◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Well you definitely get a good feel of the pedals that way. It’s way to hard on my arches barefooted or with socks. I like having the ankle and arch support of a shoe. I got to looking at racing shoes and they were expensive. I got to looking at them and thought “you know those look a lot like the wrestling shoes I wore in high school!” You don’t have to worry about your feet getting burned up sim racing so the wrestling shoes work fantastic. It’s basically the same thing just not fire retardant.

And you never have to worry about any girls ever talking to you should they know you wear those shoes. It’s like geeking out over geeking out !!

And you never have to worry about any girls ever talking to you should they know you wear those shoes. It’s like geeking out over geeking out !!
Lol, well once they find out your passion is a video game it’s not going to matter. After my divorce from my first wife I saw many pretty girls walk by the simulator and say “I thought you said you didn’t have kids?”Oh, no that’s mine. I’m a sim racer. Then you get those eyes rolling. Most women I have met don’t understand how a grown man can enjoy playing with toys they say. I been doing this since 1996, I have heard it all and lost a few girlfriends over it. If someone doesn’t like me for me then I don’t need them in my life. Sim racing is a poor mans sport. We all have gasoline running through our veins and this is how we get our fix. I’m sure the shoes are the least of a girls worry’s. Unless she is watching my footwork or something. I don’t think you want to be wearing these things out on the town anyway. They are like walking barefooted.

Just a reminder we will be racing Monday for our test season at Suzuka Circuit. Please bring a few cars tuned so we can get all cars tested before we start our official first season. I will open the room an hour before 9 est. please be there promptly to set quali times also

Just curious, GT1 is definitely going to be on Monday Nights? I've been wanting to keep the pack/boost racing alive and it's always been Mondays but with the casual nature maybe it should become pop up lobbies throughout the week. It still has some interest but not like before.

Just curious, GT1 is definitely going to be on Monday Nights? I've been wanting to keep the pack/boost racing alive and it's always been Mondays but with the casual nature maybe it should become pop up lobbies throughout the week. It still has some interest but not like before.
Yes sir. We got the green light from Zero and the BoD

I think Monday’s will be ideal. They work best for me. Hopefully others will also benifit. I like that it’s not competing with anything. :)

Yes sir. We got the green light from Zero and the BoD
It's a real shame the Pack Racing came to an end. It was some of the best times I had because I was able to duke it out with drivers in higher divisions. I tried to help revive it but I'm not a hype man. It needs proper promotion.

Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday are the only days left with no events. I know Zer0 doesn't like having two events on the same day in two different games because it can split the numbers. This is a valid statement, but as we continue to grow you may not see the same faces all the time but the rooms should be full if not close to it. Right now you are "competing" with Aero and Lobban's PCars2 night so this is good to test how that theory will play out.

Happy racing!

Formal notice: I will be absent tonight, 4 December, 2017.

This week is what is known as “dead week” at Uni so I’ll be devoting all of my time there and will miss out on SNAIL.

Formal notice: I will be absent tonight, 4 December, 2017.

This week is what is known as “dead week” at Uni so I’ll be devoting all of my time there and will miss out on SNAIL.
Maybe I’ll have a chance to win then. Haha.

On the other note thank you for letting us know on the forum. Best of luck at work and see you soon

Unless @lllTrick beats me to it. I will be opening the room in 30 Minutes
I have run into a string of peculiar events tonight which will delay me getting online tonight.

At this point 9:30est is looking like th closest possible chance I will get to join in. Just wanted to leave a heads up

Power is still out on my block, talked again with the guys working on the issue some more. Brought them some coffee, not sure if that will speed up the process.

On my way home from work there was a huge traffic accident that took out the electrical poll at the end of my block. Not sure if those involved are ok or not, did not get to talk to the police. Talking with the electric company guys, it sounds like everyone is ok.

IN MY HUMBLE HONEST OPINION

These are the cars I believe need kiboshed for speed or are to slow
VW Beetle Gr.3
Volkswagen GTI VGT
Lexus RC F GT3 '16

Cars that will be re-evaluated at a later date
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13
Mitsubishi Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
BMW M6
Mercedes-AMG GT GT3 '16
Mazda Atenza Gr.3

Cars that I feel are good to go
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
Dodge Viper GT3-R '15
Ford Mustang Gr.3
BMW Z4
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 '15
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
Subaru WRX STI Gr.3
Jaguar F-Type Gr.3
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13
Peugeot VGT Gr.3
Porsche 911 RSR '17
Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3
McLaren 650S GT3 '15
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Renault R.S.01 GT3 '16
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

Cars that need more testing
Audi R8 LMS '15
Afla Romeo 4C Gr.3
GT by Citroen Race Car Gr.3
Honda NSX Gr.3

Last edited:
I May not be racing tonight fellas. And since that may be the case I want to let all you know that I have been Time trialing a few cars that I have needed to see where they sit in the pecking order. In doing this I have had a few discoveries and want more opinions on the matter.

I need Fast Pro drivers to try the RC F GT3 and the Mazda Atenza.

@lllTrick good news the Ferrari drives way better than it used to. Just turn up the decel sensitivity.

I May not be racing tonight fellas. And since that may be the case I want to let all you know that I have been Time trialing a few cars that I have needed to see where they sit in the pecking order. In doing this I have had a few discoveries and want more opinions on the matter.

I need Fast Pro drivers to try the RC F GT3 and the Mazda Atenza.

@lllTrick good news the Ferrari drives way better than it used to. Just turn up the decel sensitivity.

I would love the Ferrari to perform better. I’ll have to tune it and adjust the decel. Don’t you mean acceleration sensitivity?

Got the R8 balanced and Driveable at speeds with advanced tire wear. It’s not very quick by comparison to other top cars. But now at least it’s stable.

Also not sure of my availability tonight as well. Middle of playoffs with hockey. I’ll try to come afterwards. No promises at this point.

I would love the Ferrari to perform better. I’ll have to tune it and adjust the decel. Don’t you mean acceleration sensitivity?

Got the R8 balanced and Driveable at speeds with advanced tire wear. It’s not very quick by comparison to other top cars. But now at least it’s stable.

Also not sure of my availability tonight as well. Middle of playoffs with hockey. I’ll try to come afterwards. No promises at this point.
Nope I mean Decel. Cranking it up it makes it wear the back doesn’t come around when you get off the brakes going into a tight corner

I been working on the Ferrari. I got it where I wanted it but in the long run it blows the rear tires off. It ends up loose on throttle at the top of the hill. I think I ran a 21.0 but after about 5 laps the LR tire goes. I’m going to slow it down for a race trim and run it tonight.

it is a very interesting read Miata.
I have had some very dissapointing results from my long run testing that I have done the past couple of days.
The new BOP changes seemed to have negated the gas millage advantage accross the spectrum of GT3 cars in both the gas misers and the fuel burners. It seems that GT sport is treating fuel burnt my time the same way GT6 mistreated it.
In my testing:
  1. There is NO advantage in all of my testing accross the field of GT3 cars in fuel saving. My final race finish times vs the amount of laps run were almost identical in nature.
  2. the fuel saved was negated by slow lap times
  3. the saving of number of pit stops was erased by the lengthy pit stop to top off the fuel tank
  4. each cars fuel tanks are not measued in Liters but in percentages but each car seems to have different size fuel tanks
this is the first perliminary testing that I have done. Much, Much more is needed. It may be time to consider running a full lenght test race to see what will come of the cars and final race trim out come at the end of 50 mins.

Was messing around in scapes today and took these pictures, thoughts?

fullsizeoutput_59c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59b.jpeg

it is a very interesting read Miata.
I have had some very dissapointing results from my long run testing that I have done the past couple of days.
The new BOP changes seemed to have negated the gas millage advantage accross the spectrum of GT3 cars in both the gas misers and the fuel burners. It seems that GT sport is treating fuel burnt my time the same way GT6 mistreated it.
In my testing:
  1. There is NO advantage in all of my testing accross the field of GT3 cars in fuel saving. My final race finish times vs the amount of laps run were almost identical in nature.
  2. the fuel saved was negated by slow lap times
  3. the saving of number of pit stops was erased by the lengthy pit stop to top off the fuel tank
  4. each cars fuel tanks are not measued in Liters but in percentages but each car seems to have different size fuel tanks
this is the first perliminary testing that I have done. Much, Much more is needed. It may be time to consider running a full lenght test race to see what will come of the cars and final race trim out come at the end of 50 mins.

This is the beauty of endurance racing. The 2 leagues I race in have different rules when it comes to pit stops during the race. One of them takes the pit advantage out of the equation by putting a mandatory 5 minute pit stop on the car if we refuel. They also take fuel loads into the car out of the equation by putting a time limit one driver can spend in the car at 2 hours. This turns the endurance race into a "driver's race", versus a strategy style endurance race.

The other league I race in is basically won in the pits over 2 days and minimum 14.5, hours of racing. In this league there is no maximum drive time. There is no minimum time a car must stay in the pits if refueling. This turns these endurance races into pit strategy races as long as the drivers stay consistent with their lap times and stay out of trouble. This series also gives us the option to run up to a 24 gallon fuel cell. This can lead into some seriously long stints by a driver. Our car is still running a stock 11.6 gallon fuel tank and even after 2 hours the most amount of gas burned that I have witnessed was a little over 9 gallons that I did for the team back in May in New Jersey on the Thunderbolt layout. This is the fastest race in the Northeast during the season for this league. Which in turn would burn the most amount of gas during a race.

Running both of these leagues has taught a lot about fuel and tire management. It had also taught a lot about strategies and changing them on the fly. The number one thing I can say though is it is all about being consistent or almost robot like. You can't drive with emotion or even deal with it. It is the only way to run as fast and consistent as possible.

The reason why I am bringing this up is my theory on how to test out the fuel saving and tire wear issues in our case to better BOP the cars. The end of the day is that we will never have a perfectly matched BOP. Even all the professional series can get a perfect BOP making it a fair fight. What I do see us doing is getting something very close, but never a perfect BOP.

My thoughts on this is letting the Computer do the driving. I have to check in to see if the auto-drive retains fuel settings on the range 1-6. If it does then we all simply each take a fuel settings and let the computer run the race the whole time in the same car. This takes driver error out of the equation and it will let us see how fuel mileage, a semi consistent lap time effect the outcome.

I’m thinking it’s best effective if you use it like I said last night. In the Ferrari after the rears wore the 100% percent power setting (1) was kind of useless like at the top of the hill. So I used 3 then on the front stretch went back to 1and let the traction control do the work through the slower half of the track. I spent all night adjusting power and brake bias to maximize my lap times. I don’t think I went one lap without adjusting something one way or the other. Every time we went through the slow flat corner I rotated the brakes to the front, then once I started up the hill I rotated them to the rear, all this going on while adjusting power settings and racing my guts out. When I had dirty air I even Rotated the brake more to the rear to get a better entry on the corners at the top. So you’re saving a little fuel and keeping the handling optimal at the same time. I was loose on throttle in the high speed section so I cut the power back to negate that handling issue and saved fuel at the same time. I feel I could have been more efficient at it than I was but hell this is practice. That being said this setting opens a opportunity for “sandbagging”. Some one could watch the board knowing that they could run power setting “2” and still achieve a slightly better lap time in practice and qualifying. Everyone thinks “wow times look really tight tonight”so no one bothers to find more speed in final practice. Then you get in the race and they run 2 till the tire fall off takes effect. Well they bump it on up to 1 and all of a sudden they’re still running the same lap times as they started with while the rest of us have ran 1 all along. So if no one looks at the average it goes without notice. They sail off into the sunset and it’s over. Everyone else is left scratching their head wondering what the hell just happened. So they have the speed and get better fuel mileage at the same time which means less time in the pits to refuel. So when you pit they gap you even further and deliver a crushing blow to their competitors while maintaining full control of the race at all times. These are all old tricks of the trade that Grand Turismo racers just haven’t quite had the pleasure of experiencing yet, now they’ll get a taste.

Last edited:
Hey guys, i will not be able to make it tonight to race night. I say this because school work has backed up a little bit and I need to take this night that I don't work and do homework. @lllTrick if you can host the room, please do so and open the lobby at 8 EST. If you cannot open a room please let me know asap and I will find someone else.

Back