◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Good choice that's brave to jump on a car not many like.
The only way to get faster is my view, along with having a tuning challenge at hand. I took it for a spin a bit ago and wanted to use it, but the daily races have the car totally nerfed because of the stock crap settings.

@Chris Kelley I dont have you on my Friends List to see your replay so if you could add me and then choose your car for the test season that would be awesome
I don’t even know what cars are taken. Do you have a list? You do know if we all pick different cars and test, we may never come up with a sufficient BOP. You have the driver variables in there. This guy may be good in this or that car, so you cut it back. The next guy gets it and struggles. Then your adding it back, constantly chasing your tail as we done in the past. I strongly suggest picking 4 of the same tracks and do one make races. Log the lap times and implement one car at a time. Adjust these cars by the average amongst us all. I know it’s not glamorous but it is the only way to do this right. The competition will bring out the best in these cars one at a time. Points racing, one make, full tuning at the same 4 tracks while logging data. Until we get a group that it truly competitive. This is racing not a car show. The competition of the racing is the Most important part not all the different cars. We’re literally talking about quality vs quantity here. This way will take a while longer but once it’s set, it’s set and it will be right. In the mean time you’re never sacrificing the quality of the competition and you can be sure it’s the driver/tuner not just some ringer car.

Last edited:
Any Gr.3 Car is open I will be looking at the season as a whole a decide what should be done car wise from there. I would prefer we all pick different cars but it is not required to

Any Gr.3 Car is open I will be looking at the season as a whole a decide what should be done car wise from there. I would prefer we all pick different cars but it is not required to
If that’s how you want to do it. I’ll take the Chevy.

Just didn’t like the looks of that first TT. So I went back and ran it again because I didn’t know how to save my best lap replay. It was way to long. So put me down for a 56.191 instead of a 56.676. I haven’t any idea where I stand. Just not a real big fan of these physics. I can hardly tell what the damn front end is doing. :indiff:

Test Season Poster.png

5774278898715983880_0.jpg

5764708755952370688_0.jpg

Last edited:
Just didn’t like the looks of that first TT. So I went back and ran it again because I didn’t know how to save my best lap replay. It was way to long. So put me down for a 56.191 instead of a 56.676. I haven’t any idea where I stand. Just not a real big fan of these physics. I can hardly tell what the damn front end is doing. :indiff:
It puts you at the top sir and with that laptime it will make one change in the Classes.

@miata13B you will be moving down to the Pro-Am class for the coming season. Please make the needed changes to your livery as well.
Thank you

It puts you at the top sir and with that laptime it will make one change in the Classes.

@miata13B you will be moving down to the Pro-Am class for the coming season. Please make the needed changes to your livery as well.
Thank you

Alright that will be no problem.

PSA to everybody.

Since this is a test season to get bugs worked out and everything nailed down to a T, the season will be run a little different.

two options for race night

1.) We will run 4-5, 10 minute races

2.) We will run 3-4, 15 minute races

this is to try and nail down a good tire/fuel consumption rate for the official season and to figure out whats cars work best together.

Opening official race night room

I've made it friends only to see if it works for everyone. Please speak up if it doesn't work

The schedule will be 3-4 15 minute races

We will start promptly at 9 EST, qualifying will be during free practice time.

Last edited:
American Car: Corvette C7 Gr.3
European Car: Mercedes AMG GT3
Asia/Pacific Car: Lexus RC-F GT3

Cars for next week test round

American Car: Ford Mustang
European Car: McLaren 650S
Asian Car: Hyundai Genesis Gr.3

What does everyone think about just sticking to Group 3 cars for the distant future? I feel we should lock down the Gr.3 cars before we add another class.

Put me in provisionally for the Peugeot RCZ GR.3

Also since someone *cough* already took #14, I'll go #13 (unless I can go #014)

Last edited:
What does everyone think about just sticking to Group 3 cars for the distant future? I feel we should lock down the Gr.3 cars before we add another class.

I think this would be a proper approach. It seems like a huge amount of work and commitment in order to balance our 2 classes of car types.

I had a lot of fun last night. I felt like I had a decent car, raced myself to the podium all three times and had a shot to win one. I was just a little snug on the long run. I feel the direction we are headed is the right way. It seems this league is in good hands and I can relax and just worry about having a good time. I was really impressed with how tight the times were. We could have some of the best racing yet ahead of us. I can’t wait to get this testing out of the way, let the game develop and get back to some points racing.

I had a lot of fun last night. I felt like I had a decent car, raced myself to the podium all three times and had a shot to win one. I was just a little snug on the long run. I feel the direction we are headed is the right way. It seems this league is in good hands and I can relax and just worry about having a good time. I was really impressed with how tight the times were. We could have some of the best racing yet ahead of us. I can’t wait to get this testing out of the way, let the game develop and get back to some points racing.
I want to share one of my sim racing secrets with you guys. Ever get tired of racing in socks but can’t afford expensive racing shoes?? I have the answer, wrestling shoes. This time of year they’re super cheap. I like ASICS the best. Just make sure you get them with the rolled heal. The thin soles give fantastic feel, they have superior heal toe capability and traction on metal pedals. They’re also super lite. Socks slip around and can actually cause your feet to fatigue over a long race.Scored these for like 30 bucks.

Attachments

• AEBAC703-AC60-49DE-8538-4AE4E51DCAB9.jpeg
    AEBAC703-AC60-49DE-8538-4AE4E51DCAB9.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I want to share one of my sim racing secrets with you guys. Ever get tired of racing in socks but can’t afford expensive racing shoes?? I have the answer, wrestling shoes. This time of year they’re super cheap. I like ASICS the best. Just make sure you get them with the rolled heal. The thin soles give fantastic feel, they have superior heal toe capability and traction on metal pedals. They’re also super lite. Socks slip around and can actually cause your feet to fatigue over a long race.Scored these for like 30 bucks.

Funny you brought up racing shoes into this. I had tossed back and forth with using my pair of Sparcos since at my last race I basically torn the insides of the shoes apart during my final stint. Have to order a new pair for next season.

I never liked the feeling of socks or for that matter any shoes while sim-racing. I guess I'm a masochist because I sim-race bare footed.

Funny you brought up racing shoes into this. I had tossed back and forth with using my pair of Sparcos since at my last race I basically torn the insides of the shoes apart during my final stint. Have to order a new pair for next season.

I never liked the feeling of socks or for that matter any shoes while sim-racing. I guess I'm a masochist because I sim-race bare footed.
Well you definitely get a good feel of the pedals that way. It’s way to hard on my arches barefooted or with socks. I like having the ankle and arch support of a shoe. I got to looking at racing shoes and they were expensive. I got to looking at them and thought “you know those look a lot like the wrestling shoes I wore in high school!” You don’t have to worry about your feet getting burned up sim racing so the wrestling shoes work fantastic. It’s basically the same thing just not fire retardant.

Back