◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Tonight I have some issues.

Just at a holiday party that I have had a few too many drinks at. I also have not had a chance to run this track. I do not feel confident on it either trying to run it at this point. I'll jump on if there is a room, but ill help test anything

I’m not showing either. I have a hardware issue to resolve.

I believe it would be best to postpone for the time being. I don't think I'll be there myself.

Hey guys, i will not be able to make it tonight to race night. I say this because school work has backed up a little bit and I need to take this night that I don't work and do homework. @lllTrick if you can host the room, please do so and open the lobby at 8 EST. If you cannot open a room please let me know asap and I will find someone else.

I can’t make it tonight either guys hockey obligations.

I've got an open room to test the new BoP.
One thing I have noticed is fuel usage has significantly changed
I'm out of state the next few days... Not going to be able to race at all until Wednesday daytime. Have fun racing Monday night.

More things learned so far is that the BMW M6's are OP beyond belief, The VW bug is officially mortal again, and the RC-F GT3 is towards the top of my list in lap times

Both AMG's are OP as well as the Ford. At least from my testing
The newer Mercedes recently got nerfed. The power reduction took about a second of laptime out of it. I like that car a lot, and am hoping it is available to race here. However, if you think it'll pose too much of an unfair advantage then I can respect not allowing it until BoP is adjusted further.

The newer Mercedes recently got nerfed. The power reduction took about a second of laptime out of it. I like that car a lot, and am hoping it is available to race here. However, if you think it'll pose too much of an unfair advantage then I can respect not allowing it until BoP is adjusted further.
Yeah, as it stands its too much for the rest of the cars. But that doesn't mean further testing will mean the Merc is out for good, just for now in my current testing phase

Ok guys, we have a BoP. Courtesy of @Eva and the VRR league we will be using this BoP from now on. Yes it is possible to police the BoP in lobby so don't worry.
Also you may notice the lack of a few cars such as the SLS AMG and most fictional Gr.3 cars, please don't fight with me on that issue as I don't have that control over the BoP.

Without further to do here is the BoP and the official car list of the SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series
VRR BoP.png

I have added a Google Doc for this BoP and will update the numbers as they become available from there. So keep an eye on it

Last edited:
Sad the Mazda did not make it.

With that said, I think I will be going with either the Genesis or B12 Vantage. Going to have to test to decide. Although Iam still toying with the NSX

Sad the Mazda did not make it.

With that said, I think I will be going with either the Genesis or B12 Vantage. Going to have to test to decide. Although Iam still toying with the NSX
No problem, take your time on the car selection miata. I want to try and get a season going towards the beginning of next year so still plenty of time

Ok guys, we have a BoP. Courtesy of @Eva and the VRR league we will be using this BoP from now on. Yes it is possible to police the BoP in lobby so don't worry.
Also you may notice the lack of a few cars such as the SLS AMG and most fictional Gr.3 cars, please don't fight with me on that issue as I don't have that control over the BoP.

Without further to do here is the BoP and the official car list of the SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series
View attachment 702021

I have added a Google Doc for this BoP and will update the numbers as they become available from there. So keep an eye on it
Well you know my choice. I’ll take what I selected the first time.
The Porsche 911 RSR. :) #14

Good to see the car selection and process is coming along

BMW M6 #39

Last edited:
Ok, I'll announce it here. only two cars per class are allowed. So the Porsche in the Pro class is now unavailable.

View attachment 702021

No fight here. As long as this is tested to be sufficient for competition I’m in. This makes a lot more sense than all that buzz that was going on. Now we don’t have to worry about the game changing the BOP all the time. This is what I was trying my best to get through to everyone. This makes sense to me.

Here is the second oldest Fharer back again. I was in Snail for two year. Would love to see if this suits my current speed (or lack thereof :boggled:)
Are notes on front page current?? Thanks to @TEX36 for reminding me of this event. (Actually he didn't but we chatted via text about the holiday event tonight and I remembered that he drove here.)

Last edited:
Here is the second oldest Fharer back again. I was in Snail for two year. Would love to see if this suits my current speed (or lack thereof :boggled:)
Are notes on front page current?? Thanks to @TEX36 for reminding me of this event. (Actually he didn't but we chatted vgia text about the holiday event tonight and I remembered that he drove here.)
Welcome @GTP_Nail to the GT1 championship.

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:
Special note: You will have to run the Time Trial
Step 1:Learn and follow The Good Racecraft Guide and SNAIL OLR.
Step 2: Send a Friend Request to myself at @Jakedog23 on PSN
Step 3: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.
Step 3: Match the specs your car is currently set to (BoP).
Step 4: Tune your car!

Remember this is a TUNING series and have fun!

I’ve been using this lc500 load cell. I added it on to my t3pa pro pedals. I have absolutely struggled. It’s like I have to mash the brake through the floor to stop. I have tried everything. Does anyone know anything about this? I really think this isn’t me. It works fine on Pcars 2 and ac. It is crap in gt sport and I think it’s because you can’t calibrate the pedals.

Last edited:
I’ve been using this lc500 load cell. I added it on to my t3pa pro pedals. I have absolutely struggled. It’s like I have to mash the brake through the floor to stop. I have tried everything. Does anyone know anything about this? I really think this isn’t me. It works fine on Pcars 2 and ac. It is crap in gt sport and I think it’s because you can’t calibrate the pedals.

I unfortunately do not have much help to give. On my fanatec elites I have a turn knob that changes the pressure required of the brake pedal. It is a basic potentiometer that is working with the throw of the pedal. I am not sure if your setup has that or some sort of adjustment.

I would post something up on the Sim Hardware part of the forum asking for help. I bet someone there can help you out ;-)

I unfortunately do not have much help to give. On my fanatec elites I have a turn knob that changes the pressure required of the brake pedal. It is a basic potentiometer that is working with the throw of the pedal. I am not sure if your setup has that or some sort of adjustment.

I would post something up on the Sim Hardware part of the forum asking for help. I bet someone there can help you out ;-)
Great idea, Thank you!

Here is the answer thanks to you. It was just as I expected. It has to do with the way GT Sport calibrates the pedals. Now I know and can chalk this one up to the game. You win some you loose some I guess. I wish I knew about these hardware forums ahead of time. Lol

Attachments

• 40E3B9E5-0F12-4C20-BE1A-83750A04A3E1.png
    40E3B9E5-0F12-4C20-BE1A-83750A04A3E1.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
I am going to be picking the Lexus. It was a hard decision with what is left.

Although it was not the outright fastest I was able to drive, it was one of the more consistent of the bunch. As much as I wanted to use the NSX, I still have to work on driving it and would hate to have a spin, off or something else and ruin someone else's race.

hey are we running a practice room tonight Jake?
and are we picking cars in order? (on page 1)
I am working tonight so it would be an informal practice tonight. And no order for selecting cars. Just pick one.

Back