dabny and I would have been able to catch up to the group if the front runners were also bump drafting. Perhaps it would be more fun to restrict it to the last lap?

There's no way Dabny and I would have been able to catch up to the group if the front runners were also bump drafting. Perhaps it would be more fun to restrict it to the last lap?

I realize some will fall behind for what ever reason, but that is usually the case with most forms of racing. If you fall behind with a few racers and the rest of the front pack is drafting together in a pack. your likely not going to catch up even if the 1st and 2nd racers bump draft as it is. The major thing that I wanted to point out was how difficult is was to decide if you could bump because every one was in a pack stretched out along the width of the track. You never knew who was going to be in what position most times. especially during the Indy race.

I realize some will fall behind for what ever reason, but that is usually the case with most forms of racing. If you fall behind with a few racers and the rest of the front pack is drafting together in a pack. your likely not going to catch up even if the 1st and 2nd racers bump draft as it is. The major thing that I wanted to point out was how difficult is was to decide if you could bump because every one was in a pack stretched out along the width of the track. You never knew who was going to be in what position most times. especially during the Indy race.
I understand...but I guess in my case it was a race start glitch that blocked me from starting before everyone else...I suppose that's a rare instance though.

I definitely think it is an odd rule and perhaps something like "no bump drafting if you are within 1 second of the lead" would be a better rule and easier to understand and enforce.

My track choice would be brands hatch Indy circuit

I'd love to run that track too 👍

But PD does not allow it to be chosen when racing Karts. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

The only GT6 track we can chose fir Karts is the Stadium.

Bit late notice but is there a space for tomorrow? Never done a kart race in GT6 but I'd really like to give it a shot.

So Tuesday is:

100 Kart

London / Reverse

Eiger (forward if not specified?)

Tsukuba

Oval

Bit late notice but is there a space for tomorrow? Never done a kart race in GT6 but I'd really like to give it a shot.

Absolutely, we run in the open lobby, watch here for room number posts, reasonable chance we'll have two rooms.

So Tuesday is:

100 Kart

London / Reverse

Eiger (forward if not specified?)

Tsukuba

Oval

Running behind getting set up, don't have gearing as yet. Might be as late as tomorrow just before the races :scared:

January 14th, 2014: PDI Racing Kart 100 or Racing Kart 100 - 100's Kart Gearing
Race 1 - London Reverse - ?? laps
Race 2 - Eiger Nordwand Short Track - Forward - ?? laps
Race 3 - Tsukuba - ?? laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval
- ?? laps

Running behind getting set up, don't have gearing as yet. Might be as late as tomorrow just before the races :scared:

Sorry if this is obvious and I'm just being a bit slow :dunce:, but am I right in presuming that you will set a mandatory gear ratio that everyone must use for the race?

Nope. It's not mandatory. You can use any gearing you like. In the past kcheeb has done some testing to determine a workable gear ratio for each track planned for the kart being raced there.

Nope. It's not mandatory. You can use any gearing you like. In the past kcheeb and @Dragonwhisky has done some testing to determine a workable gear ratio for each track planned for the kart being raced there.

Fixed that for you ;)

Dragon is 100% correct, as per usual :D And I encourage everyone to give it a try and share :tup

I run recommended gear ratio only, the racing seems closer. Sometimes we have had someone streak off into the distance, but, to my uneducated eye, the lines look the same, but they go faster. This is a series more about fun and racing than "my tune beats yous, brah!" And we encourage you to share if you hve a recommendation for gearing you think is better.

Roll 'em, Danno!

@Daniel Lohse it appears Tsukuba is not available for Karts either. It has weather and I think that's the issue.

This post has the current GT6 tracks available for Karts, thanks.

Really had a time of getting the PS3, the TV screen and GT-6 to "talk to each other". Kept saying the screen resolution needed to be reset - then would restart the PS3. Finally (have no idea what) got them all talking and the 1.03 was downloaded and installed.
Am wondering how many Kart Drivers will be missing because of the same issues? Hope folks have an easier time with it than I did.

I'll be racing tonight of my PS3 downloads the update ok. It really stinks that we can't run at Tsukuba.

I'll be racing tonight of my PS3 downloads the update ok. It really stinks that we can't run at Tsukuba.

There are no limits to Karts racing on Tsukuba ......... not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back