◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
For Thursday night I don't know where to find combo list, but if there's a 80's car list thats would be my pick, Q-track= spa
I have been making the car lists based off everyone's suggestions. Can you give me a PP range for the 80's cars? A 50 to 75pp range would be ideal, like 400-450pp or something like that.

I have been making the car lists based off everyone's suggestions. Can you give me a PP range for the 80's cars? A 50 to 75pp range would be ideal, like 400-450pp or something like

Last edited:
If the bosses want to put in a hard rule about lineup changes during race night then we need to have a similar rule that everyone post their lineup on the spreadsheet before qualifying starts.

I will need to check that all participants in the room have done so before they can race. I will also need to check to make sure each participant races a car directly from their lineup sheet before starting the race.

It doesn't sound like much but it takes time and very seldom does everyone in the room post their lineup on the sheet before the race.

Posting lineups in the thread does not count because I can't go searching the thread throughout the race.

@jobyone
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 is 617pp after oil change.

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - 559pp

DAP Racing Kart #17 '80 - 485pp

Lotus 97T '85 - 902pp

Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo - 617pp

If the bosses want to put in a hard rule about lineup changes during race night then we need to have a similar rule that everyone post their lineup on the spreadsheet before qualifying starts.

I will need to check that all participants in the room have done so before they can race. I will also need to check to make sure each participant races a car directly from their lineup sheet before starting the race.

It doesn't sound like much but it takes time and very seldom does everyone in the room post their lineup on the sheet before the race.

Posting lineups in the thread does not count because I can't go searching the thread throughout the race.
The responsibility for that doesn't have to fall on you Joe. We can share duties so one hosts, other does the results entry and other checks car line ups.

So, no more days of finding out I can race ten minutes before race time and creating my line up as I go? That sucks. While I'm here, I guess I'll mention that I should be back running on a semi-regular basis around the first part of July.

I have always wanted the lineups to be established before hand. I do think it adds to the strategy. My real hope was that there would be no duplicates. So first come first serve. You list first you get your pick of cars but everyone after can choose cars based on your lineup.

That being said I do not want the casual race to not join us to try out that racing because they did not have a lineup in place.

Maybe we can say in order to win a pick (PP/Qualifying track) you must post your lineup prior to racing.

Maybe we can say in order to win a pick (PP/Qualifying track) you must post your lineup prior to racing.
So basically, a lineup just needs to be chosen before the first race?

I think this could work which would allow @JLBowler to post a lineup 10 minutes before the race. And as @Schmiggz said, a couple guys could pull the lineups off the posts and enter them in the spreadsheet. I will volunteer for this.

Thanks to @kendawg, @danfurey, @tezgm99 and @Kgffy for running the Thursday practice night with me.

Kgffy, please pick the qualifying track and a group of cars you would like to run this Thursday. Ken, Dan and Tez, please also pick a group of cars you would like to race.

Test line-up for tomorrow:
FF - Integra DC5 RM '04 484pp
4WD - CZ-3 Tarmac Rally 495pp
FR - Series One Supercharged '03 493pp
MR - Megane Trophy Base '11 518pp

I also wanted to ask everyone's help in finding out which cars are competitive with each other. We have all raced in this series long enough to know which cars have good battles and scanning over historical line-ups shows that many of us own and use the same cars. Some examples would be the Storia/Sirion vs. Element, BRZ/GT-86/FR-S vs. RenaultSport Clio RS, RS200 vs Mugen S2000...

Thanks to @kendawg, @danfurey, @tezgm99 and @Kgffy for running the Thursday practice night with me.

Kgffy, please pick the qualifying track and a group of cars you would like to run this Thursday. Ken, Dan and Tez, please also pick a group of cars you would like to race.

Test line-up for tomorrow:
FF - Integra DC5 RM '04 484pp
4WD - CZ-3 Tarmac Rally 495pp
FR - Series One Supercharged '03 493pp
MR - Megane Trophy Base '11 518pp

I also wanted to ask everyone's help in finding out which cars are competitive with each other. We have all raced in this series long enough to know which cars have good battles and scanning over historical line-ups shows that many of us own and use the same cars. Some examples would be the Storia/Sirion vs. Element, BRZ/GT-86/FR-S vs. RenaultSport Clio RS, RS200 vs Mugen S2000...

@jobyone,
Can you please update the scoring tabs in the spreadsheet and the 2nd post? I have updated my TotP here. When you have time, can you also post up your totals for the most frequently used vehicles? I have something in mind for a type of shuffle event and this would be very helpful. Thanks.

I changed this for you, but noticed someone sorted the Known PP tab. :nervous:

Everyone,
Only make changes to the "Sorted Known PP" tab please. Thanks.

The highest FF car is the VW Scirocco N24 15th Anniversary at 515pp but as Tez said, Joby limits us to around 2000pp. The same issue arises with 4WD cars at low PP numbers, around 350-400pp.
Yeah my bad about sorting the Known PP tab. I usually have an exported spreadsheet I work off of. I was just being lazy.

I love how you keep it real with the American cars. MURICA! **** YEAH!

to bad 2000 is the limit l, there are so many great cars over 500pp, can't someone pick over 2000pp and have mr/fr/4wd over 500pp and jst pick a spec ff race so all of those cars over 500 are not left out, jst a suggestion

That is where the split pp would come into play.

to bad 2000 is the limit l, there are so many great cars over 500pp, can't someone pick over 2000pp and have mr/fr/4wd over 500pp and jst pick a spec ff race so all of those cars over 500 are not left out, jst a suggestion
you can pick say 2000 and then do a 1200/800 split. Two cars at 600 and two at 400.

1990pp (sports soft) with qualifying at Rome. Spreadsheet sign-ups are updated.
I have updated the OP and spreadsheet.

Just because I love making things more complicated and am full of ideas for thursday what if we allowed people to run one wild card car. For instance @kendawg says Any Mazda Miata, Roadster, MX-5 between 360pp - 400pp. you could choose to run a wild card of some other roadster between 360-400. Each person could run one wild card car a night.

Just a thought and feel free to ignore.

I am looking forward to Thursday. I may miss the first race but should be able to join in:)

I would love a split with no race cars aloud so the big exotics could finally come out, like the saleen, caddy cien, Ferrari 458, VW Nardo or the Ford GT.

@tezgm99 and @danfurey
If I could get your car class choices for Thursday by early tomorrow morning (like 6am EST) that would be awesome. Thanks.

Edit: And tell me which tires for the cars.

@Kgffy
Please let me know which tires you would like to run the 80's cars 370-410pp on. Thanks.

Last edited:
@Rallywagon
@savage388
@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Kgffy
@danfurey
@Michelin
TONIGHT!
Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)​

6/3/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1990. All cars must be between 473pp and 522pp and tires will be sports soft.

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
Circuito di Rome

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST on Tuesday to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in this thread.

@tezgm99 and @danfurey.
If I could get your car class choices for Thursday by early tomorrow morning (like 6am EST) that would be awesome. Thanks.

@Kgffy
Please let me know which tires you would like to run the 80's cars 370-410pp on. Thanks.
@tezgm99 and @danfurey

@Kgffy
Cs tires

I'm in for tonight if there's room, will put my lineup in the sheet soon.
Go for it fizzer. See you on track tonight.

I'm seriously debating running two Ferrari cars tonight. Seems ridiculous though so it will likely happen.

Hey guys, I really miss racing with you all, but I'm in a new band now and we practice on Tuesday and Thursday nights. If we ever get done early I'll try to pop in. Hope everything is going well!

Latest Posts

Back