◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
Many thanks for the mention @Whitey093 about the ARS Le Mans race. That is always a tough event for people who are not used to long-distance racing and multiclass overtaking.

I couldn`t agree more with you Bambi , and should I again be in 1 off the slower cars in a endurance race , then iam for sure never trying to let an lmp car by again so fast that it screw`s up my own line through a corner , it wasn`t a big succes when I tryid to let you by as quick as possible as I crashed my car and had surver damage which gave an ekstra pit stop to me and that meant a goodbye to any chance for a top finish , and just so there aint anything to misunderstand - It was totally my own fault offcourse :banghead: good win bambi :cheers:

I will not be able to practice tonight. Been feeling sick and run down and am hitting the hay early. I expect to be there for round 1 at bathurst tomorrow sick or not though. Hope everyone is dialed in and ready to go. I am excited to see how the race plays out and who ends up on top. I really cant even call a favorite at this point, its up for grabs this season.

Before the season gets going i am going to implement one new rule. It has been brought up by a couple people and is standard practice in most series that i have participated in, but i am officially making it practice now in gt1 that your low week gets dropped so only your top 5 weeks count toward your official point tally. As we have discussed, most of us expect to miss a round this season and this will keep us all in the hunt still.

I will not be able to practice tonight. Been feeling sick and run down and am hitting the hay early. I expect to be there for round 1 at bathurst tomorrow sick or not though. Hope everyone is dialed in and ready to go. I am excited to see how the race plays out and who ends up on top. I really cant even call a favorite at this point, its up for grabs this season.

Before the season gets going i am going to implement one new rule. It has been brought up by a couple people and is standard practice in most series that i have participated in, but i am officially making it practice now in gt1 that your low week gets dropped so only your top 5 weeks count toward your official point tally. As we have discussed, most of us expect to miss a round this season and this will keep us all in the hunt still.
I really like that rule, great idea. I do think if it would come down to a tie it should go to the guy who showed up for them all. Or possibly the most poles.

+1 for the rule, as I was going to suggest it anyway.

Car came off the trailer last night in rough shape. I was running 2:09s on RMs. I managed to get it down to low 2:06 but Bambi set a fast lap of 2:03 that I don't know how to pull off. I learned a few things about the track and the car dropping 3 seconds off my time but not enough to be able to hang with the fast guys on this one. I think my only goal tonight is to keep the car pointed in the right direction for 50 minutes.

How were tie-breakers determined in previous seasons? I do not think awarding the tie to the individual who showed up to every round is the right way to go about it, as it still punishes drivers for taking care of real-life duties. I believe using the average start position would be better, and if those are tied then go to poles. It puts a greater emphasis on the importance of qualifying, but you have to be consistent through all rounds instead of grabbing 3-4 poles and botching all of the other rounds.

Anxious for the race tonight!

Last edited:
How were tie-breakers determined in previous seasons? I do not think awarding the tie to the individual who showed up to every round is the right way to go about it, as it still punishes drivers for taking care of real-life duties. I believe using the average start position would be better, and if those are tied then go to poles. It puts a greater emphasis on the importance of qualifying but if you have to be consistent through all rounds instead of grabbing 3-4 poles and botching all of the other rounds.

Anxious for the race tonight!
I agree as I probably won't make the full schedule as well. Maybe wins should be the tie breaker if that issue arises. I am really excited about tonight as well. I just hope I did my job and got this thing as tight as possible.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I planned to make last Wednesdays race. As I notified @lllTrick that I would be there on (last) Wednesday. Unfortunately Wednesday morning I recieved a business call, and he wanted to have a business meeting last night. So I had to take the business meeting as I did. (Which went fantastic! Super excited :) )

But I want to apologize for not saying anything regarding me not showing up yesterday. Earliest I could check my phone was late Wednesday night after the meeting finished.

I don't want to get to personal with posting my career opportunity here, but I will try my very best to make every Wednesday race but I can't promise anything.

Thank You @Whitey093 For running this series along with @Chris Kelley BOP work.

Thank You All

Ph1sh

I can't believe I ran out of gas...again. I don't get it. I ran a mock race with the exact pit strategy, the only difference being I had time change set a little faster and ran some night laps. In my test race I filled 55 gallons twice for a total of 110. I finished that race with 25+ gallons remaining. So for race day I backed down to 40 on the first stop and 50 on the second stop for a total of 90 gallons. I should have finished with 5 to go. I guess I burned more fuel running faster day light laps....or I burned more fuel having a lower tank. I don't know. I had a decent race otherwise with two major spin outs and a few other minor ones. Mid-way through the second stint I really found a rhythm and was clocking off 2:06 lap times with worn tires. I eventually got into the 2:05s with a lower tank but came up way short on fuel....WAY short. I ran out at the top of the hill and coasted across the line a lap down after losing all the positions that were left to lose. Last place again for me.

I can't believe I ran out of gas...again. I don't get it. I ran a mock race with the exact pit strategy, the only difference being I had time change set a little faster and ran some night laps. In my test race I filled 55 gallons twice for a total of 110. I finished that race with 25+ gallons remaining. So for race day I backed down to 40 on the first stop and 50 on the second stop for a total of 90 gallons. I should have finished with 5 to go. I guess I burned more fuel running faster day light laps....or I burned more fuel having a lower tank. I don't know. I had a decent race otherwise with two major spin outs and a few other minor ones. Mid-way through the second stint I really found a rhythm and was clocking off 2:06 lap times with worn tires. I eventually got into the 2:05s with a lower tank but came up way short on fuel....WAY short. I ran out at the top of the hill and coasted across the line a lap down after losing all the positions that were left to lose. Last place again for me.
Yeah, most of the time it doesn't pay to be aggressive with fuel strategy, the undercut usually works best for picking up a spot.

Great job. I did all I could, came up short. I changed strategy after I saw you had me out classed on speed. I'm lucky it didn't cost me more spots. I'm am disappointed in my performance to say the least. I'm going to give it one more shot next week. If I can't beat ya I'll probably withdrawal. Maybe I have had my time and it's time to pass the torch on to the kid.;)

If you can't win you're going to give up? C'mon man. Each week is a different track, a different strategy, and different strengths and weaknesses will be revealed.

Great job. I did all I could, came up short. I changed strategy after I saw you had me out classed on speed. I'm lucky it didn't cost me more spots. I'm am disappointed in my performance to say the least. I'm going to give it one more shot next week. If I can't beat ya I'll probably withdrawal. Maybe I have had my time and it's time to pass the torch on to the kid.;)

I agree with chuyler you can't quit man. It's all about competing and having a good time while doing it. I had a horrible race. Crashed three times produced a sub par qualifier despite be able to run much faster. I was choked on how I performed but next week is another chance to shine to redeem ones self. Quitting should never be the option. We have 5 races left!

I agree with chuyler you can't quit man. It's all about competing and having a good time while doing it. I had a horrible race. Crashed three times produced a sub par qualifier despite be able to run much faster. I was choked on how I performed but next week is another chance to shine to redeem ones self. Quitting should never be the option. We have 5 races left!
It has nothing to do with pouting. It's a logical decision for me. Racing isn't fun for me anymore. I do this to win. I have been away a long time and feel like I can't achieve the high caliber I once had (like Bambi). I don't really have the drive anymore to practice all the time and work on the tuning endlessly. To get my ass spanked by 50+ sec. it's obvious I'm not going to be able to push myself to that level. I come back to get one more title before gt6 is obsolete and help with the BOP. Like I said one more race to see if I can cut it. I'm not going to be some mid pack has been.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with pouting. It's a logical decision for me. Racing isn't fun for me anymore. I do this to win. I have been away a long time and feel like I can't achieve the high caliber I once had (like Bambi). I don't really have to drive anymore to practice all the time and work on the tuning endlessly. To get my ass spanked by 50+ sec. it's obvious I'm not going to be able to push myself to that level. I come back to get one more title before gt6 is obsolete and help with the BOP. Like I said one more race to see if I can cut it. I'm not going to be some mid pack has been.
I think that is only in your own head. You are a fast driver and are capable of doing good things. It wasn't fun for me to look like an idiot sliding all over the place losing by 30sec every race last season, and I'm here to win just like you. You would have finished closer to me if you kept the optimal strategy for two pit stops, the extra ~50L you took on that one stop alone was about 85% of the time it takes to make a whole other stop anyways, add that on to the tire falloff and it's simply not efficient. I estimate that if you 2-stopped you would have finished between 10 and 20 seconds back.

I'm not the greatest driver ever, either. I know people who can lap 1.5sec faster than me for breakfast on a Monday morning. Point is there is a place for you in GT1 whether you see it or not. I wouldn't have gotten as fast as I am now if I haven't stuck around those guys who are even faster than I am and took those 'L's and learned from them. To me, in my opinion, quitting a championship because you don't think you can improve and run at the front (you finished 2nd btw) is not classy and an unsportsmanlike way to handle losing. I'd like to see you stick around as you're the reason I pushed myself to that level to begin with, it's fun with competition. I hate to think I forced someone into quitting, it's not a good feeling.

I think that is only in your own head. You are a fast driver and are capable of doing good things. It wasn't fun for me to look like an idiot sliding all over the place losing by 30sec every race last season, and I'm here to win just like you. You would have finished closer to me if you kept the optimal strategy for two pit stops, the extra ~50L you took on that one stop alone was about 85% of the time it takes to make a whole other stop anyways, add that on to the tire falloff and it's simply not efficient. I estimate that if you 2-stopped you would have finished between 10 and 20 seconds back.

I'm not the greatest driver ever, either. I know people who can lap 1.5sec faster than me for breakfast on a Monday morning. Point is there is a place for you in GT1 whether you see it or not. I wouldn't have gotten as fast as I am now if I haven't stuck around those guys who are even faster than I am and took those 'L's and learned from them. To me, in my opinion, quitting a championship because you don't think you can improve and run at the front (you finished 2nd btw) is not classy and an unsportsmanlike way to handle losing. I'd like to see you stick around as you're the reason I pushed myself to that level to begin with, it's fun with competition. I hate to think I forced someone into quitting, it's not a good feeling.
You sound a lot like me at 20 yrs old. You're not forcing me to quit. You don't understand what I'm saying here. One day you will be 33 and the stress and strain of this will make it not so fun for you. There will be some kid who has the fire to put in the time you once did to be the best. You will try and match it and guess what. You aren't going to feel like it. I knew my strategy was insufficient. I calculated it all up before hand. I did it to experiment because I knew I was beat. I was laying down 2:03.300 in practice and cut the car back to 2:03.700 to keep it stable. Come race day all I could muster was a 2:04.800. Why? Because I didn't feel like practicing. It has nothing to do with anyone else but myself. I won 6 Championships and won 13 races in a row doing this. I beat some of the best. To not perform at a top level is an embarrassment to me. 8/16/25 55/50 was the most sufficient strategy. I dropped the ball on speed point blank.

I was laying down 2:03.300 in practice
That's faster than anything I could do in practice, stable or not. I could only do a 2'03.5 up until about 3 hours before the race.
I didn't feel like practicing.
To not perform at a top level is an embarrassment to me.
Then practice! If you don't put forth en effort then of course you're going to have sub-par results. I don't know what else you'd expect.

With practice times like that of course you can be competitive. I think you've let one bad race get to your head too much... you clearly have the speed to compete with me. Just let Bathurst rest and focus on getting everything you need ready for the next one.

Sorry i missed the mountain but i got to stay an extra 2days at the lake, so totally worth it...
Most likely not going to make next week either, sorry but it's beer. And camping season up here.

That's faster than anything I could do in practice, stable or not. I could only do a 2'03.5 up until about 3 hours before the race.

Then practice! If you don't put forth en effort then of course you're going to have sub-par results. I don't know what else you'd expect.

With practice times like that of course you can be competitive. I think you've let one bad race get to your head too much... you clearly have the speed to compete with me. Just let Bathurst rest and focus on getting everything you need ready for the next one.
I said I would give it one more shot. Bathurst was actually strike 3. I blew 2 races last season as well. I have had time to get back in shape. #1Suzuka stupid mistake of not charging my head set. #2 Indy blew a 13 second lead by running out of fuel. Bathurst isn't in my head. I was undefeated there up till last night. Being a washed up has been that's just in the damn way is. I don't have time to practice and I'm tired. I work and I'm getting older man. I don't feel like it. Lol

Then it's time to join the arrive-and-drive group at the back of the pack. I get a few hours practice and I just wing it. A lot less stress...but the more fun when the track is full.

This is a video game. Being the best at this game doesn't mean anything. The only thing you take away from this game when it's all over is the good times and some of the people you met.

Your putting way to much into this. Your pride has you thinking you need to stop before someone says omg "what happened to war machine!??" It's silly man.
Everyone gets tired and eventually loses the hunger to be the best. Just because your not winning doesn't mean your no longer good! In the end nobody will care who was fast or who was slow. And believe it or not you'll one day move one as well. And the last thing you'll ever dwell on is the races you lost or won on a video game.
See how good you can be with little to no practice. No body here is thinking your washed up. That's just ridiculous. Your mind is playing games with you.

This is a video game. Being the best at this game doesn't mean anything. The only thing you take away from this game when it's all over is the good times and some of the people you met.

Your putting way to much into this. Your pride has you thinking you need to stop before someone says omg "what happened to war machine!??" It's silly man.
Everyone gets tired and eventually loses the hunger to be the best. Just because your not winning doesn't mean your no longer good! In the end nobody will care who was fast or who was slow. And believe it or not you'll one day move one as well. And the last thing you'll ever dwell on is the races you lost or won on a video game.
See how good you can be with little to no practice. No body here is thinking your washed up. That's just ridiculous. Your mind is playing games with you.
Lol, it has nothing to do with what anyone thinks of me. If I cared about that,I wouldn't post it for all to see. It's only a calculated decision for me. I was on the fence about even coming back. I decided to give it a shot to get a 7th title. I don't foresee that happening. I'm washed up. I'm just comfortable with admitting it instead of giving everyone some lame excuse why I can't race.

Lol, it has nothing to do with what anyone thinks of me. If I cared about that,I wouldn't post it for all to see. It's only a calculated decision for me. I was on the fence about even coming back. I decided to give it a shot to get a 7th title. I don't foresee that happening. I'm washed up. I'm just comfortable with admitting it instead of giving everyone some lame excuse why I can't race.

?!? Non of what your saying makes any sense. I don't think anyone agrees with your POV. And we're all a little shocked that this is how your choosing to deal with things when you can't see a guarentee win. I agree with Bambi, it's poor sportsmanship through and through. You can reword it all day long but that's what it is.

Just because you can't win. Or win easily isn't a good reason to give up and quit I don't care what your reasoning is. From coming on to challenge for the title to now calling yourself a hasbeen? It's absurd. You should stay and finish the season like everyone else would regardless of how they do. Nothing more nothing less. It's what is expected from anyone who decides to race I think.

I wonder how many titles you would have won if everyone thought like you do? You would have had no body to race if that was the case! Not cool Chris

?!? Non of what your saying makes any sense. I don't think anyone agrees with your POV. And we're all a little shocked that this is how your choosing to deal with things when you can't see a guarentee win. I agree with Bambi, it's poor sportsmanship through and through. You can reword it all day long but that's what it is.

Just because you can't win. Or win easily isn't a good reason to give up and quit I don't care what your reasoning is. From coming on to challenge for the title to now calling yourself a hasbeen? It's absurd. You should stay and finish the season like everyone else would regardless of how they do. Nothing more nothing less. It's what is expected from anyone who decides to race I think.

I wonder how many titles you would have won if everyone thought like you do? You would have had no body to race if that was the case! Not cool Chris
Loosing isn't the problem. You act like I have never lost a race or Championship. I have been leading the points and taken breaks before. You're making this out to be more that what it is. I'll stay till the end of the season if it's "not cool". I'll evaluate my performance then and see how I feel. I'm just to a point in life where I enjoy fishing and relaxing with my family. Not really into video games anymore. If I recall it was you I spoke with before the race and I told you I was burnt out on this stuff. What does that have to do with being a sore looser?

Last edited:
Loosing isn't the problem. You act like I have never lost a race or Championship. I have been leading the points and taken breaks before. You're making this out to be more that what it is. I'll stay till the end of the season if it's "not cool". I'll evaluate my performance then and see how I feel. I'm just to a point in life where I enjoy fishing and relaxing with my family. Not really into video games anymore. If I recall it was you I spoke with before the race and I told you I was burnt out on this stuff. What does that have to do with being a sore looser?

I guess what it comes down to Chris is that you joined season 22 and spent a lot of time with the BOP And so on and so forth. With your "sign up" to the season it would be implicit to expect you to commit to the entire championship. With exception obliviously to real life commitments like work or what have you. This doesn't mean that you are expected to put in long hours practicing. It's more about showing up and racing with others who have also committed to the season so that we can fulfill the championship in full.
It's a respect that we all give one another indirectly. If at the end of the season you are feeling the way you have mentioned previously. Then by all means don't continue. I don't think at that point anyone would judge you for that or hold you in contempt in any aspect. But to quit something mid session. Well, I don't think it's ever looked at with any level of integrity or respect.

Had you said what you initially said and last Wednesday was race 6 I would have understood your POV.

Let's finish what we all started. It's the right way to do it. We are all feeling the call of newer better things. PS4, other life interests. It's just never good imo to quit anything when you have shown an interest and commitment to it.

(There are obvious exceptions to this ideal but for the most part and in our current situation with season 22. I don't think they would apply. And I'm trying to keep this as short as possible.).

I guess what it comes down to Chris is that you joined season 22 and spent a lot of time with the BOP And so on and so forth. With your "sign up" to the season it would be implicit to expect you to commit to the entire championship. With exception obliviously to real life commitments like work or what have you. This doesn't mean that you are expected to put in long hours practicing. It's more about showing up and racing with others who have also committed to the season so that we can fulfill the championship in full.
It's a respect that we all give one another indirectly. If at the end of the season you are feeling the way you have mentioned previously. Then by all means don't continue. I don't think at that point anyone would judge you for that or hold you in contempt in any aspect. But to quit something mid session. Well, I don't think it's ever looked at with any level of integrity or respect.

Had you said what you initially said and last Wednesday was race 6 I would have understood your POV.

Let's finish what we all started. It's the right way to do it. We are all feeling the call of newer better things. PS4, other life interests. It's just never good imo to quit anything when you have shown an interest and commitment to it.

(There are obvious exceptions to this ideal but for the most part and in our current situation with season 22. I don't think they would apply. And I'm trying to keep this as short as possible.).
I never really looked at it that way. I kinda figured guys would be glad to have me gone. I always heard people say they couldn't wait for the day I walked away or for some kid to come along and whoop my ass. Now it's happening and they want me to stay. Confusing?!? Lol

I never really looked at it that way. I kinda figured guys would be glad to have me gone. I always heard people say they couldn't wait for the day I walked away or for some kid to come along and whoop my ass. Now it's happening and they want me to stay. Confusing?!? Lol

I want to race with others that are competitive and those that want to try to get better or race at a high level. There is no other way to improve. There is no other version of racing that will achieve the uphoria that we all strive to experience. To battle with one another at the pinnacle of performance and control. You only get this when you race with really good, fast racers. You leaving short of the end of season would be extremely disappointing for all involved.
What will make season 22 stand out for me is that there are quite a few guys that have a legitimate shot at winning the season. It's totally up in the air. No one is guarenteed the title. It will come down to skill, drive and a little bit of luck. Practice could play a roll obviously. But even if we don't find the time to invest it all to win. You know it'll still be a true battle through and through. THAT is everything. Racing for me is pointless any other way.

Your good Chris! We want to race with skilled, fast racers. I know for certain almost everyone agrees with me that is in GT1 currently( if scorpion agrees with this sentiment then it's unanimous).

If Anyone with the skill to race fast and competitively was to leave it would be a huge disappointment to all involved. I welcome the challenge there is no other way to play this game. Race to improve , race to go fast race FTW. it's the whole point!!

FTR: and to be uber clear. we would be very sad and upset to see you go! Let's battle to the end.

I would be sad to see you go @Chris Kelley . Most other places i used to race i was among the fast guys, here i am THE slow guy. I prefer it. I am being pushed to be better and find every little bit i can to improve. I actually like having less people who are all at the top of their game than full rooms where half the drivers are hopeless. Our races have meaning. Every position is earned. Even with just 5 guys a podium here means more than winning in most places because you beat some of the best and not a bunch nobodies.

I should be able to commit more time to practice and hopefully have better results going forward. It is my hope that you stick around this season and beyond but if you decide against it thats ok. You are and will always be welcome here.

Hell, you are our official director of bop. I even added you on the official directory. This is just as much your league as it is ours. Time to implement all the ideas that were stifled previously and help shape the series into something even better.

I would be sad to see you go @Chris Kelley . Most other places i used to race i was among the fast guys, here i am THE slow guy. I prefer it. I am being pushed to be better and find every little bit i can to improve. I actually like having less people who are all at the top of their game than full rooms where half the drivers are hopeless. Our races have meaning. Every position is earned. Even with just 5 guys a podium here means more than winning in most places because you beat some of the best and not a bunch nobodies.

I should be able to commit more time to practice and hopefully have better results going forward. It is my hope that you stick around this season and beyond but if you decide against it thats ok. You are and will always be welcome here.

Hell, you are our official director of bop. I even added you on the official directory. This is just as much your league as it is ours. Time to implement all the ideas that were stifled previously and help shape the series into something even better.
Well, I'm not struggling with the fact that we are getting our asses kicked by this kid. If I had never left and was on top of my game. I would have just accepted that. I have came back and I'm not sure if he is just that much better than I ever was or if I'm all washed up. I feel like I'm doing everything I used to do but I'm disappointed with my results. Then to practice so well. We practiced in sunshine. The race was overcast and I couldn't adjust. I don't know if I'm expecting to much to soon or what. I feel like I'm dropping the ball for our team and myself man. I'm frustrated and disappointed in my performance. I'll stay but we gotta get our **** together. I mean if I went out and ran a 2:03.700 like you saw in practice I would be cool with it. But I'm doing stupid stuff. Its frustrating and has me thinking I have lost it. I'm already putting in all the time I can.

Last edited:
Back