◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Its public. Have had randoms coming through left and right. Room title is "Snail GT-1 test room". Room ID: 0474-6141-6582-5444

Hello, was late getting online last night so just jumped into the current FIA Series races. @schmedVegas won our heat in the Manufacturers' Cup at Bathurst! Great to see GT-1 alum doing well in those test series. A few people here on my friends list are at the top of the rankings as well.

Hello, was late getting online last night so just jumped into the current FIA Series races. @schmedVegas won our heat in the Manufacturers' Cup at Bathurst! Great to see GT-1 alum doing well in those test series. A few people here on my friends list are at the top of the rankings as well.
Yeah I saw Schmed and Nic-kl Saturday at Suzuka. both did well

had fun last night
I have a couple of thoughts about room set up though.
  • why not use the in-game penalty system
  • how about a certain fuel amount to start the race with
  • as for tire wear and fuel usage you could alter them separately to fit the track
  • any ideas about how to run qualifying, perhaps reset the room for RS tires and run around for 5 mins-then manually set the grid(done by room host)
  • perhaps we should just run a fun race or two for a month and see if the issues get fixed within the game
just kicking in my 2 cents

had fun last night
I have a couple of thoughts about room set up though.
  • why not use the in-game penalty system
  • how about a certain fuel amount to start the race with
  • as for tire wear and fuel usage you could alter them separately to fit the track
  • any ideas about how to run qualifying, perhaps reset the room for RS tires and run around for 5 mins-then manually set the grid(done by room host)
  • perhaps we should just run a fun race or two for a month and see if the issues get fixed within the game
just kicking in my 2 cents
We are currently talking behind the red curtain about how to tackle various problems and see what to do next. We hope to get back to you guys in good time.

Also Scorp i never saw you resign up, would you like me to add you to the roster?

Yeah we thought about it and decide just to keep it here. Also if you could run the TT for me that would be great. The procedure for the TT is in the third post I believe.

Ok guys I would like to get a test season going in the next couple weeks. It being Thanksgiving I work all week and wont make this Monday but next monday is when I can start for sure. I want to trial a few things in the settings for rooms and what not so some procedures may change throughout the season we will run. The track list for the season will be selected as soon as possible and will be announced when it is finalized. Please, re read the top posts and review upon them before we start the season and remember what class you are in so you can adjust your liveries for your class.

The cars will be Gr.3 cars and this season will be free reign on what car you bring in the Gr.3 Class so don't worry about what someone else brings just bring what you want. In fact I will open up the car selection process and let you guys select your cars whenever you want.

I shall start I will take Dodge Viper GT3-R and the number 23, livery pictures to come soon

Ok guys I would like to get a test season going in the next couple weeks. It being Thanksgiving I work all week and wont make this Monday but next monday is when I can start for sure. I want to trial a few things in the settings for rooms and what not so some procedures may change throughout the season we will run. The track list for the season will be selected as soon as possible and will be announced when it is finalized. Please, re read the top posts and review upon them before we start the season and remember what class you are in so you can adjust your liveries for your class.

The cars will be Gr.3 cars and this season will be free reign on what car you bring in the Gr.3 Class so don't worry about what someone else brings just bring what you want. In fact I will open up the car selection process and let you guys select your cars whenever you want.

I shall start I will take Dodge Viper GT3-R and the number 23, livery pictures to come soon

I’ll most likely take the Porsche #14.

I'm between the Porsche, NSX, RCZ and Beetle currently. I know that I would like number 68 though

Considering the Porsche was already called, I probably am not going with that.

I see this is the sim everyone is going to go with. I been testing pretty hard, just checking GTS out. The in game BOP seems off to me. There are still ringers and I can’t get two times close enough to start with. This is GT3 I’m testing by the way. Idk guys. So far outta what I have that Porsche is kicking everything’s ass. I been testing NGP because well a lot of these tracks stink. It’s the Porsche on top for me so far. We need to make sure we get this right before we start running seasons, at least within reason. Idk, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
A lot of updates for sport are needed. The game isn’t ready but in the mean time we are trying to keep things active testing, practicing, keeping things going at least that’s how I’m seeing it.

Gt6 took almost 6-8months before the updates made it playable and more balanced. I’m expecting the same here from sport.

A lot of updates for sport are needed. The game isn’t ready but in the mean time we are trying to keep things active testing, practicing, keeping things going at least that’s how I’m seeing it.

Gt6 took almost 6-8months before the updates made it playable and more balanced. I’m expecting the same here from sport.
I am getting the same feeling. This game just simply isn’t ready for what we are needing yet. One sure fire way to get it right would be to do a cup race. Say Maybe the M6, Porsche or SLS? One make then move on to the next candidate and implement one car at a time. My days of endless BOP matching are over. If someone else wants that job they can see what they can do. I’d really just rather focus on being a driver and having fun. It would have been nice if the game just handled it perfectly but I don’t think that’s the case, not yet anyway.

So what is the direction we need to take Mr. Director (Jake)?? What is the new face of GT1? Will this be the same as days past? If you look back, this league has changed and developed so much since it began. What format, what formula is the future? I’m curious and excited to know. This is a new beginning, the learning curb is in front of us and with a group of eager drivers awaiting the thrill of competition, these decisions must be made so carefully. Oh, my TT placement is uploaded. Don’t know where I fall in line but I put down a 56.676. Felt a little rusty in the SLS. Took two or three laps to get my head out of my ass Lol, put me down for #84!

Last edited:
Will do Chris. And without looking, since I am at work, that should put you in the pro class.

This test season that I want to run is gonna be a just that a season full of dialing in the correct formula and see what needs to change and what we can keep.

Will do Chris. And without looking, since I am at work, that should put you in the pro class.

This test season that I want to run is gonna be a just that a season full of dialing in the correct formula and see what needs to change and what we can keep.
Sounds good, I am up for that. Glad to see I can still even make PRO. After that season in the Alfa 8C, I was starting to wonder. Who came up with that crappie BOP anyway??:rolleyes::lol:

After that season in the Alfa 8C, I was starting to wonder. Who came up with that crappie BOP anyway??:rolleyes::lol:
You did, and it was rather good actually. I had a blast driving these cars and enjoyed the challenge to find grip. 👍 Hoping the racing cars in GT Sport will be as enjoyable once the tuning is figured out.

You did, and it was rather good actually. I had a blast driving these cars and enjoyed the challenge to find grip. 👍 Hoping the racing cars in GT Sport will be as enjoyable once the tuning is figured out.

Well, one thing is for sure. We don’t have near the tools in the bag as we used to. They simplified these adjustments tremendously. Fact is these cars are off a mile. I can’t make any sense of anything. The setups are simple but getting these things to run in a bracket that’s as close as what we had, good luck. Then you have the dilemma of getting pro am competitive with Pro. If we continue to do that, I see it holding us back. Pro- Am may need to run Gr.4., just be a whole different deal all together. Someone has a **** ton of work to do. Hey, you’re Mr. super tuner that found a way to get that low downforce package working. I think you’re just the man for the job!

Hey, you’re Mr. super tuner that found a way to get that low downforce package working. I think you’re just the man for the job!
Hey, I'm super busy with school trying to become Mr. Super Tuner (motorsports engineering degree) in the real world. I don't have time! #EngineeringStudentProblems

Hey, I'm super busy with school trying to become Mr. Super Tuner (motorsports engineering degree) in the real world. I don't have time! #EngineeringStudentProblems
Neither did I, I think you would make a great contribution to the team. You managed to beat up on a pretty good roster of drivers. Maybe you could spend less time making videos and put that towards getting this BOP straight?? It would be a shame to have a man of such talent and promise sit out. You’re the guy just like I was. It’s someone else’s turn to get there fill of it. I understand how life can weigh in on a man though.

Maybe you could spend less time making videos and put that towards getting this BOP straight??
I don't spend any time making videos, they're just uploaded clips of my driving. If I spent that time doing BoP for this you'd have a really rushed, scrappy, and likely inaccurate balance of performance. I'm still hopeful to be a participant in SNAIL but it's simply unrealistic for me to put in the proper time and effort to make a solid set of technical regulations for the cars.

@Chris Kelley I dont have you on my Friends List to see your replay so if you could add me and then choose your car for the test season that would be awesome

@Jakedog23 I'd like to use the Mercedes AMG GT3 for the test season, for the rounds I can make. Will this just be a series of "spot rounds" to test the functionality of the new system or are points being kept, etc? I'd advise not scoring a championship for the test season so we may focus more on ironing things out and not racing for points, I think with how competitive some of us can be, myself included, it can detract from the important goal. Let's focus purely on ironing out the kinks for now and go points racing with a more refined protocol. My opinion of course.

Last edited:
@Jakedog23 I'd like to use the Porsche for the test season, for the rounds I can make. Will this just be a series of "spot rounds" to test the functionality of the new system or are points being kept, etc? I'd advise not scoring a championship for the test season so we may focus more on ironing things out and not racing for points, I think with how competitive some of us can be, myself included, it can detract from the important goal. Let's focus purely on ironing out the kinks for now and go points racing with a more refined protocol. My opinion of course.
Yeah I planned on not keeping score just to work on the kinks, as you said. Do you have a number that you would like?

Yeah I planned on not keeping score just to work on the kinks, as you said. Do you have a number that you would like?
Number 9 please, and I edited my above post to take the Mercedes AMG GT3 instead. I think the Mercedes will challenge me more as it's not one of the clear favorite/fastest cars, and I'm using it in another series. Many thanks. 👍

Test Season Calendar

November 27th, 2017
Dragon Trail - Seaside / 13:00 Cloudy

December 4th, 2017
Suzuka Circuit / 18:15 Clear

December 11th, 2017
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit / 9:30 Cloudy

December 18th, 2017
Autodromo de Interlagos / 13:45 Fine Weather

We are going to run 4 races because the two weeks after the 18th are Christmas and New Years.

The following people will need to get me a car and/or number as soon as possible

@Kgffy
@JCH8r
@Scorpion0001

Last edited:
Back