◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments

October can't come soon enough. I would spend to many hours on this to create a good livery for GT1

That's ridiculous!! It could be a game in itself for me! Just customizing the car would be hours and hours of fun. I can't wait.

Looking forward to Wednesday night. Apricot Hill is probably my least-known track on the schedule so I am trying my best to figure it out in these relatively low-grip GT1s. I forgot how beautiful this track is in GT6! I hope to see the full grid on Wednesday. Should be fun!

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

I want to apologize for my conduct at Daytona. It was wrong and I was completely aware of what I was doing. It was a desperate attempt to salvage a win that I covet so much. I have been disciplined accordingly by the GT1 staff as I was disqualified from the race. I want to reassure all fellow competitors that it will not happen again. Somehow in my attempt to go out on top I have managed to shame myself and stained my reputation as a racer. Racing isn't about the glory for it's always short lived. It's more about how you deal with failure. This is the wrong way to deal with failure.

Last edited:
Just a quick heads up everyone. Tomorrow's race will be starting a bit later then usual. I'm running late getting home so I need an extra 15-20 min. So instead of the usual 9:30pm est start time it will be 9:45-9:50 est start time. I will still be hosting the race and you can expect the room to be open about an hour before hand. I'll have everything set up so when I return we can fire it up.

I want to apologize for my conduct at Daytona. It was wrong and I was completely aware of what I was doing. It was a desperate attempt to salvage a win that I covet so much. I have been disciplined accordingly by the GT1 staff as I was disqualified from the race. I want to reassure all fellow competitors that it will not happen again. Somehow in my attempt to go out on top I have managed to shame myself and stained my reputation as a racer. Racing isn't about the glory for it's always short lived. It's more about how you deal with failure. This is the wrong way to deal with failure.

Wow, sounds like you guys had some drama. I just haven't had time to put in practice laps the past few weeks and it's pretty clear I'm out gunned up against you guys. It's not the car, it's just me and my refusal to drive the way the game wants me to.

I've had two projects going on away from the gaming console. One is my Mazda REPU pickup truck which has been sitting for the last year and a half while I waited for custom parts. I was able to drive it for the first time last week but still need to make a few changes to get a better vacuum signal to the ECU.

The other is my old RX7 I've been taking to track days. I had fun chasing down some cars with more than double the horsepower the other night. I'm still on street tires though and I'd like to get a set of dedicated track rubber...but if I do that I'll probably have to stiffen up the suspension even more. Anyway, real life track time trumps virtual track time...you know how it goes. When you guys make the move to another platform I think I'll join back in.

My internet started giving me a bit of trouble about an hour ago, trouble that is quite concerning. I can not stay connected to a lobby (a lobby by myself at that) and my speeds are absolutely horrible. I'm not able to call my ISP right now thanks to the time so I can only hope this is sorted out before the race tonight or I am royally screwed. Already had to use my drop round so anything now is going to render my championship campaign a total waste. Really frustrating to spend all last season in a lemon, finish 2nd in points, and be so close here to have it go up in smoke like this, if it doesn't sort itself out by race time. *sigh*

My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-08-09 18-16-20.png

Today I was practicing and it hit me. I realized why I have done this so long and put so much into it. I thought about this all being over and realized that's not what I want. This season hasn't went my way because my pride got in the way and I honestly thought I could come back and just pick up where I left off. I had a tight testing schedule and I believe I dropped the ball a bit because it has honestly taken me half the season to just get my tuning skills up to par. I think we should have done a one make season. The 8C has been a pain in the ass it just doesn't fit in the puzzle. I thought I could tame it and it is a lot better. Truth is some respect is due because there are some top notch drivers that are flat out putting it to me. So I gotta say great job and this seasons champ is going to flat out earn it. Im not done sim racing and I have a plan in place for our future that I want you guys to look at. I knew the car list would be limited in GTS so I came up with a series of my own with help from others. I think we can combine GT1 with my Triple Crown idea. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/11433433/ This is the link. So take a look and see what you think. We can start slow and build it car by car. Start it up one make if we have too and make sure the cars work together before installing any new car. I honestly want to do one more season on GT6 and there is time to fit it in. I don't wanna test for days trying to make cars match up. One make, full tuning with some of the best damn drivers I have saw in a long time. Let's do a GT1 All Star! One last season for all the marbles! One make, no excuses! This one can just be all about us drivers.

So today is the final race of SNAIL GT1 for season 22, and might likely be the last GT1 race on the GT6 platform. With the drop rounds not being factored in yet, or the results from last week for that matter, I have done some quick calculations to see how the points are looking going into tonight before and after the drops.

1. lllTrick -- 66 points
  2. GTP_Bambi -- 66 points (-0)
  3. xWARMACHINE84x -- 50 points (-16)
  4. GTP_Ph7shr -- 49 points (-17)
  5. Whitey093 -- 40 points (-26)
  6. ScorpionPHVH57 -- 24 points (-42)
  7. chuyler1 -- 16 points (-50)
  8. MrRacingline -- 6 points (-60)
  1. GTP_Bambi -- 66 points (-0)
  2. lllTrick -- 54 points (-12)
  3. GTP_Ph7shr -- 49 points (-17)
  4. Whitey093 -- 40 points (-26)
  5. xWARMACHINE84x -- 40 points (-26)
  6. ScorpionPHVH57 -- 24 points (-42)
  7. chuyer1 -- 16 points (-50)
  8. MrRacingline -- 6 points (-60)
GTP_Bambi - Round 2 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
lllTrick - Round 1 - Dropped 12 points for 3rd
GTP_Ph7shr - Round 1 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
Whitey093 - Round 5 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
xWARMACHINE84x - Round 5 - Dropped 10 points for 4th
ScorpionPHVH57 - Round 1 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
chuyler1 - Round 3 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
MrRacingline - Round 1 - Dropped 0 points for DNS
* - Dropped races are subject to change after tonight's race. Penalties and DSQs not counted as drops.

Thanks bambi! Havent been able to get to that. I will confirm that tonight will be my last gt1 race at least. If someone else wants to grab the torch they can, otherwise, this is it. Lets close strong and have a good, competitive race tonight.

If no one does then we shall call this he end of PS3 GT1. I plan on being back in action when Sport comes out and hopefully some of you will come to and we can continue GT1 there

I absolutely will. I am phasing out gt6 and finishing up my season commitments so i can retire my ps3 finally. I hope to see everyone on gtsport this fall in gt1, ars, the triple crown or wherever we may end up.

I needed my fix, and since the copy of GT Sport my wife bought me for Christmas 2016 still hasn't arrived, I installed iRacing. All I can say is "WOW", this is the game I've been looking for. I don't know why I wasted so much time with Gran Turismo (aside from it being a cheap one-time purchase). I've spent the last 3 evenings running spec miata races at Okayama. There are still some rough drivers that don't know when to lift off and fall in line, but after the first lap, if you survive, the racing is really exciting. It plays out well with my smooth driving style. I've seen some drivers post fast lap times hard braking into every corner but during the race they tend to make mistakes. I've caught people late in the race who wore out their tires. I've also made a few mistakes myself and had to go into the pits for repairs. Some people just dump out of the race when that happens, but I've been in last place and picked up 3 positions as other drivers wreck too. Races start on the hour and have had at least 10 drivers on the starting grid. By the end at least 7 or 8 are still running and it's rare to be on the track alone. There's always someone a second or two ahead of you and a second or two behind. Eventually I'll start driving some of the faster cars, but the spec miata is a great way to get a feel for the game. When I can qualify at the front I'll move up to something else.

Pcars2:tdown:Theres strike 2! All hope is on Gt sport now. Boy if Asseto Corsa could get their multiplayer worked out. It's flat out superior in all aspects that matter. All Pcars did was add more and more flash. It's really more than the game handle. They should have went the same route as AC. Less content but well polished. How is it that one little company in Italy got it right? These turd heads at WMD are just putting out eye candy to take people's money. AC isn't perfect but they keep working at it and it's changes that work. AC :cheers:

Last edited:
Sure, just assume the worst when the game isn't even out more than 3 days...

Give it time, the first one wasn't perfect right out of the box either. Stop being so insulting, they put a lot of time and effort into it. They're not "turd heads".

Wake me up when AC doesn't have clutch downshifting issues and even half the tracks PCars2 has. What's the point in all these cars if you can only drive them on the same few tracks and they're not even that fun anyway?

Sure, just assume the worst when the game isn't even out more than 3 days...

Give it time, the first one wasn't perfect right out of the box either. Stop being so insulting, they put a lot of time and effort into it. They're not "turd heads".

Wake me up when AC doesn't have clutch downshifting issues and even half the tracks PCars2 has. What's the point in all these cars if you can only drive them on the same few tracks and they're not even that fun anyway?
I don't know about that. I heel toe shift and never have a problem. The first Pcars was bad out or the box and till the day it became obsolete. Don't get me wrong. I love the ideas they have but they are trying to do way to much and not just fixing what was wrong with the first one. If they would have cut out a lot their car list and tracks and worked on polishing say just GT3 AI and got say 15 tracks right. Then added in the rest slowly over time on the same title. Instead it's the same bragging about the most of this and that and all this stuff their doing that no one else can. Well now we all see why no one else is doing it. It's to much, to soon. I would rather have a Chevy that ran every day than a Ferrari that leaves me stranded everywhere I go. When someone takes on more before they even have what's in front of them fixed. That's a false promise to loyal sim racers. They added more for eye candy to sell more copies and did fix what was wrong with the sim. The FFB is way improved thought,I really like the track 3.0 and it seems the physics are improved. But the AI stinks and I mean stinks! I am no fan boy and hoped they would knock it outta the park with this one but sorry to say I'm yet again disappointed.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just checking in, to see what the plans are for PS4. Looks like we're pinning our hopes on GTSport. I'll keep checking. Jake or somebody, please keep us posted as I'm sure a lot of guys who've raced in this series will be looking to get back into it when it gets reorganized on a new platform.

Hey guys, just checking in, to see what the plans are for PS4. Looks like we're pinning our hopes on GTSport. I'll keep checking. Jake or somebody, please keep us posted as I'm sure a lot of guys who've raced in this series will be looking to get back into it when it gets reorganized on a new platform.
Yes there are plans in place to continue this league. As soon as we official confirmation from the higher ups we will let everyone know what the plans are.

With GT Sport going live and the transition of SNAIL online racing to that platform, it was brought up in the main SNAIL hub that we should all use this time as an opportunity to enter a new era with a clear head and a "fresh start" of sorts for any grievances one may have within the league. That said, I just want to let you all know that everything that was wrong done unto me is forgiven, and I hope that all I may have done wrong unto anyone else or the series is also forgiven. I'm sure a lot of you know that I am competitive in nature and it can get the best of me sometimes, coming off like a jerk, etc. I assure you nothing critical I said here was personal, it was only because I cared.

May we all enjoy this new era! :gtpflag:

Hmmm, I’m on the fence. Played GT sport for the first time tonight. With the last update to P cars it’s pretty damn good. Gt seemed like the same old simcade feel. A lot of grip and you can really lean on the car. The adjustments seem almost caveman like in comparison with Pcars. Gt seems to be geared for league racing tho. So do we as a league take a step forward and take on the learning curb of Pcars? How can we call ourselves tuners when this game is holding us back? Gt is really well polished tho. I guess I thought Gt would have taken more of a leap into the sim side of things. But in league racing simple is good. I’m surprised Pcars is actually neck and neck with Gt and in its own way superior, in some inferior. I think this could definitely bust up the sim racing community. I can honestly see a lot of guys going to Pcars. I honestly feel I need time and input from others to make up my mind.:confused:

Hmmm, I’m on the fence. Played GT sport for the first time tonight. With the last update to P cars it’s pretty damn good. Gt seemed like the same old simcade feel. A lot of grip and you can really lean on the car. The adjustments seem almost caveman like in comparison with Pcars. Gt seems to be geared for league racing tho. So do we as a league take a step forward and take on the learning curb of Pcars? How can we call ourselves tuners when this game is holding us back? Gt is really well polished tho. I guess I thought Gt would have taken more of a leap into the sim side of things. But in league racing simple is good. I’m surprised Pcars is actually neck and neck with Gt and in its own way superior, in some inferior. I think this could definitely bust up the sim racing community. I can honestly see a lot of guys going to Pcars. I honestly feel I need time and input from others to make up my mind.:confused:
I've decided to take on both. I've spent the last couple of weeks figuring out to to attack Project CARS on a controller and played GT Sport for a little tonight, and will work on figuring that game out as well. This way I'll hopefully be proficient enough to participate in races on both sides of the fence. I feel GT Sport will have more of a community to race with, however.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back