◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Yeah i am not a fan either JC. I am either fast enough in my group to get away or i do tactical retreat and drop back to preserve my safety rating and just pick up the easy passes from the victims of the demo derby up front. I dont enjoy gtsport at all in the current beta.

Yeah i am not a fan either JC. I am either fast enough in my group to get away or i do tactical retreat and drop back to preserve my safety rating and just pick up the easy passes from the victims of the demo derby up front. I dont enjoy gtsport at all in the current beta.

That's been my experience too. I'm invariably tailing a slower driver. I finally make a pass, usually when they screw up, and then get creamed at the next corner as my car get's used as a brake assist and tumbled into the weeds. The safety rating system either isn't working or I'm stuck in safety rating hell.

I do want to return to the series, I really do. But issues with hardware and others things on the PS3 just force me to give up on coming back to GT6 and PS3.
Don't forget though I will still be here but just as a guy who stays on GTP. I still hope the best for this league and want it to continue into the PS4 era as i would love to join with you guys again and prove I can still race half way decently:) Good luck to all until supposedly fall 2017.

I understand your situation jake and cant thank you enough for at least sticking around on gtp and helping us with the admin side of things for now. It looks like one way or another september/october might be the end of gt6 and the beginning of the next chapter. We can all discuss which way to go when the time comes.

After turning my car into a flying gas tank with no torque, I was able to execute a one stop race. I thought the strategy was sound and it just about worked out in my favor. However Babi proved that the two stop strategy was faster in overall race pace and easily passed me during his last stint.
As for the BOP I think it worked out in the overall duration of the series. All of the cars had there strengths and weaknesses just as they do in real life racing. We ran into trouble when we did not readjust during the season to compensate for one car domination over the rest of the field. I enjoyed the mis-match of cars and hp's and weights which led to different race strategies throughout the 6 race series. NO other league has this and it makes GT1 unique. I hope we can keep the variety and racing alive no matter where we take the racing series to. :gtpflag:

Does anyone have the scores from the last race? I can put in the scores and get everything finalized if you could do that for me.

After turning my car into a flying gas tank with no torque, I was able to execute a one stop race. I thought the strategy was sound and it just about worked out in my favor. However Babi proved that the two stop strategy was faster in overall race pace and easily passed me during his last stint.
As for the BOP I think it worked out in the overall duration of the series. All of the cars had there strengths and weaknesses just as they do in real life racing. We ran into trouble when we did not readjust during the season to compensate for one car domination over the rest of the field. I enjoyed the mis-match of cars and hp's and weights which led to different race strategies throughout the 6 race series. NO other league has this and it makes GT1 unique. I hope we can keep the variety and racing alive no matter where we take the racing series to. :gtpflag:

You guys have done an amazing job with this series... :cheers:

I have a test room open in club lobby. Feel free to join!

Does anyone have the scores from the last race? I can put in the scores and get everything finalized if you could do that for me.

I'll send it to you jake. I was going to do it for Whitey but forgot about it I'll get it to you later tonight if that works

We are still hammering out the details for next season but in the meantime mission 1 is getting the bop as good as possible. This week I would like to get some practice rooms up to test on track in groups and see how things look. I will open test rooms Tuesday and Thursday night. You can also all decide to practice together on our league night Wednesday but I am taking the opportunity to do some racing in the rain with pits guys in pcars that night.

I would like to get cars picked and tracks for next season figured out at the end of the week and based on how quickly we can sort out the details for next season we will start either next Wednesday or the following Wednesday.

As always shoot me a pm with any questions, suggestions or gripes and don't be afraid to use the thread for group debate. I will ask a few questions on

Tuesday's and Thursday works well for me. Hopefully we can start a bit later so I can join maybe 8-10 mountain time?

Tonight around 9est i will open a room for us to run some practice races and get familiar with the cars. This week will begin the process of picking cars and tracks and get things going for next season.

I'll try to jump on at some point. Been pretty busy with other stuff lately...which will continue through at least the first week of july. If I have time tonight I'll try to join in for a bit, if not, definitely tomorrow night.

Tonight around 9est i will open a room for us to run some practice races and get familiar with the cars. This week will begin the process of picking cars and tracks and get things going for next season.

I'll do my best to show up at some point. 7 can sometimes be hard. We will try though. Very interested in the discussion to determine next seasons layout.

Back